Planetary Bonus Mission Conversion Feedback

EricMusco

As someone who is trying to record the story of their characters through the various cut-scenes and a fan of the Planetary Mission chains, please do not remove any of the cut-scenes from these places, the loss of many based around Heroics previously even if they had no impact on your story did have a lot of interesting little flashes of what life was like for the NPC's.

I see that some people have logged onto PTS to check to see if the Bonus Mission cut-scenes are intact, has anyone checked to see if the hand-in ones are? A lot of the missions that got turned into dailies/weeklies keep the original scene but then forgo the hand-in cut-scene in favour of a stock line of Dialog and a Accept button.

Well I can't comment on why it was decided, and having not completed them all yet I'm not sure what reward would be appropriate, but I think it's nice to have some extra options in terms of things to do, and I like the idea of "rescuing" content that might be obscure to many players and making it repeatable. Particularly content where the dialogue makes some references to players' unique class experiences.

The rewards do need to be changed based on the level of your character, especially if we can do the bonus for conquest. Most of these rewards are useless for level 75. If they don't want to give higher-level rewards for those level, then give me more credits instead of these rewards.

The newly-repeatable Belsavis has some bugs. [ETA: impside imperial agent]

1: If you choose the [Refuse Mission] option in the initial conversation, it gives you the next stage of the quest anyway (though you can’t talk to Vorel, even though you can enter the instance)

2: I ran into a bug on the first step of the chain for Locke, after freeing the gang members, the game prompted me to return to Locke, and the map marker updated to match. However, the NPC seems to be checking my existing completed state and not the currently running repeatable, since he doesn’t initiate conversation and just says something about the experiments being up and running soon.

This second one was resistant to both zoning out to stronghold and back in, and to logging out and back in. Fully exiting and restarting the client, unfortunately, didn’t fix the problem either.

Edited by CherryFlight

The Alderaan bonus arc is locked out. My sniper which completed every single mission possible in the game which I happily transferred to the PTS some time ago went to Alderaan to see it, and the bonus arc quest giver Lord Serjay Thul just thanks me for the work I did for him. I even went to Fleet to check to see if the breadcrumb NPC (I've heard about him but never have seen because I didn't play Imp side until well after the initial changes to the bonus arc so don't have any idea where to look) that should send me back to Alderaan was present. I didn't find this NPC anywhere on Fleet.

Same problem on Pub side, too. My Guardian who had completed the Alderaan bonus arc cannot pick the mission back up from Major Brom who simply says, "It's been an honor," when I try talking with him.

Please restore the bread-crumb NPC giver for this (if they even existed), or unlock the quest givers on the Alderaan specifically.

Additionally, the following planets' bonus arcs aren't showing as available or mislablled (specified below) to pick up on my toons that have completed them all in the past. I figured I'd just check all of them since Alderaan's bonus arc was broken for repeatability.

Imperial side:

Balmorra: unavailable

Nar Shaddaa: showing as Exploratory Mission

Tatooine: showing as Exploratory Mission

Alderaan: unavailable

Taris: showing as Exploratory Mission

Republic side:

Taris: showing as Exploratory Mission

Tatooine: showing as Exploratory Mission

Alderaan: unavailable

Balmorra: unavailable

From another thread by devs;

There are a number of changes NOT available in this build that will be available in a future PTS patch, they are:

Planetary "Bonus Series" Missions have been converted into new Daily and Weekly Missions! You must have completed your Class Story on the respective planet for them to be available:

Taris

Balmorra

Tatooine

Voss

All planned Conquest changes:

Expect the UI to look strange as it is a work-in-progress

The Objectives that are available are not accurate

Changes based on your feedback have not yet been implemented

1. CUTSCENES - Thank you for making the cutscenes repeatable!!!

2. REWARDS - Is it possible to return some of the older cosmetic armor rewards, possibly as legacy-bound versions for any class? I like that these quests give cosmetic rewards (alliance crates) but it would be cool if they also gave something unique to the bonus series. Example here is a unique set that was only reward to trooprs doing the balmorra bonus series in the past https://torf.mmo-fashion.com/vanguard-elite-upgrade/ (I think this coloration has no exact way to get it ingame anymore!) Maybe each bonus series rewarded one full set of armor. And like the alliance crates you can sell it if you don't want it.

3. PTS - it seems a lot of stuff is not complete. Ex Alderaan was not marked as repeatable republic side.

4. NEARBY QUESTS - It's kind of confusing because there is other quests in the area marked as exploratory quests that are not the matching level and give rewards for low level. Ex this one on republic Alderaan https://pbs.twimg.com/media/ESe0e54UEAAvsHI?format=png&name=small and this one on republic Nar Shaddaa https://pbs.twimg.com/media/ESer1ATUEAAE4t7?format=jpg&name=large

From another thread by devs;

I scoured the dev tracker and did not find this quote that you copied it from. Secondly, if you looked at my first post, the toons I used were ones that had completed every single class mission, planetary arc mission, and bonus mission in the game before they were transferred over. That is specifically why I used those toons to check the availability of all the planetary bonus arc mission quest givers. And some of the ones that you quoted as not being there yet on the PTS are there and working. And others that aren't listed are also working, such as Hoth. I did not feel like I needed to list the ones that are working properly.

I scoured the dev tracker and did not find this quote that you copied it from.

http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=976887

Maybe next time, check the PTS topics, instead of the dev tracker.

Next time also do look at previous posts, I reported the same thing (not in as much detail as you did) on this thread a few days ago.

