Weekly PO has attracted troll players and it needs to stop.

IdonRyle

Not sure how else to put it other than that.

Every time I get into GSF these days, there's several players who either keep self destructing or do nothing. I have a few ideas on how to solve this one actually, besides reporting them for harassment and all that.

One is that if they keep self destructing/do not contribute: They get an automatic kick and no points to either GSF daily's/weekly's and PO's. I know it sounds like a bit of work but it can be done.

The other is just better kicking power. if anyone else has suggestions/further ideas, please reply away.

Every time I get into GSF these days, there's several players who either keep self destructing or do nothing. I have a few ideas on how to solve this one actually, besides reporting them for harassment and all that.

One is that if they keep self destructing/do not contribute: They get an automatic kick and no points to either GSF daily's/weekly's and PO's. I know it sounds like a bit of work but it can be done.

The other is just better kicking power. if anyone else has suggestions/further ideas, please reply away.

Welcome to the life of PvP. With Galactic Season introduced not much you can do about it. PvP has had this for a while now and we have had to live with it. It is now your turn.

Maybe let people opt-out of PvP for PO's. Or charge credits for additional re-rolls.

I don't think it's really trolls so much as people who are stuck with it for their PO and just want the season points.

And people wonder why I'm in favor of only wins counting towards dailies. People are suiciding to complete the PO as fast as possible. Change it to require a win and they will either not queue or be forced to try and win.

And people wonder why I'm in favor of only wins counting towards dailies. People are suiciding to complete the PO as fast as possible. Change it to require a win and they will either not queue or be forced to try and win.

But see that goes completely against their play as you want that they rolled out. The win to complete is a joke. Plain and simple. Force people to play a mode that they don't want to is complete and utterly stupid. Now if they gave unlimited rerolls on the Galactic Seasons weeklies and dailies then sure. You can have your cake and eat it too.

But see that goes completely against their play as you want that they rolled out. The win to complete is a joke. Plain and simple. Force people to play a mode that they don't want to is complete and utterly stupid. Now if they gave unlimited rerolls on the Galactic Seasons weeklies and dailies then sure. You can have your cake and eat it too.

You're not forced to do anything. The galactic stuff is completely optional.

You're not forced to do anything. The galactic stuff is completely optional.

Well I want to do the galactic season because 9+ years of playing I have nothing else to do. Like I said if they gave us the option to reroll those till we get what we wanted this wouldn't be a problem. But since we don't get unlimited rolls I am forced to do what comes up. If that means 4 matches of GSF and I just self destruct into objects till its done so be it. The Dev team is forcing players to do these things since we don't have unlimited rerolls. Don't get mad at the players when this falls on the Dev team for poorly executed system. I would gladly stay away from GSF weeklies and dailies if I had unlimited rerolls with the PO objectives, but I don't. I am forced to play the game the Dev team wants, not how I want to play. They force people to play aspects of the game that are horrible. This is the DvL event all over again at the 5 year anniversary.

Firstly, this is the pvp section, not the GSF section.

Second, have you considered that the people aren’t trolls (Bioware are the trolls), and they just don’t know what they are doing? It’s also not their fault because Bioware are forcing them to play this content to fluff the GSF queue numbers for the bosses. So you really can’t penalise the people for doing what Bioware want.

Personally I dislike GSF. But I’m still doing the PO’s when they come up. I try every time, but I’m completely useless at it because my idea of a space sims is using a joystick and not a mouse (which is way too sensitive) and why I accidentally fly into rocks constantly.

If you want to petition Bioware to change something. Ask them to give us unlimited rerolls on the PO’s till we find one we like or are good at.

Edited by TrixxieTriss

gsf has its own forum.

Regardless, this is a problem that affects PvP just as much as GSF. The number of people who reroll the PvP objective and just wind up with the same thing again is astounding. There hasn’t been a more obvious attempt to fluff the queue numbers since we were forced to play ranked for 258 Ossus gear some years ago.

I was in two different war zones the other day where someone outright said they were only there for the Galactic Seasons objective. One person tried his best, though he was pretty much steamrolled (I appreciate that he at least tried). The other person sat down at a node, and when I told him to go take another one, straight up told me no and went afk.

And people wonder why our community is shrinking.

Regardless, this is a problem that affects PvP just as much as GSF. The number of people who reroll the PvP objective and just wind up with the same thing again is astounding. There hasn’t been a more obvious attempt to fluff the queue numbers since we were forced to play ranked for 258 Ossus gear some years ago.

I was in two different war zones the other day where someone outright said they were only there for the Galactic Seasons objective. One person tried his best, though he was pretty much steamrolled (I appreciate that he at least tried). The other person sat down at a node, and when I told him to go take another one, straight up told me no and went afk.

And people wonder why our community is shrinking.

And those sorts of afk players is why we now have a win requirement for reg daily/weekly missions. If this sort of afk behaviour continues or people purposely fly into rocks in GSF, you can guarantee BioWare will change Galactic Seasons requirements to wins. Which will in turn kill pvp numbers again.

BioWare should stop forcing players into pvp or other content they don’t like. If there are population issues with certain content, they should look at the reasons why and actually fix those instead of jamming people into it that hate it. That’s not a good experience for them or those they are with. Both types of players have their fun ruined.

BioWare need to stop applying bandaids on top of bandaids to stop haemorrhaging game wounds and actually operate to fix, close or repair the wounds instead. Bandaids aren’t the solution, they are lazy or cheap development.

Edited by TrixxieTriss

Legit had a hypergate match with 6 players not able to break 1k dps, 1 was afk. not to mention everyone was 306 except 1 guy, also a sniper that did not go into cover the entire match...he was 306 too btw. quality of pvp has defs gone down like 3x worse Edited by tharlainmar

Legit had a hypergate match with 6 players not able to break 1k dps, 1 was afk. not to mention everyone was 306 except 1 guy, also a sniper that did not go into cover the entire match...he was 306 too btw. quality of pvp has defs gone down like 3x worse

How many of them had their set bonuses and BiS gear? Getting to 306 isn't the hard part of gearing right now.

How many of them had their set bonuses and BiS gear? Getting to 306 isn't the hard part of gearing right now.

Also you have some people in 306 with 115% accuracy on sages or defence and shield on non tanks. You are right, the gear lvl isn’t a sign of competence or correct gearing.

The right tacticals and set bonuses make the biggest impact along with correct stats. They don’t have to be completely 100% BIS stats, but at least the right type and some effort towards BIS.

imagine getting to 75 and 306 gear without knowing you can go into cover as a sniper, set bonus and bis gear wont help 6 players break 800k dmg over an entire hypergate match

imagine getting to 75 and 306 gear without knowing you can go into cover as a sniper, set bonus and bis gear wont help 6 players break 800k dmg over an entire hypergate match

How about when you have Assassins and Shadows that don’t know to go into stealth in pvp. It makes me wonder if they ever use it in any other part of the game.