The Best View in SWTOR contest has returned! ×

10th anniversary-what can we expect?

LanceDefender

BW on streams said that 10th anniversary will be big, exciting and worth waiting. So how do you think, what can we expect for that?

Most probably it will be among other things one big story update/semi-expansion, but not 7.0 because I don't think they wouls end Onslaught story in 3 updates, 6.0, 6.1, 6.2.

But also what?

Another large event similiar with size to DvL? (But not DvL itself, they said maybe after 10th anni)

Another Stronghold? One bigger or maybe two smaller or maybe one bigger and one smaller? Dread Palace and Space Station?

New Operation or two?

Completely new activity type?

What else?

How do you think?

Or maybe e.g I'm too overhyped and it'll be nothing really epic?

Yes I did realize. But it doesn't mean we can't talk, speculate about it, right?

I speculate they'll have lots of new decos, new cartel specials, cartel sales, more advertising bars, cantinas that say how brilliant they are while actually do nothing....oh and a five minute cutscene which will have a massive patch that will mess up some obscure file, which just happens to control important stuff, so they'll spend two months, adding more patching, breaking other stuff, while trying to fix that....oh wait we've already had that...guess they'll have to up their game

*sarcastic post*, for those who just don't understand* :rolleyes:

You realize we have over a year for the 10th anniversary right? That is in Dec 2021.

Respectfully ... if it takes 5 years to develop what was only the first few "chapters" in this game it most assuredly reasonable to conclude that it would take at least 1 - 2 years to develop a large volume of content for the 10th anniversary. For additional content the size and proportion of what we have seen since (and including ) JUS ... at least a few months ? (maybe) ?

Hmmmm

I see your point ...

never mind !

I'm sure they've been hard at work making plenty of story for it, CM items, sub reward of some sort if you've been a sub for all 10 years or one just set for if you sub for like Nov-Dec of 2021. Hopefully new Ops, FP's, GSF maps, PvP maps.

I know this is silly, but I'm hoping we get a 3.0 style expansion that has new things for every gaming style.

Edit: The realist in me isn't buying this either, but I can dream I suppose.

Edited by Toraak

I'm sure they've been hard at work making plenty of story for it, CM items, sub reward of some sort if you've been a sub for all 10 years or one just set for if you sub for like Nov-Dec of 2021. Hopefully new Ops, FP's, GSF maps, PvP maps.

I know this is silly, but I'm hoping we get a 3.0 style expansion that has new things for every gaming style.

Edit: The realist in me isn't buying this either, but I can dream I suppose.

There are several things I'm personally hoping for:

1. New class ( I think I've mentioned that a time or two over the last 14 months)

2. Space station S H.

3. New companions (complete with stories and quests that are VERY definitive in character development)

4. New companion customizations (some for those that have been around for a while w/o any ... ie Lana B. )

5. Updated game engine (if possible)

6. Literally dozens of bugs that are in need of attention

7. (AS posted in another thread) ... More frequent development of the story ... and with more depth and length.

IMO ... there are other items (such as ALL of those that you mentioned) that are of equal importance. In short ... entirely too much of the game has gradually been ignored to the point where we need a large infusion of time, money and effort to really see this game rock n' roll !!

The up side of this is ... IF what you and I are discussing happens ... OH MY !! Katy bar the door !! They will NEED at least 4 MORE major servers (including one for Australia and those that would benefit from such !)

Edited by OlBuzzard

I'm not really sure what people expect. If you watched the last livestream, they made a few things clear:

1. They have no clue what they're doing for the 10th year anniversary yet.

2. What they're considering is going to be comparable to DvL in scope and scale.

You can see this conversation happen around 27:00 on the stream here: https://www.twitch.tv/videos/686399765

Can we get a CONSOLE release, JEDI TUNIC'S WHICH ACTUALLY MAKE YOU LOOK LIKE A JEDI, A new Padawan Comp that's Male . . . return of pre 2.0 NAMED WEAPONS AS A SHELL, and TUNING SLOTS ADDED TO MORE OF THE ORIGINAL IN GAME QUESTLINE WEAPONS, and a WEAPON SLOT ADDED TO OUTFIT DESIGNER .

Can we get a CONSOLE release, JEDI TUNIC'S WHICH ACTUALLY MAKE YOU LOOK LIKE A JEDI, A new Padawan Comp that's Male . . . return of pre 2.0 NAMED WEAPONS AS A SHELL, and TUNING SLOTS ADDED TO MORE OF THE ORIGINAL IN GAME QUESTLINE WEAPONS, and a WEAPON SLOT ADDED TO OUTFIT DESIGNER .

Not asking for much are you...lol

Console.....Would be a great idea, and has been asked for over and over, not just here, but every time anything goes up on twitter or facebook. But I doubt they'd put in the resources to do it.

Thought we had jedi tunics.....So not sure if you are looking for specific styles, or lore like ones.

a new padawan? for everyone or class specific?

2.0 weapon shells, would be nice, has been asked for multiple times, could be incorporated into a vendor for older items.

Tuning slots on the older weapons, I agree with, could/should have them on all weapons.

A weapons slot on it's own rather than attached to the outfit slot would be a better idea, as put forth by other users.

THIS! :p

You know the whole dev team just fell about the floor laughing ;)

Edited by DarkTergon

I expect a re-colored speeder or droid for throwing thousands of snowballs, a forgettable title for hugging 10,000 wookies, and a few over priced "anniversary exclusive" items in the Cartel Market.

Anyone who has been around the last 9 anniversaries should know not to expect much more than that.

36.7 ... actually !

;)

I just spoke to the dev team. They can make it 35.7 minutes long. They were indeed planning to make it 30 mins but they will accommodate us with these extra minutes. Something to do with skytroopers but they didn't want to say more than that.

Nice! It'll be definitely worth waiting so long for 35,7 minutes of story XD

Funny is I'd like to see again Skytroopers, Zakuul and Iokath. I want finally to conquer these planets got Zakuul SH and Skytrooper companion. Maybe even Iokath SH or Eternal Fleet warship/flagship SH.

I just spoke to the dev team. They can make it 35.7 minutes long. They were indeed planning to make it 30 mins but they will accommodate us with these extra minutes. Something to do with skytroopers but they didn't want to say more than that.

"Skytroopers" ??? Probably 30 minutes of the new content will be multiple waves of "trooper attacks" !

:eek::eek::eek: