Echoes of Oblivion Was Nice

jedimasterjac

So, I just wrapped up the Echoes of Oblivion part of the patch, and I just wanted to say I thoroughly enjoyed it. It was quite a bit longer than I expected, which was a welcome surprise.

Anyway, I don't have any deep or magic insights, I just thought a little "thanks!" would do for now. :)

• Replies 92
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I was startled to see that Senya had a small part at the beginning of this. From there, my "startled" levels progressively spiraled into orbit. Lots of "holy <profanity>" and "holy <profanity> <profanity>" were muttered. I can't say any more because of spoilers but wow. So yes, nice. Edited by Savej

I took my sage (dps) through this first as she has the best gear and it was interesting and enjoyable but:

Can we please stop having to fight over dangerous rocks (not the final fight) and have knockbacks that throw you down the rocks causing you to die pretty please.

Did enjoy:

Having Theron, Senya and Arcann come with you as well. That made it interesting and the fight at the end was fun though I was beginning to wonder if I would ever get through them.

Now

Please do not bring the emperor back again. Enough please of bringing back dead emperors......

Will be a bit to get all of my other characters through this due to my schedule right now but eventually all of them will go through it (even my non-force characters)

Edited by casirabit

The rocks and such are a fair criticism. I didn't die there, but I did die to a knockback on the first fight on the ship -- didn't realize I was on a thing catwalk, or that their ability could send me over the railing. What an anti-climactic way for the Jedi Knight to go.

If I had to name a gripe:

I think BW consistently does the Exile dirty. I think I'd rather they have just not mentioned her at all, rather than giving her two lines of dialogue without ever actually really acknowledging her. I'll always be bothered she doesn't get the same respect as Revan.

Edited by jedimasterjac

I first took my main through the story (JK) ... it was a great and fulfilling closure.

Next, I took my Warrior through ... and the story was still decent, plus there were enough difference based on previous choices that made it interesting.

However, I don't have much motivation to take any non-force user classes through the story. I think they will be a let down.

Also ...

In the final fight, I am not sure if this is a bug or intended, but I could not target any of the adds in the Valkorian portion, although I could target them in the Vitiate & Tenebrae parts.

I enjoyed it. I love the romance scenes but I'm disappointed that it's only for the "new" characters.

Love the small nuances from one class to another (so far I've only taken 3 LS ones, looking forward to taking my DS characters through it).

Now, my gripes...

Too many shades spawn and a buggy fight (I was not getting healed at all during the first part).

Mindscapes are getting old...

Also... no reward whatsoever, just a small amount of exp and credits...

Decisions once again don't seem to make any difference whatsoever.

That ship really is huge...

So, I just wrapped up the Echoes of Oblivion part of the patch, and I just wanted to say I thoroughly enjoyed it. It was quite a bit longer than I expected, which was a welcome surprise.

Anyway, I don't have any deep or magic insights, I just thought a little "thanks!" would do for now. :)

+1. We've been pretty dry on content this year but BW nailed it with this update. It felt like the conclusion KotET should have had. Nice to see Meetra appear, though once again she was agonisingly underused. I'm curious *** her accent was too? XD

But overall, t'was awesome. Good job.

I just attempted Echoes of Oblivion, and couldn't get past the Valkorion boss fight. I couldn't target the adds, Satele died early, and Valkorion's health recharged every time it got low enough to give me hope. Mine did as well, so I couldn't die. After half an hour, I went and jumped to my death just to end it. So I suppose I should ask, how did anyone beat it? Is it just a matter of continuing to slog through and attack him, or is there a way to destroy the adds? Just getting frustrated here.

I'm a well-geared tank, but I got kinda perilously close too. I think that fight might be a little bugged. That said:

I don't think you're supposed to kill the adds. I used the Arcann/Thexan duo ability on cooldown that you get, and I mostly kept my distance from him to let the companions do the fighting. It was important not to stand on top of them when the big purple ball dropped.

There seemed to be some mechanic that destroyed the wellsprings (or whatever they were called), because occasionally an ability Valkorion cast would line up with me standing on top of one and it would disappear, but I'm not sure how I did it or if that was bugged or what.

The two fights after that are quite straightforward and not bad at all, but that first boss fight really is a doozy.

I LOVED IT! But I do have one major complaint...

I AM SO SICK OF LANA IN MY FACE WHEN I REGAIN CONSCIOUNESS.

None of my characters are married to HER!

This annoys me too!

