Galactic Seasons 2 and Activity Finder on PTS!

JackieKo

I don't even think you can run Echoes of Oblivion or later on PTS unless you transfer a character that has completed Onslaught. You get kicked out of the instance if you try and run Operation Meridian on the PTS based on when I tried.

Just got to Operation Meridian and got kicked out too so I guess there's the answer.

• Replies 150
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Dumb question #82864398. I want to skip straight to Jedi under Siege after finishing SoR and then just play the two needed chapters instead of every effin chapter which are even spacebarring take a long time. Can I actually do that or will the game say, hey, technically you didn't run a single chapter so no chance to "redo" anything you didn't do.

Dumb question #82864398. I want to skip straight to Jedi under Siege after finishing SoR and then just play the two needed chapters instead of every effin chapter which are even spacebarring take a long time. Can I actually do that or will the game say, hey, technically you didn't run a single chapter so no chance to "redo" anything you didn't do.

Not sure how it works with skipping, but if you port a character that has chapters unlocked to the pts, it works just fine to only do the last 2 with that char.

It will let you run them and you will get the associated achievements.

What happened to the key bind for the activity window? it used to be ctrl+g and now its gone. No way to rebind it. Super annoying to have to click when i've been used to the keybind for so long.

What the heck is going on with weekly missions in the solo tab of the activities window? It only shows a handful of planets and daily areas and seems to change depending on what planet you are standing on. When I'm on fleet I don't see the CZ weekly, but if I teleport to Odessen I do.

Also planetary weeklies seem to be available multiple times a week. I did the voss weekly mission obtained from the activities window solo tab last night (tuesday night after reset) and I was able to pick up the voss weekly mission again today as well as other weekly missions I know I already did this week.

Edit: I just did the pub side Alderaan Heroic weekly minutes before making this post and I just picked it up a second time from the solo tab of the activities window.

Edit2: I am currently standing on Voss. For Planetary Missions I see Heroic Missions for Alderaan, Balmorra, Corellia, Nar Shaddaa, the daily area for iokath, and the bounty contract week event.

I then travel to fleet and I see heroic missions for Belsavis, Hoth, Taris, Voss, the daily area for ossus, and the bounty contract week event. An entirely different list other then bounty week.

Its like theres one list when you are scaled down and a different list when you are actually at 80.

Heroic weeklies look like they may be infinitely repeatable despite having the weekly label. So far it appears daily area weeklies can only be done once a week.

Edited by _backcab_

Why do the GS objectives not cycle through each week? Also do the dailys/weeklys in the GF rotate? Because I keep getting different ones based on the planet I go to. I get different ones on fleet, and different ones on my ship and different ones on a planet. Are they supposed to rotate daily or weekly as well? And if they rotate daily, why dont the GS rotate daily as well? Since the GS objectives require dailys/weeklys that are not available, due to them rotating daily or randomly? Or is this just bugged on my part, and they will rotate weekly as well?

Also commando is bugged, and choices in my PT trees refuse to pick for me. (Guessing bugs.)

I would really like to know if weeklies are supposed to be done 3 times a week or not...

I mean it is in the mission description for VM FPs.

VM FP Empire: "Aid the Empire by completing three of the following missions via Group Finder. This mission can be completed 3 times per week."

I assume the change was made universally and not just intended for VM FPs and nothing else.

Edit: Also just came across this

NEW: Repeatable Weekly Missions

Players will notice Weekly Missions such as “[WEEKLY] Galactic Conflicts” and “[WEEKLY] Veteran Flashpoints” can be completed 3 times per week. This is to allow players more flexibility in when they play.

Edit 2: To clarify, I am simply talking about whether the 3x a week thing is an intentional change, so yes we are supposed to be able to do them 3 times. If you are talking about for the titles, there is nothing indicating that doing any of them three times is required.

Edited by Ranadiel_Marius

I can't seem to find "guard" in my shadow tank's abilities and/or ability tree. Is that being carried over to 7.0?

Seems to be an oversight. Shadow was added in the last patch.

Edited by Benito

Hello everyone!

The Public Test Server is now open again. This phase of PTS will remain open throughout the holiday season.

Can we get a concrete end date please. I need a ton of aquatics and am trying to determine if there is enough time left to get a complete set of 322 gear. Any help would be appreciated.

Edited by NeoBlakkrstal
Want to subscribe to post

Can we get a concrete end date please. I need a ton of aquatics and am trying to determine if there is enough time left to get a complete set of 322 gear. Any help would be appreciated.

