The Best View in SWTOR contest has returned! ×

MODDABLE "orange" quality gear ONLY for levels 1-49, very disapointed :-(

Rheemus

• Replies 589
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This type of thing just reinforces my opinion of playing each class i like to level cap to see all the stories and then quitting. no harm no foul, because there are other games competing for my money.

same. For me it's all about how my character looks. Nothing draws me into a game more than a character I can personalize to my own taste.

Conversely, I will quit a game no matter how good it seems to be if I have to stare at an ugly character.

An appearance tab is necessary. This orange mod gear is a complete joke when it comes to personalizing my own look.

I kept my LoTR account active for over a year and rarely touched it because my character looked awesome. I customized her looks, hung around town a bit and bought things, then logged off. I never really adventured during that last 15+ months I held my subscription.

Same with my DCUO. I kept that active long after I stopped playing until it went free to play. I just loved the way my characters looked.

In this game no look draws my attention. They all look like poorly dressed World of Warcraft characters! Especially some of the end game sets. It's horrible and the reason I canceled my account.

If Bioware says "hey we are developing an appearance tab" I'll reactivate my account right now even if I don't play seriously.

It's really saddening that you cant wear modified pvp gear at 50 atm :/

Modified armor needs to have 100% the same stats potential as top pvp gear, otherwise it would be gimped.

When i saw how ugly the best pvp gear looked for sentinels and guardians especially, i seriously wanted to cancel my sub. It looks truly crap.

Modified armor needs to have 100% the same stats potential as top pvp gear, otherwise it would be gimped.

When i saw how ugly the best pvp gear looked for sentinels and guardians especially, i seriously wanted to cancel my sub. It looks truly crap.

same, I had enough of looking like crap in WoW.

2) It will be made into a "Tier Behind" system where when the next Tier of Operations Gear is released, the previous Tier will be "unlocked" allowing those mods to be put into Orange gear and/or sent to Alts.

I was having the same thought. I'd consider this a likely.

So 99% percent of optimal is how you define "gimped"?

Personally, I think a few percent should be fine and would be largely imperceptible if not watching the numbers. Typically I don't worry much until I begin to get beyond 5% off on my gear.

I honestly had the same feeling on the trooper gear.

So 99% percent of optimal is how you define "gimped"?

Personally, I think a few percent should be fine and would be largely imperceptible if not watching the numbers. Typically I don't worry much until I begin to get beyond 5% off on my gear.

I agree with your sig.

Again they said that "equivalent" mods would be dropping from raids, though they are not dropping for now as far as we have had drops.

Also there is like i said no equivalent to this for PVP gear, so your stuck with the gear and how it looks, an my oh my does most of the PVP gear look TERRIBLE, also look at most of the raid gear its HORRIBLE looking much worse than your level 1-10 starter sets, people in beta already complained about this in hundreds of posts.

Whats even more just plain out stupid is, i just discovered i cant even remove my purple color crystal from my PVP champions light saber...... i dont even see what the problem is here its a color change and that is all !

Sorry but i am getting slightly agitated of the lead developers "solutions", i fell they are destroying their own game with not thought through "solutions" like this.

You guys need to relax. They will obviously address this issue soon enough, just like they did with level 50s in PvP. Roll an alt or something for the next month if you have so much time that you're worried about looking like a 50 tiered out clone while most casuals are still trying to get their first 50.

As much as I hate looking like everyone else, at least it's a good day to be a trooper. Trooper pvp armor doesn't look that bad.

They already mentioned adding to armor customization. I'm sure the dev's are aware of this and working on it.

This is a rather important issue for me. I am a huge fan of options and can only see huge potential in the moddable gear system. I sincerely hope the intent of including orange gear throughout the leveling experience, getting the player acclimated to a system where orange gear is the highest reward, is that at some time it will be fully implemented into endgame as well.

In what would be my ideal scenario all end game epics would become orange quality gear with the armor mod being what carried the set bonuses. Also that the raid gear armor mods would be insanely expensive to remove, upwards of 200k each, so that to attain a look you want over what was intended would wind up costing the dedicated individual around 1m creds.

