Legacy of the Sith Digital Collector’s Edition

JackieKo

The jump coding is d4mn far superior, I'll tell you that much.

Oh yeah, it's like night and day. The way I compare it is like, with SWTOR the difficulty of the jump puzzles is working out how to use the janky jump controls and physics system. With GW2 jump puzzles, it's the jumps themselves that are difficult. :p

• Replies 198
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

There can't be any price tag for it ingame, let alone an overinflated one, because this is an exclusive time-limited deal that can only be bought with real money for your account. The items will be sent to all your characters via ingame mail and bound to them upon pickup like all the other sub or code rewards.

I know that already, never implied otherwise, but look back at the origins bundle, and at least this one has cuter stuff. Legacy of the Sith Digital Collector’s Edition is nice, and for what is offers, it is pretty good; just would've gladly paid quite more if it had more cool Sith stuff in it (perhaps even a new CE vendor), which I felt they could've amped up more (rather than a couple nice looking items, namely the mount & pet, & some coins & gametime).

Edited by BlackSilverFire

What is wrong with you folks? Everyone hating on this? In this package you get 1mo of game time and 2400 CC so the in game items you are basically getting for 5$ So how is this in anyway a bad deal?

Sometimes I wonder where these irrational doom callers come from? Do they hear their own thoughts? Do their arguments actually make sense in their own head?

Any of you ever feel like you are the only sane person in the Galaxy?

Now that I agree with 100%. However I just dont agree about the package. Its actually a pretty decent deal and I myself will do it. Im getting exactly what I am paying for its not a bad deal in any way. But access the CE vendor should be a MUST. They need to do that then its a CE. Atm I just see it as a Digital Deluxe package not a CE.

The name is the only thing I have an issue with because I just dont see it as a CE

I'm lamenting the fact we don't get real companions that take real companion gifts anymore.

The galactic season phony companions only take special gifts that will cost something like 460,000 a pop after their season has ended.

I saw the Altuur zok Adon special gifts on PTS going for 460,000 each. If the companion's season is still active, those gifts will cost galactic season tokens.

I still haven't spent my 15 galactic seasons tokens, I might end up having to buy the vaiken spacedock apartment to clear room so I can receive new seasons tokens. There's not much of value from the seasons vendor if you already got everything as a preorder bonus/subscriber reward.

Edited by Falensawino

I know that already, never implied otherwise, but look back at the origins bundle, and at least this one has cuter stuff.

I still don't understand what you mean with overinflated price tag. The LotS Digital Collector's Edition is a time-limited deal with a fixed price that will be directly unlocked for your account just like the Digital Upgrade Pack. You cannot store and sell that code at a later time for an inflated price like you can with the physical CE or the Origin bundle. Once that time window is closed, there will be no more chance to buy it.

Edited by Phazonfreak

Hi everyone,

Alongside the launch of 7.0 will be a Darth Malgus-inspired Legacy of the Sith Digital Collector’s Edition. More details can be found here. I'm quite partial to the mini pet.

Jackie

These items should be free to all founders and anyone else that got the collector set. Crap that you have pay again at full price. Sad:mad:

These items should be free to all founders and anyone else that got the collector set. Crap that you have pay again at full price. Sad:mad:

Hey, other EA projects don't fund themselves pal. Small, indie, development company gots to pay the bills, yo!

(/sarc - obviously)

Hey, other EA projects don't fund themselves pal. Small, indie, development company gots to pay the bills, yo!

(/sarc - obviously)

Andrew Wilson's yacht doesn't magically fill up on diesel every time it makes port. He's got pay someone to fill the tanks with revenue of broken dreams and lowered expectations.

Hands down, the main reason there were so many players asking for a collector's edition for this expansion was for the express purpose of gaining access to the CE fleet vendor.

We can literally become imperial troopers in the upcoming expansion thanks to combat styles, but this is basically the devs saying that armor set will never be available to anyone ever again.

Why even bother putting the "Collector's Edition" tag onto something that isn't even close to what players would have expected it to be. Even if actual, real life collectibles aren't being offered due to it being digital, the bare minimum of expectation was to gain access to the CE vendor on the fleet.

I'll hold out some hope the CE vendor items will appear on the galactic seasons vendor eventually, but I doubt that will happen. It seems we will NEVER be able to access the collector's edition vendor, even by buying this "Collector's Edition".

Would love it if the new CE have several versions on top of the in game items:

1. One that grants digital version of the booklet and map from the original physical CE bundle.

2. One that grants new art book, OST, and/or other actual cool stuffs that other game CE usually have.

Another that's 1+2 for the players who want both with a small discount.

And they all should grant access to the CE vendor. It's 10th Anniversary, people who missed it or joined late should have a second chance. Sadly, a mount, a pet and a weapon that I can't even use at lv80 is a hard pass for me.

For me this would cost 57.56$ CAD. Rather pricey for pixels that are not really mine.

I've already bought FF XIV just haven't decided on server yet. That's a whole game.

