Well, I did it and I don't know what the heck I was thinking

Nickodemous

Does it negatively impact the rest of the players? Then yes they absolutely should be told how to play. FFXIV GM's will actually throw your character into a jail as a form of an account suspension if you're being a negative impact. Solo's and Warzones would be so much of a better place if swtor had GM's that did that.

It does negatively impact Objective players I can confirm but all players should be have the free will to play in any form of PvP since they're no rules and I would go on say that because they're free, there isn't a reason to confront other players about their game play.

I'm glad you brought up another game because then I can high-light on that and say that I'm glad that this game has more freedom into playing how you want and would only encourage Bioware team to implement more on this idea and give the players separate options for queing Solo Ranked and Regular warzones for their purposes fitted.

I disagree with the idea of punishing those who want to play PvP a certain way as that is making less freedom within a players reach for game play and options to those who want to play their way when there can be fixes be done to resolve for all people.

The bioware team is the only people that should be confronted as they're the ones who can make this change and make this happen within reason and respect of course.

• Replies 117
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

which is roughly half the population of warzones. so, you're partially right. there would probably be one instance or so running during prime time and it would be dead the rest of the time. oh well, it doesn't really matter. even bioware isn't dumb enough to do something like that because they know exactly what the result would be. no point arguing about something that wont happen.

I hate to break it to you, but players like you are a percent of a percent. Its cute that you think you make up half the population of pvp though.

It does negatively impact Objective players I can confirm but all players should be have the free will to play in any form of PvP since they're no rules and I would go on say that because they're free, there isn't a reason to confront other players about their game play.

I'm glad you brought up another game because then I can high-light on that and say that I'm glad that this game has more freedom into playing how you want and would only encourage Bioware team to implement more on this idea and give the players separate options for queing Solo Ranked and Regular warzones for their purposes fitted.

I disagree with the idea of punishing those who want to play PvP a certain way as that is making less freedom within a players reach for game play and options to those who want to play their way when there can be fixes be done to resolve for all people.

The bioware team is the only people that should be confronted as they're the ones who can make this change and make this happen within reason and respect of course.

BioWare actually has similar rules as FFXIV when it comes to toxic players. We just have no idea how often they enforce it because their enforcement is more of actual account suspensions where as in XIV you see people complaining all the time because their account is still active, but their character is moved to the jail in game where they can still talk to their guild etc....

i would say that i am sorry to break it to you, but you're already fully aware that you're drastically down playing how many people pvp in warzones. it's cute that you think that it's not blatantly obvious how full of **** you are though.

The large majority of people in warzone are casual as all get out. People like you who troll and number farm are far from the majority or even half.

The large majority of people in warzone are casual as all get out. People like you who troll and number farm are far from the majority or even half.

the large majority of people who play swtor in general are as casual as can get. swtor is one of if not the most casual friendly mmo. there isn't a clear correlation between that and objers vs pvpers in warzones.

good point. i think it has alot to do with the IP's and the people who develop games too. although FF XIV was probably the worst possible example imaginable since it doesn' have PvP; the way it was developed and the way it is moderated is perfectly understandable since it's a japanese IP. what people seem to forget is that star wars is american IP. then you get people from all over the world (even on the US servers), or even people living in the US who do not have a single american value, wailing in game and on the forums like the facists that they are that the game should operate exactly the way they say it should. because anyone having free will at all is a detriment to all the snowflakes. talk about brainwashed.

That's also a good point too. I now understand why there is a argument to be had between other players as from different countries it's what they live and breath. One can agree that American value definitely is founded upon in this game and should keep the idea of freedom and not take away it's value as being free to play within your choice is the best way to play any video game.

i would say that i am sorry to break it to you, but you're already fully aware that you're drastically down playing how many people pvp in warzones. it's cute that you think that it's not blatantly obvious how full of **** you are though.

Death matchers/non objective players are a small percentage of the pop. Accounts of their existence have been highly exaggerated.

That is my experience on SS. These groups have such a small impact, it's not worth mentioning.

BioWare actually has similar rules as FFXIV when it comes to toxic players. We just have no idea how often they enforce it because their enforcement is more of actual account suspensions where as in XIV you see people complaining all the time because their account is still active, but their character is moved to the jail in game where they can still talk to their guild etc....

