All Ashara did was take the longest vacation ever & then wants to be the Commander

BlackSilverFire

All Ashara did was take the longest vacation ever & then wants to be the Commander - she needs to recognize!:mad:

she wants to be the Alliance Commander's equal, seriously?! Shouldn't have to indulge her delusions just to recruit her... again - shock her and/ or throw a shock collar on her is way more preferable to give her a dose of reality of who is in charge.

Edited by BlackSilverFire

All Ashara did was take the longest vacation ever & then wants to be the Commander - she needs to recognize!:mad:

she wants to be the Alliance Commander's equal, seriously?! Shouldn't have to indulge her delusions just to recruit her... again - shock her and/ or throw a shock collar on her is way more preferable to give her a dose of reality of who is in charge.

One of the most disappointing reunions ever

We should have had a kill option here, my batS**t crazy sith would not have let her walk away, she would have made anakin look whole after the lava, compared to how ash would end up :mad:

One of the most disappointing reunions ever

We should have had a kill option here, my batS**t crazy sith would not have let her walk away, she would have made anakin look whole after the lava, compared to how ash would end up :mad:

Omg, exactly. it was a long awaited for big let down

Edited by BlackSilverFire

+1 for ALL of this especially this:

she needs to recognize!:mad:

With all the other kill option decisions, why they failed to give her one is beyond me.

After everything Our SI's do during the class story Defeating Thanaton, (someone that did kill us earlier and Zash/Marr didn't think it was possible). Considering we've fought Arcann, Vaylin defeated "The Sith Emperor" and a seemingly unending hordes of bad guys. What did Ashara do. The minimum of anything, laying around. But The writer wanted Ashara (Oh poor me > Hear me roar) to be *Atleast our equal in fending off (quite easily it looked) what we defeated those other Boss's (The Sith Emperor inc.) with. Also, That plan was OK'd to use. The twit, weakest Force user crew member.

Didn't anybody consider we are supposed to be Proud and like our characters?

For the LS Inquisitors Ashara's New role would be good but that is not the default story and the DS Sith, Inquisitor is not going to allow being usurped or even an equal. I believe if they varied the two directions More on atleast this one companion everybody woulda been far happier.

Edited by MikeCobalt

With all the other kill option decisions, why they failed to give her one is beyond me.

I wish I could say something like, "They did that because she's going to be important in a future story update!" but clearly it was just a bad design choice.

I guess they were going for the idea that she's not just a helpless padawan anymore, that you can't kill her because she's strong and independent now. That's still really dumb though. Many SI personalities out there would gladly fight to the death if it meant putting a former underling in their place.

They also didn't allow female SIs to romance her, which is surprising considering how most other companions were handled upon returning to their original class character. I would have preferred having both of those options.

Edited by Drenovade

Maybe, just maybe, the Dev's got the message from all those other threads with people here on the forums complaining that their favorite companion is written out of the story because of kill options.

Yeah, that's why they gave one to Theron (in may 2018), so after Ashara came back (march 2018)... So clearly her not getting one was not because they listened to players being tired of loosing every important companion to kill options...

She wasn't even part of the main story as she only comes back in an AA, and only for SIs, so here there was no reason not to give one.

Edited by Goreshaga

Yeah, that's why they gave one to Theron (in may 2018), so after Ashara came back (march 2018)... So clearly her not getting one was not because they listened to players being tired of loosing every important companion to kill options...

She wasn't even part of the main story as she only comes back in an AA, and only for SIs, so here there was no reason not to give one.

And Theron's story with the traitor arc was in design waaaay before they even started on Ashara's little return. Release date is not the same as creation date.

And Theron's story with the traitor arc was in design waaaay before they even started on Ashara's little return. Release date is not the same as creation date.

That's irreverent, everything can be changed, if that's the way they felt, they could have changed the very last bit, so that you had to forgive him, just like the SW had to forgive 'stickuphis*ahem*guy' if that's what they were doing.

As annoying as the endless hate mob surrounding certain companions on this forum is, I totally agree, they mishandled that reunion so bad. Even as a LS Inq, you're still expected to adhere to Sith ideals or some thought along the lines, even with mutual respect in mind. She literally comes back after half a decade and sets the terms for you to follow and there's nothing to demonstrate personal growth besides her not blowing up on you. The background story was forgettable, short and uninteresting, she hasn't played a role in any capacity in any of the story afterward and failed to at least address some of the complaints people have had about her since launch.

I'm of the personal belief that the Inq is someone who got lucky numerous times and barreled unwittingly into success over and over, rather than some master manipulator, but it would have been a great opportunity for them to let Inquistors exert a little more control over her path, even if its just the seeds of doubt in her ardent belief that she's truly a free individual. Ultimately, she's expected to be your companion, and a DS Inq would absolutely want to be their loyal tool, at best. A duel where they draw out her doubts and exploit them to convince her that she's either too weak to be of use any longer or convince her that she needs them for greater power, except now she would be a bit more mature and cautious but still willing to learn. Or an additional kill option, since people cream themselves over that crap. A LS Inq could have had the option to acknowledge her growth but suggest a friendly spar that leads to accepting her and furthering her training with the Alliance or a rejection covered under the guise of 'you have greater work to do out there, continue it'.

