Change gear back to the way it was before 6.0 please...

Jamalzero

No. First of all, we already had to swap to different sets for pvp before 6.0. DPS players often want different amounts of accuracy for pvp. Tanks might have kept Warding B mods for pve content but would swap to Lethal B for pvp.

Secondly, all the Devs needed to do if they wanted us to utilize different sets of gear for different encounters, was give us multiple gear sets, just like they did. A gear loadout feature (like appearance tabs), more quickslots, etc., those are all quality of life features. The important thing it to get the sets out, make sure they work, make sure they are balanced (both still a work in progress, of course.) And, to the point of quality of life, they added the Materials inventory and added a 7th tab to personal and legacy cargo holds.

Lastly, Bioware is not at fault because you grouped with impatient rude people who wouldn't wait the 30-60 seconds it takes to swap out gear.

You have taken my quote out-of-context. I stated right after the quoted text how tanks already have to swap out gear for PvP.

I didn't blame Bioware for impatient PUGs. Do not twist my words. I'm saying a QoL improvement for swapping gear out fast is justified and expected if their intention was for us to be constantly switching gear based on a given scenario.

Edited by Tofu_Shark

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Change gear back to the way it was before 6.0 please...

Yeah, change it back to Ossus gearing system, that worked well....:D

Agreed, the current system works well and is just fine if you ask me. The most important factor is that it's highly alt friendly. You only need to gear up 1 toon to 306 and then you can use that toon to gear up all your other characters, it's amazing. Plus, everything is legacy bound, so you can reuse gear and recycle it to other toons. It's amazing!

Agreed, the current system works well and is just fine if you ask me. The most important factor is that it's highly alt friendly. You only need to gear up 1 toon to 306 and then you can use that toon to gear up all your other characters, it's amazing. Plus, everything is legacy bound, so you can reuse gear and recycle it to other toons. It's amazing!

I agree. I prefer the 6.0 gearing system to any system that's come prior.