Time to end the Eternal Empire for good.

Kyhiker

KOTFE has nothing to do with Star Wars. It takes us out of the SWTOR storyline, its an interruption of the story. They were stock on waht to do with Vitiaite and came up with this nonsense. That you like it is irrelevant. It was an totally unnecessary interception of the games actual plot. The war between Republic and Empire is the story, always has been.

https://starwars-universe.fandom.com/wiki/Yuuzhan_Vong

https://screenrant.com/star-wars-thrawn-alliances-grysks-yuuzhan-vong/

They would like to have a word with you regarding your comment.

KOTFE has nothing to do with Star Wars. It takes us out of the SWTOR storyline, its an interruption of the story. They were stock on waht to do with Vitiaite and came up with this nonsense. That you like it is irrelevant. It was an totally unnecessary interception of the games actual plot. The war between Republic and Empire is the story, always has been.

That is your OPINION, and that is fine. But in the old EU there was more than just Rep v. Imp, or Jedi v. Sith. There was also the Vong, and other factions. The fight against Zakuul was a continuation against the OG Sith Emperor. Light v. Dark and that IS SW's.

PS they foreshadowed it all throughout the Vanilla Storyline if people just paid attention.

Unfortunately some folks just see Empire / Republic as opposed to what was the driving "Force" behind the conflict.

The Force: the "light side" .. the "dark side" and the balance between the two is often overlooked. Unfortunately some are unable to see the "forest for the trees".

(BTW... how's school these days? )

Unfortunately some folks just see Empire / Republic as opposed to what was the driving "Force" behind the conflict.

The Force: the "light side" .. the "dark side" and the balance between the two is often overlooked. Unfortunately some are unable to see the "forest for the trees".

(BTW... how's school these days? )

Doing okay. Started a new semester (Administrative Law and Law/Society). We have a break from December 24 through January 1 but I will still have to turn in papers when we get back so .

That is your OPINION, and that is fine. But in the old EU there was more than just Rep v. Imp, or Jedi v. Sith. There was also the Vong, and other factions. The fight against Zakuul was a continuation against the OG Sith Emperor. Light v. Dark and that IS SW's.

PS they foreshadowed it all throughout the Vanilla Storyline if people just paid attention.

Yeah, thats true.

I believe people would have liked KOTFE and KOTET WAY better if BW only executed it better. Their execution of both (or at least of KOTFE) was just horrible and I can tell you why in some simple examples:

- The vanilla storyline was flawless and made perfect sense for every 8 class-storys up until the point where we reached the end of Ziost and the start of KOTFE and we were forced to skip 5 whole (inGame) years.

- Everyone, or at least the majority of the playerbase, hated it to lose all their companions (hence why the first big wave of players quitted SWTOR forever). Some of the companions are up to this day missing and the returning of nearly all companions were rather... lackluster (hello 1 min companion-reunion cutscenes)

- Cutscenes were partly stupid (ever watched the cutscene of non-force users in chapter 4 when the Gravestone was under attack and the player reached the bridge?); again, they even had no time/or money/or intention to write the story and make the cutscenes so that it fits every class and not only specific force users.

- KOTFE felt absolutely rushed and scripted for one specific class (Jedi Knight, I partly mentioned it above). I had read somewhere that they originally planned to start SWTOR with KOTFE and make it a KOTOR3, but they decided last minute to make it a MMO, hence why they had to split it all up and ended up with 8 different class storys. It makes sense now that KOTFE felt completely incomplete. Which directly brings me to my next point.

- I as a player was literally able to feel how BW had no idea where they wanted to go in KOTFE, or at least it felt like they lost their track on the way. After chapter 9 the direction was going from A to H and from there back to B and back to Z just to re-introduce companions because the playerbase was whining so hard instead of just wait and play. Not to blame BioWare here, it was mainly the fault of the playerbase in my eyes. The forum was filled with whine threads about companions and what not and they tried to please every single faction (PvE, PvP, Solo Player etc). Remember the year where literally no content at all besides QoL changes came out because they wanted to give everyone a little bit of everything rather than just focus on one thing and push it through. I mean they couldn't have done more damage as they already did with their decisions up to that point anyway imo. I guess thats one of the reasons why the story process in WoW for example makes so much sense because the Devs don't listen to the babbling of the playerbase (whom has no idea anyway besides complaining) and just do their thing.

