Whiners in unranked

DaZeeZee

So you're coming here to whine about whiners?

The only thing worth whining about in a game!

Also why does the feature which keeps ignored people out of your queues not work in pvp? the one place you need it to work most?

Also why does the feature which keeps ignored people out of your queues not work in pvp? the one place you need it to work most?

Because people would start ignoring each other to avoid bads in their teams(especially in ranked) and it would hurt the pops ..... ;)

Because it would get abused obviously.

Plus if you wanted to get back at someone u ignored, killing them in pvp's just as good as any.

That's the players call. fact is when I ignore someone I only do it if I never want to see or deal with them ever again. they no longer exist as far as I am concerned. when I ignore them I wipe them from my entire universe for the sake of my own sanity.

Because people would start ignoring each other to avoid bads in their teams(especially in ranked) and it would hurt the pops ..... ;)

It would also a.) make it extremely easy to win trade in solo ranked by ignoring all but the participants and b.) enable trolling in regs and solo ranked. Especially on servers with only 1 or 2 games going on, if even just 1 or 2 of the players have you on ignore you would never get a pop.

That's the players call. fact is when I ignore someone I only do it if I never want to see or deal with them ever again. they no longer exist as far as I am concerned. when I ignore them I wipe them from my entire universe for the sake of my own sanity.

For the sake of your own sanity?

It's a video game for gods sake.

yes it gets frustrating at times but to claim your sanity is at stake implies you may have bigger issues.

as you were.

Edited by -Bob-

Not sure what ranked players are whining about regs but in my experience 99% of the whining about regs comes from self-described "objective players" whining ABOUT ranked players killing people (which is beneficial in practically every form of PVP).

Also, ignore doesn't affect PVP matchmaking because it would be remarkably easy to abuse, even if it only worked in regs. You'd see it being abused to make double premades in every match and the other team would just get spawn ganked perpetually. The game would stop being fun for new players in a heartbeat. Plus if you had an argument with someone, putting on them on ignore so they are always on the opposite team (because ignore ensures they're never on your team) where they can tunnel and flag you every game sounds like a really bad experience tbh. The current system where it just turns off their chat and emotes for you seems like the best solution imo.

Plus if you had an argument with someone, putting on them on ignore so they are always on the opposite team (because ignore ensures they're never on your team) where they can tunnel and flag you every game sounds like a really bad experience tbh.

Those type of matches would be pretty rare though. In order for them to get in a match with you, they'd have to know when you're online which they wouldnt be able to see if they ignored you back, and they'd have to know that you would be pvping at that specific time. I'm not saying something like that is impossible, because if they wanted to they could add u as a friend to track when you got online. Then search your name in "Who" periodically to see where you were, and track the exact time that you got out of a pvp match to que up with a group of people willing to focus you. Even then, its not even certain that they would get the same match as you. I've had situations where I tried to get 2 groups of people in the same match by queing on a countdown, and even that didn't always work.

But yeah, like I said it wouldn't be impossible, but it would be a pretty big hassle to pull off. Even if you did get the same match as them, all you would have to do is go take a bathroom break before you requed.

Edited by Llacertus

I only whine when I'm guarding, call incs, and no one shows up and the node gets taken. This happens most often at Yavin because the two outer nodes aren't as distinctive as at other points maps [ie snow/grass east/west]. Edited by Ardrossan

I only whine when I'm guarding, call incs, and no one shows up and the node gets taken. This happens most often at Yavin because the two outer nodes aren't as distinctive as at other points maps [ie snow/grass east/west].

I feel you. It’s especially annoying when you make a Herculean effort against multiple attackers to stay alive long enough for them to send back up (even if they missed your first call).

And then you respawn and you see them all still at mid chasing 2 guys while you were defending against 4-5 for over a minute.

That really grinds my gears because I look at chat and see I called multiple times and got told to shut up or stop whining.

Edited by TrixxieTriss

I feel you. It’s especially annoying when you make a Herculean effort against multiple attackers to stay alive long enough for them to send back up (even if they missed your first call).

And then you respawn and you see them all still at mid chasing 2 guys while you were defending against 4-5 for over a minute.

That really grinds my gears because I look at chat and see I called multiple times and got told to shut up or stop whining.

A good guard can solo 4-5 enemies np. Git gud Trixxie! :rak_01:

Even worse when the other side controls mid and we control the two outer ones, and they'll still ignore incs to fling themselves at mid over and over again.

I lied, there's a few other cases: people who turn chat off in matches because they think "pvp is toxic" and "you can figure stuff out just from reading the map".

On Ancient Hypergates, taking or retaking a node, and then the rest of the team immediately leaving for mid when there's like a minute left, instead of staying to guard, and the node gets taken. Even worse when we control both nodes and they still think running orbs is the best use of their time.

Related to this, applying to a lot of other maps, very few players seem aware that you shouldn't leave a node before checking that someone is guarding it, and that they aren't a healer [who often get stuck doing it].

I lied, there's a few other cases: people who turn chat off in matches because they think "pvp is toxic" and "you can figure stuff out just from reading the map".

Well, a lot of the time, you can figure out whats going on by looking at the map. Most times you're forced to because people rarely make calls anymore. If the enemy isn't attacking 1 node, then they're probably at the other.

Even worse when the other side controls mid and we control the two outer ones, and they'll still ignore incs to fling themselves at mid over and over again.

I call those teams Lemmings or Sheep because they have no ability to think for themselves. They just keep running off the cliff face without looking because that’s what they always do. Those are the matches I want to leave from pure frustration.

Well, a lot of the time, you can figure out whats going on by looking at the map. Most times you're forced to because people rarely make calls anymore. If the enemy isn't attacking 1 node, then they're probably at the other.

That’s also true. The problem is 90% of people don’t look at the map or call or respond to calls. Half the time it feels like you are the only on on your team trying to win.

For the sake of your own sanity?

It's a video game for gods sake.

yes it gets frustrating at times but to claim your sanity is at stake implies you may have bigger issues.

as you were.

Maybe I should have said "mental health and stability" the fact is when people act like toxic vermin, it bothers me. if you have a problem with that, you are probably a part of the issue.

It is my right to choose who I play with in game.

Maybe I should have said "mental health and stability" the fact is when people act like toxic vermin, it bothers me. if you have a problem with that, you are probably a part of the issue.

It is my right to choose who I play with in game.

So does that mean you can quit a WZ when you feel like it?