The Best View in SWTOR contest has returned! ×

Galactic Seasons - Season 2 Updates

DavidStaats

Subscriber Priority Objectives are ones which will require content only Subscribers (and in some cases Preferred players) have access to, and will mix between content which can be solo and content which is multiplayer-oriented.

Because they want you to use the new one

it will most likely be all 3 modes. and the bonus bosses appear on MM

Reply 1 - I was only ever a preferred player for 5 minutes before resubbing so I have no idea what subs get that the rest don't which is why I asked. I thought we got extra GS points for just logging in as a subscriber IN ADDITION TO access to PO content that requires a subscription.

Reply 2 - I got that, but I already hate him so was hoping I wouldn't be forced to use him and hear his nonsense. And you just know there will be one to use Altuur and his ear poisoning speech. I'll probably disable their ability to do anything so I don't have to hear them to get these POs done.

Replay 3 - thanks.

note: the red text was really hard for me to read - sorry for quoting it for anyone else who has a problem with red text on a dark background.

• Replies 123
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I really don't like the way the points for weeklies depend on what type of content it is. I am tired of solo players being treated like an underclass. Weeklies should ALL be equal value and have a similar time to complete. Take a good hard look at your design philosophy and ask yourself why solo players are being penalized for wanting to play the content they are comfortable with an enjoy? Is the point of GS for all players to gain fun fluff while being active players? Or is it just to try and force more people into group content to puff up numbers and skew the data into making group content look more popular than it really is?

PS The choice of solo weeklies is still pretty lame and nothing I would participate in as part of my normal play. To save myself from burning out on a tedious grind, I'm going to buy my way out again. You might consider getting me to spend CC to avoid GS to be a success, but I think having players pay to avoid content speaks more to failure.

PPS I spend far less money annually than I used to due to the changes in the Cartel Market. Buying my way out of GS doesn't even come close to closing the gap.

With the way these new weekly objectives are set up, having them differ in point value is a bad idea. What happens if a player, for instance, does some of the solo ones first but then just happens to participate in and do the weeklies for the MP stuff after they've already hit their 7 weeklies? Do they get the increased points or did doing the solo ones beforehand lock them out of the higher point gains of the MP ones? That's just really bad design.

If the intent is for them to award points equivalent to the amount of time they take, then make the solo objectives reflect that by taking more time so everything can have the same amount of points. There's no reason to make these weekly objectives differ in point values when there's a lockout after you complete x number of them.

Will the Galactic Season Tokens from Season 2 stack from Season 1? That is let's say We've earned 15 tokens from Season 1, and spent 8 on one of the strongholds, is it worth carrying 7 tokens over to Season 2 so we can buy the second stronghold with ease? Or do we have to regrind 8 more tokens for the stronghold?

Or is it just to try and force more people into...

I think that's the whole point . The "forcing" I mean. It is very good(for players and TOR itself) to push the players off road to path they'd not otherwise take. When it comes to what Seasons actually does, that is far more important and relevant than anything that will ever be on those reward vendors.

Imagine how great the yield of such push is for anyone who has discovered GSF or PvP thanks to it, for example. There are now loads of folks who have always "hated" GSF, got ""forced"" to do it due to Seasons and discovered how awesome it is in the process. SWTOR quite literally expands to these folks. For all of these people, experience is like getting a massive personal free expansion out of the blue. That is by far the most significant aspect of Seasons.

Players are often their worst enemies and stick to their comfort zones until bored of the game. Its very common, human and we all do it to a degree. From pov of SWTOR and from pov of entertainment of a player alike, I think being frustrated by content you haven't yet figured out is much preferable to being bored of content you been doing for ages. We play video games to be entertained. Being bored is more of an opposite of entertainment than being frustrated.

Edited by Stradlin

I think that's the whole point . The "forcing" I mean. It is very good(for players and TOR itself) to push the players off road to path they'd not otherwise take. When it comes to what Seasons actually does, that is far more important and relevant than anything that will ever be on those reward vendors.

Imagine how great the yield of such push is for anyone who has discovered GSF or PvP thanks to it, for example. There are now loads of folks who have always "hated" GSF, got ""forced"" to do it due to Seasons and discovered how awesome it is in the process. SWTOR quite literally expands to these folks. For all of these people, experience is like getting a massive personal free expansion out of the blue. That is by far the most significant aspect of Seasons.

