Game doesn't launch when hitting play......again

Spor

• Replies 219
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Not all Win 10 users are affected, so how old is your install? 1909?

Got the same problem on win 10, no previous suggestion worked, and spent hours yesterday to force the system on the newest non-beta windows version7updates I could get. According to my system currently on WIn 10, 2004 right now, with everything up to date.

There are more then enough win 10 users infected. why this pointless post!?

Do you have any concept how many active supported builds there are for Windows 10? Any?

I'm on a dev version. 2004 Build 20246.1 (and there are multiple dev versions). Any one (or several) of the builds from the (retired) 17xx build and higher, could be affected. As Jedi mentioned, it's sort of worth asking which Windows 10 environment people experiencing the problem are using.

Edited by xordevoreaux

Do you have any concept how many active supported builds there are for Windows 10? Any?

I'm on a dev version. 2004 Build 20246.1 (and there are multiple dev versions). Any one (or several) of the builds from the (retired) 17xx build and higher, could be affected. As Jedi mentioned, it's sort of worth asking which Windows 10 environment people experiencing the problem are using.

To help narrow it down and clarify it then, I am currently on:

Version 10.0.19041 Build 19041

According to my system information, which is, as far as i can fidn out, the msot up to date consumer version.

As I mentioned before I never got any error message, under Windows 7,, launcher just shut down and game never loaded. The fix suggested by other players worked. Though every time I load the game it now tells me its adjusted colors down. But its playable. Glad to see an official repose, a day late. Edited by RameiArashi

Same problem. Long conversation with support, no solution, they requested the diagnostic file to look for the problem, sent yesterday. Reply today was ..."the issue you are facing is due to NTDLL issue." No solutions were provided in addition to the others already tried except ..."please upgrade your windows to window 10". Reading other replies in this thread indicate that is not the solution either. They apologized for no ideal solution, said that they are low on staff due to the "pandemic" and are doing their best ..."to keep the game alive during the pandemic" and that they are ..."really motivated and are trying our best to provide the best gaming experience possible". I'm thinkin' EA coders really muxxured the cookie this time.

Hi folks,

Here are two workarounds that should help players on Windows 7 who encounter the C1/C7 error.

1. Workaround 1: disable desktop composition in the compatibility settings
  2. Workaround 2: Start swtor.exe and launcher.exe as admin w/ compatibility for XP SP3

Please, let us know if those workarounds helped you.

Win10 user, work around didn't help me.

Hi folks,

Here are two workarounds that should help players on Windows 7 who encounter the C1/C7 error.

1. Workaround 1: disable desktop composition in the compatibility settings
  2. Workaround 2: Start swtor.exe and launcher.exe as admin w/ compatibility for XP SP3

Please, let us know if those workarounds helped you.

Yea.... Can someone list steps for those of us who don't speak "geek squad"?

What's your graphics card?

What's your anti-virus?

Are you using the streaming/Bitraider version of SWTOR or the Steam version?

Is your system 32 bit or 64 bit?

AMD Radeon rx 5700 xt

Windows anti-virus

I dont have the bitraider folder so i assume the streaming one? I also tried the steam version since this issue started on tuesday. neither is working

64 bit

a couple of minutes ago i updated my windows to 2020H2 Build 19042. The issue is still the same. I click play -> launcher closes -> nothing happens