The Best View in SWTOR contest has returned! ×

the MOST annoying companion ever

Zipacnaa

Altuur Zok Adon.

His incessant noices make me want to become a mass murderer. Of his entire race.

Please tell me I can delete his FING voice files somehow.

Bioware, this "free" companion, and his OBVIOUS annoying sounds, has me annoyed to new levels. Not that you care, but I care.

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Altuur Zok Adon.

His incessant noices make me want to become a mass murderer. Of his entire race.

Bioware, this "free" companion, and his OBVIOUS annoying sounds, has me annoyed to new levels. Not that you care, but I care.

This ^ and I care too.

I wish I could delete it as easily as a character I made. (not to mention the gifts that keep pilling up)

I personally can't wait until we get to the non-interactive companions with special abilities. I'm really looking forward to seeing what we get "for free" ... then of course what the CM has to offer with the same specs ... just made to look better !

;)

I can actually ignore his sounds very easily, far more easily than most companions, so he's far from being the most annoying to me

And if he is, there is no obligation to actually use him.

YUP ! I personally don't plan on ever using this non-interactive companion ... ever !

A few I find annoying yes, however as we have plenty of companions now which we can use from level 1, I just don't use any that I find annoying. I am sure we all have ones which annoy us, which will very from player to player.

For me it's just 3 of the original starter companions for Consular, Agent and Inquisitor. Nowadays just don't use them any more other than for quests which you must use to continue story.

For me, the most annoying is Kira Carsen because

each and every sith in SWTOR succeded (Krovos, Lana Beniko Empress Acina, Darth Wovrawn and so on) , only her "poor darling" had to run away from the Sith Academy, eat from garbage and steal, that's the real life! She is WEAK, the Jedi should have never recruited a weak, emotional and coward vagabond, i hate the fact that she becomes my character's padawan and only female romance option.

What the hell does she do while you are frozen in carbonite on Zakuul? NOTHING, just like Ashara Zavros and others.

And then in the last updates, when she is FORCED as a companion for each and every class.. why? why the beep would a BH want yet another moral high ground hypocrite Jedi in her crew?? I know, i know, Kira is " kyoot" and "hot" and bla bla, well i don't give a damn about that aspect, just want a possibility to get rid of her.

I found Kaliyo the worst by a large margin. She's an obnoxious, thoroughly unpleasant character and you're stuck with her as your only story companion for nearly half the Agent's class story. All her companion quests revolve around how she's an awful person with no redeeming qualities who has betrayed everyone she's ever known including the player, yet you're railroaded into keeping her around for no discernible in-character reason. At least you can finally get rid of her in KotFE, I suppose.

Dishonorable mention: Doc for being a gross awful creep and continually sexually harassing Kira and the player (if female).

I found Kaliyo the worst by a large margin. She's an obnoxious, thoroughly unpleasant character and you're stuck with her as your only story companion for nearly half the Agent's class story. All her companion quests revolve around how she's an awful person with no redeeming qualities who has betrayed everyone she's ever known including the player, yet you're railroaded into keeping her around for no discernible in-character reason. At least you can finally get rid of her in KotFE, I suppose.

Yeah, it's funny how poorly Kaliyo is handled given how well-written the Agent's storyline is.

In terms of story/personality she feels like she'd be a better fit as a Bounty Hunter companion or maybe a Sith companion. I understand that they probably wanted to intentionally have companions who rub up against the class the wrong way in order to cause drama or friction but if that's the case Kaliyo would have been better to have for a Jedi character where her behavior would always be at odds with the Jedi ways.

Kaliyo and Rusk are handled the worst in terms of pacing out companions to give the classes. More specifically in relation to where, when and how far in between you get your next companion.

With Kaliyo you have her through all of Chapter 1 before getting your second companion which is insane. With Rusk it's the opposite. You get him as a companion and then one class quest later you get Scourge as a companion and of course many players are gonna want to try out Scourge as a companion for the novelty of the situation alone given that your a Jedi. It also doesn't help that Rusk is a fairly boring/generic military character. The most notable or noteworthy thing about Rusk is basically his race and that's only because it's a non-playable race.

Edited by Darth-Obvious

Altuur definitely. Thanks so much BW for giving us a new companion that is SUPER annoying and no option to turn off companion chatter.

Then for me it's Shae Vizla, Kaliyo and Vette (nobody gonna mess with us now ARGH).

Altuur Zok Adon.

I have been saying this since day one. It gives me brain damage every time I hear that screech.

Annoying companions are just Bioware's way of punishing you for farming achievements. And I 100% support this idea! They should actively create the most annoying companion EVER and then design 100 achievements for them, just to wind up achievement hunters. It would be AMAZING.

I have been saying this since day one. It gives me brain damage every time I hear that screech.

Funny thing about that screeching : was playing with my room door open and my step mother could hear all the game noises. This dialogue occurred :

Mom : Alex!!!! vWhat the hell are you doing to that creature?? Stop this instant!!!

Me : But moooooom, i'm not doing anything to him, that is the way he talks.

Mom : whatever, just make him shut up, it is getting on my nerves!!

:D

Altuur Zok Adon.

+1 for nuking Altuur's noise please! Unfortunately he's now at the top of the list of companions with highest influence in my crew skills window and since we don't have a "favourite companions" options I have to hear his irritating noise every time because who has time to scroll/select/send when it's quicker to just send the first 8. Please help us! You did it with Shae Vizla (no more "timberrrrrr" every 5 seconds) so we know you can. I'm really regretting levelling him.

Other notable irritants:

• Vette. I stand by my hatred of all things Vette
    I choose her for death every time except once & I regret that even though I allowed her live for role play reasons

• Skadge -
    fortunately killable

• Holiday - even though she
    apparently doesn't return with Tharan post kotet
    we still have to suffer her "mesmerising" dance when using him as a companion. How can something so superior be/sound so inferior?
  • Ashara
  • Kaliyo
  • Gus Tuno - petition to throw him back into the snow of Hoth & leave him there. Or shove him out the air lock.
  • Acina - I have to turn the sound off for the chapter we're forced to run with her so I don't have to hear her talk utter rubbish
  • Major Anri - I might be able to tolerate her if they didn't give her such an awful accent. I'm British and it hurts my ears to have to listen too it. It's sooooo wrong.
  • Lana - because she's forced on us in every single story even when it makes no sense for her to be there or be involved. Go away please. If she wasn't in our faces every five seconds she's be so much better
  • Senya - I can write an entire thesis about how she annoying*
  • Arn - his voice is all wrong to me; it doesn't match his look

Special mention for Z0-0M - I have to turn the sound off for her BUT she is currently the best healing companion in the game. Too bad I let her

be destroyed on most of my alts due to her annoying voice before I realised just how good a healer she is.

Second special mention for Tau Idair - I'm not a fan.

BW - give us a "mute companion" option please, thanks. Or you'll get one of these threads every time you give us an "exciting new companion" who turns out to be annoying as hell.

*I'm aware my post is practically a thesis! :D I have so much companion hatred.

Granted, he's still sub-par compared to other companions for me because the options for raising his Influence level are limited, but I've been using him on my Operative and generally enjoying him, noises and all. In fact, I'll say I prefer that to, say, the Star Fortress companions who stay so silent for everything that they might as well not exist at all.

Lana due to her creepy, Stepford wife behavior and the sheer amount she's forced on us. If we had a "Virmire" situation (like they forced on us with Vette and Torian, two characters I ACTUALLY like) where we had to choose to save either Lana or literally any other character or NPC in the game I would choose not Lana.