The Best View in SWTOR contest has returned! ×

Conquest lost its shape and purpose

Stradlin

It's not backwards at all. While your doing a "3 hour Operation" as you call it, Your also getting points for killing mobs and guess what: You can send your companions out on gathering missions and raise your renown rank and get extra bonus points along the way

Strong in the Force, this one is.

I also delved deep into the Jedi Archives and found several Noetikons which imparted great and powerful insights, including...

Oh wait, who am I kidding, I don't need the Force! I'm a brilliant Hutt!!!! :rak_03:

Stronghold / Flagship decorations are not terribly useful in Flashpoints and Operations, which reward players with the best gear to conquer even more difficult objectives.

Imagine a galaxy far, far away where one quickly completes the easy Conquest objectives on a character, allowing them to decorate, and then going off to do group activities which award vastly superior gear.

<<Mimosa Time!>>

Dasty

Edited by Jdast

• Replies 690
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Was this a good or constructive advice back when solo cotnent was in a real tight spot conq-wise? "If you feel like you are not getting enough CQP from the solo stuff, just cap the toons you want by doing some MMs or PvP and then get back to your heroic mission grind".

More importantly: You actually nailed it. "then do what everyone else does" is exactly right. People who like doing planetary missions are doing planetary missions. People who don't like doing planetary missions but like conq are doing planetary missions. People who don¨t like planetary missions but like helping their guild are doing planetary missions. Getting fast and efficient conq is pretty monotone now. One activity for all.

I think its fun how you speak of this as if some obscene unnatural nightmare image. :D Today, right now, you can log in and get around 30k conq from companion gift spam, deco spam and garbage selling. Doing a GTN search or writing an /emote would be perfectly in line with those objectives, heh. Actually, writing a single /emote by hand would prolly make the toughest of the fleet janitot-tier of objectives! Picking a smile emote to use to another player being a nice fast 5k reward would make no less sense than companion giftng.

Play a pvp match. You get less conq than you get for giffting Treek a new toothpick. Grats.

You get 54k conq or so in 10 mins by doing planetary solo stuff. Easily. You get 1.5k from a GSF/pvp match, which lasts about 10 mins each.

Mostly good points I like your direction.

The only thing I don't like is them making very simplistic activities part of conquest. Like selling trash, or whatever other very simplistic basic activity they added to contribute points to conquest. I think this cheapens conquest a bit.

However, I agree with your notion that all niche group activities ought to reward conquest equally that way everyone can partake without having to do activities they prefer not doing, no compromising what the player enjoys doing for conquest points!

Why does PVP afford the least amount of rewards overall compared to all other systems in the game? That's a problem that needs addressed imo. I created a thread on this topic (in my sig) because I am a PVPer, and it's ridiculous how inefficient gearing via this activity is now. Especially when the present climate has been called the "Play it Your Way" era by Bioware themselves.

As a part of conquest, I definitely view PVP as a failing part. It's just a disjointed clunky piece right now. BW could definitely make improvements here.

It's not backwards at all. While your doing a "3 hour Operation" as you call it, Your also getting points for killing mobs and guess what: You can send your companions out on gathering missions and raise your renown rank and get extra bonus points along the way

Have to say, this reads like a joke:D Face rolling planetaries gets you 54k in 10 mins or so. In an effort to justify how insanely imbalanced this is when compared to pretty much all other activities,you end up talking about little extra you get from crafting or renown dings while opsing. :D "Why, it is true you are not really getting much of a..traditional pay for youur work. However, you can collect some empty bottles and pick up coins people have dropped and get some extra money that way."

Besides being utterly irrelevant, nothing stops the planetary mission runner from doing just that as well.So instead of shrinking the imbalance by .01% or something, it stays.

Mostly good points I like your direction.

The only thing I don't like is them making very simplistic activities part of conquest. Like selling trash, or whatever other very simplistic basic activity they added to contribute points to conquest. I think this cheapens conquest a bit.

However, I agree with your notion that all niche group activities ought to reward conquest equally that way everyone can partake without having to do activities they prefer not doing, no compromising what the player enjoys doing for conquest points!

Why does PVP afford the least amount of rewards overall compared to all other systems in the game? That's a problem that needs addressed imo. I created a thread on this topic (in my sig) because I am a PVPer, and it's ridiculous how inefficient gearing via this activity is now. Especially when the present climate has been called the "Play it Your Way" era by Bioware themselves.

As a part of conquest, I definitely view PVP as a failing part. It's just a disjointed clunky piece right now. BW could definitely make improvements here.

Optimist in me would like to think it is some massive oversight - a mistake that got made and is about to be fixed. It'd be easy and simple as heck to suppplement GSF&PvP with half a dozen(or dozens, like planetaries got) various generous 5k daily repeatables.

Edited by Stradlin

Why does PVP afford the least amount of rewards overall compared to all other systems in the game? That's a problem that needs addressed imo.

This I agree with. If you enjoy both pvp and pve that's great, but the current system is making pvp players who don't like pve gear up via flashpoints.

They don't want to be there, and I don't want them there. It's hard to have fun running flashpints when you have a group filled with players who obviously don't like what they're doing and (since I filter out hammer station) often don't have a clue about basic pve mechanics, or which flashpoints are more difficult than others.

let pvp players gear up via pvp only. the weeklies/dailies rewards should comparable to running a handful of flashpoints

Why does PVP afford the least amount of rewards overall compared to all other systems in the game? That's a problem that needs addressed imo.

There is widespread agreement on this point (at least in the two threads on this topic) with respect to Conquest points awarded. Not sure why Stradlin keeps screaming this point from the tallest tower on Coruscant. Though beware the argument he made about group content, it could come back to bite you both.

Personally, I would ramp the points awarded up significantly, but put a cap or diminishing returns after X number of matches per day.

It's on FPs and Ops where Stradlin's argument begins to crumble, particularly with respect to his 'time of completion' analysis.

Dasty

Edited by Jdast

Have to say, this reads like a joke:D Face rolling planetaries gets you 54k in 10 mins or so. In an effort to justify how insanely imbalanced this is when compared to pretty much all other activities,you end up talking about little extra you get from crafting or renown dings while opsing. :D "Why, it is true you are not really getting much of a..traditional pay for youur work. However, you can collect some empty bottles and pick up coins people have dropped and get some extra money that way."

Besides being utterly irrelevant, nothing stops the planetary mission runner from doing just that as well.So instead of shrinking the imbalance by .01% or something, it stays.

Optimist in me would like to think it is some massive oversight - a mistake that got made and is about to be fixed. It'd be easy and simple as heck to suppplement GSF&PvP with half a dozen(or dozens, like planetaries got) various generous 5k daily repeatables.

Ok so based on your very own logic. A person playing a PVP match get 1500 cq points for that match and a person raising their renown level gets 1320 points so shouldn't the reward be higher because it takes more work to raise a renown level than it does to complete a PVP match?

There is widespread agreement on this point, at least with respect to Conquest points.

I tryuly haven't seen widespread agreement on this thread. I hope it is there.

In hindsight; I do regret the original OP. My position on it hasn't changed, but it is purely subjective and I don't love trying to explain what got lost in the process anywhere nearly as much as people love getting a ton of stuff all of a sudden.

Its just that when writing it, my focus was on how ridiculously easy and fast reaching all targets had now come. I hadn't even noticed yet that GSF/PvP had actually gotten nerfed. Nerfed!! In a patch that made it possible to reach target in 10 mins via missions..and less if you combine missions and menial fleet tasks.

Edited by Stradlin

Ok so based on your very own logic. A person playing a PVP match get 1500 cq points for that match and a person raising their renown level gets 1320 points so shouldn't the reward be higher because it takes more work to raise a renown level than it does to complete a PVP match?

Hmm..Something could be said about how doing a GSF/ pvp match, or completing a planetary mission, or doing an FP or an OP has you reaching goals that requires " activity" from your part. Gaining renown, legacy lvls or xp is more of a passive supplementary thing that keeps running on bacground. Having said that, I truly don't care. Your way of seeing this has some merit. Besides, all activities give renown. I've not paid any attention which activities are good or bad renown. If alls roughly equal, then why not.

...It'd actually help in making it a tiny bit more relevant. Dinging renown levels does virtually nothing atm far as I can tell.

Edited by Stradlin

So...If GSF and PvP, which many of us agree, should offer more Conquest points:

Why would those players ever run group content? What happened to gravity? <<zing>>

After all, group content is the bread and butter of MMORPGs? :rak_01: Oh I love the word "conundrum."

STOP

MAKING

IT

SO

EASY.

YOU ARE NOW CONTRADICTING YOURSELF AND SPINNING me right round baby right round like a...

Seriously, I'm thinking of revoking your invite to my fffffffffaaaaaaaaaabbbbbbbbuuuuullllllooouuuuuuuusssss Pleasure Barge. The reason being, of course, it's anchored over a Sarlacc Pit on Tatooine. I'm worried you might slip and fall on the dance floor. <<currently busting out a move to Dead or Alive's -- 'You Spin me Round.'>>

:rak_03:

Dasty

We desperately need a Like, Dislike option.

Dasty would be forum MVP every month.

All The Best

It was an issue in to some degree in TOR tho, devs fixed it pretty handily quite a while back: both WZs and GSF used to give good conquest...if your team won.

And the complaints were MASSIVE from PvPers who kept getting stuck on teams with sucky players just there to TRY and get CQ points.... Which is why they added the play a match...

How long have you been playing this game? Seriously it's either not long enough, or you have a very selective memory.

I've always been of the opinion that PvP should be a side game. There are 2 quests where doing pvp specifically is part of the story and 1/4 of the characters can even SKIP that. Otherwise PvP has no bearing on the overall story at all... It's a side thing. I PvP and I'm fine with that... I don't PvP for the story, I PvP cause I wanna smack the crap out of people and that doesn't change. At least now I don't have to deal with unskilled screwing with PvP... For me it's win/win...

So what, I don't get as many points. BFD.... I can still spam menial tasks in between non existent queue pops (I can usually get 2 heroics done before a match)... And before you say why do I have to do extra stuff to get CQ, people who got stuck being FORCED to PvP had noting to do in between that awarded ANYTHING. All they could do was PvP and screw the actual PvPers who wanted to have fun over....

But I digress that I am not in the majority when it comes to why I want to PvP... I want a challenge, not a bunch of meat puppets for the slaughter. Too bad it seems like the majority just wants opponents to laydown... But then again most PvP players are griefers at heart anyways so I'm not sure why that even surprises me..

what are we arguing over exactly? I like new conquest better, if at least for the fact that I can now get half my guilds conquest in one night, then go play something that I'm new enough to where the grind hasn't burnt me out repeating the same content for 8 years.

And to anyone who starts up, I pay the same $15 a month for the lousy experience as anyone else. If it wasn't for the desire to keep my guild afloat, I wouldn't even be bothering with the cq cap.

what are we arguing over exactly? I like new conquest better, if at least for the fact that I can now get half my guilds conquest in one night, then go play something that I'm new enough to where the grind hasn't burnt me out repeating the same content for 8 years.

And to anyone who starts up, I pay the same $15 a month for the lousy experience as anyone else. If it wasn't for the desire to keep my guild afloat, I wouldn't even be bothering with the cq cap.

Basically, Stradlin (the OP), wants group content to give more conquest points. Nothing overly wrong with that. I think the issue comes largely from how they are arguing their point.

Edited by ceryxp

How long have you been playing this game? Seriously it's either.

You could have adressed the point I made about performance-based daily objectives. I guess it was either that or reminiscence on some long gone flame wars and undeniable imbalances of old.

If Conq in PvP/GSF is made in in such way that only participation gives very good amount of conquest, then it prolly does lead to a variety of frustrating situations. Tie conq. together with victories(like they used to) and performance, and this problem largely goes away."Performance" doesn't even have to be something spectacular. GSF and PvP both can have plenty of objectives that are within reach for anyone who tries to play the game.

Edited by Stradlin

Basically, Stradlin (the OP), wants group content to give more conquest points. Nothing overly wrong with that. I think the issue comes largely from how they are arguing their point.

It does appear norm here is discussing the poster at least as much as dicussing the point being made. . I talk about game mechanics and focus exclusively on arguments made instead of offering my..observations on people makin them. It stands out like a sore thumb.

Edited by Stradlin

You are all over the place as far as trying to make a point.

There are plenty of people for months if not longer who've come to these boards to post just how limiting conquest is for them.

Now that conquest has been shot wide open with tons of opportunities for people of all stripes, guild sizes, and play stiles to acquire conquest points, you come on board and complain, in so many words, that it's too easy.

Bioware can't make everyone happy. I don't believe it's ever made everyone happy. But I bet you'll find more people impressed than disgusted that there's now more choices available to complete conquest.

Totally agree with this. ^^

Totally agree with this. ^^

I, too, totally agree that conquest has been shot wide open. Now there is a gaping hole blastershot left to be meded and healed.

When it comes to buzzword bingo about "tons of opportunities" and " people of alls tripes" being able to " play their way".

..Well, if you want to make a ton of conquest fast, you have one playstyle available for you now. Do 8 year old planetary missions. That's it.

Start your day with menial busywork in fleet. Place 5 decos, give treek some gifts etc. Then off to tackle the daily planetaries. Pref. scattered across multiple different characters doing few missions form each planet. Do it again tomorrow. That's the playstyle that helps your guild and yourself as much as possible. If you want to get good conquestr fast, there is your only option.

Now, if you rather earn something like 400% less conquest by doing objectives that are vastly inferior such as any content that actually requires other people to happen..one can go right ahead. This is no different to what was before. Back then, if you wanted to earn some conquest without leaving the fleet, craft 100 things for an insignificant ding. Actual gains were elsewhere.

It takes 10 mins to make 54.000k conq now. a GSF match, or an FP etc hasn't even ended yet. Once that GSF match does end, you get 1500 conq from there. Entire digit missing here. Add it, and its still imbalanced as heck.

Edited by Stradlin

Where exactly is it written, that conquest objectives has to be group content (= "requires other people happen")?

You are the only one complaining about the new system. Get over it. If the current objectives are too menial for you, you don't have to do them. If you don't want to do old planetary missions, then don't do them. Do whatever content you want to. There are a lot of people who want to do fast solo stuff, and it's none of your business to complain they are getting CQ from objectives you are not interested in. That's how it's always been.

Since conquest was introduced, we've had more or less attractive objectives every week to pick from. I for one rarely choose any pvp missions, and even when GSF gives a lot of points, you wouldn't see me doing it because it's not something I would enjoy. I miss out on those points because I choose not to do them, but that's my decision. Yet you haven't seen me crying on the forums that just because I don't want to play gsf or pvp, other people shouldn't get points from those activities either.

Play your way. But let others play their way too.

You could have adressed the point I made about performance-based daily objectives. I guess it was either that or reminiscence on some long gone flame wars and undeniable imbalances of old.

If Conq in PvP/GSF is made in in such way that only participation gives very good amount of conquest, then it prolly does lead to a variety of frustrating situations. Tie conq. together with victories(like they used to) and performance, and this problem largely goes away."Performance" doesn't even have to be something spectacular. GSF and PvP both can have plenty of objectives that are within reach for anyone who tries to play the game.

Here's the problem...

You currently say 10 minutes to earn 50k CQ... OK, well that's with the 150% stronghold bonuses... But we'll set that particular bonus aside for the moment...

So if we want to make it equal to time wise, then we'd have to make the 3 PvP (daily, medals, participate) ones about 17k each with bonus... Now to make it fair, we'd have to make them once per day.... Now do you see why this is a problem? Now you're not getting ANYTHING for any subsequent match except the first...

