The mood about this xpac should be causing you (BW) to reevaluate the whole thing

Rolodome

6.0 had a lot of people on the forums up in arms before it launched, and when it came out people enjoyed the expansion. People will always complain about every expansion simply because THEY DO NOT LIKE CHANGE.

I expect we'll see something closer to what happened after 5.0 launched but we'll see.

• Replies 188
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I expect we'll see something closer to what happened after 5.0 launched but we'll see.

I doubt it. Once people realize the best way to gear, it shouldn't take to long to get a full set of 326 if done properly, then doing MM FP's will have you gearing out your alts in no time. At the worst in 2-3 weeks I should be in 326's, which isn't bad, then everything else will get passed around to my alts from boss drops to weekly boxes. People just haven't figured out the proper way to gear. They are so concerned about using the upgrade method from the vendors. Remember the weekly boxes automatically upgrade your lowest rated gear.

Getting from 326 to 330 will take longer of course, since there are only so many MM Ops available each week.

Really, people are just to worried about gear. It's as if they think they won't be able to play until they get the very bestest gear. That's never been the case.

Agreed. I was doing content just fine in 318 non augmented gear on the PTS. Anything more then that isn't needed, it's just a nice bonus.

Again I must point out that there was the same sort of 'forum' hysteria before 6.0 came out, but that turned out to be a big nothing-burger. I suspect 7.0 will be too. 🙂

Well, unless we actually get gear drops from solo content, (which I haven't seen or seen mentioned anywhere), I'll probably be complaining about how BW treats solo/alt players ad nauseum.

As someone said, people don't like change, personally I don't like change that makes my gameplay style completely worthless.

I doubt it. Once people realize the best way to gear, it shouldn't take to long to get a full set of 326 if done properly, then doing MM FP's will have you gearing out your alts in no time. At the worst in 2-3 weeks I should be in 326's, which isn't bad, then everything else will get passed around to my alts from boss drops to weekly boxes. People just haven't figured out the proper way to gear. They are so concerned about using the upgrade method from the vendors. Remember the weekly boxes automatically upgrade your lowest rated gear.

People will be confused by vendors and angry at artificial barriers put in place (limited conquest and weekly gains). But we'll see what happens. I hope it'll be managable, don't want to quit over it.

Getting from 326 to 330 will take longer of course, since there are only so many MM Ops available each week.

More than players willing to do them, dare I say :)

Well, unless we actually get gear drops from solo content, (which I haven't seen or seen mentioned anywhere), I'll probably be complaining about how BW treats solo/alt players ad nauseum.

There's the green conquest gear that, in my opinion, would be more fitting as open world drops than as rewards. Then again looking at 7.0 rewards everybody will get trash unmoddable gear, the only difference will be color (green for solo, blue for group content, purple for nim).

People will be confused by vendors and angry at artificial barriers put in place (limited conquest and weekly gains). But we'll see what happens. I hope it'll be managable, don't want to quit over it.

More than players willing to do them, dare I say :)

There's the green conquest gear that, in my opinion, would be more fitting as open world drops than as rewards. Then again looking at 7.0 rewards everybody will get trash unmoddable gear, the only difference will be color (green for solo, blue for group content, purple for nim).

doing conquest on multiple characters won't be a waste tho. You still get the Flagship plans as far as I know, so each character you do conquest on past the 5 to cap Medals of Commendations will still make you a lot of profit on the GTN.

Really, people are just to worried about gear. It's as if they think they won't be able to play until they get the very bestest gear. That's never been the case.

What matters to me personally is the ability to play all mandatory story content in story mode with the gear the game gave me before each instance of story play. Finishing Class Story should mean I can do Ilum. After playing Ilum I can do Makeb. After playing Makeb I can do Revan. After playing Revan I can do Fallen Empire/Eternal Throne, and so on. No more Spirit of Vengeance fiascoes. This should happen for current characters who are already at level 75 regardless of where they are in the story as well as new characters I may choose to play. As long as this is true I'm happy, but I do not begrudge others who are unhappy for all the rest of the game's content. They deserve to be happy too.

No more Spirit of Vengeance fiascoes.

Not to mention Iokath sentinels that remained broken for entire 6.0. It wasn't discussed much because most players skip Iokath after picking side but BW never bothered to fix it. That's why I dread every time they try to "adjust balance".

The mood honestly doesn't look much different to me this expansion than any other.

They are still complaining about gearing. (The exact complaint changes but still)

They are still complaining about skills

They are still complaining about too little story/ops/PVP etc (whatever form of content that that player wants more of)

They are still suggesting we go back to version X (where X is some previous idealized version), often times a few years after making all the above complaints about that version.

