Please put the last gear pieces on the fleet vendor

CarlGustaf

Dear Bioware

I think it's time. The update 6.0 is live since almost one and a half year and the dxun mastermode operation is live since three quaters of a year.

Please put every Gear piece which only drops in operations or only in pvp crates on the fleet gear vendor. So everyone has better access to this pieces. Make the prices ludicrous like 10k tech fragments / 4 Million for the Dxun MM sets and 6k tech fragments / 2 million credits for the normal operation and pvp sets.

Since there are some BIS / really good sets which are not available for every player. Apex Predator or Emergency Power come to my mind especially.

Thanks a lot!

Sets I'm talking about (not necessary complete):

Ballast Point, Apex Predator, Emergency Power, Fulminating Defense, Comet Champion, Undying Protector, Ballistic Concentration, Superiority, Rapid Response

If I missed one, feel free to post below. Thanks

Edited by CarlGustaf

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

/signed

its really a pain in the arse with all that rng.

i know people with 5/6 emergency power for at leats half a year.

it doesnt matter how often you run dxun. if you are unlucky you are unlucky.

its frustraating and not fun.

isnt a game supposed to make fun?

If the problem is RNG-dependence, then the logical solution is to allow players to buy the currently-unbuyable set bonus pieces from vendors using OEMs and/or RPMs.

No, since not everyone does Ranked PvP or master mode Ops. 10k Tech frags and 2-4 mil per piece is fine. Very expensive that way as well.

No, since not everyone does Ranked PvP or master mode Ops. 10k Tech frags and 2-4 mil per piece is fine. Very expensive that way as well.

2-4m does not sound particularly expensive for things that are exclusive to MM Ops.

Looking at the GTN, the going rate for OEMs appears to be 40m, and the going rate for RPMs appears to be 46m.

CMs require 7 OEMs and 14 RPMs, which is roughly a billion credits.

How does 1 billion sound for the credits side of the equation? I hear the devs have been looking for credit sinks.

2-4m does not sound particularly expensive for things that are exclusive to MM Ops.

Looking at the GTN, the going rate for OEMs appears to be 40m, and the going rate for RPMs appears to be 46m.

How does 1 billion sound for the credits side of the equation? I hear the devs have been looking for credit sinks.

28 mil per set, and 70k Tech frags. It isn't all about credits you know.

Edited by Toraak

28 mil per set, and 70k Tech frags. It isn't all about credits you know.

Then make it cost a CM per piece instead of the credits. It's not like people can't buy the components to craft CMs on the GTN with credits if they don't run the content in question.

Then make it cost a CM per piece instead of the credits. It's not like people can't buy the components to craft CMs on the GTN with credits if they don't run the content in question.

why? again not everyone does Ranked or MM Ops. Forcing people to craft items from those 2 activities activities was BW's mistake for the Augments. No need to compound it with these as well.

Edit: not to mention it would cost someone around 1 billion to craft one of those. Making a full set would cost 7 billion credits for a full set. How many people in this game do you think have that many credits? I consider myself fairly wealthy ingame, but If I wouldn't waste 1 billion to make an Augment to Min/Max why would I spend 7 billion per set times 8 different sets? I'd bet only a few players on all of the servers would have 58 billion+.

Edited by Toraak

why? again not everyone does Ranked or MM Ops. Forcing people to craft items from those 2 activities activities was BW's mistake for the Augments. No need to compound it with these as well.

Edit: not to mention it would cost someone around 1 billion to craft one of those. Making a full set would cost 7 billion credits for a full set. How many people in this game do you think have that many credits? I consider myself fairly wealthy ingame, but If I wouldn't waste 1 billion to make an Augment to Min/Max why would I spend 7 billion per set times 8 different sets? I'd bet only a few players on all of the servers would have 58 billion+.

So what you're saying is, you want them to be cheap and easy to reliably get?

I don't call 70k Tech frags cheap. I call that a grind per set. Your only thinking of pure credits, not the grind to get the tech frags as well.

Edit: since your only thinking of the credit cost, that makes me wonder if your one of those people selling such things on the GTN for those prices. Thinking about ways to make your income even higher.

Edited by Toraak

My point with making it pricier the way I suggested was, to use the existing prices and adapt them. It needs to be achievable for a dedicated player not straight up impossible. And the moment you use OEMs and PRMs it's again straight up insulting. We have techfragments for a reason. Use them for the gear. The other materials are used for augments.

