Game doesn't launch when hitting play......again

Spor

• Replies 219
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

On Win 7 Pro 64 Bit. I removed the compatibility mode to see if it was still needed. In my case it still needs it.

After launching and starting, the Server List came up with nothing in the list.

So back to Compatibility Mode , Windows 7 and it starts up, in the work around way.

So this is the Way.

Now things are getting weird!

Till yesterday I had to start the game in Win 7 compatibility mod.

Today I tried to start it and nothing happened.

I decided to remove te comaptibility modus and the game started without any problems.

Did Bioware repair the launcher (without any comment) or what's going on here?

Hmmmmm They must have fixed it as I can Now get in,, Hope we get compensated for all this crap.

I wouldn't hold my breath, they don't normally do it, unless it was something they screwed up badly, and even then, it's not compensation as such. IE with the BH week, they just extended it, and the same with other events, no one got any 'compensation'

I hope patch day will fix this. Still cannot play. :)

It's just back end maintenance, so probably not, unless it's a stealth fix, but they'd have to admit it was their fault, and at the moment, they seem to be putting it squarely on Windows

Edited by DarkTergon

This really affected my computer. I spent hours trying this and that, eventually had to to take it into a laptop repair store where they had to completely reinstall Windows and which of course wiped everything from my computer. Still working on re-installing all the incidental apps that you pick up. I am definitely with the previous contributor we should be compensated for this mess - its been 2 weeks now and nothing I can see here.

It cost me $80 plus the hassle and time. If they choose not to compensate users for this in some way - I will have to seriously think about continuing as a user of this game.

I don't want to download the game until I hear something positive about the issue being addressed because I don't want to have the same problem where it pooches everything.

Plus I feel bad about our guilds! 2 weeks of non-play? I wouldn't be surprised if many of my characters were booted out of their guilds.

What a mess - or am I being too harsh?

/snip

Plus I feel bad about our guilds! 2 weeks of non-play? I wouldn't be surprised if many of my characters were booted out of their guilds.

What a mess - or am I being too harsh?

It is a mess, but the problem is, is it a swtor mess, or microsoft mess. No one has really said what the issue is, and I think BW are keeping their heads down, so it can be blamed on MS. But even if it does turn out to be BW's fault, there will be no compensation

I wouldn't hold my breath, they don't normally do it, unless it was something they screwed up badly, and even then, it's not compensation as such. IE with the BH week, they just extended it, and the same with other events, no one got any 'compensation'

I rememberwe have had compensation a couple of times over the years for their cockups..This is one of theirs to..It maybe some Week of x2 XP knowing our luck lol

I wouldn't hold my breath, they don't normally do it, unless it was something they screwed up badly, and even then, it's not compensation as such. IE with the BH week, they just extended it, and the same with other events, no one got any 'compensation' [/Quote]

I rememberwe have had compensation a couple of times over the years for their cockups..This is one of theirs to..It maybe some Week of x2 XP knowing our luck lol

we had extra double xp added, or extra event time. I wouldn't really call that compensation...lol. I think they (people looking for it) we more looking for CC's, and someone mentioned a reduced fee for a bit, although that might have been a different post.

I'm still not convinced this was caused by BW, seems to be more of a windows issue. But I'm no expert...lol

Edited by DarkTergon

we had extra double xp added, or extra event time. I wouldn't really call that compensation...lol. I think they (people looking for it) we more looking for CC's, and someone mentioned a reduced fee for a bit, although that might have been a different post.

I'm still not convinced this was caused by BW, seems to be more of a windows issue. But I'm no expert...lol

Hmmmm you May be right,,The amount of different issues is strange.. I do remember getting a few days extra Sub a couple of years ago..

I would say the problem is a Windows 7 issue.

Microsoft ended the support for Windows 7 in January 2020.

In this post http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=985870

Among the few on the list is one Windows 7 player and he have the problem.

It may be time to upgrade to Windows 10. :)

windows 10 64 me and mine was Failed to Update but I was already 4c so I would say the Verify was not working as it could not connect to the Update Server but it started working again 2 days ago..So No Idea.

I'm still afraid to download and re-install the game now that I've put $$ and time into this until we hear from SW team. The last post here was a week ago? and nothing since. I know they want to pull their quarterly fee in 3 weeks, so I figure I have 1 week left before I have to notify them if I want to cancel. I hope we hear something soon, otherwise I feel like I'll have no choice but to cancel. Who wants to pay for 4 months playtime when the game won't start!

