Change gear back to the way it was before 6.0 please...

Jamalzero

I think this system has to be one of the easiest systems I've encountered to obtain BiS gear in the 20 years of playing MMOs. I was able to fully gear all of my alts in relatively short amount of time.

But I guess I am a bit of a traditionalist when it comes to gear. I understand I'm probably in the minority and times are changing but I always believed in time/difficulty vs. reward. When I used to raid, I expected to be rewarded for the time invested (i.e. better gear). When I stopped raiding, I was fine with knowing that I would not have the opportunity to obtain the top gear anymore.

Personally, I do not see any reward to raid or try harder content when I can just run Vet HS multiple times and get the same gear in probably a fraction of the time. But that's me...I'm sure those that do raid have their own rewards for still doing them.

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

But I guess I am a bit of a traditionalist when it comes to gear. I understand I'm probably in the minority and times are changing but I always believed in time/difficulty vs. reward. When I used to raid, I expected to be rewarded for the time invested (i.e. better gear). When I stopped raiding, I was fine with knowing that I would not have the opportunity to obtain the top gear anymore.

Gear has always been easy to get, now the difference is gear isn't technically BIS anymore.

The set bonus items and tactical items are, which to be honest requires more time unless you don't want to earn it.

I'd say this gearing system is more difficult due to the complexities such as two additional layers.

1) Separating set bonuses from mods.

2) Adding Tacticals to the loot pool.

That's without the math of how many different items in those categories and the fact of optimizing your spec with the exact stats being that there's more mods than less in comparison to 5.0.

Lastly you got crafting for BIS items too, which i crafted Grit Teeth but what a time sink but it felt so rewarding but same again you can buy yourself to Victory if you want which i wouldn't since it removes that buzz of a reward.

The only issue besides maybe the RNG vendor for mods, is level sync making actual gear such as mods pointless to a certain extent but the rest is still viable.

I'd say this again and again MMOs with choice is much better than a streamlined mess we've had going on since 3.0.

I want more of that questioning and messing around with different setups like we did with alacrity builds and hybrid builds. Not all this clean cut stay in your lane stuff we've had going on for years, heck it starts wearing thin and makes me wonder if the Devs want to play the game for me also.

Edited by DarthSealth

The gearing system really needed more time to develop before 6.0 came. This idea the Devs had that "hey, for the first update in 6.0 we're going to give you this nice new set!" Was clearly a way of back-patching it in because it wasn't ready before the expansion. They're making up the whole progression system as it goes along it seems; the most egregious example being gearing.

The sets that aren't the golden BiS are useless in group content,

The sets that *could* be competitive are still riddled with bugs and obvious misunderstanding of what any major fight in the game that matters is like,

And the sets that *might* compete with BiS in certain content are either locked like they were before, behind the pre-4.0 Hard-mare wall for ONE Operation (Dxun), or they're locked behind the grinder wall that is 6.0 Crafting (the Assembly Components for each skill should not require the amount of raw materials they do per; at all).

All the months that they're working out kinks in the combat scaling/specs are months that hardcore raiders have to be forced into being Class-ist and blackballing anyone who wants to play their own way just because they chose to learn the worst class for set bonuses, tacticals or parse numbers

The sets that *could* be competitive are still riddled with bugs and obvious misunderstanding of what any major fight in the game that matters is like

I had this impression the moment I saw the current BiS Sniper set on the PTS. It feels like it was balanced on the training dummy with no consideration for either a) the fact that making a powerful defensive CD into an offensive CD inherently weakens it as a defensive, and b) that punishing players of the already most immobile class in the game even further for moving in a game riddled with boss mechanics that require you to move (even with 60% AoE damage reduction) is an extraordinarily bad idea. At the very least I think the stacks should remain if you stand up and sit back down.

By contrast, the set that punishes Snipers the least for standing up and actually encourages proper use of their cooldowns (off CDs offensively and def CDs defensively) and allows for playing mechanics correctly without huge DPS loss - the Laze Target set - is never used because it parses too low on the training dummy.

Edited by Aulus_Claudius

I had this impression the moment I saw the current BiS Sniper set on the PTS. It feels like it was balanced on the training dummy with no consideration for either a) the fact that making a powerful defensive CD into an offensive CD inherently weakens it as a defensive, and b) that punishing players of the already most immobile class in the game even further for moving in a game riddled with boss mechanics that require you to move (even with 60% AoE damage reduction) is an extraordinarily bad idea. At the very least I think the stacks should remain if you stand up and sit back down.

By contrast, the set that punishes Snipers the least for standing up and actually encourages proper use of their cooldowns (off CDs offensively and def CDs defensively) and allows for playing mechanics correctly without huge DPS loss - the Laze Target set - is never used because it parses too low on the training dummy.

Not that I disagree with your analysis about the sets, Gunslingers/Snipers aren't my mains ... but the Devs did say the point of the system, especially tacticals, was to change/stir up the playstyle. Sharpshooter/Marksman really isn't a dot spec, but pair the Agitating Energies tactical with the either Outlaw's Parlay or Precise Targeter and it becomes a dot spec, for example.

I really think that they intended for us to have several sets of gear in our inventory, to allow us to change things up based on the upcoming encounter (be it the next ops boss or the next pvp match). Its all part of the "horizontal progression" thing, or at least its supposed to be. Whether they achieve that goal is a matter for debate of course. If there are clearly BiS sets then I would say they are not achieving their goal of horizontal progression. I also think its a problem when the BiS set for a tank is actually a dps set.

In the devs defense though, I've certainly read some rising debate on a some of the so-called BiS sets. Many of the pinned messages on the theorycrafter discord haven't been updated since November, before the first round of nerfs. I've seen plenty of people discuss the value of, say, Authority over Tacticians for Ruffian/Lethality; or Apex Predator over Concentrated Fire for Gunnery/Arsenal. This is despite the pins suggestions for BiS. And of course those recommendations are mostly from a pve standpoint. Maybe these are bad examples, since they are "exclusive" to Dxun (exclusive except for renown crates and Kai Zykken). But even if the Dxun sets are BiS over the recommendations in the discord, that still negates the "horizontal progression" idea.

But again, I'll just say the same thing I've said many times before (like in the CF nerf thread). It would be far better to buff the underperforming sets than to nerf overperforming ones.

Gear before: Meh.

Gear now: Much better.

This is an MMO, and in case you're not familiar with that type of game, let me share with you the number one rule for all MMOs: You either adapt, or you find another stomping ground.

Hey, there's plenty of things here and there that have been added, or even removed, that I don't like. Overall, however, the experience is still good. To me, it's not worth leaving, so I'll adapt.

Adapt, or find another stomping ground.

To be honest I like the new gearing system, yes the sets are expensive, yes ripping mods out are expensive, however considering the advantages such as bind to legacy, I really don't see this as an issue, and it allows me more freedom in the game to play toons I don't typically play.

There are a lot more pressing problems though in SWTOR, these are the main two:

1) Rewards in VM operations need improving, and they need to reward everyone in the operations. This could be a credit reward, for example 2m credit per player, or a complete armour set etc.

2) Crafting is a joke, if you want a credit sink, this is it, just to be able to start crafting up to lvl 700 you have to pile in millions, then to get some of the components lots of money goes into this and so much material is needed for a basic component. This needs to be rapidly redone, To create a blue 176 armour piece I shouldn't have to sell my grandmother to do it.

Zooze

Edited by Zooze

snip

Having multiple sets all augmented and with best-in-slot mods etc sitting around is definitely an advantage for classes like Sniper IMO, but in the already most expensive expansion of all time going through the expense of basically gearing a whole new class for limited payoff is too much for most players. It's a nice idea being held back by the sheer expense of it.

That said, I agree with you about Apex Predator being interesting with the coming set nerf for Mercs. Operative DD is the only one I haven't played in 6.x, so can't comment there. Sadly it appears Merc DDs are getting thrown into the dumpster in an effort to nerf healers, but if they get some compensatory buff to make up for the set nerf then I can see Arsenal Mercs switching to Apex. I've been playing my AP PT with Veteran Ranger since the latest buff and have to say that's one thing they did right. It could still use a slight buff, but there's no single-target DPS check you could pass with Meteor Brawler that wouldn't now be possible with VR.

So it appears they're moving in the right direction to make "play your way" a reality for some classes, just very, very slowly. :)

Edited by Aulus_Claudius

Overall I'm ambivalent to the system, though leaning negative - especially when taken in totality with everything else.

Progression to 306 is unrewarding - there is very little reason to do anything but run the easiest content over and over, tossing aside one piece of gear for another with a +2 irating improvement through 30+ levels of useless garbage.

This is your choice. When I ran HM/NiM content, I wasn't exclusively looking for gear. I've tanked more than a few Ops where I already had it, but someone in the guild needed something. So finding it fun to do, or helping out guildmates or friends is an incentive to actually run the content.

No progression available through completing more challenging content, 306 is the max and available from some of the easiest content in the game, so why bother with more challenging content that also carries the risk of failure with high repair costs?

This would only be true if the gear didn't drop in the content. Since it drops everywhere, this comes back to your first paragraph, and your decision to do x instead of y.

Crafting totally screwed - requiring players to use ludicrous amounts of time and material to craft 30+ irating levels of useless garbage to progress through a heavy and very low RNG process when 306 gear can be obtained for free by running stupid easy content was and is a massive failure.

I'm not finding any issues with the crafting system that wasn't connected to "craft these items to craft those items", and that's not a new system to this gearing update.

Scaling the vast majority of the game at sub max level and using stat caps devalues a lot of gear, buffs, consumables, and benefits obtained through things like collecting all datacrons and completing all class / companion stories.

This would only be true if it devalued them throughout the game, and it doesn't. When I'm playing an alt at level on a planet, I'm getting the full benefits. Whether that's at 20 or at 75.

Set distribution is uneven across the board - some classes can easily get their BIS set from reward boxes while others will almost never see a useful piece in a reward box, same with vendors - some can buy exactly what they need while others must run the same very narrow content over and over for an abysmally low chance while hoping a piece shows up on the RNG vendor.

Amplifiers are a gigantic credit sink, as are extraction costs (especially when gear hits the gold levels) - not an issue for me personally, but I hear lots of complaints from newer players in my guilds.

Take a look at your local GTN. Credit sinks like this should have been in game from the outset. It prevents this kind of pricing. For about a year, I tried to get the gloves for the Revan set, it was the only piece I needed, but I could have purchased a guild ship for what they were listed for. Why? Excessive amounts of credits coming into the game, with very few sinks. Back in the day, you had to buy your skills, and there were times where I couldn't even buy all the ones I needed. I understood what that was for though. Unfortunately, others decided that that was something that was "broken"...

Changes that would alter my opinion...

Massive adjustments to crafting - remove all the sub 290 items and / or remove every 'exotic' or group content / conquest material from everything sub 290 while increasing RE chance.

Scale everything to 75 and balance content such that solo / entry level / SM stuff is easily doable in gear provided by the story and / or crafted with basic crew skills materials.

Cap gear ratings such that solo / story content (and basic crafting) only goes so far, with harder content providing access to higher ratings / crafting schematics / items to RE for schematics (doesn't have to be massive differences, but there should be some incentive to do harder content).

Put all sets on the vendors OR put every like for like set across all classes in the same acquisition mode.

Fix reward boxes / dropped rewards such that class /discipline controls items dropped, no more getting healing sets in reward boxes while my discipline is set to dps nor getting hilts when on a tech class.

Just say no to those crafting changes. I still craft gear for alts that are not 75, why would I want to remove the ability to do that? Why would I want to make crafting augmentation kits even more expensive, since 228 augments are just fine in about 90% of the content?

