Conquest, Crafting, and Balance

DWho

What on earth are you sending me right now, i know better than you how this grace period works, me and other ppl who have an issue are GMs themselves.

Was it not clear? That was a quote of the dev post informing us of the changes. And it is still clear that you do not understand them. Also, you think that you are the only person in this thread who is a GL? I am GL to three guilds: two on SF and one on SS.

Yes, ithis guild kicks players before reset and sends ninja invites to 1000 players a minute. Dont believ me, make a new toon on a beginner player on Darth Malgus and get 3 times the same guild invite in under a minute.

they kick members also who dont do a certain amound of conquest in 1 day.

Since you understand so well what the guild changes do, then you clearly know that when they kick those people they lose the Conquest points those people have accumulated, which sorta defeats the purpose of inviting low level characters in the first place.

Also, I have low level characters on Darth Malgus because I have been doing GS on all five servers. My DM characters are not guilded and I have only receive a couple random guild invites since the start of the season. Anecdotal, unsubstantiated claims are anecdotal and unsubstantiated.

I want Your answer since you pour in quotes from th devs, why do You think the made the changes in the first place in the last big patch?

What were the dev's motivations? Well, none of us know for certain their intent, but being that it disincentivizes guilds from kicking people within a day or two of inviting them after taking advantage of their low level Conquest gains, and it removes their Conquest points if kicked, then I think that in part it was to disincentivize guilds from doing mass invites and kicks and would help to ensure that those people who were invited still receive their weekly rewards for their contribution.

the ninja invite issue has NOT been solved, the guild has only adapted its bot to the new grace period and he problem still persists. And the craftbotting should also Never be brought back, daily rewards should be enough. And its interesting that none of You on the other side of the argument arent fighting for infinity missions that involve activity instead of crafting. Thats lazy and weak

There you go with that claim again. But you still have not answered the question: when are they doing the kicks? The guild invites any day between Tuesday after reset and Tuesday before reset and that character can not earn Conquest points for the guild. So they invite and then wait until the reset so that they can benefit from that low level character's rapid Conquest point gains. Okay, so when do they do the kick? If they kick that character before the Tuesday reset then they lose that character's Conquest points. Are you trying to say that they kick during the one hour review period? If that is what you have been trying to say then you have been really bad at saying it because you could have just come out and said that, but you have not.

Okay, so it is certainly possible that they are kicking during the review period, but I have yet to see a bug report that Conquest points are not removed if a character is kicked during the review period. You claimed that these guilds are kicking 1800 characters. Guild member size is limited to 1000 characters, so for them to kick that many they would have to invite and kick within the same week, which would be pointless as either the character is under probation and not earning Conquest points, or they have earned Conquest points and by kicking them the guild just lost those points. So, which is it? You keep making these claims that they are mass inviting with a bot, which is an entirely other issue, and then kicking, but when are they doing it because the timing absolutely does matter.

With regard to bots. Once again you have taken the position that the activity the bot is going is the problem rather than recognizing that the bot itself is the problem. The bot is the TOS violation, not the activity that the bot is doing. You do not remove the activity the bot is doing to stop the bot from doing it. That is the throw the baby out with the bath water approach.

You know what, forget about it. I do not care about your answer because the response will just be more unsubstantiated claims and accusations that we just do not understand. If you have evidence of botting, report it. If Conquest points are not removed if a character is kicked during the review period, report it. Because the rest is just anecdotal and unsubstantiated claims.

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

no its an all game issue? Are you now accepting it as an issue with crafting and ninja invites or not? please make sense

you're the one claiming it's just crafting and ninja invites, and as I've said multiple times, if it is, (IF being the important word, as I've not seen proof, just unsubstantiated, ridiculous claims of 1000 a min, and 1800 kicks/invites in a day....never knew DM was so busy, wonder where all these 1800+ people are hiding every time I go on DM)

If bots do exist, they do so in all parts of the game.

EDIT: Just to add, I've just spent over an hour on Korriban (DM), not only did I not get any random invites (surprise, surprise), I also didn't see 1800 people, unguilded people, that could have been invited/kicked. in fact, there's only 1 instance, with 18 people. Not only that, I've spent a few hours on DM, and haven't been hit yet, on any of the days I was there.....

Edited by DarkTergon

you're the one claiming it's just crafting and ninja invites, and as I've said multiple times, if it is, (IF being the important word, as I've not seen proof, just unsubstantiated, ridiculous claims of 1000 a min, and 1800 kicks/invites in a day....never knew DM was so busy, wonder where all these 1800+ people are hiding every time I go on DM)

If bots do exist, they do so in all parts of the game.

EDIT: Just to add, I've just spent over an hour on Korriban (DM), not only did I not get any random invites (surprise, surprise), I also didn't see 1800 people, unguilded people, that could have been invited/kicked. in fact, there's only 1 instance, with 18 people. Not only that, I've spent a few hours on DM, and haven't been hit yet, on any of the days I was there.....

What else would you use bots for beside ninja invites and crafting, please explain? maybe rotation bots is the only thing beside the rest.

go on sunday/monday and you will get 10 invites even if you decline, dunno how long you sayed there, its a bot that goes from planet to planet and goes throught eh whole who tab multiple times

i will repeat myself again, since you dont read what i write, the changes from 6.1 iirc are because of ninja invites and craft botting, evidence was partially provided by me as well.

What else would you use bots for beside ninja invites and crafting, please explain? maybe rotation bots is the only thing beside the rest.

go on sunday/monday and you will get 10 invites even if you decline, dunno how long you sayed there, its a bot that goes from planet to planet and goes throught eh whole who tab multiple times

i will repeat myself again, since you dont read what i write, the changes from 6.1 iirc are because of ninja invites and craft botting, evidence was partially provided by me as well.

1, bots can be used for many things, pvp, gsf, heroics, sitting in a glade killing stuff, anything...and yes, they have been, just because you don't know, understand or even imagine it, doesn't make it not real.

Was there sunday AND monday, no invites, no 1800 people on, to be booted, or invited.....

The changes were to stop the ninja invites, like you said, , but you aren't reading what we are saying, it has stopped them, they can not do it now, it's not our fault that you can't understand that.

IF they invite them on the sunday/monday, nothing they do will impact CQ till reset, and if they kick people on sunday/monday, all they do is kick people that have already gave them points.

Not to mention, I used my alt account, on the laptop, specifically to sit, on the starter planets, for HOURS, on all four, but not ONCE did I get any random invite. No idea what proof you have, but you need to look at it carefully.

On the old, old CQ system, crafting became "an issue" and the fix was to remove it as a standard objective each week. Instead, there were a couple crafting themed CQs in the CQ rotation. The least they could have done here was leave one crafting heavy CQ theme, rather than nerf it all the time. I don't even mess with the crafting or gathering parts of the game currently.

On the old, old CQ system, crafting became "an issue" and the fix was to remove it as a standard objective each week. Instead, there were a couple crafting themed CQs in the CQ rotation. The least they could have done here was leave one crafting heavy CQ theme, rather than nerf it all the time. I don't even mess with the crafting or gathering parts of the game currently.

This is probably the least controversial of the suggestions I originally posted. It gives every type of player a week where their favorite playstyle is the focus. Crafting is only viable for 1 week and all other weeks something else is the go to content. It would encourage playing different types of content since the focus of the week would be the best way to acquire conquest points, much like the focus on PVP (GSF and WZs) currently built into Galactic Seasons, which was supposedly implemented to "encourage" playing those types of content since they were less popular.