Players are often their worst enemies and stick to their comfort zones until bored of the game. Its very common, human and we all do it to a degree. From pov of SWTOR and from pov of entertainment of a player alike, I think being frustrated by content you haven't yet figured out is much preferable to being bored of content you been doing for ages. We play video games to be entertained. Being bored is more of an opposite of entertainment than being frustrated.

Why should people who have "discovered" new fun also be given more points whilst those who did not find the forced play fun, and will continue to avoid it, be denied points? This would be clearly discriminatory policy and something to be condemned. Subscribers pay to play the game how they CHOOSE, CM spenders pay to enjoy what they CHOOSE to pay extra for. The conceit of the game devs to insist that you have to play a combination of the EXISTING content that everyone has tried and each has possibly deemed less fun for their own highly valid reasons is akin to a parent only playing with their child if the child loses every game they play.

Damask_Rose;9967568]? Or is it just to try and force more people into group content to puff up numbers and skew the data into making group content look more popular than it really is?

They can try but I know there is nothing they can do to "force" me into content I hate. I tend to be a bit more stubborn on that matter and if it is something I hate (pvp related) then there is nothing in ..... they can do or reward me that will get me to do stuff I hate. I have to deal with stuff I don't like in real life and that is to be expected but in a game that I pay for nope not doing it.

Why should people who have "discovered" new fun also be given more points whilst those who did not find the forced play fun, and will continue to avoid it, be denied points? This would be clearly discriminatory policy and something to be condemned. Subscribers pay to play the game how they CHOOSE, CM spenders pay to enjoy what they CHOOSE to pay extra for. The conceit of the game devs to insist that you have to play a combination of the EXISTING content that everyone has tried and each has possibly deemed less fun for their own highly valid reasons is akin to a parent only playing with their child if the child loses every game they play.

Firstly, I think it does GS no justice to speak of it as if it were nothng but few reward vendors. I outlined in previous post what I think it did to the game. Luring so many people off their beaten path is much more exciting, relevant, interesting and important than anything one will ever find on those reward vendors. I mean..consider all those people who have discovered GSF and Warzones thanks to GS. SWTOR literally expanded for them thanks to GS. What exactly is your loss when compared to their massive gain? What do you not have now that you used to before GS?

Secondly, rewarding people willing to tackle everything game throws at them with juicier goods than those who..refuse to do stuff is some basic video gaming 101. if you choose not to do sutff GS gives you, choose not to use credit catch up, choose not to do cartel catchup then you get less rewards. Any mechanic that gives anything for everybody for doing what they like is kinda diminished into irrelevancy by default. Where would you even pull the line here. Surely it isn't an inch from where you stand, right? What of PAYING CUSTOMERS who are bit too busy to truly play the game much at all? Surely they, too, deserve the same rewards as you do. Due to not really having time to play, we gotta figure out how to reward them every bit as generously as you get rewarded. So..how do you hand rewards for people then? Just give everything for free for everybody?

Edited by Stradlin

Firstly, I think it does GS no justice to speak of it as if it were nothng but few reward vendors. I outlined in previous post what I think it did to the game. Luring so many people off their beaten path is much more exciting, relevant, interesting and important than anything one will ever find on those reward vendors. I mean..consider all those people who have discovered GSF and Warzones thanks to GS. SWTOR literally expanded for them thanks to GS. What exactly is your loss when compared to their massive gain? What do you not have now that you used to before GS?

Secondly, rewarding people willing to tackle everything game throws at them with juicier goods than those who..refuse to do stuff is some basic video gaming 101. if you choose not to do sutff GS gives you, choose not to use credit catch up, choose not to do cartel catchup then you get less rewards. Any mechanic that gives anything for everybody for doing what they like is kinda diminished into irrelevancy by default. Where would you even pull the line here. Surely it isn't an inch from where you stand, right? What of PAYING CUSTOMERS who are bit too busy to truly play the game much at all? Surely they, too, deserve the same rewards as you do. Due to not really having time to play, we gotta figure out how to reward them every bit as generously as you get rewarded. So..how do you hand rewards for people then? Just give everything for free for everybody?

Your argument is ****-eyed.

GSF and Warzones (which aren't juicier) have been around for years, you cannot fail to know of their existence because they are present in your UI, reminding you of the option to play them. Conquest invokes them as options to score conquest points.

What GS is offering is an additional bribe to play them instead of other content because they are rewarded unequally. Your argument about the "wonderful" experience they are for some players doesn't hold water because if they were such attractive propositions they would both have flourishing communities anyway, not the struggling to pop instance as the counter ticks down to start. The reward for playing these options is the "wonderful" experience and rewards designed into them.

The inducement (GS reward) for playing any content in the game should be the same, anything else is prejudiced against those who do not wish to play that content. You are demeaning and disrespecting their choice to enjoy the game another way.

As one of those who were forced.... all I did was blow my own ship up cause that was the most fun I could possibly have in GSF but everyone threatened to ban me because of it. I was enjoying GSF the only way I could. It was not fun it didn't help me or the people who liked it. PVP was even worse. "I tossed you the ball why did you just stand there?!" I told them I was forced to be here I'm not participating in pvp cause I don't like it. Boy did people hate me for being honest. "Go grab orbs for the pylon I'll guard." What are orbs I asked. "What r u a fkn newb?!" I don't like pvp I'm only here cause I already rerolled an operation and it is making me do 3 pvp matches. "Well we are ****** we are going to lose cause this guy doesn't know how to play!" Then he left the match. I even had a guy say pvp is the only way to learn to play the game. I guess I don't want to learn to play cause I hated it with a passion of 10,000 exploding suns.

Your argument is ****-eyed.

GSF and Warzones (which aren't juicier) have been around for years, you cannot fail to know of their existence because they are present in your UI, reminding you of the option to play them. Conquest invokes them as options to score conquest points.

These very forums have loads of "I always thought I hated GSF, only began doing it cause of GS and dang, it is quite fun" type of posts showcasing how GS works just as itnended for tons of people. I'm pretty sure you've seen loads of them too.

"Somewhere along the way I realized that GSF is really really fun. For weeks I have been logging through my alts flying the weeklies from the pvp terminal. 10 alts. lots of flying. Its like crack."

Posts like this popping up here and there on net is something that has increased a great deal cause of GS. Seasons usually mentioned as the underlining reason behind these players' discovery.

Does it mean GSF is for everyone and all will discover how awesome it is because of Seasons? Of course not, many will continue disliking GSF, or pvp in general, or multiplayer content in general for multitude of reasons. However, think of how much people who -do- disocver these things gain. What have you lost, compared to their huge gain?

These parts of the game being " present in ui" doesn't do much for everybody. Stuff that appears dififcult to learn easily remains frustrating until you DO learn the basics. Then it just might turn awesome for you. Such things absolutely do need carrots to lure people in sometimes.

As a rule of thumb " grrr this is so hard I'm really bad at this wth!!!" < - - It is beneficial if these things give more rewards (or at least equal rewards!! ) than stuff where you can't really fail. Otherwise, tons of people just keep doing 10 year old planetary missions til they get bored of the game.

From Pov of both Bioware and players making these discoveries, it is extremely beneficial when old player discovers some old part of the game they've not bothered to deal with previously. Makes the game fresh for them overnight. TOR doesn't have a huge dev team/budget anymore. It won't get massive drops of various new content at an impressive speed. It DOES have tons and tons of different MMO content made over the years. Majority of people playing will never deal with majority of this content. Of course BW wants to change this.

Edited by Stradlin

Yeah already seeing at LEAST 3 weeklies every week I won't be doing. This needs to be changed to 14 possible if your having us do 7 a week otherwise I doubt I will be doing even 5 a week most weeks. Not a good change.
I feel the same way. Especially in relation to Galactic Starfighter medals. I absolutely despise Starfighter more than anything in the game times 100 and I suck at it. I don't want to be stuck doing like 10 rounds to get the medals I need.

The "find out you enjoy GSF or PvP because you were forced to do it" argument is pointless. First, I'm one of the person who found out that I enjoyed it somewhat... but I still haven't touched either since I finished GS1. Given the choice, I'd rather do a Onderon weekly or something...

