The 300 Rating Augments are pointless and not worth getting

Rhys_lightning

Now I know the title may sound harsh, but I just can't get over about the new 300 rating augments they've patched into the game, as unsure if Bioware read the forums of how many feel about them, I personally believe the new augments are pointless at this time, and are unfair to get.

For those of you new or not yet checked, the patch 6.1.4, bioware have released new augments to craft, but to craft them, you'll need to have one class that has cybertech to craft a assembly component called a CM-1337, to craft one you'll need 7 OEM-37, 14 RPM-13 and 5 legendary embers, easy right?

No.

For to acquire a OEM-37 you need to do a master mode operation, which I see rarely do unless you're in a pve guild that do these things.

And to acquire a RPM-13 you need to win a game of daily and weekly ranked pvp, but not solo rank. But group ranked, either you trying to force a group to play team ranked, or to be ranked guilds who do these things.

Now this is where Bioware made a giant error and also too made things unfair to the community, as these new augments are both in mix pointless, and unfair.

-"How is the New Augments pointless"?

I compared the stats between a Advanced Augment 74, with a advanced augment 77, here are the differences.

Advanced augment 74

Endurance 144

Mastery 144

Other 108

Advanced augment 77

Endurance 171

Mastery 171

Other 130

Point difference is that Master and power have a +27 and the other depend on what augment you have is +22 now if times them by 14 for the master and power we get 378 mastery and power, a fair boost? maybe. But this is why it's pointless, as 90% of the game is mostly level capped, flashpoints, Operations, even uprisings are capped, those points are going to be reduced either way, which make the new augments pointless at this time.

-"Why is unfair"?

As I said, only way to acquire these new materials, is by doing BOTH ranked group, and mastermode operations, which if you ask me is unfair, some people like to stay to one thing, just because you've split the crafting 50-50 does not mean all are gonna do both (but hey if do both then good for you) but it's not just you have to both pve and pvp, but master mode operations, and grouped ranked pvp, or if can't you could buy one on GTN, which I seen 1 of the materials for just 1 piece alone at 52 million...52, for 1 piece of RPM-13, which would lead to players to go all pay to win at a very very slow rate and waste of credits.

In honesty I feel that these new Augments weren't fully planned through are are a bit too soon, if perhaps started next patch to make us go to level 80 and add a easier and fair way to acquire these materials, then yeah I say they can work.

-"But what would think be more fair"?

As I noticed in the spoils of war vender, you can buy 1 legendary ember for 3000 tech fragments, if now planning to place that as something to buy, why not do that for the rest of the crafting materials? or give bits of the materials.

Or better for those going after the RPM-13 for rewards currently, daily group gets you 1, as weekly group gets you 5, now why cant we give that as rewards for those who play solo? Like Solo get 1 for a daily, and 5 for a weekly, but for those who do group, sure double it 2 daily and 10 weekly, as then it be more fair, and gives those who do solo a fair chance.

For the operations, as said it's not easy joining in a group who do master mode operations, instead for pve content, why not offer least 1-2 OEM-37 for those who do weekly flash points? and for those who do operations, completing a Operation on any difficulty rewards you the amount of OEM-37?

For in my Opinion I feel like this is the better way to make the Augments more fair to acquire, and make it worth ones time to acquire them, I would like to hear what you all think, would something like this make the new augments worth getting? And Bioware, if you do read this, then please take this into account and rethink upon the choices you made, and think for all in the community, even the little guy.

Edited by Rhys_lightning

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

as said thought i get it out my system

This has been said s few times , in many threads, even on the pts, but they still went ahead with it. People are still buying them, and chasing the dog to get them /shrug

As I noticed in the spoils of war vender, you can buy 1 legendary ember for 3000 tech fragments, if now planning to place that as something to buy, why not do that for the rest of the crafting materials? or give bits of the materials.

They probably threw this in as people were complaining that they had too many and couldn't spend them. Personally I would have preferred more decos. I think 3k is a bit much for one, but people who don't need the tech frags will probably buy them to sell on the gtn.

Oh not worried :) just like to point out by adding results, they probably should've wait like say when level 80? xD

There's a couple of theory's as to why now, one is because of the content drought, they need to be seen as doing something, another was that it's a credit sink. There was a few others going around, can't remember what.

But, yup, they could have waited

Oh not worried :) just like to point out by adding results, they probably should've wait like say when level 80? xD

I really don't like those level cap raises. I wish they'd stop doing them. As for the augments I think the whole concept of it is wrong. So even with a delay the core problems remain. First of all it's the cost of them and the second is that you have to do two opposite types of content (ranked warzones and NiM Ops). And both of those types of content are rather niche.

