Maintenance: July 28, 2020

CommunityTeam

Players now receive a Leaver Penalty when leaving Unranked Warzone. They will not be able to queue for 15 minutes.

This is *********** stupid and you should have *********** realized it already. Do you even play unranked? The leavers are not the main problem, people not playing objectives correctly are. And this sure as hell is not gonna fix it, but will force me to torelate a clearly hopeless match because I will be damned If I will wait 15 min between my matches. I may just as well give up on PvP entirely, since its the only thing I do in this game anymore besides team raiding.

Thanks for nothing, Bioware. If it wasn't for my raid team I would be unsubbing right now.

Edited by Gelious

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This is *********** stupid and you should have *********** realized it already. Do you even play unranked? The leavers are not the main problem, people not playing objectives correctly are. And this sure as hell is not gonna fix it, but will force me to torelate a clearly hopeless match because I will be damned If I will wait 15 min between my matches. I may just as well give up on PvP entirely, since its the only thing I do in this game anymore besides team raiding.

Thanks for nothing, Bioware. If it wasn't for my raid team I would be unsubbing right now.

we threw a riot over it and got noncommittal response about "investigating" adding a match selection option, but lost the battle in the thread that has, unsurprisingly, devolved into a regs v ranked debacle. The point about, say, back-filing into a 4-0 huttball where everyone has stopped trying to score, but are death matching mid was totally ignored.

Edited by KendraP

Hi folks,

As previously mentioned, here are the fixes that will go live tomorrow, Tuesday 28th, with patch 6.1.2d.

• The Tour De Beast Achievement from the “Nature of Progress” Operation is now working as intended.
  • The Ventilation Station in “The Nature of Progress” Operation is no longer consuming all the charges of the battery as intended.
  • Corrected the German name for the Meteor Brawler boots.
  • Purple team icons are no longer displayed as white in Warzones.
  • Players should no longer be able to travel to their Stronghold from PvP matches as intended.
  • Players now receive a Leaver Penalty when leaving Unranked Warzone. They will not be able to queue for 15 minutes.
  • Players above level 10 are now receiving rewards after completing Galactic Starfighter matches as intended.

• Nar Shaddaa Nightlife event fixes:
    • The NPC to complete the step "Travel to Marked Site" from the "Counterfeit Tokens - Nar Shaddaa" Mission is now visible.
    • Emperor's Grace Slot machines are no longer stuck in a winning state, preventing players from interacting with them.
    • Players can now interact with the Kingpin Slot machines.
    • The "Red Zone" map from the "Counterfeit Tokens - Mek-Sha" Mission on the Imperial side is now displaying correct information.
    • Corrected an issue where an unintended error message is displayed if there is no target selected when using the Mission item to complete the "Buy In, Sell Out" Mission.
    • Corrected an issue where players didn’t receive any rewards attached to the mail when completing the Imperial or Republic "Counterfeit Tokens - Mek-Sha" Mission.
    • Players are no longer kicked out of their conversation when other players choose the fighting option in the "Counterfeit Tokens - Mek-Sha" Mission.

The complete patch notes will be posted tomorrow here: Patch Notes.

A leaver timer for pvp but still cant bother to fix bugs that have been around forever like being unable to leap to someone in the endzone in huttball or the fact that the warmonger utility completely breaks the CD of leap and basically gives it a double CD time.

I don't really mind the leaver penalty, but I wish you guys would fix other gamebreaking stuff first.

Edited by Raansu

Hi folks,

As previously mentioned, here are the fixes that will go live tomorrow, Tuesday 28th, with patch 6.1.2d.

• The Tour De Beast Achievement from the “Nature of Progress” Operation is now working as intended.
  • The Ventilation Station in “The Nature of Progress” Operation is no longer consuming all the charges of the battery as intended.
  • Corrected the German name for the Meteor Brawler boots.
  • Purple team icons are no longer displayed as white in Warzones.
  • Players should no longer be able to travel to their Stronghold from PvP matches as intended.
  • Players now receive a Leaver Penalty when leaving Unranked Warzone. They will not be able to queue for 15 minutes.
  • Players above level 10 are now receiving rewards after completing Galactic Starfighter matches as intended.

• Nar Shaddaa Nightlife event fixes:
    • The NPC to complete the step "Travel to Marked Site" from the "Counterfeit Tokens - Nar Shaddaa" Mission is now visible.
    • Emperor's Grace Slot machines are no longer stuck in a winning state, preventing players from interacting with them.
    • Players can now interact with the Kingpin Slot machines.
    • The "Red Zone" map from the "Counterfeit Tokens - Mek-Sha" Mission on the Imperial side is now displaying correct information.
    • Corrected an issue where an unintended error message is displayed if there is no target selected when using the Mission item to complete the "Buy In, Sell Out" Mission.
    • Corrected an issue where players didn’t receive any rewards attached to the mail when completing the Imperial or Republic "Counterfeit Tokens - Mek-Sha" Mission.
    • Players are no longer kicked out of their conversation when other players choose the fighting option in the "Counterfeit Tokens - Mek-Sha" Mission.

The complete patch notes will be posted tomorrow here: Patch Notes.

No fix to the Crafting bug that’s reduced my crafters back to 600 lvl from 700?

