Game Update 6.2 - Known Issues

CommunityTeam

• Replies 220
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This is ridiculous. So I was able to fix the quick play bug that pops up in 6.2. if you remove the Bitraider (:\Program Files (x86)\Electronic Arts\BioWare\Star Wars - The Old Republic\Bitraider ) folder and then restart the game and let it repair itself you can then play your characters again. Problem is that another update rolled out and put the same freaking issue in...always nice to pay for a game that doesn't allow you to play it.

I haven't been able to flip through all the posts here, but did anything get said on what will be done in response to lightsabers not being given for completing the forge? Should we just reroll the consular and go again?

I played through the Consular story on Tython yesterday and was given a lightsaber at the end of it as usual. If your lightsaber is still missing then instead of starting the game all over again I would suggest buying a cheap lightsaber from one of the vendors at the Fleet or from GTN.

Spirit of Vengeance Vet mode is still bugged.

Ran as a 1heal + 3dps team.

We all died more than 3 times at that burning wreckage jumping. THIS SERVED NO MEANING AT ALL.

Sniper bug still there. Kept aiming at us even though we've already in the next room. The whole team had to /stuck or we can't progress.

Final boss fight:

Some attack one shot a dps whose not at full health. It happened a few times. It dealt damage that's about 90% of the dps health. Didn't see the skill used by boss because I was too busy healing (had to keep everyone at full health at all time). I don't think it's supposed like that in Vet mode? And I didn't encounter this in my last run before 6.2.

The Quick play bug exists still. Turning on XP SP3 compatibility mode was VERY laggy. Made my entire system unusable so I removed XP compatibility mode and went in and changed launcher.settings file for disabling bitraider from false to "false". Game appears to start cleanly without issues but it immediately started a 6.9GB download which I still have about 3GB remaining. Download is going very slowly considering I have 1Gbps download. This is incredibly stupid on EA's part. Is the goal to drive all the players away? Because Im really getting sick of the bugs in this game and the support people who respond with stupid answers and then close your support or bug tickets.

I haven't been able to flip through all the posts here, but did anything get said on what will be done in response to lightsabers not being given for completing the forge? Should we just reroll the consular and go again?

Theoretically yes, if you're a sub you might get faster action if it doesn't pop for you with an in game ticket

Bask Sunn is still broken. I’m getting one shorted in story mode. The heal spots don’t work. You could at least give us the combat droid again

As a follow up, the ticket I submitted in game was marked “closed” with no actual response. That’s a pretty shoddy way to treat subscribers

After the new update installed, I was unable to use any of my characters. I can only make a new one and play on the starter planets. The game is supposed to continue downloading the update in the background. Well, I've been playing a couple of days and the download is still on 0.00%. What is going on with this update? Nothing is happening. I can't use my other characters and I have no intention of making new characters over and over only to still not have any progress on this supposed download that isn't happening. Please, fix this issue or I will be forced to cancel both of my accounts. I am not paying for a game I cannot play. My brother is having the same issues, after installing the update today.

After update I can't play any of my main characters. When I click "play" and enter game on my character list shows up Quick Play download bar and window, high level characters are locked and only low level starting zone characters are available.

I'm having the Same issue. The only toon I can play is level 3. Also the download update box just continuously stays at Zero percent progress. So that means I'll be able to play my Main at what point?..... wow what a nice Christmas vacation this is turning out to be.

After the new update installed, I was unable to use any of my characters. I can only make a new one and play on the starter planets. The game is supposed to continue downloading the update in the background. Well, I've been playing a couple of days and the download is still on 0.00%. What is going on with this update? Nothing is happening. I can't use my other characters and I have no intention of making new characters over and over only to still not have any progress on this supposed download that isn't happening. Please, fix this issue or I will be forced to cancel both of my accounts. I am not paying for a game I cannot play. My brother is having the same issues, after installing the update today.

My resolution for this issue... I uninstalled the game and reinstalled it using a download from the website. After a few hours of updating my game is back up and running properly.

Edited by Darkravyne

I had an update this evening. It does no good. Rash Ordo is now level 25, but he’s still not healing on solo story mode. I’m still dying on Bask Sunn. Yes, I tried killing the healers first. My gear level is 280.

I’m seriously considering not renewing my subscription if I can’t progress on story mode. You could at least give us the combat droid or working healing nodes.

1. no longer listed as married to lana beniko. finished that quest maybe 3-4 months ago.

2. on echos of oblivion satele shan DIES on first hit from valkorian.

3.got killed starting vitiate part of fight on the 1st hit...175k hit.

Edited by CommunityDroidEN

1. no longer listed as married to lana beniko. finished that quest maybe 3-4 months ago.

2. on echos of oblivion satele shan DIES on first hit from valkorian.

3.got killed starting vitiate part of fight on the 1st hit...175k hit.

update: to marriage glitch.

if though i told customer service i was married to lana beniko customer service says they can't do anything to help because i chose NOT to marry lana.

Hello thorrnnn,

My name is Aditya K. Thanks for contacting the Star Wars: The Old Republic customer service team concerning an In game query with a companion romance.

I’ve replied to your ticket in-game, you’ll find the answer below too.

I hope you are doing well.

First of all, I want to thank you for all your patience. We are trying our best to give the best possible solutions to our customers and help them to get the issues resolved as soon as possible.

I have just checked your ticket about not being able to romance with Lana Beniko.

Being a SWTOR player myself, I understand how important this can be for you.

This really is an In game decision made wrong. I really apologize for the inconvenience faced. At this point, The best option will be to try to initiate the romance on a different character. In-Game decisions are permanent in Star Wars: The Old Republic™. Reversing a decision really could wreck the story line.

Is Spirit of Vengance still unfinishable for others? I can't progress past the final tether control objective because I can't access the tether controls - I'm stuck between the archives or the disposal pit. Wasn't sure whether to raise this in game or just sit and wait and see if it fixed (again) in another patch...

Is Spirit of Vengance still unfinishable for others? I can't progress past the final tether control objective because I can't access the tether controls - I'm stuck between the archives or the disposal pit. Wasn't sure whether to raise this in game or just sit and wait and see if it fixed (again) in another patch...

you probably tried this already but if not. click exit instance button over your mini-map icon and walk back into the instance. i've had problems and that helped me.