I'm sure its easier to sit back and come up with endless scenarios of how this could have been better, but she's still there BioWare... Can we see some of her and other hush hush companions please?

That's irreverent, everything can be changed, if that's the way they felt, they could have changed the very last bit, so that you had to forgive him, just like the SW had to forgive 'stickuphis*ahem*guy' if that's what they were doing.

I'm talking solely about having kill options write out companions in the game. Could they have done something different? Probably. But the solution should not be kill off a companion because some people don't like that companion.

Ashara and Lightside Jaesa were always weird to me, all about that lightside redemption nonsense when that is totally not what I was going for in Jaesa's case - while with Ashara, it's like - I am darkside incarnate, I could have Khem eat you on a whim, why does this idiot think she can even hold my jock, let alone lead as an equal?

Ashara and Lightside Jaesa were always weird to me, all about that lightside redemption nonsense when that is totally not what I was going for in Jaesa's case - while with Ashara, it's like - I am darkside incarnate, I could have Khem eat you on a whim, why does this idiot think she can even hold my jock, let alone lead as an equal?

At least lightside Jaesa works pretty well with a lightside SW because there are a lot of light vs. dark (both as the Force and regarding moral) options for the SW and it reflects on how Jaesa turns out. It reminds me of kotor II and I wish there're more companions like this in swtor.

We don't get that for Ashara whether the SI is bad **** crazy or simply wants to survive whatever nonsense shoved to their face. I always feel the dialogue with Ashara awkward, and my SI all think various degree of "fml I have enough problems on my ship" whenever they talk to her, it's either "hsssss go away" or "hahahaha nope" *zap* upon her return with the attitude lol

On the other hand, I wish a darkside Impside character could "corrupt" Theron if they have very high influence with him. Would be interesting if Theron was turned into, for example, the SW's "Hand" like Jadus and Cipher Nine. Or the former Cipher Nine's new secret agent. Too bad we can't really change our companions except the kill options.

I'm talking solely about having kill options write out companions in the game. Could they have done something different? Probably. But the solution should not be kill off a companion because some people don't like that companion.

except the way she behaved, would have gotten others killed, she shouldn't have had a free pass, and have it done so shoddy. Xalek needed to be put in his place too, she should have as well.

On the other hand, I wish a darkside Impside character could "corrupt" Theron if they have very high influence with him. Would be interesting if Theron was turned into, for example, the SW's "Hand" like Jadus and Cipher Nine. Or the former Cipher Nine's new secret agent. Too bad we can't really change our companions except the kill options.

I agree, little things like this would have made our companions more customisable to us, and added more depth to them.

Edited by DarkTergon

I don't necessarily like the kill option for any Comp especially the Romanceable ones considering every one is somebody's "Special Person" but going straight to "Attitude time" prevented any dialog based "Outs". For the Default Sith Inquisitor (Majority) at that point it became a battle; be a wimp or be who you always were.

If the writer and co had put a bit more thought into the dialog leading up to that point the "ShowDown" could've been avoided, even for the Sith. As soon as any Comp in this game gets that option that character will seemingly never get another part in the story going forward. That short talk scene leading up to the PSR (Point of Safe Return) lead to only two or three outcomes. They made it seem like Ashara was back itching for a fight (for the Main story line players).

Worst Attitude at the wrong place in the worst time, just toxic.

That particular Ashara is lying to herself if she thinks she's a Jedi; might as well put on all black go to Kaas city and see if anybody wants her services.

Edited by MikeCobalt

Of all the companions who have a kill option, but this one doesn't...

Even my rather good nature SI would be annoyed by her attitude.

My bad **** crazy SI would simply zap her on spot.

My newest DS Sith is enjoying doing everything possible to piss Ashara off every chance she gets, all while using Shae Vizla (a rewards comp) as her regular comp (unless the story dictates that she *has* to use someone else). And I am still, somehow, getting positive points towards Ashara, when I should be getting negative points, which is a sign that the devs *really* want you to use Ashara and treat her "right", just so she can backstab you the way Koth does (and yes, I despise Koth).

My newest DS Sith is enjoying doing everything possible to piss Ashara off every chance she gets, all while using Shae Vizla (a rewards comp) as her regular comp (unless the story dictates that she *has* to use someone else). And I am still, somehow, getting positive points towards Ashara, when I should be getting negative points, which is a sign that the devs *really* want you to use Ashara and treat her "right", just so she can backstab you the way Koth does (and yes, I despise Koth).

My SI says ***** to mess with her but sometimes there are surprise "approve" points.

Ashara: *debating whether the Jedi or the Sith are better/worse philosophically and practically speaking*

SI: Be gay, do crime!

Ashara: I guess you gain true freedom from both fractions by doing so. That's inspiring, master!

SI: What?

It's just the life of the SI I guess.