Therefore this gear upgrade is maybe relevant for 5% of the player base or less. And that's a very odd thing to do. Now, they could've added more tiers to the gear...you know add 312 rating gear or whatever...however, they have the problem there of the amplifiers. A problem they designed themselves. Cause with a gear tier upgrade it would mean that people would have to re-amplify their gear and that's a costly affair.

So the best thing they could've done is to add a new gear of augments that was harder to get than the current ones but not as hard as they have done now. They just went from say a difficulty 3 to a 10 instead of a 5 or 6. The current costs are too prohibitive as well as the content where you get these and you need many of them.

All in all, for me, it's not a matter of when but of what and how.

Now I know the title may sound harsh, but I just can't get over about the new 300 rating augments they've patched into the game, as unsure if Bioware read the forums of how many feel about them, I personally believe the new augments are pointless at this time, and are unfair to get.

For those of you new or not yet checked, the patch 6.1.4, bioware have released new augments to craft, but to craft them, you'll need to have one class that has cybertech to craft a assembly component called a CM-1337, to craft one you'll need 7 OEM-37, 14 RPM-13 and 5 legendary embers, easy right?

No.

For to acquire a OEM-37 you need to do a master mode operation, which I see rarely do unless you're in a pve guild that do these things.

And to acquire a RPM-13 you need to win a game of daily and weekly ranked pvp, but not solo rank. But group ranked, either you trying to force a group to play team ranked, or to be ranked guilds who do these things.

Now this is where Bioware made a giant error and also too made things unfair to the community, as these new augments are both in mix pointless, and unfair.

-"How is the New Augments pointless"?

I compared the stats between a Advanced Augment 74, with a advanced augment 77, here are the differences.

Advanced augment 74

Endurance 144

Mastery 144

Other 108

Advanced augment 77

Endurance 171

Mastery 171

Other 130

Point difference is that Master and power have a +27 and the other depend on what augment you have is +22 now if times them by 14 for the master and power we get 378 mastery and power, a fair boost? maybe. But this is why it's pointless, as 90% of the game is mostly level capped, flashpoints, Operations, even uprisings are capped, those points are going to be reduced either way, which make the new augments pointless at this time.

-"Why is unfair"?

As I said, only way to acquire these new materials, is by doing BOTH ranked group, and mastermode operations, which if you ask me is unfair, some people like to stay to one thing, just because you've split the crafting 50-50 does not mean all are gonna do both (but hey if do both then good for you) but it's not just you have to both pve and pvp, but master mode operations, and grouped ranked pvp, or if can't you could buy one on GTN, which I seen 1 of the materials for just 1 piece alone at 52 million...52, for 1 piece of RPM-13, which would lead to players to go all pay to win at a very very slow rate and waste of credits.

In honesty I feel that these new Augments weren't fully planned through are are a bit too soon, if perhaps started next patch to make us go to level 80 and add a easier and fair way to acquire these materials, then yeah I say they can work.

-"But what would think be more fair"?

Or better for those going after the RPM-13 for rewards currently, daily group gets you 1, as weekly group gets you 5, now why cant we give that as rewards for those who play solo? Like Solo get 1 for a daily, and 5 for a weekly, but for those who do group, sure double it 2 daily and 10 weekly, as then it be more fair, and gives those who do solo a fair chance.

For the operations, as said it's not easy joining in a group who do master mode operations, instead for pve content, why not offer least 1-2 OEM-37 for those who do weekly flash points? and for those who do operations, completing a Operation on any difficulty rewards you the amount of OEM-37?

For in my Opinion I feel like this is the better way to make the Augments more fair to acquire, and make it worth ones time to acquire them, I would like to hear what you all think, would something like this make the new augments worth getting? And Bioware, if you do read this, then please take this into account and rethink upon the choices you made, and think for all in the community, even the little guy.

How about no?

If you don't participate in Dxun NiM or Ranked pvp you don't need it. If you really want it, you can buy from gtn. Easy as that.

Is mat requirements high? Yes. Should it be Team Ranked or NiM pve ? Yes. Should solo players get it? Definitely no.

How about no?

If you don't participate in Dxun NiM or Ranked pvp you don't need it. If you really want it, you can buy from gtn. Easy as that.

Is mat requirements high? Yes. Should it be Team Ranked or NiM pve ? Yes. Should solo players get it? Definitely no.

welll, Why shouldnt they?

What you dont seem to understand is that there are people of differnet skill level playing this game.

There are those that are struggling in NiM, but also those that are struggling in HM.

For some reason you belive that those who are struggling in Dxuun NiM are entitled to a crutch (augments) But those who struggle in HM mode is not. How come? Whats the the difference?

And...

Does it bother you that other player has the same gear as you?