Please community team, let us know what's going on and when we can expect some solutions......

The lack of ALACRITY on this issue astounds me, to have a portion of your player base patched out of the game for weeks on end shows a lack of concern for the community. Whoever is in charge needs to pull their head out of their fourth point of contact ( for those who are not former paratroopers that is your ***).....I will cancel my subscription till this is fixed

My friend and I decided to have a rare swtor group-up last night but she encountered the no-play-when-hitting-play issue. I found OwenBrooks post and relayed it to her:

Can confirm this SOLVED the first issue, HOWEVER, she then encountered the bitraider slow-update-preventing-access-play-and-characters issue. The only way to solve that (other than using the Steam platform I think) is to to KILL BITRAIDER. I don't mean just disable, you need to kill it, which will require a reinstall unless you're one of those wizkids that knows how to save the bitraider-free game files). After doing both these steps she could launch and play without any problems.

I killed bitraider months ago after getting the problem myself. Glad I did.

I forgot to say she was running windows 7. :o

I use Windows 10. Still not able to launch the game since that patch. The patch today didn't change anything. :(

Have you updated from Win 7 -> 10 or have you installed a clean Win 10?

If you have updated Win 7 -> 10 will I guess that is the reason. OS updates like that always sucks. The best is a clean install of Win 10.

Edited by RaschRune

Have you updated from Win 7 -> 10 or have you installed a clean Win 10?

If you have updated Win 7 -> 10 will I guess that is the reason. OS updates like that always sucks. The best is a clean install of Win 10.

nope. Computer has Win10 since the start. No Update.

nope. Computer has Win10 since the start. No Update.

Ok, what about do this changes in the launcher file?

{ "Login": ""

, "LastProduct": ""

, "downloadRate": "0"

, "language": "en-us"

, "TestServerAccess": "No"

, "SpecHash": ""

, "AutoClose": "NONE"

, "KillKillProc": "false"

, "LastMode": "PROD"

, "PatchingMode": "{\"swtor\": \"SSN\"}"

, "bitraider_download_complete": { }

, "log_levels": "INFO,SSNFO,ERROR"

, "bitraider_disable": true

, "loglevels": "INFO,SSNFO,ERROR"

, "P2PEnabled": "false"

, "enableRateLimit": "false"

, "uploadRate": "0"

, "HardPatcherMode": "PROD"

}

It can help, full game download..get a movie and wait.

Edited by RaschRune

Game has not started for three weeks now, just going to cancel my sub now and delete the game at this point. Not worth trying to play a game BW doesnt care about anymore. I have tried every single fix in this thread and more and nothing has worked, at this point it feels like Im just shadowbanned by BW.

This was a good game but Im done trying to get this to work. Maybe Ill come back in a couple months and see if its worth playing again, but I have my doubts about it even working then.

Game has not started for three weeks now, just going to cancel my sub now and delete the game at this point. Not worth trying to play a game BW doesnt care about anymore. I have tried every single fix in this thread and more and nothing has worked, at this point it feels like Im just shadowbanned by BW.

This was a good game but Im done trying to get this to work. Maybe Ill come back in a couple months and see if its worth playing again, but I have my doubts about it even working then.

Sorry to loose you but they do care about the game. This is obviously a complicated issue.

This is obviously a complicated issue.

Yes, it seems to be, and it's affecting a good few. But it would be nice if BW kept people up to date, even if it's just a we're still looking in to this type of post. Sometimes little information is better than none. Especially as they've just done a back end maintenance .

Sorry to loose you but they do care about the game.

Maybe, but sometimes it feels like they don't care about the people, all they see is numbers, which is grand for the business part, but when the CS & community managers start treating people like numbers, it's a bad sign.

Of the recent win 10 dxdiags most have been running Win 10 17134 and updating to latest build has resolved the playing issue example - https://answers.ea.com/t5/Technical-Issues/Game-won-t-launch-after-pressing-play/m-p/9730223#M65739%C2%A0

if your windows 10 version is 19041/19042 then send in the Client logs now (the ones in : C:\Program Files (x86)\Electronic Arts\BioWare\Star Wars - The Old Republic\swtor\retailclient\swtor\logs ) these can be sent to QA to try and ascertain the cause

can send the client logs to support@swtor.com if you prefer , just request these to be elevated to qa

Edited by OwenBrooks