Scoundrels/Operatives ridculously OP.

Bandelederen

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

for all those crying about the resolve bar gets filled sure.,....but what the **** does that matter when the scoundrel/ops takes you down to 0 within the 1st stun

been killed countless of times by scoundrels/ops and 99% of the time they kill me within the 3 sec knockback duration (even if you use the stun break it takes rougly 2 secs to get up from the ground, in witch case you are dead anyways

the opener damage needs to be nerfed and some out of stealth damage can be tuned up,

when a op/scoundrel has more burst than the true stealth class assassin/shadow there is a veeeery big balance problem

the opener damage needs to be nerfed and some out of stealth damage can be tuned up,

when a op/scoundrel has more burst than the true stealth class assassin/shadow there is a veeeery big balance problem

Scoundrel is as much a stealth class as the shadow. If anything scoundrel is the "true" stealth class because without stealth they are garbage. They rely on stealth entirely. Without stealth a shadow would still be viable.

For so much discussion of the technical details of whether an Operative/Smuggler can defeat another class 1v1 with its burst damage, there has sadly been very little discussion about whether or not that's a good thing from a design standpoint.

The stealth Op/Smug tactic works in a 1v1 situation. I posit that is a good thing for an MMO. The easy solution to this frightful predicament: don't find yourself in a 1v1 situation. This is an MMO. Get with friends and stick with them. Use teamwork. DurrHurrDurr.

Bioware should do everything they can to discourage people from playing PVP warzones solo. That's not how an MMO should work. Certain classes should be better than others in 1v1 situation. The tanky/healy classes certainly work well together. The burst damage folks can have their CC and bursty DeeePeeeEsss.

If anything, don't decrease the burst DPS of these classes, just make them squishier.

For so much discussion of the technical details of whether an Operative/Smuggler can defeat another class 1v1 with its burst damage, there has sadly been very little discussion about whether or not that's a good thing from a design standpoint.

The stealth Op/Smug tactic works in a 1v1 situation. I posit that is a good thing for an MMO. The easy solution to this frightful predicament: don't find yourself in a 1v1 situation. This is an MMO. Get with friends and stick with them. Use teamwork. DurrHurrDurr.

Bioware should do everything they can to discourage people from playing PVP warzones solo. That's not how an MMO should work. Certain classes should be better than others in 1v1 situation. The tanky/healy classes certainly work well together. The burst damage folks can have their CC and bursty DeeePeeeEsss.

If anything, don't decrease the burst DPS of these classes, just make them squishier.

And if operative/smuggler gets friends, seems always win-win lol :D

And if operative/smuggler gets friends, seems always win-win lol :D

It is good to have friends. Get a couple Op/Smug friends of your own.

The position that all classes must be perfectly balanced in all situations, either 1v1 or with a group is p. much flawed. The fact that there are so many people complaining about 1v1 situations just goes to show how little teamwork really means in this game right now. I say harden the fark up if you don't realize that running around alone can get you easily ganked. It's an MMO.

Then again, I'm more used to the harsh realities of EVE where it is pretty much acknowledged that older players have an advantage, and that makes defeating them (against all odds) all the more rewarding.

2 options:

1) Lower damage on Hidden Strike by 50% and lower armor ignore on Acid Blade from 50% to 30%.

2) Keep the damage as is but reduce their healing capabilities and make them wear light armor.

I've also noticed that their energy level typically never drops below 50% while they are spamming abilities and absolutely butt ****** someone.

Option 3: reduce the opening burst but give them a AOE knockback, gap closer, and execute OH WAIT that's the Assassin class. 50% is also a joke and would make the ability not worth using. You should be thinking more like 15-20% at most.

Edited by CaptainInsano

Option 3: reduce the opening burst but give them a AOE knockback, gap closer, and execute OH WAIT that's the Assassin class. 50% is also a joke and would make the ability not worth using. You should be thinking more like 15-20% at most.

Yea there's that famous gap closer assassins get really good skill that is

So get some friends and group up so Op/Smug can continue to dominate in solo play.

Great suggestion but if you are going to apply a play restriction to most classes you really have to apply it to all.

So according to your suggestion BW needs to force people to group up in PvP areas..except OP/Smugs..who can easily kill anyone 1v1?

The position that all classes must be perfectly balanced in all situations, either 1v1 or with a group is p. much flawed. The fact that there are so many people complaining about 1v1 situations just goes to show how little teamwork really means in this game right now. I say harden the fark up if you don't realize that running around alone can get you easily ganked. It's an MMO.

Then again, I'm more used to the harsh realities of EVE where it is pretty much acknowledged that older players have an advantage, and that makes defeating them (against all odds) all the more rewarding.

The Op/Smug doesn't have to deal with those issues solo...just "everybody else" good suggestion.

What a stupid post.

On a side note: Can't judge until max level cap with fully geared sets. However, Do any of you really expect an OP class (whether it be smug/op) to come out and say they are op?

Think on that.

So get some friends and group up so Op/Smug can continue to dominate in solo play.

Great suggestion but if you are going to apply a play restriction to most classes you really have to apply it to all.

So according to your suggestion BW needs to force people to group up in PvP areas..except OP/Smugs..who can easily kill anyone 1v1?

I would love to see a group of 5 Op/Smug against a balanced group of 5 tank/heal/DPS. Or even a single Op/Smug and his partner against another pair.