Are youre enjoyment of playing the game lessened by that?

Does it affect your playing experience in the least?

welll, Why shouldnt they?

What you dont seem to understand is that there are people of differnet skill level playing this game.

There are those that are struggling in NiM, but also those that are struggling in HM.

For some reason you belive that those who are struggling in Dxuun NiM are entitled to a crutch (augments) But those who struggle in HM mode is not. How come? Whats the the difference?

And...

Does it bother you that other player has the same gear as you?

Are youre enjoyment of playing the game lessened by that?

Does it affect your playing experience in the least?

While I agree they should make these augments more available to the rest of the player base, I'm sure some do believe that those in NiM are the only ones that need it for one other reason. A sense of Ego that they have some gear piece (or augment in this case) that others can't get.

Everything in the current tier can be cleared by the current gear system without the need of any boost.

If you struggling in hard mode, new augments or any kinda gear not gonna help you clearing gods.

What is a solo player only doing nim fp or hm pve need the augments for? Only reason they want is that they are there.

Game is already giving BiS gear with fp farming. What is end player gets? Achievements, titles, mounts, we already got them years and years ago. Some people have 30 + Brontes wings.

So the game is trying to do 2 new things with these augments :

1 - Make the end game PvE'rs participate in Team Ranked. Cause population is so low that they need to.

2 - Make not end game players participate in End game Content so they can get the new shiny things.

If you give a solo player able to obtain any kinda way to do it solo, all-purpose of the augments is in vain.

Let me repeat myself, you don't need them, but if you want them you need to step up get out of your comfort zone. Which is the purpose, make more players participate in end game content.

Edited by lord-angelus

The whole game is full of idiocy right now.

The highest stat gear can be obtained BEFORE ever setting foot in the most difficult content.

The vast majority of content is five years old or older.

The vast majority of content isn't even scaled to level cap.

Now we have augments which require mats from the two least played activities, with no new / more difficult content.

I'm not going to keep paying for this half arsed crap - going back preferred again.

For some reason you belive that those who are struggling in Dxuun NiM are entitled to a crutch (augments) But those who struggle in HM mode is not.

What you don't seem to understand is that the discussion is more about 300 augments versus 276/286. Nobody who is "struggling" in OPs or MM FPs is going to suddenly get through it because they replaced their 276 augments with 300s. The stat boost isn't enough to make that much difference.

So basically, the small stat boost might make a difference in PvP. In NiM OPs they might make things a bit easier or quicker, but not much.

In MM FPs, they wouldn't make enough difference to matter, no matter what your skill level is.

When you add up the stat bonus from the augments don't think of it as just 300 augments x 14 but rather (300 x 14) - (276 x 14).

Edited by JediQuaker

The whole game is full of idiocy right now.

The highest stat gear can be obtained BEFORE ever setting foot in the most difficult content.

The vast majority of content is five years old or older.

The vast majority of content isn't even scaled to level cap.

Now we have augments which require mats from the two least played activities, with no new / more difficult content.

I'm not going to keep paying for this half arsed crap - going back preferred again.

A fair summary. I can't play this game as preferred but I fully understand you.

They exist so that the min/maxing PvP types can out-uber each other.

PvE types have no reason to give a damn about the new augs.

I'm not sure about other servers but on my server (DM), the amount of mats on sale between the NiM mats and PvP mats is just barely a page of NiM mats and 13 pages of PvP mats. I checked an hour or two ago.

I find that telling because there aren't nearly as many NiM mats available as there should be. It should be about half the mats considering the crafting requires 7 of the NiM mats and 14 of the PvP mats.

At the same time the NiM players appear not to be very good traders because the NiM mats are even cheaper than the PvP mats. Let's see how long it takes for them to catch on that they're undercharging.

Incidentally the prices bottomed out last week at around 25-30M each. And now they're back up to the 40M mark. So apparently someone is buying them. I've seen about a page of 77 augments as well. They cost 775M credits or more. I see the names that I saw a few days ago when there were even less on sale so it doesn't appear they sold at their initial price of 850M or so. Then again, I can't imagine anyone buying them at that price. Not even people who have billions. I mean you do need 14 of em in the end.

The new augments are completely stupid. If you're at the skill level where you can reliably get the mats from this content because you clear MM bosses/win Ranked over 50% of the time, what do you want with +20 stat augments in a game where you've done all they can think of at the moment anyway?

Though I do have an answer for that...My theory is that all the hype for getting these augs is only because of 2 things:

1. PvP was always like this really, but the other endgame content difficulty is mostly becoming a numbers game, where the game devs are too understaffed or unprepared to make competent, bug-free mechanics based on strategy in new PvE content so they have to resort to rewarding raiders who have the tippy-top stats. The augments will theoretically give them an edge, but one that, again, they've clearly shown they don't need and will only apply to 5% of the game's population, unless BW plans on another pointless cap increase where the additional stats are suddenly necessary for more endgame players.