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Under the old system we had participate, 8 medals, AND win as CQ goals.... It didn't help... you still had plenty of people just standing there doing NOTHING to help to get CQ... Let me explain just how easy it is to get 8 medals....

Mass Taunt - 3 medals

Self Heal - 3 medals

Stand in a SOI of any objective - at least 2 medals

Hit someone once - 1 medal

Oh look I already have 9 medals, plus my participation trophy... Now just to lose as fast as possible so I can get in the next match... Even with a win objective it's still faster to lose in a couple minutes and get a new match then to try and win.... This was especially bad with huttball...

I cannot stress this enough, high reward CQ goals RUIN PvP.... GSF was worse cause people would just suicide to get the match to end quicker...

... You need 4 planets and 4 heroic missions to reach at least 54k in 10 mins.

So, just did this this morning 4 heroics on 4 planets and got less than 50K (41,495). It did take longer than 10 minutes but the goal was to see how many points would be generated and not how fast it could be done. Planets were Coruscant (Enemies of the Republic), Taris (Knight Fall), Nar Shadda (Breaking Down Shadow Town), and Balmorra (Local Predators). Each subsequent group of "runs" yields 10K less since the daily "Complete a Heroic Mission" is gone. I think it is possible to get 54K on the first 4 heroics by ticking off a few of the "extra" objectives, but not at all on subsequent groups of 4, certainly not putting a 10 minute time limit on them.

So what do you propose to bring PVP "in line" with other "missions" that doesn't involve pure multiplication of rewards. The base reward for completing 1 PVP match is already 2x what is is for completing 1 heroic (other dings aside). So how about:

1) Kill 25 players in a PVP instance (could be each planet): 5000 CQ

2) Kill 50 players in a PVP instance (could be each planet): 7500 CQ

3) Complete a specific open world heroic in a PVP instance (could be multiple planets): 2500 CQ

Those are equivalent to the 3 big "Heroics" based CQ objectives. It also might return relevance to the PVP instances which are otherwise unoccupied.

So, just did this this morning 4 heroics on 4 planets and got less than 50K (41,495). It did take longer than 10 minutes but the goal was to see how many points would be generated and not how fast it could be done. Planets were Coruscant (Enemies of the Republic), Taris (Knight Fall), Nar Shadda (Breaking Down Shadow Town), and Balmorra (Local Predators). Each subsequent group of "runs" yields 10K less since the daily "Complete a Heroic Mission" is gone. I think it is possible to get 54K on the first 4 heroics by ticking off a few of the "extra" objectives, but not at all on subsequent groups of 4, certainly not putting a 10 minute time limit on them.

So what do you propose to bring PVP "in line" with other "missions" that doesn't involve pure multiplication of rewards. The base reward for completing 1 PVP match is already 2x what is is for completing 1 heroic (other dings aside). So how about:

1) Kill 25 players in a PVP instance (could be each planet): 5000 CQ

2) Kill 50 players in a PVP instance (could be each planet): 7500 CQ

3) Complete a specific open world heroic in a PVP instance (could be multiple planets): 2500 CQ

Those are equivalent to the 3 big "Heroics" based CQ objectives. It also might return relevance to the PVP instances which are otherwise unoccupied.

Maybe picking Coruscant as one of these planets was part of your " problem" just like picking DK made me need 5 planets instead of 4. Mobs in faction capitals don't give xp to max lvl players. At least not in all heroic areas. I did Toxic Bombs, Jawa Trade, Spring Thaw, DK one with Mando killing and Rock and a Hard Place. I was left with the feeling one could pick better ones, too. I bet short mission with a fast to-do bonus is better than a very short mission where bonus isn't available, or gets skipped. I did take a video of this run,I post it online once i find a way to edit my char name etc out of it.

As mentioned, i made lots of big mistakes in execution and planet picking both. Im guessing somebody who enters a proper time attack mode and actually does some research could do it in 9 mins or less.

