Empty server list

MacFelly

• Replies 320
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hey Jackie quick question when you asking about hardware are you asking about the model I have for intense (ASUS ROG ZEPHYRUS G15) or or you asking for the full device/hardware specifications

I just provided them with an exported MSINFO file, which gives them all the hardware info they should require. From your Start Menu, just type MSINFO and you will get a nice little window pop up with a summary of your Laptop model, chipset and a whole host of other details. In this window, navigate to File->Export and then choose where to download that file. Then you can attach the file to your email.

Edited by Catalan

I just provided them with an exported MSINFO file, which gives them all the hardware info they should require. From your Start Menu, just type MSINFO and you will get a nice little window pop up with a summary of your Laptop model, chipset and a whole host of other details. In this window, navigate to File->Export and then choose where to download that file. Then you can attach the file to your email.

huh and here i thought all that was required was just the name thanks CATALAN

Hello all. Managed to just log in! dunno why. Probably random log in, since they have been occuring...but hadnt been enbale since the 15. Will update on any change! Keep on keepin on yall, this will get fixed!!

Gotta love latecomers. Y'all really should read the whole thread.

Yes, every once in a while it works. The Steam version has a better chance of getting a server list, seems to be around one in ten. Maybe a touch better.

Yes, it will get fixed, with the next game patch, as stated by the moderator. However, she didn't say when that patch would be. I'm guessing next Tuesday at the regular patch time. Then we'll get to see if this mess continues for another week or not.

Gotta love latecomers. Y'all really should read the whole thread.

Yes, every once in a while it works. The Steam version has a better chance of getting a server list, seems to be around one in ten. Maybe a touch better.

Yes, it will get fixed, with the next game patch, as stated by the moderator. However, she didn't say when that patch would be. I'm guessing next Tuesday at the regular patch time. Then we'll get to see if this mess continues for another week or not.

Wow, i did read the whole thread, thats why i said "random log in, since they have been occuring...". Dont understand why you are saying this, was just stating that got in and would give feedback...plus, was just trying to rally people up bit.

So you dont read or understand the comments, and you are not a cool dude, like it would seem on the thread, take a chill pill. There was no need for that latecomer crap.

Btw...did not logged in through steam.

Edited by SparksGYBE

There was no need for that latecomer crap.

You're right, and I want to apologize. Like others here I'm disappointed and angry with Bioware for there poor response to these issues, so a cheerful post just struck a nerve.

I've been tearing apart these problems for two weeks now to find a way to get around these serious issues, successfully with the launcher crash, unsuccessfully with the server list. I've tried to log in so many times I had to disable the security key to save time. I have both web and Steam versions installed, eating up disk space. I've applied every security and development tool I have. The only thing I haven't done is probe the Bioware servers directly to see how they are responding. I could, it's part of what I do professionally, but it would be illegal.

Bioware has basically told us "we'll fix it when we fix it", and I'm angry, so when you posted a positive message that felt like it retraced old ground we've already been over I reacted badly. I got snarky, and I'm sorry.

Loot Crate still Dropping Empty Loot | 02.19.2022, 03:07 PM

Hi all,

A fix is being slowly rolled out through 11:59pm CT across all servers for the Tionese Requistion Caches not offering loot. While servers will not be brought down, some players may experience a momentary drop in-game but will be able to play immediately after.

Thanks for your patience.

Wait. They'll roll out a fix for operations loot boxes on a Saturday, but they won't fix the issue with a bunch of their paying customers being unable to play the game?

You're right, and I want to apologize. Like others here I'm disappointed and angry with Bioware for there poor response to these issues, so a cheerful post just struck a nerve.

I've been tearing apart these problems for two weeks now to find a way to get around these serious issues, successfully with the launcher crash, unsuccessfully with the server list. I've tried to log in so many times I had to disable the security key to save time. I have both web and Steam versions installed, eating up disk space. I've applied every security and development tool I have. The only thing I haven't done is probe the Bioware servers directly to see how they are responding. I could, it's part of what I do professionally, but it would be illegal.

Bioware has basically told us "we'll fix it when we fix it", and I'm angry, so when you posted a positive message that felt like it retraced old ground we've already been over I reacted badly. I got snarky, and I'm sorry.

Thanks for that m8! I understand your point and apreciate all your work and effort, really! We are in this together, will just have to hang on or move on, i guess.

Btw, managed 3 separate logins yesterday between my post and 5:00 am. Even made a new character in the 2nd log in. Seemed alright, but at 12:30 am, tried and no servers....will keep trying and update in anyway. Cheers!

Btw, managed 3 separate logins yesterday between my post and 5:00 am. Even made a new character in the 2nd log in. Seemed alright, but at 12:30 am, tried and no servers....will keep trying and update in anyway. Cheers!