They are still suggesting that the player base is going to abandon the game in droves, or some other versio9n of "the game is dead/dying"

With all the hyperbole, honestly I'm not really that surprised BW doesn't acknowledge a lot of it.

The mood honestly doesn't look much different to me this expansion than any other.

They are still complaining about gearing. (The exact complaint changes but still)

They are still complaining about skills

They are still complaining about too little story/ops/PVP etc (whatever form of content that that player wants more of)

They are still suggesting we go back to version X (where X is some previous idealized version), often times a few years after making all the above complaints about that version.

They are still suggesting that the player base is going to abandon the game in droves, or some other versio9n of "the game is dead/dying"

With all the hyperbole, honestly I'm not really that surprised BW doesn't acknowledge a lot of it.

This studio doesn't usually acknowledge much of anything, it's been a chronic problem of theirs (though of late, it's been holiday and right now, it's the weekend). As for hyperbole, how anyone still has the gall left to look at the rate of content release and the number of servers left and say that it's hyperbole to be concerned the playerbase can't take another major hit is beyond me. How anyone still has the gall left to talk down to people for saying it's dead/dying or anything like that, when it so obviously is in bad shape, barely getting updates, bugs that have been left unaddressed for years, a relatively small expansion delayed to celebrate the 10 year anniversary, etc. And it's not just about raw numbers to find anyone else to play with, it's about EA BW and its investors and how justified they feel continuing to fund development; they are the real customers, not us.

I agree with this.

6.0 had a lot of people on the forums up in arms before it launched, and when it came out people enjoyed the expansion. People will always complain about every expansion simply because THEY DO NOT LIKE CHANGE.

There wasn't nearly the flap over 6.0 as 7.0 and it was only over pure RNG gearing. Bioware made major adjustments to mitigate the RNG because even after launch players were unhappy. It wasn't until AFTER Bioware made changes in the system that people came to like it.

The one thing I hope they reconsider is making heroic 2's not soloable. Or at least not as easily soloable.

This is one of the most stupid decisions they could have made. They take too long to do as it is, making it worse is an awful idea.

Is this confirmed? People on PTS forum say H2s are more of a slog now but not unplayable solo.

There wasn't nearly the flap over 6.0 as 7.0 and it was only over pure RNG gearing. Bioware made major adjustments to mitigate the RNG because even after launch players were unhappy. It wasn't until AFTER Bioware made changes in the system that people came to like it.

BW's mitigation for gearing was and has always been horrible during the 6.0 gearing system. That has never really changed. People just eventually excepted it for what it was. If BW really meant to mitigate the RNG, they never would have put in 20 variations of every Armoring, Mod, and enhancement.

Same. The H2's I saw were about the same as live.

With a Sentinel/Marauder it is significantly slower (primarily due to lower damage output from capped crit and alacrity). Heroics aren't a slog anyway since they are pretty short compared to leveling content (though the Republic ones on Voss come pretty close).

With a Sentinel/Marauder it is significantly slower (primarily due to lower damage output from capped crit and alacrity). Heroics aren't a slog anyway since they are pretty short compared to leveling content (though the Republic ones on Voss come pretty close).

I learned a very long time ago to avoid the republic Voss heroics. They've always taken a lot more time

After WoW's recent shenanigans, I have zero patience with any game developers that try my goodwill.

There are plenty of other good MMO's these days.

None of them are Star Wars....which is the only reason this game still gets my $

I completely agree with you about this.

As one of the people who was VERY annoyed at the sheer amount of RNG with 6.0, I was quite vocal about it.

The devs did, eventually, find ways to lessen the impact of MOST of it...except for amplifiers (which, other than making me some nice credits early on...I mostly wound up ignoring anyway).

With 7.0 and what people are calling "ability pruning" that is more of a core system than the RNG of amplifiers, or the RNG of the type of loot that you get from drops in the world, or the RNG for the loot you get from the lvl 75 vendor on fleet, or the RNG that you get from the various reward boxes (renown and otherwise).

I played my Merc on PTS, and my sniper for a bit too. As an Arsenal Merc on live there are abilities that I use regularly that I will have to choose one or the other, or one of three, once 7.0 goes live. That's part of more of a "core" system than RNG and I fear won't be as easily adjustable when the people in charge of the devs see how much people don't like the new system.

Pub side Corellia H2's are bad too, if I remember correctly, or at least not as short as the imp side versions.

Pub side Voss / Corellia are ones I've avoided for years now.

I ran all the heroics solo, as a sorc and as a jugg. Wasn’t a slog or any harder than live

Good to know. Both that they aren't harder and that sorcs and jugs aren't hit too hard with the nerfhamer.

I learned a very long time ago to avoid the republic Voss heroics. They've always taken a lot more time

Lol, true, especially boneyard one.