I'm sure I forgot a few things but I guess these are some of the main reasons why many people (me included) disliked KOTFE. Not to mention the changes on core-features of the game the team did, hence why with 4.0 and especially with 5.0 another BIG wave of players quitted SWTOR forever. After 5.0 it literally felt like servers were dying.

I guess all the story-reasons mentioned above is a big point why Ossus was so successful because they finally got back to the point where every class mattered again and the story was going forward once again instead of running around in the big family-drama-circle.

Edited by Jesseriah

Ossus was so successful because they finally got back to the point where every class mattered again

Um, sorry, no.

The story feels as much cookie-cutter regardless which class I play through Ossus as I did playing through Kotet/Kotfe (content which I actually liked), and I liked it despite that it made no sense story-wise dragging my gunslinger through a space opera wholly concerned with the intrigues of force users. The graphics were gorgeous, the voice acting excellent, and the story coherent in and of itself. Kotfe/Kotet progresses smoothly enough when taken in sum.

Edited by xordevoreaux

The story feels as much cookie-cutter regardless which class I play through Ossus as I did playing through Kotet/Kotfe

Thats mainly not because of the story itself rather than because of the fact that BioWare is done with telling 8 different class stories. If they would add some specials (like SoR Class Missions) for every class while doing the rest of the time a all-in-one storytelling that would be another thing, but that doesn't change the fact that KOTFE and KOTET storytelling was flawed.

Edited by Jesseriah

Um, sorry, no.

The story feels as much cookie-cutter regardless which class I play through Ossus as I did playing through Kotet/Kotfe (content which I actually liked), and I liked it despite that it made no sense story-wise dragging my gunslinger through a space opera wholly concerned with the intrigues of force users. The graphics were gorgeous, the voice acting excellent, and the story coherent in and of itself. Kotfe/Kotet progresses smoothly enough when taken in sum.

I agree that Ossus was cookie cutter !! There were a few minor exceptions ... but not a whole lot.

- Everyone, or at least the majority of the playerbase, hated it to lose all their companions (hence why the first big wave of players quitted SWTOR forever). Some of the companions are up to this day missing and the returning of nearly all companions were rather... lackluster (hello 1 min companion-reunion cutscenes)

Most of the "complaining" had very little to do with the story of KOTFE, which incidentally scripted and written before the player base ever say it. The mass exodus, as you call it, was the result of the implementation of Galactic Command at the same point of time.

Most of the "complaining" had very little to do with the story of KOTFE, which incidentally scripted and written before the player base ever say it. The mass exodus, as you call it, was the result of the implementation of Galactic Command at the same point of time.

Well, I remember there were a lot of complaints back then that the story was focussing on force users instead of all class-types, as I already wrote. And I guess the reason of that is that, as already stated, BioWare was planing to do a KOTOR3 instead of a MMO. It would have made sense if you think about it. In all KOTOR games you were able to become a Jedi/Sith even when you were just a simple Soldier in the beginning, but at the point when SWTOR was already launched they had to go with the 4 different classes. Thats why the story process of KOTFE/KOTET makes no sense.

I agree on the Galactic Command thing, but I already wrote that under "changes of core-features".

Edited by Jesseriah

KOTFE is not Star Wars. Republic vs Empire war is.
Tell that to Mandalorian which basically got nothing to do with Imp vs Rep. Gimme a break. This lazy, low-bar lack of thought from fans who just want to be serviced with unengaging familiar stuff over and over again is how we ended up with rehash Sequel Trilogy. Edited by Pietrastor

Tell that to Mandalorian which basically got nothing to do with Imp vs Rep. Gimme a break. This lazy, low-bar lack of thought from fans who just want to be serviced with unengaging familiar stuff over and over again is how we ended up with rehash Sequel Trilogy.

Agreed !!

Funny how the TV series is so much better written than the first two sequels of the Disney franchise. Fortunately someone made some major changes in who was running things. At least now (as far as I can tell) someone "gets it" !

That said ... Hopefully we are now seeing some foundational stories being put into place for a solid future. There could be several different aspects of the game to watch:

*** The "Force" Light vs Dark side and the "balance" between the two.

*** The Mandalorians (at least there is a possibility) .. and how they interact with the two sides of the force.

*** Other force sensitives (but non force users)

This should be interesting !!

KOTFE is not Star Wars. Republic vs Empire war is. I for one am very disappointed that its not over but we are actually going to get stuck with

Valyin pulling a Tenebrae, and taking possession of that dead red-headed "student" (that is the word repeatedly used in the mission).