2. The uber GTN traders are having a ball with the new augments, simply because right now they can guild up and wintrade to get a mat, then sell it for an obscene amount of credits. My PvE raid team recently tried to do ranked for this reason, but the honest way, and got our butts handed to us almost every match.

Aside: I'm not a competent PvP deathmatch player, I'm just not. There's too much chaos and frames flashing across my screen when the fighting starts for me to keep to any strategy or tips I learn about, and at that point I'm fighting blind with my hands smashing the keyboard. I dropped out that night after 2 matches because it would just make me and the helpful Ranked tutor more irritated with every one of the countless mistakes I was going to make; no amount of fake game money is going to make up for the stress of that environment.

Of these 2 reasons, I'm pretty sure the new credit market is the main driver for trying to get these mats, but it's going to crash once most people realize there aren't enough people that will bother with the augments to sell them reliably. It's still a stupid thing to put in as a reward for completing the most challenging content in the game. At that point far more rewards should be of the cosmetic/entertaining gimmick variety, not the performance variety.

Edited by MagicTerror

I'm not sure about other servers but on my server (DM), the amount of mats on sale between the NiM mats and PvP mats is just barely a page of NiM mats and 13 pages of PvP mats. I checked an hour or two ago.

I find that telling because there aren't nearly as many NiM mats available as there should be. It should be about half the mats considering the crafting requires 7 of the NiM mats and 14 of the PvP mats.

There are less NiM players than Ranked PvP, not to mention, some guilds are putting teams of ranked players together to grind for the mats. Much easier to have pvp teams, then NiM teams. The market on SF is pretty high at the moment, or at least when last looked, they hadn't gone below 50 mill, while the augs themselves are about 800 mill.

Fair play to anyone who managed to sell one, personally I would waste my credits, but if I had them, I'd sell them...lol

That is a good thing. It allows you to tackle the most difficult content with the highest stat gear. Players have been conditioned by MMORPGs to getting best gear after doing toughest content. That’s wrong imo. People should do toughest content for the fun of it and the challenge.

If you want/need/desire the next level of gear, you'll either :

work for it by jumping through the hoops of PVE and PVP.

work to earn the credits for it,

resort to getting credits legitimately ( selling CM items)

or on the black market ( from credit sellers in return for IRL cash)

IMHO these augments weren't necessary. Making the bar so high to obtain them means they'll have limited appeal and for those that absolutely need BiS they'll go to any lengths to obtain them.

However, these things will either be irrelevant or obsolete within a relatively short time, so it'll be a lot of effort expended on a short-lived thing.

My hope is that a new tier of Augments doesn't harm PVP.

However, people have argued mainly against a new Augment tier on the PTS forum, but it was ignored. No discussion, no rethink, no reduction of mats required to craft them, no change in accessibility or affordability, no consideration of how it could encourage people to use credit sellers.....Nothing.

If they absolutely had to have new gear, why not let people craft them from current mats, embers, tech fragments, isotopes and such. So we can all offload any excesses we have and trade for the ones we don't.

However, these things will either be irrelevant or obsolete within a relatively short time, so it'll be a lot of effort expended on a short-lived thing.

Chances are the next increase in level/gear won't be till the anniversary stuff they've planned next year, so these augs will be top for a while.

My hope is that a new tier of Augments doesn't harm PVP.

Most of us hope that, but we know there are people who've already got them, and are using them, especially in ranked, and if their name starts appearing on the leader board, will have a rush to get them.

However, people have argued mainly against a new Augment tier on the PTS forum, but it was ignored. .

We've argued about a lot of stuff on the PTS, that gets ignored, and still goes live. it's why so many people don't bother with the PTS, because they rarely listen

If they absolutely had to have new gear, why not let people craft them from current mats, embers, tech fragments, isotopes and such. So we can all offload any excesses we have and trade for the ones we don't.

It was never NEEDED, ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ 🤷

It was never NEEDED, ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ 🤷

It seems like a lot of stuff that was never needed often got lots of developer time, and made it to the live game. Some stuff got huge amount of studio time and was all but ignored, hated or bypassed. - Uprisings, Vandinball, star fortresses, KoTET &c. anyone been to Darvannis or Iokath recently? Anyone still doing 2 WB on Ossus?

I also agree that PTS is an utter waste of time. If they want us to do their beta testing for free and then ignore any suggestions - reasonable, QoL or otherwise, what was the point. Let them test it themselves.

:rak_01:

Edited by Storm-Cutter