The 300 Rating Augments are pointless and not worth getting

Rhys_lightning

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

These things are not just pointless and not worth getting, they are unnecessary and stupid as well. I refuse to participate in getting them, so now im in a situation where I won't do any form of ranked pvp (because doing so without max everything is something I find very rude), and face a theoretical disadvantage in PvP generally. (yes, small, minor, skill makes more of a difference. I know this, and this is why I said theoretical).

I would be deeply interested to see what portion of the player base, per capita, can do dxun NiM with these that couldn't before. If that is the ostensible purpose, surely they've helped a significant population? I seriously doubt it personally, but I suppose anything is possible.

And finally, massive adjustments need to be made or discussed for me to continue my sub after the remaining 19 days. I have zero desire to participate in augment grinding when amplifiers are still with us, unhanged since inception, and casual endgame is still a practical joke of downscaled old content that is kept relevant by dropping max level gear there.

But despite that, adding new augments was still BWs priority. And to add the final nail in the coffin, their advice to people like me was this:

we have a robust trading economy that rewards those who make these scarce materials available either via the Galactic Trade Network or simply trade chat.

The obvious problem that you somehow missed, Mr Schmidt, is that your "robust trading economy that rewards those who make the scare materials avaliable" practically ignores people who don't spent time playing the market. I absolutely despise playing the gtn. Its not even about spending irl money on stuff to sale, since I don't feel like spending my limited play time crafting (which I find about as fascinating as watching paint dry). Its about the fact that when I have time to play, I want to spend it playing and having fun with friends. Not doing stupid boring nonsense to get credits.

And again, im not mad about not being able to get them, I wouldn't get them if I did have 6 billion credits. I'm mad they are ignoring the state of endgame to add another nonsense credit sink. Mr. Schmidt, your priorities are terribly screwed up.

They've already dropped 20% in price on the DM GTN. Now 0.8BN credits each.

I am what I consider moderately rich in game, and so are my guilds but just 1 of these would near bankrupt us. :eek:

Tulak Hord: 1 of these = 10 billionen credits..... lol

These things are not just pointless and not worth getting, they are unnecessary and stupid as well. I refuse to participate in getting them, so now im in a situation where I won't do any form of ranked pvp (because doing so without max everything is something I find very rude), and face a theoretical disadvantage in PvP generally. (yes, small, minor, skill makes more of a difference. I know this, and this is why I said theoretical).

I would be deeply interested to see what portion of the player base, per capita, can do dxun NiM with these that couldn't before. If that is the ostensible purpose, surely they've helped a significant population? I seriously doubt it personally, but I suppose anything is possible.

And finally, massive adjustments need to be made or discussed for me to continue my sub after the remaining 19 days. I have zero desire to participate in augment grinding when amplifiers are still with us, unhanged since inception, and casual endgame is still a practical joke of downscaled old content that is kept relevant by dropping max level gear there.

But despite that, adding new augments was still BWs priority. And to add the final nail in the coffin, their advice to people like me was this:

The obvious problem that you somehow missed, Mr Schmidt, is that your "robust trading economy that rewards those who make the scare materials avaliable" practically ignores people who don't spent time playing the market. I absolutely despise playing the gtn. Its not even about spending irl money on stuff to sale, since I don't feel like spending my limited play time crafting (which I find about as fascinating as watching paint dry). Its about the fact that when I have time to play, I want to spend it playing and having fun with friends. Not doing stupid boring nonsense to get credits.

And again, im not mad about not being able to get them, I wouldn't get them if I did have 6 billion credits. I'm mad they are ignoring the state of endgame to add another nonsense credit sink. Mr. Schmidt, your priorities are terribly screwed up.

I've already decided not to re-up, I'm not rewarding their poor decision making.

Did they add any new story - no.

Did they address address crafting, amplifiers, poorly scaled content, content scaled below player level, the idiocy of Hammer Station and gearing, annoying pop-ups in the UI, or any host of other issues brought up by players - no.

Instead, they addressed a non-issue of some hypothetical tiny population of players running Dxun NiM that just couldn't quite beat the last boss and who would magically find success with a few more stat points, along with moved points around in the conquest system that don't change the outcomes (as in the top guilds still win, players still get their conquest, the total numbers mostly just got larger).