I can only dream. :csw_alderaan:

It's amazing how this came to be. The need for appearance tab and the pro's for it were widely presented for a year and prolly half more even before the game launched, in myriad of threads, thousands of posts regarding it, thousands of people supporting it in polls. Bioware stood silent about it on the forums and pretty much everywhere else.

"Don't worry about it. We have top men working on it all"

Sorry, who and working with what exactly?

"Top, men"

Right'o. Looks like it payed off nicely to **** things up by climbing up to the tree with your butt first, top men.

Edit: Quotes are not actual quotes from any BW presentative but an sardonic figurative display of the attitude BW shared regarding this issue, in my opinion, naturally.

References:

Edited by Beansoup

This game badly needs an appearance tab on top of the moddable system in place.

As it is right now, the moddable system has essentially left players having to vendor trash most green and blue gear....and now, the useless orange gear once you are lvl 50.

The first week of this game was awesome as players, not knowing better, kept buying all the greens and blues i got from questing. It was an awesome extra source of income...now that MOST players know that you can just mod the orange gear, most of my greens and blues dont sell in the AH anymore :(

Modding is too easy at the moment... this would be easily fixed if mods were bound to slot

e.g 'Helmet Armoring', 'Chest armoring', 'Bracers Mod' etc

Firstly this would allow mods to be removable on raid gear as you wouldn't be able to farm stuff to deck out every piece of gear you have.

Secondly this would make end game mod crafting actually useful. If you got bracer/chest/boot mods from cybertech/artifice crafting and helmet/legs/glove mods from commendation vendors, those professions would have some endgame value without removing the need to earn commendations.

This is very sad news to hear. I thought that the moddable gear was one of the best parts of the game to be honest.

I thought, 'Finally, I'll be able to look the way I want at endgame and not have a circus on my shoulders.'

It wouldn't be so bad if the endgame gear didn't look so disappointing like in every MMO, ya know, ever.

I think a good fix would be the 'keep high end mods restricted by slot' idea.

I really don't see why they can't just have modding and an appearance tab, mods and enhancements are basically the equive of enchanting and gems, and armoring/barrel/hilt seem to be like legacy armor, legit til max level. It's really not that innovative. Appearance tab, off the bat, would've been a nicew change, mod system is a hassel, til you hit 50, then a moderate convenience.

Just make all raid epics modable, or add epic mods as drops, or a combination of both.

Set bonuses? link those to number of X armoring wearing ATM instead of equipment pieces.

ie. If wearing two equipment pieces modded with the "Awesome Raid Might Armoring T1" type, grant the two pieces bonus.

The raw stat equipment advancement line is fine for leveling and to a lesser extent crafting (it needs a few tweaks though), not so much in the long run.

I really don't see why they can't just have modding and an appearance tab, mods and enhancements are basically the equive of enchanting and gems, and armoring/barrel/hilt seem to be like legacy armor, legit til max level. It's really not that innovative. Appearance tab, off the bat, would've been a nicew change, mod system is a hassel, til you hit 50, then a moderate convenience.

Because there are two competing values in this equation. One is the desire for total customization, and the other is the desire for recognition.

MMOs have traditionally used set pieces to allow for easy, immediate visual identification of a character's Class, and achievement level. The former is important for PVP and fulfills the same function as heraldry in ye olden days, and the latter is more of the PVE "look what I did" factor.

I assume the same recognition factor is one of the reasons why Lightsaber vs Dual Saber vs Double Saber is restricted by AC. You see the saber, you know what is coming at you. While two ACs use standard Lightsabers, they also have different armor and if all else fails, the one running at you is a Knight :-p

So, how can you balance Customization AND Recognition in the same package? That is the 64k $ question.

Modding is too easy at the moment... this would be easily fixed if mods were bound to slot

e.g 'Helmet Armoring', 'Chest armoring', 'Bracers Mod' etc

Firstly this would allow mods to be removable on raid gear as you wouldn't be able to farm stuff to deck out every piece of gear you have.

Secondly this would make end game mod crafting actually useful. If you got bracer/chest/boot mods from cybertech/artifice crafting and helmet/legs/glove mods from commendation vendors, those professions would have some endgame value without removing the need to earn commendations.

lol, funny thing is it was exactly like that in beta six months ago...