Why is it never my LIs who are concerned and watching over my characters?? Also I saved Theron for a reason, not so Lana can do all the talking

Edited by Suzsi

So far I have only played through it once with my main Sage and Theronmancer. The story was really good. I loved the interaction between all of the characters. The nods toward my character's romance with Theron were very nice. Being light sided I had the whole cast, which was really cool. Died a couple times due to the knock back whilst in the dreamscape. This was made even more annoying because those mobs are immune to knock back themself, so you can not even try to avoid the KB, and every time I tried to run past them my character would have moved past them, be behind the mob, but would still be knocked back as if I was in front of them. The only major (possible) bug I encountered was the end fight. The first phase with Valkorion definitely went on for a lot longer than it needed to. I could not target anything but Valkorion and had to rely on AOE to kill the adds so I could then kill Valkorion. Comp healing also seemed broken. This was very noticeable during the first phase of the fight, but the second and third phase were also off. The end fight, all stages but the first in particular, needs to be adjusted.

I am very curious to see what comes of that last scene.

After playing it there is one thing I really want now: some child NPC decos. Especially young padawans. I know, the child model in the game is a little...off, but I really want some young padawans for my Jedi themed strongholds now.

I thought the last fight was one wave of too long.

I never died and usually I do get knocked off ledges.

I did not get the Theron letter bug. I got two of the same letters from Scourge bug, which I reported.

Yeah, why was I

woken by Lana who wasn't on the mission, but left behind on Odessen?

Echoes was pretty good (though I don't remember any drops, so it cost me credits to play it...)

but the new FP was a massive slog.

I haven't finished it..

I got half way and it was taking so long I lost the will to carry on.

Sorry but if I can't finish it on my main, I sure won't bother with my alts...

Had enough grinding...

Just got bored with it.

Edited by Rammboo

I liked this a lot. Standing ovations to this update from me. :)

It was positively surprisingly longer than I thought it would be. I only got halfway through the FP, since my gear is somewhat lacking, but that is nice too, then there is motivation to continue grinding for techfragments. :D

I disliked the final boss fight. The god-mode "keep you alive no matter what because he basically one-shots you" just felt like I was being led through the action, not me leading the action. Echoes of freaking World of Warcraft is what it was. Instead of my allies being my companions, I was theirs; just like in WoW, when Khadgar or whoever thanks you for your assistance in helping them -- THEM -- defeat the big bad guys.

The new FP is nonsense, it's way too much of a slog. Better things to do with my time.

In short, I was looking forward to new substantial content, and was largely disappointed.

Edited by CamCubed

It was nice and managed to un-ruin quite a few mistakes from the past - mainly the disaster of Revan handling in vanilla and SOR and Scourge's silence and absence in SOR and KOTFEET.

A decent epilogue for the whole Emperor saga. But I think it's safe to say the entire playerbase is ready to move on from his character. No more him, or Revan.

Edited by Pietrastor

It was okay up to the final boss fight. I couldn't get past it. Like others, he would recharge his health when he got to around 25%. The fight slogged on for almost an hour before I finally just jumped to my death. I don't know if that's a bug or not but it was very frustrating... also the adds part was frustrating. I'll try again next week.

my favorite thing since shadow of revan. really impressed. cant wait to play it on a few more toons

edit: for the boss fights makes sure to dps really hard for 2 uses of that simultaneouis attack use... he was healing back to 52% for a while before i figured i would jusr go full dps... no idea baout the essences and balls and circles etc... spent time killing eccences with laser but never sure how to proc laser... cool fight no idea how it works

Edited by dipstik

I liked it, I did die a couple times just from not paying attention to the ground some of those walkways are pretty small lol. The end fight I wasn't expecting so many mobs and alot of it I was running around like a chicken with my head cut off cause I wasn't sure who to attack first. Wasn't really sure what I could and couldn't stand in so I just ended up moving most of the time. About half way through I thought I was a goner cause Satele died but the other allies were healing me occasionally enough to I could just keep going. Then I got a bunch of action buttons which I wasn't expecting and trying to read them on the fly wasn't working so I was just spamming them on cd lol but I got through it.

I didn't do the new flashpoint I was gonna do it tonight but then my stupid computer had updates which took super long and now I don't really feel like getting into it. But I heard a guildy say the solo mode flashpoint was really hard I'm not sure his gear level is all I know is he is a merc, could of been intoxicated too which is normal. But was curious if anyone else found the solo mode of the new FP more difficult than normal?