Pointless update is pointless - and just shows the developers are wasting the limited resources available.

Edited by DawnAskham

I've already decided not to re-up, I'm not rewarding their poor decision making.

Did they add any new story - no.

Did they address address crafting, amplifiers, poorly scaled content, content scaled below player level, the idiocy of Hammer Station and gearing, annoying pop-ups in the UI, or any host of other issues brought up by players - no.

Instead, they addressed a non-issue of some hypothetical tiny population of players running Dxun NiM that just couldn't quite beat the last boss and who would magically find success with a few more stat points, along with moved points around in the conquest system that don't change the outcomes (as in the top guilds still win, players still get their conquest, the total numbers mostly just got larger).

Pointless update is pointless - and just shows the developers are wasting the limited resources available.

Sorry to see you go, there have been times I thought about stopping my sub, and maybe one day I will. But of all the reasons, this isn't one that would be the final nail in my sub's coffin. Just keep an eye on the game, maybe the new stuff coming up will pull you back in.

There are selling in the marketplace for 1 billion each. That would mean you would need 14 billion and even I could not afford that. Two ranked pvp grouped does even pop sitting there for hours let alone trying to find a group that willing to do it is ridiculous. Guilds that do mastermode are few are far between and the most active one I found only does up to at most hardmode once a week but mostly does story. Trying to get this gear is impossible due to no guilds doing mastermode ops and extremely few doing ranked. Hardly anyone likes paying 4v4 to be honest but much rather be playing 8v8 even after feedback all these years they still don't implement ability to choose maps you play on. They keep butchering pvp to the point were it's not fun and stupid premade hacker guild manjorlians fly hacking in pvp matches or entire team to try and kill one guy and taking zero damage and winning. This is with other pvp members accross the map so no ones healing him. Edited by zathesis

There are selling in the marketplace for 1 billion each. That would mean you would need 14 billion and even I could not afford that. Two ranked pvp grouped does even pop sitting there for hours let alone trying to find a group that willing to do it is ridiculous. Guilds that do mastermode are few are far between and the most active one I found only does up to at most hardmode once a week but mostly does story. Trying to get this gear is impossible due to no guilds doing mastermode ops and extremely few doing ranked. Hardly anyone likes paying 4v4 to be honest but much rather be playing 8v8 even after feedback all these years they still don't implement ability to choose maps you play on. They keep butchering pvp to the point were it's not fun and stupid premade hacker guild manjorlians fly hacking in pvp matches or entire team to try and kill one guy and taking zero damage and winning. This is with other pvp members accross the map so no ones healing him.

The PvP been trash since they implemented 4 x4, end of disussion!

Who made you lord of the forums. Let the man post what he wants lol

Who made you the lord of lords who can tell other people want to say.....I know this may be difficult for some to understand, the little smilie face, with the tongue sticking out, indicates it's a humours post. But also informational, if the gentleman (or woman) wanted to know that there were actual threads. :D:D:D:D

Yeah the costs on the gtn are so healthy and competitive that just anyone can afford them after all!

/sarcasm

I didn't say they were cheap, or even reasonable, but apart from NiM or Ranked, that is the only place to get them. But 99% of the player base probably will never need them, so most of us won't worry.

buy them from the gtn......

You think 700 mil for one augment is good business ? I have some billions, but I am not THAT stupid...

Bioware made a great decision again. Add mats to content that almost no one does = insane prices on gtn. I don't even think those people actually sell their augments .

I understand the logic of adding them to hard content... Making them drop from MM FP's too would have been pretty reasonable and would have made them affordable also.

So I ask again: No way to get them outside of team ranked and nim ops ? GTN is out of the question...

You think 700 mil for one augment is good business ? I have some billions, but I am not THAT stupid...

Bioware made a great decision again. Add mats to content that almost no one does = insane prices on gtn. I don't even think those people actually sell their augments .

I understand the logic of adding them to hard content... Making them drop from MM FP's too would have been pretty reasonable and would have made them affordable also.

So I ask again: No way to get them outside of team ranked and nim ops ? GTN is out of the question...

I didn't say they were cheap, or even reasonable, but apart from NiM or Ranked, that is the only place to get them (at the moment). But 99% of the player base probably will never need them, so most of us won't worry.

