Bounty Hunting Event Issue

DanielSteed

• Replies 98
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Might be for the best. I logged while they were briefly up and turned in a bounty contract - got at least the XP (leveled) but did NOT receive a completed bounty contract. (turned in /bug report of course)

So might be best they are back down, since they are only partially working.

Was that on a quest waiting to turn in or a new quest? I did new quests on two of my alts with no issue and only ran into that issue on a character that had one waiting in que from before they went offline on Tuesday.

Was that on a quest waiting to turn in or a new quest? I did new quests on two of my alts with no issue and only ran into that issue on a character that had one waiting in que from before they went offline on Tuesday.

it seemed to work fine for some, but not others, some have said they've lost the bounty contracts .

Terminals were missing for me just now, as well.

Let's see... Alderaan stronghold transports fixed... nope, still vanishing for some

Alderaan stronghold training droids fixed... nope, some people still stuck in combat with them.

Planetary Bonus Series made repeatable dailies... nope, not being able to be picked up repeatedly from what I've heard.

Bounty Contract Week starts.... nope, promptly shut down twice in a row.

Seems like the only thing that actually happened was the Conquest changes and making Alderaan Estate 'safe'; everything else didn't do what it was supposed to and things that worked last time they ran (BCW) got broke in the process. Perhaps the worst patch in the two/three years I've been playing, I think...

Terminals were missing for me just now, as well.

Let's see... Alderaan stronghold transports fixed... nope, still vanishing for some

Alderaan stronghold training droids fixed... nope, some people still stuck in combat with them.

Planetary Bonus Series made repeatable dailies... nope, not being able to be picked up repeatedly from what I've heard.

Bounty Contract Week starts.... nope, promptly shut down twice in a row.

Seems like the only thing that actually happened was the Conquest changes and making Alderaan Estate 'safe'; everything else didn't do what it was supposed to and things that worked last time they ran (BCW) got broke in the process. Perhaps the worst patch in the two/three years I've been playing, I think...

Don't forget the few other things that were broken :/ Although, in all fairness, they are working from home, doing the best they can. They might not have been able to test as much, or organise as good, etc. At least the game is still playable, and hopefully the might be able to extend the BH week for those that still need the rep, or tokens.

What is going on with this event? I tried to click on the mission starter in the fleet and nothing happened. Although I've been playing for a while, I only started doing events recently so I was looking forward to doing this one for the first time :/

Short version? They had to pull the ability to do the event because an exploit was discovered after the latest patch.

At least the game is still playable, and hopefully the might be able to extend the BH week for those that still need the rep, or tokens.

Barely. It's better than another game I know that did a patch for new content and managed to make it where half the players couldn't even log-in. We just have to make sure we don't try to do anything related to the event or any of the bonus series missions. It's still frustrating, though. I LIKE the BCW event, it's probably my favorite of them all, and I'm missing out on it...

• Dev Post

Hey everyone,

The issues involving the Bounty Hunting event are a bit more complicated than we expected, so we had to remove the terminals once again. We apologize for all the issues this week and the impact it’s had on your game play. We know it’s just the start of Double XP, so we’ve decided to extend the duration of Double XP and the new end date is now June 16th.

Edited by DanielSteed

Yeah, I mean, thank you for the communication and the update... But can we please have the Bounty Hunting event extended another week?

Just returned after a few years away and I was really looking forward to gaining access to new reputation items. I'm not alone either based on gen fleet chat.

what was up with the bounty console anyway? was it somehow able to be clicked endlessly to complete the mission and get rewards? ive done it only once on tuesday and didnt notice anything since i was after the cq objective only so i relogged the second i got it.

what was up with the bounty console anyway? was it somehow able to be clicked endlessly to complete the mission and get rewards? ive done it only once on tuesday and didnt notice anything since i was after the cq objective only so i relogged the second i got it.

not 100% sure, but think some people were able to pick up more than 1 at a time. Didn't try the event till the terminal came back, and by the time I got there it was gone again...lol

Hey everyone,

The issues involving the Bounty Hunting event are a bit more complicated than we expected, so we had to remove the terminals once again. We apologize for all the issues this week and the impact it’s had on your game play. We know it’s just the start of Double XP, so we’ve decided to extend the duration of Double XP and the new end date is now June 16th.

Thanks for keeping us posted, Daniel!

I don't care about the double xp, lvling is ridiculously easy already (yes, yes, it's also double valor and renown). I would be more happy to hear you will extend the bounty event, because that's what I was actually looking forward to and that's what's not working.

I don't get why some of you want them to extend an even that is broken for another week, if they're not doing that already I'm assuming it's because they don't think they can fix it in time for the weekly reset.

I appreciate you extending the double XP event as good-will gesture, even if I don't really make much use of it, all of this can't be easy working from home and with everything that's going on.

I don't get why some of you want them to extend an even that is broken for another week, if they're not doing that already I'm assuming it's because they don't think they can fix it in time for the weekly reset.

I appreciate you extending the double XP event as good-will gesture, even if I don't really make much use of it, all of this can't be easy working from home and with everything that's going on.

Some people are just selfish, all they see is what they want, doesn't matter what's happening in the world :mad:

Some people are just selfish, all they see is what they want, doesn't matter what's happening in the world :mad:

Well I for one am presuming they can get it fixed within a few days, or if not, reasonably fast to extend (or restart, or whatever way you want to phrase it) the bounty event. The bottom line is, there are many people who were waiting for this event precisely, and are hoping for this event precisely to be made available again right after the fix instead of just extending double xp, which is unrelated to this event. I don't see what is selfish about it, considering it's the bounty event having issues, not double xp event, lol. It is a reasonable wish.

And what does "what is happening in the world" have to do with this particular problem, anyway? If you are referring to devs (so I assume) working from home and that slowing things down, umm, yeah? Let them take the time they need, we understand... again, all we ask is that we get the bounty event back after they have been able to fix it, instead of waiting several weeks...

Another vote here for restarting the Bounty week as soon as the issue is fixed (or the next free slot). I don't care about the double XP, I've been waiting two months for the bounty event to come back around! Don't want to have to wait another two months :(