Does anybody actually like the gear and class changes?

DeadOptimus

do you dislike that kind of gameplay? if you do, did you tell your Group that you prefer different gameplay?

how did your group react and what compromise did you collectively arrive at?

in my opinion, the best thing about cooperative gameplay is the cooperation but I guess not everyone thinks that.

when LV 55 hardmode FPs were introduced

1. they were hard and fun (and in a different que from the brainless gimmi gimmi grind FPs)

2. they had a Bonus Boss that rewarded Loot but required certain conditions to spawn

3. the Bonus was even harder then what's required to clear the FP

4. from a pure Gear per time spent consideration sneaking past everything skippable was better

5. it was fun so people killed the trash and the Boss

no artificial enforcement required, why not recreate that?

In the spirit of communication I'll answer some of your questions but to be clear I don't consider it anyone else's business on how or what my group of players decided to do. We decided that I would create another character so that I could add stealth as a second combat style. This character is one that I would only play when grouping with them. They don't have as much time to play as I do (they have about 1.5 hours every other day at most) so we make the most of what time they do have: I get in a position to summon them as soon as they log in, do research on rotations and stats, etc. That includes swapping characters - that's time they don't get to kill bad guys (or whatever they want to do). For them adding stealth is pretty much mandatory and that has been the answer when I've asked my guild (of about 900) as well. Only 1 person from my guild has answered they won't be taking stealth as a second combat style and they said it was for a character they intended to play solo so as to not inconvenience anyone. Is it anecdotal? Absolutely unequivocally: yes. People are already planning on making it happen and the expansion isn't even here yet.

I think it's wonderful that added those things to the harder content. Your question is better directed at BW than me: if I was designing a game that's what I would be doing. I've only said anything since BW seems incapable (or maybe they know and just don't care) of understanding how their actions affect the players. The current firestorm with the tacticals is a perfect example; it could have and *should* have been avoided by simple communication to players. Yet here we are with yet *another* fire to be put out or in BW's case: burn the place up.

Edited by Sethenon

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

-> afaik if one person declined it (in FPs at least) the kick should have been aborted -> nothing bad happened. I can't see any Problem

Actually this is not true. It only takes 2 people to vote kick, so if 1 other person agreed with the original person that initiates the kick that person is removed from the group.

:) ty for answering me.

I've stopped having fun because of SWTOR probably over 6 Years ago and only raidlogged since.

I'm still having fun with my Raidgroup, just stopped caring completely about SWTOR stuff outside the Raid evenings.

so I'm completely out of touch.

I'm hyped, there hasn't been a fixed bug (in an Operation) for at least 3 Years maybe we'll even see one of those in 7.0.

Actually this is not true. It only takes 2 people to vote kick, so if 1 other person agreed with the original person that initiates the kick that person is removed from the group.

interesting, I would have thought you'd need more then 50% to kick someone.

I'm actually hyped for Levelling some chars with Imp combat styles, maybe I'll get to see a votekick to confirm that.

interesting, I would have thought you'd need more then 50% to kick someone.

I'm actually hyped for Levelling some chars with Imp combat styles, maybe I'll get to see a votekick to confirm that.

Personally I try to avoid kicking people, unless they're really being obnoxious. Like continuing to pull before the tank in a MM FP, or going out of their way to pull extra things (accidents happen for getting to close at times, but if groups are pulled far from the group I start to wonder). If people ask about doing the bonus bosses I 95% of the time say yes, unless I see the DPS just isn't up to completing it. Extra loot/tech frags are fine for doing the bonus bosses to me.

Edited by Toraak

User Interface

-

The UI that they've showed off in the PTS now makes the UI consist of 4 different types of graphical design ideas at the same time. You go to the main menu to see one graphical design idea. Then you go to the character creation screen to see another graphical design idea. You get in-game where your hotbar and minimap is to see another graphical design idea. You open up your character stats screen to see another graphical design idea. There is a mish-mash of various designs, 4 if not 5 in total, and the latest designs have issues when it comes to contrast, font, border, background color, and placement. The design is not consistent, and looks like something that I would do as a draft, and I'm not a graphical designer, but a programmer. The current UI that they're going with is basically my best effort, which is not good enough for a triple A game.

Immortal Tank

-

Sweeping Slash, Saber Reflect, Mad Dash, Enrage, Enrage Defense and Endure Pain are skills that I use all the time, because some of the most important utilities I use are the 50% movement speed passives that activate when I cast Enrage and Enraged Defense, the cure that activates when I cast Endure Pain, the additional charge that I can use towards the mobs, the AOE threat management that comes with the cone damage oriented Sweeping Slash, and the Saber Reflect bubble that temporarily immortalizes me from blaster bolts for a few seconds while it increases my threat.

What they've basically done with my Immortal tank in 7.0 is remove everything that made me able to sustain my health and threat; my run speed, cure, 2nd "force" charge, bubble, and AOE threat management. They've also added a complication to using Enrage, so that it now functions like yet another AOE taunt on cooldown, forcing me to play the "Let's take a look at the UI in detail for when I can use my skills"- game instead of playing SWTOR.

The only thing that made Juggernaut Immortal tank fun, part from being able to play a Sith, was its incredible mobility and how it was not reliant on any cooldowns or complicated rotations.

Loadouts

-

The only thing that carries over successfully without much hassle when you swap to another combat style is the hotbar. The gear will only be swapped if it's in your inventory, and if you do a swap then, your gear will end up in the top left of the inventory along with all the trash that might come in, so you have to relocate the gear in your inventory around anyway, every single time, lest you want to risk accidentally deleting your gear. Or, you have to use the bank, which means that you have to buy the legacy perk, wait for the legacy ability casting speed, or wait for the legacy ability cooldown, or head over to the fleet or your stronghold to get access to a bank where your equipment is and even then the gear which transfers over ends up in the top left of the bank window so if you have anything else in there it ends up becoming a mess.

They could simply solve this by doing what they did in Final Fantasy.

Edited by Nilatis