Second, even if you sorta enjoy it... The way it's designed in Season 2 is going to make me hate it. Week 1 is fine, week 2... nope. I'm going to be peeved when I end up in a GSF match with no satellite, or when we lose because people only care about getting defense medals and nobody's attacking anything.

Don't even get me started on all those warzones that have goals yet people are too busy fighting random enemies for GS to bother with the goals... It's going to be frustrating as hell.

Really... We need way more options than this. And the Nar Shaddaa one where everyone is going to camp the bosses, what a bad idea...

These very forums have loads of "I always thought I hated GSF, only began doing it cause of GS and dang, it is quite fun" type of posts showcasing how GS works just as itnended for tons of people. I'm pretty sure you've seen loads of them too.

"Somewhere along the way I realized that GSF is really really fun. For weeks I have been logging through my alts flying the weeklies from the pvp terminal. 10 alts. lots of flying. Its like crack."

Posts like this popping up here and there on net is something that has increased a great deal cause of GS. Seasons usually mentioned as the underlining reason behind these players' discovery.

Does it mean GSF is for everyone and all will discover how awesome it is because of Seasons? Of course not, many will continue disliking GSF, or pvp in general, or multiplayer content in general for multitude of reasons. However, think of how much people who -do- disocver these things gain. What have you lost, compared to their huge gain?

These parts of the game being " present in ui" doesn't do much for everybody. Stuff that appears dififcult to learn easily remains frustrating until you DO learn the basics. Then it just might turn awesome for you. Such things absolutely do need carrots to lure people in sometimes.

As a rule of thumb " grrr this is so hard I'm really bad at this wth!!!" < - - It is beneficial if these things give more rewards (or at least equal rewards!! ) than stuff where you can't really fail. Otherwise, tons of people just keep doing 10 year old planetary missions til they get bored of the game.

From Pov of both Bioware and players making these discoveries, it is extremely beneficial when old player discovers some old part of the game they've not bothered to deal with previously. Makes the game fresh for them overnight. TOR doesn't have a huge dev team/budget anymore. It won't get massive drops of various new content at an impressive speed. It DOES have tons and tons of different MMO content made over the years. Majority of people playing will never deal with majority of this content. Of course BW wants to change this.

Just because there are different post popping saying the positive doesn't mean an equal amount of people aren't just leaving or not making a new post saying how much they hate it. I didn't bother making a new post about how much I hate it, cause I don't want to start a flame war. The fact of the matter is there is a difference between leading people to this and making it mandatory for certain rewards. Mandatory aka forced is never the right way to go. I have been doing the same heroics for the past 10 years, do I get bored yeah, but you know what's worse the boredom? Disdain. Disdain has made me unsub more than boredom ever will. When I got to the end of my story line and the only content was ops and pvp, I unsubbed, end of the the dread master story line only to find I had to get into an ops group, I un subbed, macrobinoculars and dread seed required grouping, I unsubbed, iokath if you want to kill the gods it is an ops... unsubbed. Finding a way to fix boredom is easier than trying to change why someone hates certain aspects of the game or even forcing them to do it is not a healthy way to keep this game alive. I come back for the solo content and the story. But the moment I have to play with others... well I'll unsub

Hi all!

[*]Utilizing the Shadow - Defeat enemies across the Galaxy with Fen Zeil as your active Companion.

Please give us the option to turn off his voice without turning other dialog off. :)

[*]This Will Do Nicely - Affect enemies with destructible pipes, tanks, canisters, and capacitors found throughout the Galaxy.

As someone who loves blowing up barrels just about anywhere, I approve. However, the respawn timers will have to be as fast as the enemy respawn timer, or you will have a whole lot of frustrated players camping a canister spawn spot.

[*]Clashing in the Stars - Complete Galactic Starfighter matches while earning medals.

This will be ENORMOUSLY frustrating unless you change the medal system somehow to give at least 1 medal to an active participant. I suck at GSF, but I participate in it for Seasons and conquest anyway. There are many matches (the dogfight ones without satellites to protect) where I earn ZERO medals, despite being a very active participant and having upgraded my ships as much as I can. I can't tell you how many times I've gotten assists and kills in a match and yet earned no medals whatsoever. The only match where I and other newbies can reliably earn a medal is the one where I can defend a satellite. That type of match pops for me about once every 3 or 4 times. The rest are just dogfights.

