Scoundrels/Operatives ridculously OP.

Bandelederen

I should be able to keep up single targets against other single targets with no cc or interupts on me. Just sayin.

You can easily do this if they pop defensive cool downs(bubbles). i haven't played all classes. but i assume everyone gets at least one

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Wait so the whole point of this thread is:

Scoundrels are squishy as **** so I can kill em easy if the fight starts with them unstealthed.

But if they stealth up to me and CC then they can kill me.

I dont want them to ever kill me, nerf them please.

....really?

operatives/scoundrels are fine when you play operative/scoundrel. otherwise not.

I play a Sentinel and I'd say it's about a 50/50 win-loss ratio when it comes to Operatives that are the same skill level as me. Of course I'll get blown away by Operatives that are played by people who PvP better than me. But I'm new to PvP and Im learning.

The only time they really smash all over me is when I have my CC breaker on timer and can't break their stun(s). If its off timer, then it's a pretty even fight. . .but they can usually get away with their 'enter stealth from combat' move. Sometimes I can AoE in the right spot, usually not though. But if i can remember to keep dots up and that doesn't happen.

Edited by FourTwent

operatives/scoundrels are fine when you play operative/scoundrel. otherwise not.

It's because people who play the class understand its weaknesses.

It's also because a great many nerf threads are started by people who get wrecked by a superior geared/leveled/skilled operative.

He can trinket it all he wants, biowares funky *** resolve system wont give you enough resolve for immunity until u've been stunned twice, despite the insane duration of the agents stuns.

PS: This is even worse in Huttball, when the agent can simply use vent to escape when he done his deed.

Zetara, well then its not a burst class it is now? that is sustained damage.

when we "shoot-first" which is a 3 sec stun ONLY it give you A FULL FREAKN RESOLVE BAR.... why?

so yeah if anything need fix is that our 3 sec stun SHOULD NOT GIVE YOU A FULL RESOLVE BAR.

He can trinket it all he wants, biowares funky *** resolve system wont give you enough resolve for immunity until u've been stunned twice, despite the insane duration of the agents stuns.

PS: This is even worse in Huttball, when the agent can simply use vent to escape when he done his deed.

Zetara, well then its not a burst class it is now? that is sustained damage.

im an operative and i can say i NEVER get in 2 stuns because of resolve, so either there are ops out there that knows how to bugg it to get 2 stuns in or im just very unlucky in not getting this bug.

im an operative and i can say i NEVER get in 2 stuns because of resolve, so either there are ops out there that knows how to bugg it to get 2 stuns in or im just very unlucky in not getting this bug.

Do the knockdown stun that lasts for "2" seconds but yet you can't do anything for 6.

I actually can't believe that there are scoundrels and operatives who feel that a single skill (yeah activating flechette round just before shoot first i count these two one :p) so that stuns, applies a huge dot, hits like a truck,and also gives an armor penetration buff for 15 sec is perfectly normal :p

I stopped leveling my scoundrel at the moment, becouse it's just not fun, it's a bloody easymode class once you reach lvl40..

Seriously increase flechette round CD so we can't spam it, increase its cost dramatically or both , or separate all those abilities mentioned before to other ones.

its just way to ridiculously op at the moment, that's the truth.

Edited by Guinden

Wait so the whole point of this thread is:

Scoundrels are squishy as **** so I can kill em easy if the fight starts with them unstealthed.

But if they stealth up to me and CC then they can kill me.

I dont want them to ever kill me, nerf them please.

....really?

This is one of the more or less inherent problems with a stealth class. If they have stealth, they rip you apart. If they are not stealthed, they die. Usually.

Stealth classes do not belong in an MMO...

From what I've noticed all of the people who play Operatives/Scoundrels are the ones who respond with "Stop QQing", which is hilarious. They are a very OP class at the moment, and they do need a nerf. They don't need to be broken to bits, but pvp in general needs a big fix and balance. Those who don't want that , again, are most of those who play those classes. Interesting. If this does happen, I'm sure you all will be competent enough to find other ways of killing people without relaying upon dropping people in 2 seconds.

As for stealth classes not belonging in MMOs, I don't know about that. Republic/Sith Shadows make sense, their basically the rogues of the game. However I do not agree that Operatives AND Sentinels (I believe I have seen them vanish in pvp) should also get stealth. 3 out of the 4 classes can stealth? Pretty dumb on Bioware's part.

The only way I can counter an operative is with in a group fight.

If some one peals them off me.