If no rules are broken in SWTOR in PvP Regular warzone's I just don't see the purpose of bothering other players about it when there is a much better approach to it by creating a healthy and constructive dialogue to the Bioware team with given the options I mentioned before - As they call the shots for any changes and not nobody else as the people who play this game are subscribers in this game and are completely playing a video game for what it is and have absolutely no control over the decisions people choose to make in-game. Now with all of that being said... All we can do is give them idea's and hope they read and listen and take great consideration into making some possible changes...

http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=653266&highlight=Chaotic+Pixels

http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=681241&highlight=Chaotic+Pixels

These were both from 2013. When the pvp community on my old server was epic. It was a community, a fun one. One where guilds went after one another but were still respected. Even in the forums people talked crap....in a fun way, until the devs normally stepped in. That is what I was wanting to start again. That it....:)

It some fragmented pile of doo doo now. I still have the guild, been working on it. I am not ready for invites yet....the guild ship still empty....lol.

Stampede

LD 50

Pixels

etc....

all great pvp guilds. Cant think of one now.

Edited by Nickodemous

I can end this topic. Good players can top obj and dps, everything between it is irrelevant and not so good players. So go out there and enjoy of the PvP:rak_03:

"good players can TOP obj and dps". the thing is there is no such thing, the only time an objer does high dps is when there aren't any real pvpers in the wz. even then they still tend to do the same amount of damage they always do, and no, 4-8k dps is not high dps. so, players actually doing high dps whilst doing the objs is not even a circumstance that happens in reality. in reality, players are either doing objs and basically no dps, or they are doing high dps and basically no objs. #FictionalNarrativeExposed

Death matchers/non objective players are a small percentage of the pop. Accounts of their existence have been highly exaggerated.

That is my experience on SS. These groups have such a small impact, it's not worth mentioning.

so your singular experience on the dead server is the totality of reality? lmfao, this is the best comment in this thread, you should get an award. go make me a burger bob.

Edited by zerkington

http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=653266&highlight=Chaotic+Pixels

http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=681241&highlight=Chaotic+Pixels

These were both from 2013. When the pvp community on my old server was epic. It was a community, a fun one. One where guilds went after one another but were still respected. Even in the forums people talked crap....in a fun way, until the devs normally stepped in. That is what I was wanting to start again. That it....:)

It some fragmented pile of doo doo now. I still have the guild, been working on it. I am not ready for invites yet....the guild ship still empty....lol.

Stampede

LD 50

Pixels

etc....

all great pvp guilds. Cant think of one now.

I was in Stampede. I miss those guys. The matches we had with LD50 were always fun. The drama with the bubble stun agreement was the best lmao.

I was in Stampede. I miss those guys. The matches we had with LD50 were always fun. The drama with the bubble stun agreement was the best lmao.

Great times! I was in Chaotic Pixels with Roxxey! I miss her! Stampede and the rest of our pvp world were very good! This mess we have going on is no good!

Great times! I was in Chaotic Pixels with Roxxey! I miss her! Stampede and the rest of our pvp world were very good! This mess we have going on is no good!

Ya those days were great. Stampede kinda fell apart after around season 2 of arenas. Most everyone felt cheated by BW's removal of 8's and either went back to JC after moving to POT5 or just straight up quit the game. By season 3 we went from having two full guilds to no one logging in anymore.

I've already explained several posts back why people don't do ranked. I don't even see why you continue to bring up this point. It's clear you've never once touched ranked in your life so stop talking about something you have no experience with.

I’ve played ranked many times. But since I play from Australia and they moved the servers further east, the lag is too much for me to be competitive and not let my team down.

As an example, if I am playing against another warrior class and I am spamming my leap, the other warrior will always get their leap in.

If I need to interrupt a player, it’s usually too late by the time I see it.

If I need to use a reactionary DCD it’s also too late.

I have to basically “guess” what’s going to happen before it does.

And let’s not forget the instant map deaths I get in arena from lag bugs and Desync.

It’s not fair on my teammates for me to play ranked under those conditions because it doesn’t just affect my ELO, it affect theirs to if we lose due to my lag.