Go read some books. There is wayyyy more to Star Wars then imp vrs pub

Tired of all the Zakuul business and keeping up with the Valkorians. JUS and Onslaught were getting back to SWTOR. If it's going back to the Soap Opera we're going back to what so many quit because (Now on Steam, Log in Rewards, Main planet single digit populations etc.).

Go read some books. There is wayyyy more to Star Wars then imp vrs pub

I, personally, hope that we will one day experience a time where we have no fighting at all in SWTOR. Like a peace-time, where we travel around, do smaller things that helps normal people/the galaxy. Jedi can do some diplomatic and peacekeeping things, smugglers do some smuggler-things, soldiers just could do a military-programm which they oversee as Colonel (or maybe even General then?) while Sith could to secret and mystical things and so on. It could have things for every class, like it used to be in vanilla.

Well, I know I am dreaming, but sometime I grow tired of the always re-accuring theme of "oh noe, another big threat that threatens the whole galaxy"-thing.

I, personally, hope that we will one day experience a time where we have no fighting at all in SWTOR. Like a peace-time, where we travel around, do smaller things that helps normal people/the galaxy. Jedi can do some diplomatic and peacekeeping things, smugglers do some smuggler-things, soldiers just could do a military-programm which they oversee as Colonel (or maybe even General then?) while Sith could to secret and mystical things and so on. It could have things for every class, like it used to be in vanilla.

Well, I know I am dreaming, but sometime I grow tired of the always re-accuring theme of "oh noe, another big threat that threatens the whole galaxy"-thing.

Not all together a bad idea really.

Maybe there could be some interesting interactions with companions (repeatable) to go along with that as well. Who knows ... maybe even a weekend bass fishing trip with some light hearted fun mixed in ??

Not all together a bad idea really.

Maybe there could be some interesting interactions with companions (repeatable) to go along with that as well. Who knows ... maybe even a weekend bass fishing trip with some light hearted fun mixed in ??

Scourge: [force lifts fish into bass boat]

Theron: [points at fishing pole] You're supposed to be using one of these, it's more sporting.

Scourge: [force lifts Theron into water]

Theron: Okay! Point made!

Tired of all the Zakuul business and keeping up with the Valkorians. JUS and Onslaught were getting back to SWTOR. If it's going back to the Soap Opera we're going back to what so many quit because (Now on Steam, Log in Rewards, Main planet single digit populations etc.).

The only time I've seen single digit population on a planet was in the pvp instance, or a new instance just opened. Even at the quiet times the early worlds have multiple instances, and the later ones have nearly full instances. This is on SF, no idea about the other servers.

As for the log in rewards & steam...who is quitting over them? The login rewards are garbage, and people are giving out over them, but no one is quitting because of it. TBH, if you quit because of something like that, you've bigger issues.

Steam has brought in a load of new players, and brought some back :rolleyes:

The only time I've seen single digit population on a planet was in the pvp instance, or a new instance just opened. Even at the quiet times the early worlds have multiple instances, and the later ones have nearly full instances. This is on SF, no idea about the other servers.

As for the log in rewards & steam...who is quitting over them? The login rewards are garbage, and people are giving out over them, but no one is quitting because of it. TBH, if you quit because of something like that, you've bigger issues.

Steam has brought in a load of new players, and brought some back :rolleyes:

I didn't say "Quitting *Because of those; I said quitting because of the Zakuul story. The Steam part is typically the graveyard where old games and small lower budget games go. E.A lately has lately also partnered with steam likely due to Steams widespread offering. The Login rewards are another sign of... Wanting people to login in. Neither of these were present Before but are here now (Changes, downward signs from they way it was before).

As for the "Single Digit Populations Main Planets" part, I do still spend a good amount of time on Tat Stronghold; the Population that I'm seeing is at times a single digit.

I didn't like the Zakuul story for a number of reasons one being the separation of the P.C.'s and their companions then supplanting the companions with the Zakuul preferred La...characters. That story took the game too far out into left field and considering the fire here in the forums during that time and lack of the same amount of forum/game activity nowadays it seems many others agree' d Zakuul was not good to SWTOR.

Edited by MikeCobalt

Scourge: [force lifts fish into bass boat]

Theron: [points at fishing pole] You're supposed to be using one of these, it's more sporting.

Scourge: [force lifts Theron into water]

Theron: Okay! Point made!

I could totally picture that happening :D

LOL !!!

Got to love it !!

:D

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.