I had thought it might be a Collectors Edition with the vendor access, otherwise why call it Collectors Edition, whats being collected? Collectibles? Nope just ones & zeros. Unless its CE Criminal Edition.

Edited by LeMage

This just comes to show what the team's priorities were when working on new "expansion". Weapon outfit designer pushed back, but we get brand new cash grab!

Btw you won't be able to use that weapon since designer is broke. What are you trying to sell?

Shame...

This just comes to show what the team's priorities were when working on new "expansion". Weapon outfit designer pushed back, but we get brand new cash grab!

Btw you won't be able to use that weapon since designer is broke. What are you trying to sell?

Shame...

Hold on, so an item you bought with RW currency is NOT usable in the next expansion? Where oh where have I seen this before?

Pause...pause....pause

Oh yeah, 'Warlords of Draenor' (Activision / WoW). Want to know how that went over?

Two words: "Not" and "Well". In fact, the notion of NOT being able to use your flying mounts on / in Draenor went so poorly, you COULDN'T unsubscribe. You had to talk to a CS rep (back when they had them) first.

What came out of that boondoggle? Pathfinder. A thoroughly reviled EXTRA system.

Hold on, so an item you bought with RW currency is NOT usable in the next expansion? Where oh where have I seen this before?

Pause...pause....pause

Oh yeah, 'Warlords of Draenor' (Activision / WoW). Want to know how that went over?

Two words: "Not" and "Well". In fact, the notion of NOT being able to use your flying mounts on / in Draenor went so poorly, you COULDN'T unsubscribe. You had to talk to a CS rep (back when they had them) first.

What came out of that boondoggle? Pathfinder. A thoroughly reviled EXTRA system.

Won't be usable for a few months.

Not the end of the world.

Well, since I am a subscriber since the beginning of the game, for me this "new offer" means paying some 35 Euros on top of my ongoing subscription for a mount, pet and the dual saber (that does not even have any special effects).

Sorry, but I think I pass.

Well, since I am a subscriber since the beginning of the game, for me this "new offer" means paying some 35 Euros on top of my ongoing subscription for a mount, pet and the dual saber (that does not even have any special effects).

Sorry, but I think I pass.

It's not how it works. If you bought the offer, it would cancel your recurring subscription and add to a month to your play time. Then you'd just have to resubscribe. You're still getting one month of subscription with the deal.

nope, I'll most likely pass for several reasons

- it overrides my current sub which means I would get 100cc less that month *

- the mount is quite meh

- the pet is nice but to call it again and again everytime after loading is tedious

- the saber looks meh and won't work for now with 7.0 and lvl 80 anyway

- disappointed that current subs won't get anything free with 7.0

- to call it a CE is laughable if it doesn't even give the same stuff the digital upgrade gives **

* I know, it still gives one more month of sub, sure, so being activated AFTER I may cancel my recurring sub would be the way to go here but there is no such option- so: nope

** which includes the VIP-access

It's not how it works. If you bought the offer, it would cancel your recurring subscription and add to a month to your play time. Then you'd just have to resubscribe. You're still getting one month of subscription with the deal.

Thanks but not thanks. I not a fan of the mount anyways and I don't need "gimmicks" to subscribe for something I am not sure I going to keep playing anyways. If I have to resub after this, that would be an incentive not to.

I had been doing the testing and what I have seen, and experience makes me leery of continuing with playing and I have been here since launch or prior if you count being on the forums when they were making this game and doing forum roleplay while waiting for launch.

Edited by casirabit

Thanks but not thanks. I not a fan of the mount anyways and I don't need "gimmicks" to subscribe for something

Plus, regardless how one feels about the actual content of the LOts DCE, it's $40 for $15 worth of subscription meaning you're paying $25 for swag.

Edited by xordevoreaux

Won't be usable for a few months.

Not the end of the world.

Also not a great endorsement for an expansion or CE? It shouldn’t be a race to the bottom to see what we as paying customers will put up with. Which is what BioWare continues to do with each expansion.

They should be trying to overwhelm us to enjoy the game or pay for a CE. The value should be more than the perceived cost. But instead they continue to underwhelm us and offer nothing enticing that is value added.

It’s like they are doing the bare minimum to keep their jobs and us as customers and if we leave they don’t really care.

Edited by TrixxieTriss

It's yet another swing and a miss from Bioware, people have been asking for the proper collectors edition being available digitally for so long and they still fail to include this in the Malgus edition.

The people that have always wanted access the the CE vendor are those that were not around when the game first launched since the CE is not available or if you fan somehow find one they are not reasonably priced, or someone like me that could not justify paying that much money for a malgus statue I didn't want and would throw away.

Include all collectors items to date and this may actually be worth what you are asking.

Plus, regardless how one feels about the actual content of the LOts DCE, it's $40 for $15 worth of subscription meaning you're paying $25 for swag.

Not quite. You forgot the 2.400 Cartel Coins included with the DCE, which are worth about 20$. All in all you end up paying roughly 5$ for the items, which is a pretty reasonable deal even if you only really like one of the three.

Edited by Phazonfreak