Edited by TrixxieTriss

I’ve played ranked many times. But since I play from Australia and they moved the servers further east, the lag is too much for my to be competitive and not let me team down.

As an example, if I am playing against another warrior class and I am spamming my leap, the other warrior will always get their leap in.

If I need to interrupt a player, it’s usually too late by the time I see it.

If I need to use a reactionary DCD it’s also too late.

I have to basically “guess” what’s going to happen before it does.

And let’s not forget the instant map deaths I get in arena from lag bugs and Desync.

It’s not fair on my teammates for me to play ranked under those conditions because it doesn’t just affect my ELO, it affect theirs to if we lose due to my lag.

Yes, it unfair, but no, it does not mean that u don't kick that @ss! I have played in matches with you on one or two occasions, you can bring the pain! Ranked is a joke right now, it a set up. You are not missing a thing!

Yes, it unfair, but no, it does not mean that u don't kick that @ss! I have played in matches with you on one or two occasions, you can bring the pain! Ranked is a joke right now, it a set up. You are not missing a thing!

Thanks Nick, I remember some of the games we’ve played in the past. But the ping since the move really does make it so much harder.

regardless of education ranked 8v8s was more difficult than any arena, and people today playing regs who ignore objectives are lazy and lack any interest in growing the pvp community. playing the matches as intended is far more difficult than bring x class press kill button. being able to kill and maintain objectives and read the match flow, is obviously hard for alot of even the "best pvpers". otherwise they would never lose a match in regs.

8v8 imo would be interesting as I was too far late in the game to actually do it. I feel I run into, what are they called, hardcore objective players? objective enthusiasts? whatever they are called, I feel like they could do better in a game where everyone is trying to win, then it would make for some interesting match ups. Currently would have loved to have some TDM matches in queue as well IE remove pylon and orbs from Hypergate and make that a TDM but I digress. Half of us want a TDM and the other half just want to do objectives. I dislike the objective players on some maps because I didn't sit in queue for 2 ops to just a. heckle the pylon in the back of the map while the rest of the team can't stop them and b. run huttball non stop resulting in a 30 sec victory. A good back and forth scrap is hard to find now a days.

regardless of education ranked 8v8s was more difficult than any arena, and people today playing regs who ignore objectives are lazy and lack any interest in growing the pvp community. playing the matches as intended is far more difficult than bring x class press kill button. being able to kill and maintain objectives and read the match flow, is obviously hard for alot of even the "best pvpers". otherwise they would never lose a match in regs.

I agree, 8v8 ranked was much harder than 4v4.

8v8 is a thinking persons game. If people need a comparison, 8v8 is like chess and 4v4 is like checkers.

But even that’s not a great analogy because checkers can seem basic and 4v4 is not basic. It is actually harder than it sounds and there are tactics and strategy. And comparing 8v8 to chess makes it seem too high brow and too intellectual, which it’s not.

The one thing the chess vs checkers analogy can provide when comparing 8v8 and 4v4 is a different mind set is needed for both games. And while checkers isn’t as basic as it seems on the surface, compared to the different layers of chess and ability required to master, chess is a much more strategic thinkers game and checkers is a tactical game.

8v8 is for people who can player chess because they are trying to out think their opponents while making strategic and tactical moves..

4v4 is for people who like small game tactics against another small set up of players where winning is often predetermined by class meta and mix of class over brains and strategy used in 8v8.

Sadly, what a few people in this thread fail to understand is both 8v8 and 4v4 are pure pvp. They both have a place when played properly in the format they were designed for. Its the cross over of 4v4 “only” mentality into 8v8 that’s seen a rise of players who can’t play the objectives and do damage or kills at the same time because it’s too hard for them to switch on that part of their thinking. If they tried to do that in any other part of the game they would fail and players would kick them out. But we don’t have that option in 8v8.

Hence, we have an earlier poster arguing with everyone and trying to justify their own inadequacy at playing objective pvp by attacking everyone else who can play 8v8 properly. They are either totally incapable of switching mindset or they are selfish players or worse, they know everything they’ve been arguing is wrong and are just trolling the thread and the legitimate discussion the rest of us have been trying to have.

Edited by TrixxieTriss