This is your choice. When I ran HM/NiM content, I wasn't exclusively looking for gear. I've tanked more than a few Ops where I already had it, but someone in the guild needed something. So finding it fun to do, or helping out guildmates or friends is an incentive to actually run the content.

This would only be true if the gear didn't drop in the content. Since it drops everywhere, this comes back to your first paragraph, and your decision to do x instead of y.

I'm not finding any issues with the crafting system that wasn't connected to "craft these items to craft those items", and that's not a new system to this gearing update.

This would only be true if it devalued them throughout the game, and it doesn't. When I'm playing an alt at level on a planet, I'm getting the full benefits. Whether that's at 20 or at 75.

Take a look at your local GTN. Credit sinks like this should have been in game from the outset. It prevents this kind of pricing. For about a year, I tried to get the gloves for the Revan set, it was the only piece I needed, but I could have purchased a guild ship for what they were listed for. Why? Excessive amounts of credits coming into the game, with very few sinks. Back in the day, you had to buy your skills, and there were times where I couldn't even buy all the ones I needed. I understood what that was for though. Unfortunately, others decided that that was something that was "broken"...

Just say no to those crafting changes. I still craft gear for alts that are not 75, why would I want to remove the ability to do that? Why would I want to make crafting augmentation kits even more expensive, since 228 augments are just fine in about 90% of the content?

Random replies...

If all group content were scaled to 75, and if HM was tuned assuming SM gear and awarded slightly better gear than SM, and if NiM was tuned assuming HM gear and awarded slightly better gear than HM, how would that change your desire to continue to run such content after you had finished your own personal gearing?

It never did for me in the past, and I cannot imagine it would do so now - so I don't buy the 'I like running HM content with friends even if I don't need anything personally' argument as a good one to support leaving the content at 70 and no longer offering some level of gear progression through progressively more difficult content.

I also don't buy the 'but if I run solo mode FPs with the droid and RP in the cantina I should have the exact same gear as someone who runs more difficult content' argument either - though I also don't believe the ability to obtain good gear and improve ones character should be restricted to group / harder content either.

If you don't understand what changed about crafting in 6.0 from the past, then you didn't craft, so no use even discussing further as 6.0 crafting is not equivalent to pre 6.0 crafting in any shape or form.

Also you DO NOT gain full benefit of completing all stories, unlocking all class buffs, unlocking all companion bonuses, collecting all datacrons, etc while in capped content when capped (which is most of the time - even without 2x I'm always at or above the caps) as mastery, endurance, and power are capped, so character or account unlocks and benefits that in the past would have increased those stats no longer does so in capped content.

I have no issues paying the credit costs, but I have guild members and friends who struggle as they are just establishing themselves - and while I agree they need to continue to try and pull the excess credits from the game, the sinks they have set up are not going to do it.

Also the reason why so many credits are in the game is because of developer failures - full stop.

The developers left in massive exploits like the stack item split in 4.0, put items on vendors that could be sold back to the vendor for more than the purchase price, set up heroics to pay multiplicative on bonus payouts based on group size, set TH lockboxs to pay out way more in raw credits than mission costs, and put bottable slicing nodes with high credit amounts all over Yavin 4.

I don't have a solution to the credit inflation problem, but I do know hitting the average or newer player with high credit sinks for playing the game isn't the solution - not when there are players sitting on billions that have no problem covering these costs while the game does little to try and drawn down their excess credits (like add some really expensive items that are only for show like a stupid expensive mount, or stronghold, or 'hey look I'm rich' outfit, title, whatever).

Also not sure where you get that changes I'd like to see for crafting would prevent crafting sub 75 items - far from it.

I'd just like to see players able to craft gear at or close to 306 that doesn't require burning through absurd amounts of crew skill and group / conquest materials and multiple levels of useless garbage that is only crafted to play the RE lottery over and over.

Edited by DawnAskham

Because it says "Remove all sub 290 items", maybe? There are a lot of levels where you can't equip that gear, a lot more of them than where you can, and changing it so that that no longer makes any difference would mean a complete redesign on the entire game. No thanks.