There are a couple of things that will happen with this scenario. a. People will join a match, see that it's not a match where they can defend a satellite, and immediately exit and just wait for the cooldown timer to expire or b. stop participating in GSF.

I get wanting to prevent AFK players from getting Season progression doing (or in this case, not doing) this activity, but you'll be disincentivizing new and casual players and people like me who suck at GSF from playing GSF. There is a steep curve to learn to play it well and have decently upgraded ships, and it heavily favors long-time players over new/casual players. That imbalance is far more significant in GSF than in any other mode of play, including unranked Warzones. There's no point in doing GSF if I have to do 15 matches to finally get a match where I can earn a single medal. I can spend my limited time better elsewhere, which is too bad because after months of doing this, I'm finally learning to fly and shoot well enough to actually hit something semi-reliably and get at least a few assists and kills every match. Not enough, apparently, to get any medals in a lot of those matches, but I was satisfied enough with getting Seasons credit while I learned how to do GSF.

[*]Heading the Frontline - Complete Unranked Warzone matches while earning medals.

This PvP activity is far easier to earn 1 medal in, at least. If you sneeze on someone and don't hide in a corner, you can earn a medal.

[*]Still Got It - Defeat non-player enemies across the Galaxy without the aid of your Companions. (No Companion may be summoned for progression. This does not progress through Warzones, Galactic Starfighter, Flashpoints, or Operations)

You'll see a whole lot of solo level 75s killing stuff on starter planets. If you're encouraging activity on starter planets, that's a good thing, although it might make it harder for new toons to complete non-instanced quests.

[*]Liabilities of Nar Shaddaa - Track down and defeat the following high profile targets on Nar Shaddaa: Kaeden Ta'kor (Republic), Kallik Kan (Republic), Kaemon Zahor (Empire), and Varus Logan (Empire).
This will work ok if the boss respawn timer is low enough. If bosses don't respawn, say, every 5-ish minutes or so, that'll be a problem.

[*]Cartel Warbots - Defeat the Rogue Cartel Warbot World Boss on Quesh and Battledroid R4-GL World Boss on Nar Shaddaa.

Boss respawn timers will have to be a lot faster than 2 hours with this objective, too. Changing the world boss respawn timers on some of the planets did help a lot with getting those conquest objectives. If you make that same change with any world boss who's on the Weekly Seasons list, that will work.

[*]Stay On Target - Earn Offense and Defense Medals by Capturing and Defending Satellites in Galactic Starfighter.
If you require both an offense AND a defense medal, that will be a problem for new and casual players. Capturing a satellite exclusively favors long-time players who have the best ship upgrades to get to the satellites more quickly. You'll also see a lot of people exiting matches that don't have satellite capture objectives.

All in all, I've enjoyed Seasons and got to rank 100 a few weeks ago, and you even managed to get a die-hard PvE player to try out GSF for the first time in 10 years of playing the game. Some of my guildmates as well have also tried out this game mode for the first time. If you want to keep up that activity in GSF, you'll need to keep making it worth the time for casual players to do so, however. I'd recommend making it substantially easier for players to get a medal with even one assist or kill. Keep it harder after that to incentivize the better players with top-geared ships, certainly. If you want to require a medal to get any Season progression in GSF, however, you're going to have to change how the medals are awarded so that casual players who are active in the pure dogfight matches at least have a decent chance of earning even one medal. Otherwise, I predict casual player GSF participation will bottom out.

All in all, I've enjoyed Seasons and got to rank 100 a few weeks ago, and you even managed to get a die-hard PvE player to try out GSF for the first time in 10 years of playing the game. Some of my guildmates as well have also tried out this game mode for the first time. If you want to keep up that activity in GSF, you'll need to keep making it worth the time for casual players to do so, however. I'd recommend making it substantially easier for players to get a medal with even one assist or kill. Keep it harder after that to incentivize the better players with top-geared ships, certainly. If you want to require a medal to get any Season progression in GSF, however, you're going to have to change how the medals are awarded so that casual players who are active in the pure dogfight matches at least have a decent chance of earning even one medal. Otherwise, I predict casual player GSF participation will bottom out.