Every single item can drop in a random renown crate. But as of to day I still need to get two crates in a row with something useful in it. (i'm not counting the time I got TWO times Life Warden in a row!)

Just make the playing field equal for everyone. So that everyone can get every set in a reasonable amount ot time the way you like to play. Just like Bioware marketed 6.0 in the start...

Even when they would put the MM Sets on Kay would be an improvement...

My point with making it pricier the way I suggested was, to use the existing prices and adapt them. It needs to be achievable for a dedicated player not straight up impossible. And the moment you use OEMs and PRMs it's again straight up insulting. We have techfragments for a reason. Use them for the gear. The other materials are used for augments.

10,000 tech frags per piece isn't particularly expensive either. It's maybe two or three hours of cycling alts through TC GF?

You simply cannot maintain the same rarity as something that drops randomly from difficult content using raw tech frag costs as currently implemented.

What might work is making them craftable.

Maybe with a crafting cost along the lines of:

• 1000 Processed Isotope Stabilizers
  • 400 total purple crafted mats (bonded attachment, assembly component, etc), across two types (e.g.: 250 Artifact Lustrous Synth Bonded Attachment, 150 Artifact Syntex Synth Bonded Cloth)
  • 200 Solid Resource Matrices
  • 200 Legendary Embers

You simply cannot maintain the same rarity as something that drops randomly from difficult content using raw tech frag costs as currently implemented.

Why not?

First of all, Apex Predator and Emergency Power can drop from any ops, not just Dxun. So they are not that rare. However if you are unlucky with the rolls, it's quite possible someone will never get them as drops from doing content. Also it was a terrible design choice anyhow to have some classes get their BiS gear dropping practically everywhere (fps crates, renown crates, conquest crates, you name it), while some classes actually have to buy theirs, or be lucky with rolls while playing ops for example. So I don't really see why would some people have to pay higher price for their BiS gear, than the people who play classes that BW favors and who get their gear for free.

Considering Dxun MM sets only actually drop from MM, you may have a point there with them having to be more difficult to get. But since BW made them cheevos, they should be available easier than they are now - not to mention some of those sets are quite nice to play with. Kai Zykken sucks, and not everyone has credits to even buy from him. It can take months to actually get a full set from him even more for people who play less.

Grinding for cheevos/gear is one thing. Grinding to play the expensive slot machine is another. It's not really an achievement if it's based on the roll of a dice with a high chance of never getting the item you want. That really needs to change. Everyone should get the same reward for the same amount of grinding.

Why not?

Because players cannot spend more than 10k tech frags on a single item. It's a wallet size limitation.

You would need an indirect purchase, where you buy a second currency that costs a large number of tech frags (perhaps 10,000? 1,000?), and then buy the final item using dozens or hundreds or thousands or whatever number of that currency, as appropriate.

Either that or you would need to increase the tech frag wallet size.

Edited by powerofvoid

Because players cannot spend more than 10k tech frags on a single item. It's a wallet size limitation.

You would need an indirect purchase, where you buy a second currency that costs a large number of tech frags (perhaps 10,000? 1,000?), and then buy the final item using dozens or hundreds or thousands or whatever number of that currency, as appropriate.

Either that or you would need to increase the tech frag wallet size.

Not sure you understand what I was referring to with that "why not". Or maybe I misunderstand the post I was replying to, idk.

What I meant, the armor sets should be easier to obtain than they are now, wasn't really saying they should be obtainable with tech frags. But yeah, now that I think of it, they should be. And I'd be fine if it was 10k frags per piece of those Dxun MM sets, and all other sets being on regular vendors for regular price.

Not sure you understand what I was referring to with that "why not". Or maybe I misunderstand the post I was replying to, idk.

What I meant, the armor sets should be easier to obtain than they are now, wasn't really saying they should be obtainable with tech frags. But yeah, now that I think of it, they should be. And I'd be fine if it was 10k frags per piece of those Dxun MM sets, and all other sets being on regular vendors for regular price.

