So crafting bug not 100% fixed.

TrixxieTriss

Finding a lot of threads covering a range of issues that have been responded to by Anmol and given either zero attention or the runaround. I've had two tickets responded to by the same hack and given the most vague and worthless "advice" with ZERO attempt made to actually help. Remind them that their advice does not apply, or has already been covered, and they pretty much blame the ticket-sender for the issue in thee first place.

Stay classy, Bio.

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Finding a lot of threads covering a range of issues that have been responded to by Anmol and given either zero attention or the runaround. I've had two tickets responded to by the same hack and given the most vague and worthless "advice" with ZERO attempt made to actually help. Remind them that their advice does not apply, or has already been covered, and they pretty much blame the ticket-sender for the issue in thee first place.

Stay classy, Bio.

Yep, there CS is world class rubbish

Yep, there CS is world class rubbish

To get decent support, you have to get past the first level, generic support 'bots' these are the people who just read the scripts and follow the online directions from their 'manual' Usually when you ask to speak to a supervisor, you get the next level support, which most of the times have a lot more experience, and can help better.

What is so sad is after releasing two patches to "fix" it and claiming in both patch notes they indeed fixed it, the reality is they did not and since then have totally ignored this issue and have not communicated anything about it to the players at all.

lol, it seems a lot of the bugs have taken 3 patches to fix...lol

Since they will not address this...

I think after the original "bug" (players who never paid the 500k, crafted to 700), they tried a roll back to 600. The roll back did not work as planned, randomly affecting players who had paid/got to 700 before the initial bug was introduced. Since the first "bug" was never truly fixed, this created even more issues and is why the second patch did not fix any of the "roll back" issues for anyone that was initially affected.

It is so jacked up now, that short of giving everyone at level 600 and higher level 700 for free, they have no idea how to fix it, so ignoring it is their answer.

Edited by Lord_Malganus

So another game altering bug that BW has been silent on this week.

But of course it would be rude to call them out on that.

Not rude, but pointless probably. I'm not sure what you mean with "game altering" because per definition all bugs are game altering, so it's rather superfluous in the end.

I suppose that since it works for the vast majority of people, individual cases are treated as such... and CS may not even have the tools to do anything about it. Sad but probably true.

So another game altering bug that BW has been silent on this week.

But of course it would be rude to call them out on that.

They’ve also had 3 goes at trying to fix this bug. And they still cannot fix it successfully for “all” players. It seems some players it’s fixed, while others it’s not.

If they can’t fix this bug properly so everyone has their crafting lvl returned to where it was when this bug started, then the simplest solution is that any character that already has 600/600, should be automatically bumped to 700/700 and/or they should just remove 500,000 cost to open it up (which should be scrapped).

Which I know isn’t perfect because some people might have only gotten to 600, while others had gotten to 700 and also reverse engineered some schematics (which are now missing).

But it would be a start and it would erring on the side of the players enjoyment for once I stress of taking things from players.

Edited by TrixxieTriss

Which I know isn’t perfect because some people might have only gotten to 600, while others had gotten to 700 and also reverse engineered some schematics (which are now missing).

Wut? Schematics have gone missing for someone? I wasn't checking mine so now I am worried :eek:

Wut? Schematics have gone missing for someone? I wasn't checking mine so now I am worried :eek:

Yes, I would suggest you definitely check. Seeing as some of the schematics can only be collected from the trainer between 600-700 (which you pay for).

So if you have had you 700 crafting reduced to 600, those will be gone. And you might have spent 100,000s in mats, credits and time to reversed engineer to get blue then purple or gold schematics.

So you will be out of pocket with credits and mats and also the time to reverse engineer those schematics.

The problem is a patch won’t restore these and you will need to relay on CS who are totally useless at helping and just refer you to the patch notes to say it was fixed. They have no empathy.

Oooof.... I think it may have happened, but I didn't think to check at the time. I was like "hey, BW is going to fix it... eventually... right?", and decided not to craft anything until all the skills are back at the level. Joke's on me. But struck with sudden inspiration I wrote a poem:

Roses are red,

Violets are blue,

Bioware screwed up,

No schematics for you.

Do I win anything?

Oooof.... I think it may have happened, but I didn't think to check at the time. I was like "hey, BW is going to fix it... eventually... right?", and decided not to craft anything until all the skills are back at the level. Joke's on me. But struck with sudden inspiration I wrote a poem:

Roses are red,

Violets are blue,

Bioware screwed up,

No schematics for you.

Do I win anything?

A chance to unsub to keep your sanity ?

A chance to unsub to keep your sanity ?

That's more of a last ditch effort, as we've no other Star Wars MMO to get our fix from. And although there are good MMO's out there, they just aren't Star Wars. And BW know this, know there will always be people who'll stay subbed, because it's the only option. If they had competition, they'd probably **** their undies.

Yet another example of how BW loves taking away what you earned.

Got to the highest level? Levelsync

Leveled your companions to 50? We'll take them away when you do KOTFE

They have taken away a ton of crafting schematics.

Paid to get level 700 crafting? We'll lower you to 600 and won't give a care.

Edited by EllieAnne

That's more of a last ditch effort, as we've no other Star Wars MMO to get our fix from. And although there are good MMO's out there, they just aren't Star Wars. And BW know this, know there will always be people who'll stay subbed, because it's the only option. If they had competition, they'd probably **** their undies.

True. But there will be Star Wars Squadrons 2nd October and if you need Star Wars story fix in the mean time there is always Fallen Order.

Bioware need to pick up their game or there won’t be anyone left to play it. If they hadn’t done the steam launch, I dare say it would have started to look deserted with these continued bugs in every patch.

Edited by TrixxieTriss

sucks to lose schematics etc. for this bug, however i think that if they are going to continue spending resources on "fixing" it, I rather they didn't and focused on other stuff. players that lost schematics cause they didn't buy the extra levels from the vendor can get them again and for most other things seem to be fine

Yet another example of how BW loves taking away what you earned.

Got to the highest level? Levelsync

Leveled your companions to 50? We'll take them away when you do KOTFE

They have taken away a ton of crafting schematics.

Paid to get level 700 crafting? We'll lower you to 600 and won't give a care.

and then release:

Events with broken content

Patches with notes about imaginary fixes that fix nothing

True. But there will be Star Wars Squadrons 2nd October and if you need Star Wars story fix in the mean time there is always Fallen Order.

Bioware need to pick up their game or there won’t be anyone left to play it. If they hadn’t done the steam launch, I dare say it would have started to look deserted with these continued bugs in every patch.

Neither are MMO's, unfortunately, I haven't played either, but one is gsf in a better environment (from the vids), and one is fallen on it's face :(

So BW still have the market on MMO's :(

I fully agree, they need to pick up their pace.

sucks to lose schematics etc. for this bug, however i think that if they are going to continue spending resources on "fixing" it, I rather they didn't and focused on other stuff. players that lost schematics cause they didn't buy the extra levels from the vendor can get them again and for most other things seem to be fine

I was talking about schematics that went into the "archive" section of your crafting menu when they changed the crafting the last time. Many schematics that were paid for and developed never made it to that archive and were gone forever.

Well I’m finally been able to spend some time double checking some of my Alts and start to document what I’m missing.

(I’m only listing those I find problems with)

Primary Armstech crafter :

Armstech has been reduced from 700 to 600/600 (yet again) and I’ve lost the reverse engineered Advanced Accuracy Augment 74 schematic as well as the Accuracy, Shield and Versatile 73 schematics (which were paid for)

Scavenging has been reduced from 700 to 643

Investigation has been reduced from 700 to 645

Secondary Armstech crafter :

Armstech has been returned to 700. I have all the schematics still

Scavenging has been reduced from 700 to 600/600

Slicing has been reduced from 700 to 600/600

Secondary Biochem crafter :

Biochem has been reduced from 700 to 600/600. Have lost some schematics

Bioanalysis has been reduced from 700 to 600/600

Diplomacy is still 700/700

Secondary Artifice crafter :

Artifice 600/600

Archaeology has been reduced from 700 to 611

Treasure hunting has been reduced from 700 to 600/600

1st. Secondary Gatherer :

Bioanalysis 700/700

Investigation has been reduced from 700 to 600/600

Treasure Hunting has been reduced from 700 to 600/600

2nd. Secondary Gatherer :

Slicing has been reduced from 700 to 551/600 (like how many months back did they go??)

Investigation has been reduced from 700 to 600/600

Treasure Hunting has been reduced from 700 to 600/600

3rd Secondary Gatherer :

Bioanalysis 218/600 (not sure if this was higher or not)

Scavenging 700/700

Slicing has been reduced from 700 to 685?

4th Secondary Gatherer :

Scavenging has been reduced from 700 to 608?

Slicing 700/700

Treasure hunting 700/700

Will update more as I log.

Edited by TrixxieTriss

I'm sorry but.. you guys still craft? The system is so borked and over complicated for poor reasons that it's become more of a side job than an alternative access route for anything more than storms or cosmetics. I couldn't give less of a crap about CQ anymore either since they're dead set on ruining what felt like a fine passive incentive to just play the game, much less throwing resources into the wind to get beat out by one of the extremely large guilds anyway.

The incentive is NOT there, the system repeatedly backhands you, you're expected to do more for less and you still hope BW will rectify the issues? Take a look at all the Padawans in here! /s :rak_03:

But really, just take a break. I'm glad people are staying on them about this but you'd think we'd get some back and forth dialog with a community rep to find a better middle ground here but this issue goes well beyond the crafting costs.