A leaver timer for pvp but still cant bother to fix bugs that have been around forever like being unable to leap to someone in the endzone in huttball or the fact that the warmonger utility completely breaks the CD of leap and basically gives it a double CD time.

I don't really mind the leaver penalty, but I wish you guys would fix other gamebreaking stuff first.

The leap bug really does need to be fixed. It’s been 4 years now. :(

Hi folks,

You know what BW? You suck.

Are you killing your own playerbase intentionally?

Unranked is even less worthy to play than before.

10/10, god, 10/10. Your players are not receiving rewards for GSF and that during GSF week, your servers are lagging because of influx of steam players and poor support, but instead of creating australian/asian server and fixing what's really needs to be done you were working on Nightlife event nobody cares about and on punishing your own players again, this time it's unnecessary unranked nonsense.

Good job.

Edited by Kraysk

What a load of bollocks. I really hoped they would reconsider this until they put an unranked WZ selection in place, based on the response to all our feedback in this thread. I wonder if the full patchnotes will say that they are removing Vandin and Quesh Huttball maps as stated in the BW Post.

On the bright side, ranked experienced premades will rule even more in unranked than they do now.

This leavers debuff really is a big risk to take. It could work and improve pvp pops and balance, but it is just as likely to have a negative affect and have less people playing. I wish they wouldn’t take such a big risk with pvp before fixing the reasons people want to leave in the first place. They are running the risk of kill it more.

Players now receive a Leaver Penalty when leaving Unranked Warzone. They will not be able to queue for 15 minutes.

Glad to hear that the ability to just quit with no penalty was a bug. I was wondering who we should be dragging in for mental help lol. Unintended is Unintended though, no biggie now that its made clear.

Glad to hear that the ability to just quit with no penalty was a bug. I was wondering who we should be dragging in for mental help lol. Unintended is Unintended though, no biggie now that its made clear.

Um, it wasn't unintended. They're adding the lockout, not "fixing" one. Until tomorrow being able to leave a match is fully playing as intended.

You know what BW? You suck.

Are you killing your own playerbase intentionally?

Unranked is even less worthy to play than before.

10/10, god, 10/10. Your players are not receiving rewards for GSF and that during GSF week, your servers are lagging because of influx of steam players and poor support, but instead of creating australian/asian server and fixing what's really needs to be done you were working on Nightlife event nobody cares about and on punishing your own players again, this time it's unnecessary unranked nonsense.

Good job.

If you leave a match in the middle of it you should be.

[*]Players now receive a Leaver Penalty when leaving Unranked Warzone. They will not be able to queue for 15 minutes.

There was a thread where many active forumers, experinced players stood up against this change with valid reasoning. I have been playing this game since launch, seen all manifastation of developer stupidity one can think of (or not even think of), yet this beats them all.

No one has asked for this change since someone leaving does not matter owing to quick backfills. I can not recall a single occurance in thousands of warzones where anyone would start complaining about someone having left. Temporary 7 vs 8 seldom changes the outcome owing to map design. No one benefits from the deserter penalty, yet it pisses off many, further reducing PVP pool and degrading game experience owing to infuriated players beeing forced to stay. Yet as controversial as one can get, you allow 3 vs 4 arena matches start which is almost impossible to win.

You are totally clueless and ignorant to the real problems of PVP and keep on forcing brain melting changes on the community without substansive communication. Idiocy is alike death - you don't feel it but everyone else is crying around you.

Edited by varietasplus

I doubt they'll refund it, but if they do, let us know, it might cause a stampeed ;) *

You're right I guess. I have sent them email request for refund, not even an answer.

Guess I have to wait 60 days..hope you find a new game Tergon.

If you leave a match in the middle of it you should be.

So if the match is a complete disaster, or one of those ones where as soon as I exit the spawn zone, I get immediately 5-on-1'ed out of existence, *every*single*time*, I'm obligated to suffer through it or take a penalty? No, but no.

It's a weird thing. I was thinking about testing WZ performance on my new machine to see what happens. Now I won't be bothering.

Haven't seen mention in the patch notes about a fix for the broken achievement in the Swoop event which is coming back again today. Does this mean it didn't make the list or just that it's another week of the event running where no one can complete the achievement?

- Finally! WOW. Finally i will play without traitors who leave fight before it ends! Thanks. Fix now flags on Odessen and i can die tomorrow.

~ Tsukito, Alliance Commander

Hi,

All SWTOR servers are once again available!

Thank you for your patience.

Way too fast the Maintenance, 2 Hours earlier. Emperors slot machines are broken again already... slow clap guys. :D

Edited by Ultrafutzi

yay! the slot machines are still broken! yaay!

can i become a programmer at your company?

i have no idea how stuff works.... seems to be sufficient xD

and i fixed the patch notes for you

"Emperor's Grace Slot machines are stuck in a winning state, preventing players from interacting with them."

Edited by Opiklo

Even if the Emperor's machines get fixed, there is still the problem with massive demand with minimal supply. 3 machines per instance isn't enough...as soon as the servers were up there was a line of 10 people waiting to use it.

I see a few solutions that you guys could implement -

- Put a eff ton more of them on Nar Shaddaa.

- Add an instanced VIP room that has one so people can reset the phase if it gets broken and can not have to worry about a line.

- Create a decoration of it that we can put in our strongholds to use. Probably the most difficult for you to do, but ultimately would be the best solution.