I got in once this week with the web launcher. The Steam version will eventually get in, but might take 4 or 5 tries. I think Valve is proxying/buffering the connections, so maybe it responds faster and doesn't glitch. I'm probably going to uninstall the web version and just stick with Steam, but not until they patch this mess and I see if it works or not.

I'm having the same issue. I'm running it on a Zephyrus G14 like a lot of you. This is a reoccurring issue that I have dealt with since I started playing a year ago. I used to be able to just restart my laptop and the server would work, but for the past couple of weeks, that "workaround" no longer works. From the launcher not starting up for a couple of days to the empty server list, I am beginning to lose hope on this game and abandon it. I have tried everything from removing and adding the launcher and game from the firewall, to messing with the Geforce experience app that seems to be part of the issue, to uninstalling and installing the game, but the empty server list remains like a plague of my existence. I try to hit the help button when I get the empty server list screen, but it then asks me to subscribe. Poor design and even poorer customer service. I am hoping the EA/Bioware fix this issue because I do enjoy my time with the game when I am able to get on.

I was able to get in for the last 2 days by removing the %LOCALAPPDATA%\SWTOR\Settings contents, then doing compatibility for XP sp3, then not closing out the client. Unfortunately (again after doing so many workarounds) I can't get in (server blank), and I tried the EA launcher, which just crashed. Going to restart computer and see if anything works.

I was able to get in for the last 2 days by removing the %LOCALAPPDATA%\SWTOR\Settings contents, then doing compatibility for XP sp3, then not closing out the client. Unfortunately (again after doing so many workarounds) I can't get in (server blank), and I tried the EA launcher, which just crashed. Going to restart computer and see if anything works.

Luckily removing the files (again) worked, I now have to reload all my GUI settings again.

It's been so long since I've been able to get into the game that I have even stopped checking the forums daily.

I may check back someday randomly to see if I can log on, but at this point I've mostly lost interest.

~zvbm

So after updating all of my drivers and anything else on my G14 including the ASUS Game First software. I then stopped all popups. What I mean is the game first optimization popup and the NVIDIA Gforce Experience overlay popup. While this has not solved the problem it has caused it to lessen. I now get in one out of 4 or so trys.

So after updating all of my drivers and anything else on my G14 including the ASUS Game First software. I then stopped all popups. What I mean is the game first optimization popup and the NVIDIA Gforce Experience overlay popup. While this has not solved the problem it has caused it to lessen. I now get in one out of 4 or so trys.

Just tried this. Got really excited when it went from launch to empty server list in fifteen seconds instead of over a minute.... but that was only first launch. I've had precisely zero successful logins since 7.0, unless you count the one using a borrowed older machine...

I'm using the website-downloaded client, not Steam. I don't want to install again. I wish they'd tell us what the issue is... I'm very curious. This, along with other issues, has turned me off to buying another AMD-powered ASUS laptop ever again.

Just tried this. Got really excited when it went from launch to empty server list in fifteen seconds instead of over a minute.... but that was only first launch. I've had precisely zero successful logins since 7.0, unless you count the one using a borrowed older machine...

I'm using the website-downloaded client, not Steam. I don't want to install again. I wish they'd tell us what the issue is... I'm very curious. This, along with other issues, has turned me off to buying another AMD-powered ASUS laptop ever again.

Like i said it didnt solve it, just lessen a little bit. I also play in windowed full screen (not that it will help).

is there an eta for the next patch?

I've gotta be honest, I kinda assumed it was going to be Tuesday. I did ask for a ballpark, but my expectation was that the answer would be soon. But we are close enough without any maintenance notification that it's really not looking that way. :(

I've gotta be honest, I kinda assumed it was going to be Tuesday. I did ask for a ballpark, but my expectation was that the answer would be soon. But we are close enough without any maintenance notification that it's really not looking that way. :(

And with no reply from a dev or CM letting us know… sigh.

If it was I'm sure they would be in here all smiles saying it will be fixed tomorrow. Lack of response means they don't want to face us. So don't get your hopes up. Its a small portion of the userbase so if we all quit in rage it really wouldn't effect them monetarily so we're low on the totem pole.

last message for my, as i will lost my sub in less than 8 hours, i will not be able to post on this forum anymore (theorically, even if i paid full game and Both extensions where they were paid ...)

3 month of sub =

- 2 month Delay

- 2 weeks full filled of bugs make the game almost unplayable (when in can log in)

- 1 month on the PTS to see nothing done about feedbacks and bug reports

- missing rewards

- lost seasonals rewars due to ryzen issues

- support being rude with me on first call (unrecorded)

Hoping for a better tomorrow for all of you guys, but i'm not hoping anymore, and as a developper, quite tired to pay for doing the job by myself just to "have fun". If they don't want to invest anymore, it'll be a good time to consider selling a "community" server software, this way they'll make easy money and players will be responsive of everything they probably want to get rid

Edited by softreaper