Is a very valid pov. I hope they can come up with new pilot/casual player friendly objectives that aren't also AFK friednly. Can you think of any? Picking up powerups, any powerups, on DM would be perfect. How many metals you average per match? Its a thing I've never rly kept track of for myself.

Its tricky in pvp and GSF. So many objectives that sound interesting/fun can easily be turned into exploits. Defending satelites is great on surface level. It rewards a celever, winning playstyle basically. Sadly it also rewards afking.

Destroying turrets could be a good replacement for it imo. That'd be quite new pilot friendly, rewards pro active busy body playstyle, impossible to afk. Of course, then the turrets would become very contested.

Edited by Stradlin

Is a very valid pov. I hope they can come up with new pilot/casual player friendly objectives that aren't also AFK friednly. Can you think of any? Picking up powerups, any powerups, on DM would be perfect. How many metals you average per match? Its a thing I've never rly kept track of for myself.

Its tricky in pvp and GSF. So many objectives that sound interesting/fun can easily be turned into exploits. Defending satelites is great on surface level. It rewards a celever, winning playstyle basically. Sadly it also rewards afking.

Destroying turrets could be a good replacement for it imo. That'd be quite new pilot friendly, rewards pro active busy body playstyle, impossible to afk. Of course, then the turrets would become very contested.

In Warzones, because I play Infiltration Shadow/Deception assassin extremely well, in unranked I can get 8+ medals no problem. Plus, there are lowbies, midbies, and level 75 brackets.

How many medals do I get in GSF? In turret matches, maybe 4--mainly from defending a turret. I've upgraded my scout ship enough to get to a turret quickly--but there was no way to do that in a starter ship. In dogfight matches, I'm lucky if I get 1, because, well, I suck at it. But I enjoy it enough that I'm secure in my suckiness. I can reliably get some assists and even a kill or two or three, but getting a medal? Ha. I've had matches where I had several assists and kills and never got a medal. No clue why that is.

GSF has a pretty steep learning curve if you've never done ship fighting before. I had no idea really how to control my ship (ran into rocks a LOT at first) much less what the skills actually did, and it took me some time to settle on which skills I really liked (barrel roll vs koinigran turn, or missiles vs other weapons, etc.) You also have to win medals to gear up your ships more quickly, so for newbies, that's a slog.

Just spitballing here on ideas to make it more newbie friendly:

I'd add in some objectives newbies could easily do--get powerups could be one--maybe change powerups to benefit the entire team rather than just one player, and have a bunch around so that, say, 5 powerups are needed for a buff instead of just one. Newbie players would be able to learn how to fly ships around a little better that way. Get some powerups? Get a medal.

Blow up turrets, sure. Get some hits in on a turret or one of the missiles protecting it, get a medal.

If you get killed a lot while doing some pew-pewing, get a medal. At least you're flying around in a zone where enemies can hit you and trying to shoot them back rather than just afking around the perimeter.

Maybe scatter smaller missile batteries around that need to be blown up. Now, that could be a low-reward target while blowing up opponents would still give much better rewards. But attacking non-moving targets would give newbies a better chance to get used to the controls over the course of several matches, and it's a lot easier to hit a non-moving target. Help blow up a turret or missile battery? Get a medal.

Definitely give more medals for the first couple of kills/assists--maybe 2 assists or 1 kill gives the first medal. Any medals after that need more assists/kills.

It might be fun to attack a capital ship. Since it's easier to hit a big target, that will make it more newbie friendly, and it might require the whole team to bring the large ship down. Get a few hits on the capital ship? Get a medal.

Probably the easiest solution is to just award 1 medal for a single kill or assist. You have to participate enough to actually get that kill or assist. Anything after that can be made a lot harder to reward the better players.

Not sure if this has been answered or not so forgive me for asking:

Once you complete the galactic season, do any of the dailies/weeklies completed afterwards have their xp go towards season 2?

If not then what incentive do we have to continue the daily & weekly tasks if there is no rewards after completing the season?