If I get stunned as healer or DPS with out trinket up I'm dead.

Even in group fights where I keep ranged they will pretty much take 10k out of me.

Moment that happened the fight actually 'starts'

With trinkets it becomes another story, as healer I can't keep up vs a good one so I just need to get away.

As DPS well they still pretty much wreck me as a sorcerer so you rather not fight them one on one.

Their weakness is not having cooldowns up but that goes for a lot of classes.

As for stealth classes not belonging in MMOs, I don't know about that. Republic/Sith Shadows make sense, their basically the rogues of the game. However I do not agree that Operatives AND Sentinels (I believe I have seen them vanish in pvp) should also get stealth. 3 out of the 4 classes can stealth? Pretty dumb on Bioware's part.

As a Sentinel(so Marauders too) we get a very short duration stealth(4 seconds I believe) and can be talented to give 50/100% dmg reduction during the duration. I use it like a defensive ability like saber ward. 50% of the time I sneak away, 50% of the time I keep attacking and break the stealth instantly.

Wait, so what are you saying ?!? Melee stealth classes are ridiculously OP ?!?

Damn, I would have thought that after wow, warhammer, aion and rift, people would have gotten the memo by now.

Only operatives/scoundrels tough. i Don't feel Marauder/Assasins are OP classes, They are good when well played, but the burst damage isn't even near compared with Operatives/scoundrels.

The only way I can counter an operative is with in a group fight.

If some one peals them off me.

If I get stunned as healer or DPS with out trinket up I'm dead.

Even in group fights where I keep ranged they will pretty much take 10k out of me.

Moment that happened the fight actually 'starts'

With trinkets it becomes another story, as healer I can't keep up vs a good one so I just need to get away.

As DPS well they still pretty much wreck me as a sorcerer so you rather not fight them one on one.

Their weakness is not having cooldowns up but that goes for a lot of classes.

So wait...what you are saying...is ...wait...really ? You need to act as a team to be effective in pvp ? Seriously ?

Hmm...damn...I always thought that PvP was everyone for himself...was always wondering what that "premade" thing was everyone is talking about...and why there are PvP guilds...I mean...do you really need a team to win ?

/irony off

Yes operative / scoundrel burst is high...but what else is there after the burst ? The heals that are ultra slow cast (unless skilled and even then) ? The CC that breaks on dmg ? The stun opener that fills the resolve bar ? (oh and btw the stun is max 3 seconds...you can act again much faster than people make believe...just because the animation isn't finished you are still able to use your skills...get real guys) The short snare that is on a 12 sec CD ? The not existing knockback / pull ?

honestly I played both a Marauder and a Scoundrel to 50 and of course I'm more effective in PvP if I have the ability to choose the low lvl / low hp target and burst him down...but that doesn't make me a god in PvP...once we're out of stealth / cc'ed we're toast...the two short defensive CDs we have don't help that much and once an Inquisitor / Consular / Marauder / Sentinel / Bounty Hunter / etc. decided to go for me I'm pretty much dead unless I run away...and we have no gap closer at all...ever heard of kiting ? We're ridiculously easy to kite...but people don't want to learn how to play...they just want to be op while all the other classes have to be underpowered and useless...since only then they are able to actually do anything in PvP apparently...

Once people learn how to properly play it will be effing hard to kill anything with an operative / scoundrel since everyone will have gear and know what the class can and can't do (there is no Stunlock, the opener fills resolve bar, the other stun is ridiculously short and breaks stealth and the third one breaks on dmg...and a SNARE is NOT a STUN)...but lets just whine and qq so it gets nerfed and the next class ascends to the "OP throne" (which is chosen by people how don't know the game or how to play PvP) then that gets nerfed and so on...

I seriously hope the Devs here just don't listen to this stuff because otherwise the PvP in this game will only go downhill...I know there are things that have to be adressed in general but operatives / scoundrels are not one of them...Ability delay, Resolve bar and Buff Stacking are top priorities that have to be looked at...everything else is just QQ...

Look its pretty simple, the GAME would be FLAWED if stealth classes DID NOT, DID NNNOOOTTTT win 99% of 1v1 encounters where they get the jump!

BUDDY UP PEOPLE!

WUT? So you're saying that anyone that rolls a stealth class should be guaranteed a win?

REALLY?

WUT? So you're saying that anyone that rolls a stealth class should be guaranteed a win?

REALLY?

No, hes saying that no matter the game u play (at something close to the release date ofc), stealth classes are miles infront of everyone in terms of burst.