You people seem unable to grasp the concept that certain classes perform better when solo versus others operating together. If BW makes it riskier to go about solo (for most classes) then more people will get together and coordinate. And that will make the game better. Those solo folks can do what they please, but once the playerbase learns to work together and blob, it'll be death to solo gank Op/Smug PVP.

It's a good design decision in my opinion, as it makes people stick together more and work together. If you don't do that, you deserve to die hilariously, with ample tears.

Scoundrel is as much a stealth class as the shadow. If anything scoundrel is the "true" stealth class because without stealth they are garbage. They rely on stealth entirely. Without stealth a shadow would still be viable.

Scoundrels/operatives are very viable even without stealth!All of their attacks hit really hard no matter what

On the other hand,i ve got some 4k crits from unkillable tanks so i guess 5-6k from a pure dps build is even gimped

Something clearly isn't right with the Operative/Scoundrel. As a level 45 sorc with half decent pvp gear my bro can still drop me with his scoundrel very quickly (he's lvl 32) Granted he doesn't insta gib me, but I'm down to maybe 20% hp with very little chance of comming back. I've caught him first before but he does the Knockdown and hurts me bad even then, Ive got him once when I knocked him off the ledge.

Equal level geared ones just faceroll me, it's completely disheartening and that's why people are complaining. Only the people who play the class disagree. I'm sorry for you guys because it must be great fun, but it's only fair to even the playing field.

The nerf bat will surely be swinging wildly soon or people will get fed up I'm afraid.....

I think operatives have a different view of what "weak" is... weak to them is doing around 2k damage per attack outside of stealth.

I haven't seen any op/scoundrel explain why they're taking so little damage when they claim all the time that they're "squishy"... And I'd like to see them say they're squishy 1v1 because they're obviously not. Anyone can be nuked in an unfair fight.

Something clearly isn't right with the Operative/Scoundrel. As a level 45 sorc with half decent pvp gear my bro can still drop me with his scoundrel very quickly (he's lvl 32) Granted he doesn't insta gib me, but I'm down to maybe 20% hp with very little chance of comming back. I've caught him first before but he does the Knockdown and hurts me bad even then, Ive got him once when I knocked him off the ledge.

Equal level geared ones just faceroll me, it's completely disheartening and that's why people are complaining. Only the people who play the class disagree. I'm sorry for you guys because it must be great fun, but it's only fair to even the playing field.

The nerf bat will surely be swinging wildly soon or people will get fed up I'm afraid.....

Wow man, he's 32... too bad you don't get shoot first until 36... and hell. thats also when you can put the talent in to give it a knockdown.

Try being truthful.

Else, you're doing it wrong.

Edited by Awrini

I love posts like this. Shows just how full of crap these people are.

Operative/scoundrel might be tied with guardian and juggernaut for being absolutely the most worthless classes in the game until 40 (minus a heal spec).

1) they don't even have an opener. So you are an absolute liar.

2) They can't ignore armor so they hit like a wet noodle until 40.

If I cared enough I would report your post, but I really don't. If Bioware is stupid enough to believe all the lies and crap put out there and nerf a class just so ranged has no counter? I won't bother playing this game anymore. I have no desire to see classes nerfed to oblivion just because people like you lie and cry about classes. Even classes made so that the worst players on the face of the earth can compete in pvp. AKA Balance Sage/Madness SI.

It is simply the most dumbed down class/spec I have ever seen. I said as much in beta on hundreds of occasions. I told them that I was BORED doing 400k dmg and 100 k healing every game. I told them there was no reason for me to play the class because there is no difference between a mediocre player on it and a good player.

But whatever. Obviously they want people like you to be able to play the game, and then make up crap because you died to another class and couldn't kill them spamming tab, pressing a dot and spamming one spell. Hell I have seen sages/sorc who don't even use their proc, or heal themselves do 200 k dmg.

PLEASE make an scoundrel so that you can see what it is like playing melee against all sorc/assassins (who is your anticlass).

Better yet fraps it and record it so I can laugh my butt off when you nerd rage after getting knocked back and stunned every time you open up on someone ROFL. When you do that? Come back here and tell me if the class needs nerfed when you can't match the dmg that you do on your sage/sorc in a warzone.

So me and another level 50 runs op to cap this point in the Alderaan warzone. Out of nowhere this scoundrel opens up and obliterates the other lvl 50 before I can even react. He then vanishes and opens up on me with a stun.

At this point im thinking surely he cannot do the same thing to me, he just did to the other guy 8 seconds ago. Boy was I wrong.

STUN

STUN OVER

At this point I have about 10% of my hp left and the fight is over. He just creamed the both of us in less than 20 seconds and hes still got 90% hp left.

And tbh this is not the only time I've witnessed these scenarios with scoundrels completely destroying people in a single stun. This needs to be addressed immediatly.

Your lucky, I been hit for over 6K.

Talk about a class that get first strike - Best burst damage in game and let not forget ability to vanish from combat when thing go wrong and heal ;)

Edited by Josue

guys I just respecced into the Dirty Fighting tree due to all this whining... I own just as hard and now have even more cap prevention with dots. So all they are doing is just proving how bad they are by focusing on one skill.

It's the spec, not that I'm in full champ gear, now THAT has nothing at all to do with it.

Oh but it still blows for huttball. =p

Edited by Awrini