I mean, you can go from 318 to 322 in a week if you want to, so you have time regardless.

Eternal Championship showed up in my GS objectives for 15 points so I gave it a try and as expected it is a complete nightmare of unbalanced mess compared to live. And it was in 326 gear.

Really nothing makes me want to stick around when 7.0 launches.

Edited by demotivator

We'll probably get a post from them late on an afternoon saying the PTS is going down the next day am.

Edited by Screaming_Ziva

Eternal Championship showed up in my GS objectives for 15 points so I gave it a try and as expected it is a complete nightmare of unbalanced mess compared to live. And it was in 326 gear.

Really nothing makes me want to stick around when 7.0 launches.

I was afraid of this. :(

Text wall incoming.

Finally got 322 on the PTS. I already was not looking forward to 7.0 from day one of the announcement, but actually playing through some of it makes me detest it even more.

For starters, the gear grind is WAY beyond stupid with the prices. First off, hiding the prices seems scummy. Second, needing 800+ ARMs to get a 2+ rating!?!? Very dislike. Plus because of the stat squish/level sync being nerfed/designed poorly now, makes killing ANYTHING take WAY longer and it lower the enjoyment of the game. Thought my character was supposed to be this awesome hero, why am I dying left and right in heroics I can solo with no issue on live now? This seems like a step back. Having to go through all of the storyline content was brutal and not fun at all because things take much longer to die.

Oddly, the FPs lv80 stuff actually dies much faster then on live atm. Was not able to test OPs, but I have heard conflicting things. Some people say its worse and they die faster and more often and can't clear them on SM, but then others say its fine. I can not give any feedback as I couldn't find a group to test it.

I love the alliance armors in collections, thank you as this is a slightly better solution then making it currency based/vendor like I suggested before 4.0 was released.

Did companions get nerfed? They don't seem to heal as well as live atm and in addition to gear and stats being made worse in level syncd content, equals dying much more often and reducing fun enjoyment.

The new rep/currency for the Galactic Season is a good idea, but implemented poorly. The currency comes from multiple sources (where as ALL current rep comes from the same source and thus can be focused on.) and it is no longer auto granted. (Which is VERY odd as a design choice, since rep tokens used to be clickable, but then turned into auto grants to prevent people from "abusing" it for conquest, and now its being redesigned backward? I do not get this change at all.) Also can we get confirmation if rep boosts count for the syndicate plans or not? I was anot able to test it, and since they are not longer auto granted, I don't know if they would interact with this new system or not.

The removal of 80% of the FPs from GF is horrid, especially for the Rak (Kaon and Lost Island) and the CZ (Labs and Meltdown), because you can not complete those storylines in solo mode, and they do not have a GSI "GOD" droid (just like Athiss, Hammer Station, Cademimu, Mando Raiders and Red Reaper) Are they going to have the GSI droid added to them to compensate for their removal from the GF to find others to help complete them? If not, that is a horrid overlook.

Also dislike the removal of the heroic and dailys weeklys from the solo, but I can still get them from the terminal on fleet or on the planet, so its more just an annoying idiocy. (Still don't get why this poor design choice was made, but at least I can get around it.)

Overall, I did not like this preview of 7.0 incoming in a month. Which is sad, because I love this game a lot, its my most played game. But it seems like it will just turn into signing on, get dailys/weeklys done and leave. Which sucks. :( The gearing being not just made worse, but the gear itself is worse. Gear is a tool, NOT a reward. Everyone should have the same tools, everyone should not have the same rewards. Rewards are based on time/work you put into it. Dying more often now, not only ruins the game but lessens the impact of actually being a strong character.

I just wish I could get explanations to a lot of these changes which ruin the experience and fun factor of the game, and who even are these changes for? I hardly see anyone being happy and excited for a lot of short sighted and poor choices being made. I see a lot of the opposite sadly. :(

I don't want people to leave the game, because a lot of people leaving means it raises the chance of the game being shut down, and I really really REALLY don't want that. :(

Please changes these, or if you can't for some production deadline being giving and handed down by the higher ups, fix it rapidly afterwards as more people find out just how bad the changes are when it goes live, more people will leave. :( It took 6 months to fix SOME of the issues with 5.0 with 5.1, but by that time alot of people left and we really only recovered with SWTOR being released on Steam, even 6.0 didn't help much. (Till later with 6.1 and 6.2)

I really do hope the devs read the feedback and see we really do like this game and don't want it ruined. Thanks for taking the time to read, stay safe and may the Force be with you. :)

Sorry, but I've to emphasize that the rewards for participating on the PTS to achieve all of these is ridiculous. You are asking your fanbase to spend several hundreds of hours of everybody's time to get the rewards? It just took me ~30 hours to rush through the main game's class story to reach level 50. It's practically impossible to playtest the group content (at least with the char at lvl 50 - while listing for ~8 hours today and another ~4 hours listing for space battle yesterday, all group contents which opened was one FP instance).