Also, it wouldn't change my views at all. Gear is already dropping based on my current gear score, so once I max a toon's score, it's done, for itself, but if I need to tank an Op, or a FP for some friends, I won't be saying "sorry mate, I'd love to help you, but my gear's already maxed out"... Considering the context of my "random reply", you'd think that that would be fairly obvious? If I already had maxed gear, but was willing to help someone else, why would having maxed gear change my opinion now?

Edit: Spelling is hard...

Edited by robertthebard

228 augments are just fine in about 90% of the content?

The leadership team of my guild has recently implemented a policy which gates access to running all ops above story mode wearing a full set of 306 gear fully augmented in at least 276 augs.

The augs above 228 and below 276 are trash, their stats are way off from what's necessary.

Each expansion crushes the stats of the expansion prior. Expect the next expansion to retire 228 entirely. Just like at one point 258 gear was the envious top-of-the-line equipment, 276 augs will eventually be the new 228, and 228 won't even be worth considering to wear.

228 won't be "just fine" for anything.

Edited by xordevoreaux

The leadership team of my guild has recently implemented a policy which gates access to running all ops above story mode wearing a full set of 306 gear fully augmented in at least 276 augs.

The augs above 228 and below 276 are trash, their stats are way off from what's necessary.

Each expansion crushes the stats of the expansion prior. Expect the next expansion to retire 228 entirely. Just like at one point 258 gear was the envious top-of-the-line equipment, 276 augs will eventually be the new 228, and 228 won't even be worth considering to wear.

228 won't be "just fine" for anything.

Curious. So that's for what, about 5% of the game's total content?

I like the new system. Gear just piles up and you have to choose between stat increase or ability bonus. Crafting is a bit more challenging.

I did some crafting at the start, when stuff was going for crazy credits, but once it crashed, I stopped. I thought about doing the aaugs, but haven't bothered even looking for the schematics, not even sure where they drop from...lol

I did some crafting at the start, when stuff was going for crazy credits, but once it crashed, I stopped. I thought about doing the aaugs, but haven't bothered even looking for the schematics, not even sure where they drop from...lol

Augments new schematics don’t drop.

Trainer has the schemes and you reverse engineer the augment to get a chance to get a better scheme.

Top tier augments are pointless unless you have thousands of ember mats lying around. I don’t know what it’d weigh up but I’d say the grit teeth tactical is probably the easiest earner.

Augments 76 are easy to craft and cheap but you’d be lucky to earn back the credits for the credits and time spent making them.

Crafting sort of is either for self efficiency or for luck of having a CRIT on crafting a high income item like Grit Teeth which is sweet but is pure luck.

A big giant negative that you omitted is the sheer tedium of inventory management once you do have your gear.

Deconstructing 20+ items after *every* FP is a big chore, and if you dare to actually play the game instead, soon you will be interrupted by "inventory full!" after every boss, and then have to ask the group for bag clearance. Even though it's a universal problem so most people understand, it's still easy to feel shame for slowing the group down. Even toons that start with empty bags will encounter this before they finish the flashpoint weeklies.

I know the legacy cargo bay got an expansion with 6.0, but tbh our main inventory bag should have been expanded to two or three tabs as well, just to handle the sheer amount of crap that the 6.0 gearing system throws at us. Coupled with a much larger deconstruction window, at least then we could have a hope of finishing our playing session before having to empty the bags.

Better yet, an auto deconstruction filter option, with settings to deconstruct anything less than 306, deconstruct anything without gold amps, etc. would make the 6.0 gearing system 100000% better.

I play 15 alts but only needed six gear sets, so I do appreciate the advantages of the new system, but once my toons are geared the sheer hassle of dealing with inventory overshadows anything else. I find myself almost exclusively pvping again simply because PVP drops less gear in more condensed form (crates that you don't have to open immediately). Hell, I know people who don't even bother opening the deconstruction window--they just throw gear on the ground, destroying it.

Well that's as much work as RE'ing, since you have to confirm you want to destroy something before you can actually do it. They'd be better off just selling everything off, no matter the amount of credits it's worth.

I just want to be able to BUY max level mods from the vendor, like the good old days. Not this RNG crap.

There's too much emphasis on item rating over the actual stats. Why do some tank mods have higher Mastery than Endurance? Why do some dps mods have higher Endurance than Mastery?

It's to supposedly have options in how you want to balance your stats, but most people just follow what the theorycrafters say is BiS and don't give it another thought. I can't blame anyone for feeling that way.

Not that I disagree with your analysis about the sets, Gunslingers/Snipers aren't my mains ... but the Devs did say the point of the system, especially tacticals, was to change/stir up the playstyle. Sharpshooter/Marksman really isn't a dot spec, but pair the Agitating Energies tactical with the either Outlaw's Parlay or Precise Targeter and it becomes a dot spec, for example.

I really think that they intended for us to have several sets of gear in our inventory, to allow us to change things up based on the upcoming encounter (be it the next ops boss or the next pvp match). Its all part of the "horizontal progression" thing, or at least its supposed to be. Whether they achieve that goal is a matter for debate of course. If there are clearly BiS sets then I would say they are not achieving their goal of horizontal progression. I also think its a problem when the BiS set for a tank is actually a dps set.

In the devs defense though, I've certainly read some rising debate on a some of the so-called BiS sets. Many of the pinned messages on the theorycrafter discord haven't been updated since November, before the first round of nerfs. I've seen plenty of people discuss the value of, say, Authority over Tacticians for Ruffian/Lethality; or Apex Predator over Concentrated Fire for Gunnery/Arsenal. This is despite the pins suggestions for BiS. And of course those recommendations are mostly from a pve standpoint. Maybe these are bad examples, since they are "exclusive" to Dxun (exclusive except for renown crates and Kai Zykken). But even if the Dxun sets are BiS over the recommendations in the discord, that still negates the "horizontal progression" idea.

But again, I'll just say the same thing I've said many times before (like in the CF nerf thread). It would be far better to buff the underperforming sets than to nerf overperforming ones.

If Bioware intended for players to be constantly swapping gear out based on the situation, they would've added equip/loadout slots, because if they think I'm going to click a bunch of times to swap gear constantly, then they should buy me a new mouse. I already have to click 14 x 2 = 28 times to swap out gear from group content to PvP as a tank. That's a royal pain in the ***. I have groups that get impatient and pull for certain boss fights, leaving me without any utilities for the fight. I resent just having to swap tacticals in addition to this now (when I remember) but at least I can assign those to a quickslot. Still, that's quickslots I don't have for other things now.

Also the reason why so many credits are in the game is because of developer failures - full stop.

The developers left in massive exploits like the stack item split in 4.0, put items on vendors that could be sold back to the vendor for more than the purchase price, set up heroics to pay multiplicative on bonus payouts based on group size, set TH lockboxs to pay out way more in raw credits than mission costs, and put bottable slicing nodes with high credit amounts all over Yavin 4.

I don't have a solution to the credit inflation problem, but I do know hitting the average or newer player with high credit sinks for playing the game isn't the solution - not when there are players sitting on billions that have no problem covering these costs while the game does little to try and drawn down their excess credits (like add some really expensive items that are only for show like a stupid expensive mount, or stronghold, or 'hey look I'm rich' outfit, title, whatever).

Also not sure where you get that changes I'd like to see for crafting would prevent crafting sub 75 items - far from it.

I'd just like to see players able to craft gear at or close to 306 that doesn't require burning through absurd amounts of crew skill and group / conquest materials and multiple levels of useless garbage that is only crafted to play the RE lottery over and over.

Actually, there's Yarvok's Gratitude, which you can get by paying the ransom on Dantooine in Heroic 4 Reactor Ransom, which is basically a neon sign that says, "I'm stupid (or compulsive) enough to pay 150 million credits to get a stupid achievement" but agreed, there aren't enough credit sinks for the ultra rich that could buy out the entire market for an item/raw material on the GTN without feeling the pain. 150 million credits is a chump change for the multi-billionaires. Also, not enough was done to punish those that profited from the exploits that helped make them rich and contribute to the superinflation of the galactic economy. They got away Scot free

Edited by Tofu_Shark

There is your problem not the gear system once fully geared on all toons there is no rewarding endgame to a degree.

That's not an unfair comment actually. If they had something instead of it, I would be fine as well. What that would be, however, is another question.

If Bioware intended for players to be constantly swapping gear out based on the situation, they would've added equip/loadout slots, because if they think I'm going to click a bunch of times to swap gear constantly, then they should buy me a new mouse.

No. First of all, we already had to swap to different sets for pvp before 6.0. DPS players often want different amounts of accuracy for pvp. Tanks might have kept Warding B mods for pve content but would swap to Lethal B for pvp.

Secondly, all the Devs needed to do if they wanted us to utilize different sets of gear for different encounters, was give us multiple gear sets, just like they did. A gear loadout feature (like appearance tabs), more quickslots, etc., those are all quality of life features. The important thing it to get the sets out, make sure they work, make sure they are balanced (both still a work in progress, of course.) And, to the point of quality of life, they added the Materials inventory and added a 7th tab to personal and legacy cargo holds.

Lastly, Bioware is not at fault because you grouped with impatient rude people who wouldn't wait the 30-60 seconds it takes to swap out gear.

That's not an unfair comment actually. If they had something instead of it, I would be fine as well. What that would be, however, is another question.

You know, I actually agree with this statement.

Not to go back to the land of being token-crazy, but we already have reputation and tokens in the game.

Why not have in-game rewards be something like this:

• Completing Flashpoints get you Flashpoint Tokens
  • Completing Operations gives you Operations tokens.
  • Each Operation and Flashpoint has its own "Reputation" that you fill by running it and completing it. The Reputation Bar fills for each boss you kill while in that content.
  • Have a general Operations vendor and Flashpoints vendor. Every potential drop in every Operation and Flashpoint are in those vendors, and require the type of token it belongs to, as well as a certain level of reputation with that specific content to buy them. In the event of an Event Operation boss (Eyeless or Xeno), additional event tokens will also be needed.
  • Even though the vendors contain everything that drops, players can still get it from within the Flashpoint or Operation itself, and those drops are all converted to bind to Legacy, while all Vendor pickups are Bind to Character.

I could see something like this. Rewarded Reputation and tokens for completing the content you want to play, can still get the drops as normal, but also have a way to earn those drops in a limited fashion over a number of runs.

Not to go back to the land of being token-crazy, but we already have reputation and tokens in the game.

Why not? Because its going back to the land of Token-Craziness.

• Each Operation and Flashpoint has its own "Reputation" that you fill by running it and completing it. The Reputation Bar fills for each boss you kill while in that content.
  • Have a general Operations vendor and Flashpoints vendor. Every potential drop in every Operation and Flashpoint are in those vendors, and require the type of token it belongs to, as well as a certain level of reputation with that specific content to buy them. In the event of an Event Operation boss (Eyeless or Xeno), additional event tokens will also be needed.
  • Even though the vendors contain everything that drops, players can still get it from within the Flashpoint or Operation itself, and those drops are all converted to bind to Legacy, while all Vendor pickups are Bind to Character.

I could see something like this. Rewarded Reputation and tokens for completing the content you want to play, can still get the drops as normal, but also have a way to earn those drops in a limited fashion over a number of runs.

One problem with this is, people would complain that one section of the community is getting stuff, another isn't. Like the decorations from PvP, one of the compalints was (not sure if it still is) that certaain decos, only came from ranked, and people who weren't ranked material were invading it, so they could get the decos*. I use deco's as an example, because I love to decorate, and would probably do content I don't like just to get them...lol

Just have ONE token, and different content awards a different number of them; and gear for different tiers of content cost s different amount.

All The Best