Zenith will return

RameiArashi

Actually, I vote for Imperial jail. I still have high hopes for Tanno Vik being in a coma

Tanno Vik's story is done.

but if you chose to spare Vik on Asylum, wasn't he killed when Arcan razed it looking for you!?

Asylum was left mostly intact since

if you romance Koth, much later on after kotet etc, he wants to take you for dinner at a nice new place he's found on Asylum.

If you allowed Tanno to live, he's probably still lording it about as gang boss in the rebuilt Asylum after helping you shoot up the place in KotFE VIII

Tanno never really fit with my Troopers, even for the times I went darkside. I was quite happy with his return story in KotFE and him choosing not to have anything to do with the republic or Havoc. But since he was influence 50, I grabbed him back from the terminal.

If you spare Vik you see him fighting along side Koth when you reach him before the final assault. You'll have to head cannon whether he lives or dies afterwards, but there's no leaning either way. Since you can kill him, and it's relatively early in the game, in addition to him saying goodbye if you let him live as a Trooper there's no inventive to write anything more about him. Also, the voice actor has passed, though I don't know if it was before or after the chapter was produced. Unless they get a new voice actor Vik will no longer appear.

If you spare Vik you see him fighting along side Koth when you reach him before the final assault. You'll have to head cannon whether he lives or dies afterwards, but there's no leaning either way. Since you can kill him, and it's relatively early in the game, in addition to him saying goodbye if you let him live as a Trooper there's no inventive to write anything more about him. Also, the voice actor has passed, though I don't know if it was before or after the chapter was produced. Unless they get a new voice actor Vik will no longer appear.

From what I understand the VA for Vik during the main trooper quest and the VA for Vik in KotFE are two different people.

Tanno Vik's story is done.

It's only as done as they want it to be. It seems odd to pick just a couple characters that people might have invested heavily in and decide they will never come back for anyone. The door's still open to bring back Vik, SCORPIO, etc. if they choose to - and I would appreciate it if they did.

• 1 month later...

I saw somewhere that there is a replica about Zenith in the data files - "Reminder: Zenith holds a deep-seated hatred of the Empire. If you do not choose your words VERY carefully, Zenith may reject you outright, without warning, and become permanently unavailable" and :you killed zenith on nar shadda"

I dont like how its all sound.[:confused:

Edited by AmorphLex

• 3 weeks later...
Yes that's him! It's a shame too because once you've finally earned his trust he shows a more softer side, but by then the class story is over and so are his conversations.

As for the voice, it's not the voice itself but the speech pattern that helps tell Theron and Zenith apart. Theron speaks normally. Zenith speaks similar to Mordin in Mass Effect. Short and incomplete sentences. More like a computer than a person when he's thinking out loud. It's pretty unique.

MsEightThree, I completely concur with your assessment of Zenith! He does speak in truncated sentences, more like a computer. I love it! I've been playing the game non-stop since launch and the consular storyline was the first one that I tried out. I immediately formed an affinity for Zenith as he was unique in that he wasn't a cookiecutter lightside companion. Couple in his voice and unique way of speaking with the overwhelmingly beautiful music on Balmorra... I was smitten with both the game and with the companion.

Everyone is different and has varying preferences, however Zenith is, by far, my favorite companion in the game and I hope that he is brought back to SWTOR in the near future with a story that does him justice <3. Also, as one of the first supporters of Arcann pound town, I fully endorse a Zenith romance upon his return ;).

Actually don't see Zenith fitting in with either a Consular that returned to the republic or one that keeps the alliance together. He hates the imperials and even if you have returned to the republic you still have imperials in your group and for some reason I don't see Zenith accepting it no matter why the reason.

And if you keep the alliance in tact he still would have a problem with the imperials that are helping you. Unless something really happened to change him I don't see Zenith being a good fit for either one.

Edited by casirabit

Actually don't see Zenith fitting in with either a Consular that returned to the republic or one that keeps the alliance together. He hates the imperials and even if you have returned to the republic you still have imperials in your group and for some reason I don't see Zenith accepting it no matter why the reason.