When you started SWTOR it was okish to play test the first chapter of the story with one class to do the testing and achieve the special title, but really... That was asking 10-20 hours of time of your player base which actually pays money for that, compared to the at a best guess 100-150 hours now.

If I'd be asked by my company to work 200 hours within 2 weeks PLUS paying them to be allowed to do that, I'd ask them if they were out of their minds....

Don't get me wrong: I like playing the game and I certainly appreciate all your work on the product, but whoever set up that plan for the PTS rewards should have adjusted the conditions after realizing what needs to be done for a single player to actually achieve them...

Edited by Cidjin

Just finished 2 weeks rally on test. Done all storyline untill Meridian (because i cant enter), my new gear is 322 (all parts), done weekly Heroics, Daily zones, Veteran and Master Flashpoints. Only one weekly I missed, PvP because I'm pure PvE player and when i try to enter warzones I saw only professional PvP players, they just killed me and my team lost because of my lack of skill. So if you will be mercifull and give me all rewards because I did everuthing else I'll be very happy :)

Back to feedback.

I transferred to test my existing character level 75 with completed storyline on Hutta and Dromund Kaas. Then I ran only main storyline (with 2 completed conquests and 1 visit to veteran flashpoint) and became 80 right on last mission of basic story (Star Cabal station). Looks normal for me, I understand it will be faster on live with so many exp bonuses (I used only major exp boost).

My character is operative and I got sniper as second Style. It was really interesting gameplay, I can stealth most trash mobs and kill just those who I need to kill as sniper. Loadouts are very comfortable so I can switch between Styles in a few seconds, but I hope there will be option to change existing loadout without creating new one. And it wouldl be nice to have separate storage (not inventory) for gear sets and weapon.

I got my 322 gear set really fast and it is conquest set (Noble Decursion) mostly. Aquqtic matrixes were no trouble at all and medals too. Only one thing concerns me - weekly caps. I prefer no caps at all, yea, but if you want to slow our progress in gearing so badly please at least rethink that absolutely small number 999. For medals it means that my first 5 characters finish conquest with reward and after that my 6th character and so on dont get medals for finishing conquest. I dont like that idea.

Season 2. Again its ok for me but please make switches between Conquest and Season objectives looks more understandable. I mean I found this functionality just recentrly after week I thought Season objectives are invisible.

Game scaling. Harder then in 6.0 for now. Companions looks weaker in Heal role, and my damage (Lethality operative and Engineering Sniper) feels not enough in comparison with live. I remember you said that 318 gear is enough for most PvE content, but I feel enough IR is 324 at least (maybe 326 even).

P.S. English is not my native language so please forgive my mistakes if any.

Sorry, but I've to emphasize that the rewards for participating on the PTS to achieve all of these is ridiculous. You are asking your fanbase to spend several hundreds of hours of everybody's time to get the rewards? It just took me ~30 hours to rush through the main game's class story to reach level 50. It's practically impossible to playtest the group content (at least with the char at lvl 50 - while listing for ~8 hours today and another ~4 hours listing for space battle yesterday, all group contents which opened was one FP instance).

When you started SWTOR it was okish to play test the first chapter of the story with one class to do the testing and achieve the special title, but really... That was asking 10-20 hours of time of your player base which actually pays money for that, compared to the at a best guess 100-150 hours now.

If I'd be asked by my company to work 200 hours within 2 weeks PLUS paying them to be allowed to do that, I'd ask them if they were out of their minds....

Don't get me wrong: I like playing the game and I certainly appreciate all your work on the product, but whoever set up that plan for the PTS rewards should have adjusted the conditions after realizing what needs to be done for a single player to actually achieve them...

Took me about 30 hours to do everything. Why didn't you boost your character level to 80?

Took me about 30 hours to do everything. Why didn't you boost your character level to 80?

It's what baffles me.

They are giving rewards to get people to actually do some testing for the leveling process during the class stories. Boosting to 80 completely defeats the purpose.

But frankly, if you think that the rewards are not worth the time (definitely wasn't worth it to me), you don't HAVE to do it.