When it comes to boldened bits in your reply...Yah, this is exactly the type of stuff I had in mind.. Only I was mostly thinking on more controlled environments. Ie, Warzones and GSF matches. They've added like 40-60, i dont even know, brand new objectives for planetary missions..and 0 for pvp/GSF.

Pvp specific daily repeatable objectives inside a match could include things like passiong a hutball,carrying a node thing to base in Ancient Hypergate, guarding a shield in the ..beach WZ. Defending and taking various objectives. For GSF and PvP alike, plenty of such daily repeatables could be tied to various medals, too. Objectives tied with earning certain number of medals are already there, only equally irrelevant for pvp and GSF alike. (pvp gives almost no points, GSF one is available like twice a year. Tweaking these a bit would be the nice 1st step. They could give daily ding for 8/16/24/32 medals earned for example.

Idea of promoting open world pvp via this stuff sounds great. Could be extra good in some super tight packed area like CZ. Could lead to actual warfare.

Edited by Stradlin

You are all over the place as far as trying to make a point.

This has been the crux of the problem.

1) The fact that you can do some silly objectives, like giving Treek a treat, has no impact on his broader argument about certain activities not rewarding enough b/c everyone can do it regardless of playstyle within seconds. This makes the issue moot. You can make the argument that those objectives are stupid and shouldn't be part of Conquest but that would apply equally to group-oriented players or solo planet heroes. If you're getting your group together to run an Op and you don't take the 5 seconds to give Treek a treat -- that's on you.

2) He keeps conflating GSF/PvP with Flashpoints/Ops when they are very, very different animals. His argument for GSF/PvP is pretty persuasive, though he doesn't seem to recognize the impact that would have on FPs and Ops. Maybe he just doesn't get it. Maybe he just doesn't care. Who knows? As you said, he's all over the map except for sticking to irrelevant points about Treek.

3) As noted by several, many of us are achieving Conquest goals -- even planetary yields -- very quickly. We are not then logging off, we are going on to do other activities that offer different rewards - as in group activities that reward better gear.

Time to move my pleasure barge to a different location, I find this locale boring now...:rak_09:

Dasty

Edited by Jdast

Here's the problem...

So if we want to make it equal to time wise, then we'd have to make the 3 PvP (daily, medals, participate) ones about 17k each with bonus... Now to make it fair, we'd have to make them once per day.... Now do you see why this is a problem? Now you're not getting ANYTHING for any subsequent match except the first...

How many brand new shiny daily repeatables did Planetary mission grind get again? 40?60? Even more? Nothing is stopping them from supplementing Pvp/GSF( and Fps/Ops to lesser degree) with dozens of similar, equally generous objectives.

1) t. You can make the argument that those objectives are stupid and shouldn't be part of Conquest

Yes, yes you can. Menial stuff in fleet is for no particular playstyle, everybody can do it in few mins. Should conquest be diminsihed into a daily login reward for one char/legacy/day is an issue of its own, but far lesser one than what we have to deal with. Be that as it may, of course such decision brings its own little dysfunctions and wait a moment-moments. "Hm, didn't that 10 min pvp match just give me less conquest than giving Treek a gift?"

2) ]He keeps conflating GSF/PvP with Flashpoints/Ops when they are very, very different animals. His argument for GSF/PvP is pretty persuasive, though he doesn't seem to recognize the impact that would have on FPs and Ops.

Every animal comes to drink their waters from the same conquest pond. Its a shared ecosystem. Useful, important and well liked currency that you get from all activities. So some effort should be made ensuring all activities are in same ballbark in terms of rewards.

3) As noted by several, many of us are achieving Conquest goals -- even planetary yields -- very quickly. We are not then logging off, we are going on to do other activities that offer different rewards -

Since you are busy grinding the conq yield of your one man guild, I think usual path here totally does involve logging off..and logging back in on new alt. And theen its off to do a new fast planetary mission round to bring that char, too, to conq target.Rince and repeat. Start over tomorrow. There is a unique, shared reward system that has huge communial undertones. Something you gather together with your guild.The ranked pvp'er, person who likes to run FPs and the planetary mission tourist all bring home this singular, shared currency that advances their guild and them personally quite a bit. Yet, rates with which the the planetary mission runner brings conquest home makes efforts of all these other people doing all these other activities look borderline insignificant. I'd guess it starts sounding bit more off to you by the time you done these missions for few more weeks.