And if you keep the alliance in tact he still would have a problem with the imperials that are helping you. Unless something really happened to change him I don't see Zenith being a good fit for either one.

Unless the last... (quick math...) seven years have seriously mellowed him out, I have to agree; his hatred for the Empire - and especially Imperial Intelligence - is just too great to see him with the Alliance. That doesn't mean he couldn't return as a storyline character, though. Actually, I think I'd enjoy seeing him in a storyline just to see what happens if he meets Cipher Nine, the Agent who brought down Zenith's mentor Gray Star...

Jorgan, Rusk, 4X (especially 4X), and even Corso to an extent. They all have problems with the Empire. Jorgan and Corso perhaps the least so of the four, although they certainly have no love for the Empire, but Rusk despises the Empire, and 4X is literally programed to hate the Empire. But they all join the Alliance.

Jorgan, Rusk, 4X (especially 4X), and even Corso to an extent. They all have problems with the Empire. Jorgan and Corso perhaps the least so of the four, although they certainly have no love for the Empire, but Rusk despises the Empire, and 4X is literally programed to hate the Empire. But they all join the Alliance.

But if you recall with Jorgan, he grew disillusioned with the Republic which he explained when you meet him in his chapter so him joining the alliance made sense. 4X is a droid, can be reprogrammed and as far as Rusk if I recall there is a choice you can make on his recruitment if you side with the Black Sun and therefore you wind up killing him so it would depend on what you chose. (Been a while since I did the recruitment as I have done the recruitments. I don't have any characters left that need to do them as all my characters have already done them all)

Corso is a smuggler's companion and therefore he is not as "strict" about his allegiance as say Zenith. Zenith even when talking to him after you recruit him after Balmorra hates the empire and I would say more so than any of the other characters.

Edited by casirabit

Unless the last... (quick math...) seven years have seriously mellowed him out, I have to agree; his hatred for the Empire - and especially Imperial Intelligence - is just too great to see him with the Alliance. That doesn't mean he couldn't return as a storyline character, though. Actually, I think I'd enjoy seeing him in a storyline just to see what happens if he meets Cipher Nine, the Agent who brought down Zenith's mentor Gray Star...

Yea I love to see that as well. I love for him to meet my agent who did that lol.

But if you recall with Jorgan, he grew disillusioned with the Republic which he explained when you meet him in his chapter so him joining the alliance made sense. 4X is a droid, can be reprogrammed and as far as Rusk if I recall there is a choice you can make on his recruitment if you side with the Black Sun and therefore you wind up killing him so it would depend on what you chose. (Been a while since I did the recruitment as I have done the recruitments. I don't have any characters left that need to do them as all my characters have already done them all) Corso is a smuggler's companion and therefore he is not as "strict" about his allegiance as say Zenith. Zenith even when talking to him after you recruit him after Balmorra hates the empire and I would say more so than any of the other characters.

Perhaps, but if I remember correctly it is said on Nar Shaddaa that 4X's programming is not easily altered, otherwise the story on Nar Shaddaa would have played out differently. But 4X can only be recruited by a Republic character, so perhaps that is a factor for why 4X is able to serve in the Alliance.

With regard to Rusk, I think you are forgetting that Rusk clearly expresses their hatred for the Empire, and that the Empire killed Rusk's family when they destroyed the Chagrian colony on Mindor. Yet, Rusk can be recruited by an Imperial. Yes there is that option during Rusk's AA on Nar Shaddaa, but that is only if you side with Skadge. That decision has nothing to do with faction and even a Knight can do that. It is true that an Imperial character that recruited Rusk will receive a message saying that they can not betray the Republic, so it is clear that Rusk can work with Imperials but will not serve one that serves the Empire.

If Zenith returns (I will remain skeptical until it actually happens) they will very likely only return for Consulars, and that will most certainly be a factor in why Zenith can work with the Alliance. When Felix returned, they made it clear that they were returning to the Consular, not joining the Alliance. What would be interesting is if a saboteur Consular is able to betray Zenith and turn them over to the Empire, either for their past or some action they are currently involved in.