"Easier to obtain" and "Obtainable through any kind of content, not just Ops or Ground PVP" are orthogonal

I think it is entirely reasonable to want to be able to obtain whatever by:

• Doing particularly intense Crafting
  • Doing GSF in some particularly challenging or intense manner
  • Doing particularly challenging single-player or small-group PvE content
  • Other categories of content I'm missing

But that is not the same thing as reliably:

• Obtaining MM Ops gear in SM Ops
  • Obtaining Ranked ground PVP rewards in Unranked ground PVP content
  • Dropping MM Ops gear in MM FPs
  • Obtaining Ranked ground PVP rewards just by showing up in GSF
  • Obtaining either of these cheaply using common currency

Edited by powerofvoid

"Easier to obtain" and "Obtainable through any kind of content, not just Ops or Ground PVP" are orthogonal

I think it is entirely reasonable to want to be able to obtain whatever by:

• Doing particularly intense Crafting
  • Doing GSF in some particularly challenging or intense manner
  • Doing particularly challenging single-player or small-group PvE content
  • Other categories of content I'm missing

But that is not the same thing as reliably:

• Obtaining MM Ops gear in SM Ops
  • Obtaining Ranked ground PVP rewards in Unranked ground PVP content
  • Dropping MM Ops gear in MM FPs
  • Obtaining Ranked ground PVP rewards just by showing up in GSF
  • Obtaining either of these cheaply using common currency

Why not? Almost all of the BiS sets are from the class vendors except 2. Apex Predator which is a normal Dxun set, and Emergency Power for PT tanks which is in MM Dxun. All of the other sets aren't BiS, so why not make them more available? People will only want them for the achievements, not for actually using them.

You might have a point if all of the sets in Dxun or MM Dxun were BiS, but in truth they aren't. There is no point in not having them on the vendors for 10k tech frags, and additional credit cost at this point. Those that intend to do MM Dxun have already done so by now.

Why not? Almost all of the BiS sets are from the class vendors except 2. Apex Predator which is a normal Dxun set, and Emergency Power for PT tanks which is in MM Dxun. All of the other sets aren't BiS, so why not make them more available? People will only want them for the achievements, not for actually using them.

You might have a point if all of the sets in Dxun or MM Dxun were BiS, but in truth they aren't. There is no point in not having them on the vendors for 10k tech frags, and additional credit cost at this point.

Wings of the Dragon and Wings of the Architect aren't BiS, so by this reasoning they should be available from the standard speeder vendor like their equally-functional speeder counterparts.

(In case it wasn't clear, my point is that I don't agree with your reasoning.)

Those that intend to do MM Dxun have already done so by now.

Now this is just blatant dishonesty, and you should be ashamed of yourself for trying to pass it off as truth.

It takes a lot of time and practice to get from "I intend to do this" to "I have done this" when it comes to MM Ops.

Wings of the Dragon and Wings of the Architect aren't BiS, so by this reasoning they should be available from the standard speeder vendor like their equally-functional speeder counterparts.

Now this is just blatant dishonesty, and you should be ashamed of yourself for trying to pass it off as truth.

It takes a lot of time and practice to get from "I intend to do this" to "I have done this" when it comes to MM Ops.

That's fine your not required to agree.

For the record I wouldn't even suggest putting the NiM mounts available any other way. that is the main reason to even do NiM now. That comparising is a bit off, especially since there is no achievements for any of them, not to mention nobody actually ever needs mounts to be as effective as possible on a character, where BiS gear can be needed depending on what content the person is attempting to run

Edited by Toraak

so do wings impact combat?

do gear sets impact combat (especially pvp) ?

you are comparing apples with assault rifles.

That's fine your not required to agree.

For the record I wouldn't even suggest putting the NiM mounts available any other way. that is the main reason to even do NiM now. That comparising is a bit off, especially since there is no achievements for any of them, not to mention nobody actually ever needs mounts to be as effective as possible on a character, where BiS gear can be needed depending on what content the person is attempting to run

My point is that "it's not BiS so make it trivially accessible" is not a good argument, because that same logic applies to countless other things that really don't need to be made trivially accessible.

In fact, I would argue the opposite (which you seem to have included in your scattergun spray of arguments): the sets that are BiS are the ones that have a case for being made available from HM-equivalent content, because those are the things you might actually need in order to do NiM (or equivalent) content!

Likewise, "but the achievements!" is not a good argument for making something trivially accessible, because "Doom's Delay" and "Dxun Arrow" are achievements too.

In fact, I would argue the opposite (which you seem to have included in your scattergun spray of arguments): the sets that are BiS are the ones that have a case for being made available from HM-equivalent content, because those are the things you might actually need in order to do NiM (or equivalent) content!

As long as some classes get their BiS set from vendors with credits and frags, and some even get them for FREE from conquest crates, I don't think asking for all BiS sets available for everyone with the same amount of grind (be it creds or cq). The current situation treats different classes differently, and it shouldn't be so.