You keep rolling with implication FPs and Ops should offer terrible conquest due to people gearing through them. Conquest alone had atleast myself and my million alts dressed up pretty nice. And this was in the past. I sure as heck didn't bring 30 or 20 chars a week to Conq then, Like people can do with ease now.

How to get that 1st char to 306 (fast) is a situation bit too comparable to current conq. Hf with that HS grind!! Or an FP spam at the very least. The one size fits all doesn't make much sense here either and should be looked into.

...However, its a pretty passing moment in one's life rly. At least that was my experience. You won't have to do it weekly. Or ever again really. All is legacy bound. Pass the gear around on and that 306 spreads across your legacy like an infection! When it comes to powerful set items, good tacticals...does somebody actually reliably loot this stuff from Ops or FPs or anywhere? I dont think I ever really gotten sets I wanted from anywhere besides fleet vendors personally.

Edited by Stradlin

Dear Forum Denizens,

Achieving personal Conquest awards you with 100 Tech Fragments and a Small Equipment Crate, most likely it will have set Items for the Victor, Amplified Champion sets (both of which actually useful, or at least select items; e.g., round out the 6 piece set of your choice with a 7th Amp Champ to give yourself a nice boost!). I've also actually used the Victor set when soloing Vet FPs with lots of trash mobs (and I'm on a non-stealth character). That healing helps. You can, and I have, been awarded some set items for my discipline, albeit rarely.

With that said, as the poster above me correctly noted, the optimal way to get gear is through the universal currency known as Tech Fragments.

Achieving personal Conquest, however, as noted above, only rewards characters with 100 Tech Fragments / week. But if you think that is the fastest way to obtain Tech Fragments, you should visit my new business establishment:

"Nasty Dasty's refreshing, wait for it, no seriously, wait for it...

Ice Cubes on Hoth! Yes, when you've braved the icy winds on patrol on Hoth, the best way to relax back at Dorn Base is in a skimpy bikini / speedo bathing suit with a refreshing icy cold drink filled with Nasty Dasty's Ice Cubes! Get 'em while it's HAWT! Remember, supplies are limited!!":rak_03:

Dasty

Edited by Jdast

It seems part of the OP and some others is they do not understand (or care) that a lot of us have alts we love playing. I sure in hell didn't get them to 75 just to sit in their strongholds all the damn time. While some just want to play one character some of us don't. I love playing with all my characters as they each have a unique back store (so sue me I'm a roleplayer so what). This game was made for alts. None of my characters, even if I have two sages or whatever, will ever be played the same. So far I have two sage, each has a different proficiency and therefore plays differently. I am able to play them all now and help our guild unlock our damn guild ship, which seems to be a problem for some.

I have actually played more this week than I have in over 2 years. I normally log in once a week and that's it. This week I have played every day.

Furthermore, I don't do the easy conquest and the next person that tells me you can do Section X in 10 minutes I am going to introduce them to some waterfront property that is for sale in Arizona. Even for my stealth character, it takes 45 minutes (at the least) to finish that blasted area and that is doing a lot of things in stealth. Then go to Onderon and tell me that takes 10 minutes.

Sure some will find an easy way, so what that is their prerogative but not everyone does it that way. I have found people even on Makeb doing the weekly just because they like the planet. This is why most people like this system. They can choose what they want to do and not be pigeon-holed into a few activities.

As has been stated over and over (almost like a broken record) yes they should raise some of the group activities because it takes a bit of time but if you are going to play that card then some of the other activities, Makeb and some of those dailies that take longer than 10 minutes should be raised especially since the argument seems to be those take longer well so does some of these.