Not sure if this has been answered or not so forgive me for asking:

Once you complete the galactic season, do any of the dailies/weeklies completed afterwards have their xp go towards season 2?

If not then what incentive do we have to continue the daily & weekly tasks if there is no rewards after completing the season?

The only thing that will continue to the next season is the tokens. I have 7 tokens and need 1 more for the other stronghold and I will get that once I get the one token I need after Season 2 starts

The only thing that will continue to the next season is the tokens. I have 7 tokens and need 1 more for the other stronghold and I will get that once I get the one token I need after Season 2 starts

Is the hard cap for season 2 still going to be 15, or will the total be increased to 30?

(I haven't spent any yet from Season 1 - not really anything that I'm interested in at the moment)

Is the hard cap for season 2 still going to be 15, or will the total be increased to 30?

(I haven't spent any yet from Season 1 - not really anything that I'm interested in at the moment)

From my understanding it will still be 15 but that is just my understanding so take that with a grain of salt as with BW things can change without notice.

You're talking to people who think being 'forced' to play part of the game they're unfamiliar with is literal discrimination. I don't think reasoned arguments and testimonials is going to remedy their viewpoint.

I like GSF and was one of those that didn't originally, but I like trying new stuff so I'm a good candidate. The players on this forum, however, are intensely conservative and hate change of any kind, as well as BW rewarding some paths but not others, especially if it's multiplayer. If the weekly was "complete a conquest" or "troll DK chat", they'd be all over that, anything else is literal oppression.

It doesn't look like the season 2 objectives are specifically on PTS right now.

As I'm logged into it, I do see a new format...listing 4 weekly PO and 1 Daily PO

Using the examples listed:

(Week 1 Example)

Complete any 7:

March Across the Galaxy - Earn Personal Conquest Points across your Legacy.

(this will be easy for anyone)

Utilizing the Shadow - Defeat enemies across the Galaxy with Fen Zeil as your active Companion.

(not preferred, but...whatever)

This Will Do Nicely - Affect enemies with destructible pipes, tanks, canisters, and capacitors found throughout the Galaxy.

(I'm trying to think about this, not really sure where you would find a large quantity of pipes / barrels to do this. Maybe one of the pub side heroics on Taris, which is already crowded enough. Certainly the manaan flashpoint - would those even count? the kills from them generally don't count toward the kill count objectives which are planetary specific)

The Coreward Worlds - Complete Repeatable, Exploration, or Bonus Missions while defeating enemies on Alderaan, Balmorra, Corellia, Manaan, Mek-Sha, and Onderon.

(Imp side Balmorra has a heroic inside a phase which gives a bonus and has lots of mobs to kill...so this could be easy)

Ace of the Armada - Board your personal ship and complete Space Missions. Earn bonus progress for completing [HEROIC] missions. (this is a no brainer...3 minutes for the intro mission and you're done...if you can do the heroic level versions...even better)

Supplying the War Effort - Assemble materials into any of the following War Supplies: Infantry Supply Kits, Starship Weapons, Armored Vehicles, Crystal Capacitors, or a Holocron of Strategy, then assemble an Invasion Force.

(Glad to see something for crafting in here! I won't be doing it unless it's a LOT of points...the resource requirements for the mats aren't worth it for the conquest points...I hope this will be different)

A Galaxy at War - Complete Flashpoints. Earn bonus progress for completing Depths of Manaan, Assault on Tython, Korriban Incursion, or Secrets of the Enclave (requires content). Earn additional bonus progress for defeating their Bonus Bosses.

(Good choices)

Clashing in the Stars - Complete Galactic Starfighter matches while earning medals.

(still not going to compel me to play GSF)

Heading the Frontline - Complete Unranked Warzone matches while earning medals.

(I'm iffy about this. Defending medals are pretty easy to come by and my pessimistic nature sees people gathering around getting THOSE medals not caring about the match)

Profit and Plunder - Complete Chapter XIII: Profit and Plunder of Knights of the Fallen Empire on Veteran difficulty or harder. (Requires a Subscription or access to Knights of the Fallen Empire)

(not a horrible choice for a chapter. certainly more involved than chapter 2)

Edited by Darev