You asked a question , I answered. I agree 100%, the prices are crazy, but people must be buying them.

Edited by DarkTergon

I don't really get the justification for them.

Christ Schmidt has stated (I'm paraphrasing) that the goal of the augments, or the target consumers, are the players who seem to be struggling to clear Nightmare/Master Mode operations.

But the solution seems self evident: Bring back Veteran's Edge stacks. That would be the first thing I would do as a developer if I was seeing a large number of teams failing to clear NiM ops.

But that won't help MM Dxun, you say.

Ahem, weren't the new armor sets introduced with 6.1.2 supposed to deal with that? Again a paraphrase, but the stated intention was that these sets helped with certain mechanics of master mode Dxun, which was why those sets were exclusive drops to that difficulty mode and that operation, other than Renown and Kai Zykken.

And most importantly, if the target audience is the players struggling with NiM Dxun despite the new set boni, why lock half of the required materials behind group ranked?

I dunno, it just seems to be a therapy in search of a disease. The whole "to help progression teams struggling with NiM" justification doesn't seem to fit with the available data.

I was just about in a position gear-wise where I felt comfortable stepping back into pvp again ... I'd avoided ground pvp a lot during the 5.x era because it took me a long time to get the set boni. Then 236 followed by 240 augments came out, and I had to gear up with those to be competitive. Then Ossus came in and messed everything up again. Now, I'm intimidated again. Perhaps that fear is irrational, and the logical side of me says that most unranked warzone encounters don't come down to a couple hundred points' worth of critical rating. Most pvp'ers aren't the billionaires that will be able to routinely afford these things. But now that even the unranked daily and the weekly require wins, I question the validity of that assumption. Because it isn't just the tertiary stat, but the power too.

At some point I'm just going to have to jump in and try. And its not like I have the time to inspect every player in an unranked WZ to see whether they are in 286 or 300 rating augments. But it definitely doesn't encourage me to want to try out ranked, which supposedly the Devs want more participation in ranked.

I guess it all comes down to this: if gear is supposed to provide an edge to people that are struggling, regardless of the content-type, then the gear should be more accessible, not less.

I doubt you'd be surprised if Bioware releases the mats to HM OPS and MM Flashpoints as well in an upcoming patch...:p

That would be so much like them. ;)

True, they have done similar stuff before. But even if they did, I can see more people farming them to sell them, rather than get them, for themselves. I've no issue with that either. If it brings the prices down, and makes it easier to get for people who want them, then it's all good. When the new 306 stuff came out, I made a bunch of them, sold them for a healthy profit, enjoyed it while it lasted. But it didn't bother me when prices dropped, and more people were both getting them and making money from them. This will be the same. Although this time I'm not the one making the killing on the gtn...lol

I don't really get the justification for them.

/snip

There is no real justification for it, we've plenty of theory's of why, but it's speculation.

Some that have popped up are

a replacement for content, a new shiny until they get new story, etc

chris is a pvp person, and wanted to focus on them (but why add parts to NIM, we'll never know)

A stupid credit sink, that will reap a healthy % from GTN sales.

There were others, but I can't remember them.

But as most people have agreed, there is, nor was there ever a valid reason for them.

I doubt you'd be surprised if Bioware releases the mats to HM OPS and MM Flashpoints as well in an upcoming patch...:p

That would be so much like them. ;)

Actually ... IMO there could very easily be future plans for additional "opportunities" to secure mats / or stuff related to the new 300's. At the very least don't be surprised if there isn't some sort of content where the 300's are "needed".

That said .. until such time I personally don't plan on going after them that aggressively.

I'll let them come to me (so to speak). I'll have a lot more fun that way !

I didn't say they were cheap, or even reasonable, but apart from NiM or Ranked, that is the only place to get them. But 99% of the player base probably will never need them, so most of us won't worry.

Seeing as ranked and NiMers had done all existing content before these, they don't need them either.

Seeing as ranked and NiMers had done all existing content before these, they don't need them either.

True, they don't actually need them, but all it takes is for one to get them, and more will follow, especially if it gives that person an edge. I think that's what BW hoped for, that there would be a run on this. We all know, people have them already, and will be using them in ranked, which will have a knock on effect. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