Edited by ZolanSilverspear

Really why must you do that to the bonus series I like doing the bonus series a along side class and plantery missions as part of my story and making them dailes that you'll most likey take the cutscenes away and the over arching bonus story that asks to do so will mess up me enjoying the story of the bonus series. first you take away the ability to turn in heroics to the quest giver and see the ending cutscenes for them now this so much for story in this game anymore

There is no reason why they need to take away the cut scenes. There is already a mechanism to space bar through them for people who don’t want to watch it. I can’t see the logic in them removing them just because they turn them dailies as well.

I really hope I’m right about this because as you say, the planetary arcs when played during the class quests are great. But I do think some of you are worrying for no reason.

Logically, removing the cut scenes would require more work than just making them a daily. It will most likely be set up the same as doing flash points with cut scenes. You can just space bar through it to speed it up if you want to.

There is no reason why they need to take away the cut scenes. There is already a mechanism to space bar through them for people who don’t want to watch it. I can’t see the logic in them removing them just because they turn them dailies as well.

I really hope I’m right about this because as you say, the planetary arcs when played during the class quests are great. But I do think some of you are worrying for no reason.

Logically, removing the cut scenes would require more work than just making them a daily. It will most likely be set up the same as doing flash points with cut scenes. You can just space bar through it to speed it up if you want to.

I was on the PTS this weekend and when I did the bonus series (on Nar Shadda and Hoth) the cut scenes were still there so I don't think there is anything to worry about.

I was on the PTS this weekend and when I did the bonus series (on Nar Shadda and Hoth) the cut scenes were still there so I don't think there is anything to worry about.

Including the turn in ones? or do these now autocomplete like heroics? I'd check myself but I'm not in the position with my internet where I can download PTS.

Including the turn in ones? or do these now autocomplete like heroics? I'd check myself but I'm not in the position with my internet where I can download PTS.

I actually had to go back and turn them in for the bonus missions. I really didn't check out the other missions, especially the heroics as I didn't feel like doing heroics. I just wanted to check the bonus missions and the cutscenes for them.

I'm glad to see more daily content.

But now this makes me wonder if there is hope for what I really want: the return of Ilum dailies!

I love dailies, they're my primary gameplay, and Ilum particularly is a planet I find beautiful and relaxing in atmosphere.

It never made sense to remove them from the game, and there was never any acknowledgement from the devs (at least on Dev Tracker), much less an explanation as to why.

Ran into an issue with Hoth's bonus series: I'm using a copied character that had already completed the Hoth bonus series, and while I was able to pick up the bonus series just fine in Aurek base, I can't continue. The next step is "Complete 'The Lost Patrol' for Captain Armaruk", but whenever my character talks to Captain Armaruk, I get post-quest dialogue instead of the cutscene to pick up 'The Lost Patrol'.

I'm glad to see more daily content.

But now this makes me wonder if there is hope for what I really want: the return of Ilum dailies!

I love dailies, they're my primary gameplay, and Ilum particularly is a planet I find beautiful and relaxing in atmosphere.

It never made sense to remove them from the game, and there was never any acknowledgement from the devs (at least on Dev Tracker), much less an explanation as to why.

Ilum dailes? the only missions i can guess you are talking about are the missions they hid and that to do them again you have to open up you map and click the little box that says something like enable exploration missions but they only can be played one per character and when i think of dailes i think of missions you can do once a day so don't know if they are what you are talking about

Edited by GrievousReborn

Ilum dailes? the only missions i can guess you are talking about are the missions they hid and that to do them again you have to open up you map and click the little box that says something like enable exploration missions but they only can be played one per character and when i think of dailes i think of missions you can do once a day so don't know if they are what you are talking about

Right. And you used to be able to do them more than once. Then they turned them once per character.

As IzumiCurtis said, you used to be able to do them once per day instead of once per character. They were almost "hidden" in terms of being dailies, because they never had the [DAILY] tag on them like other dailies do.

I will also add that, even with the Exploratory Missions checkbox in Map on, one or two missions (at least impside) aren't accessible anymore at all, not even once per character. (As I've noted on more than one brand new character reaching Ilum.)

More Belsavis Bonus Series testing:

When I noticed the trouble mission for the Belsavis bonus from my previous post had been reset on logging into my Imperial Agent, I thought it was fixed. Unfortunately, Locke still won’t allow him to turn in the quest. Abandoning both quest and backbone was met with Locke acting as if I’d cleared the mission without giving it to me in the first place this time. Testing pubside on my Smuggler....had mixed results. It worked mostly as intended, but the quest “Riot” was skipped - it asked me to complete no objectives, but directed me straight to Devlin, where the quest chain continued as normal. Otherwise, I was able to complete the bonus series without any problems.

To see if the impside set was broken or if it was just my agent, I switched to my Sith Warrior to see if he could overcome the hurdle my agent had stumbled over. Short answer: Nope.

Conclusion: Belsavis bonus series works fine for Republic characters in current PTS build (with a single hiccup that only affects the story flow - would like it fixed but it’s playable at least), but is broken for Imperials.

Did Nar Shaddaa this time, on my Knight and my Agent, both having already completed them before their import from live. The Republic side went smoothly, so nothing really to say there.

The Imperial side had a small wrinkle that thankfully didn’t inflict playability. On the last quest, after speaking to Narvusin to initiate it, the backbone mission’s description is blank, though the map marker still correctly points you to Stron. On speaking to him, the mission Zero Protocol is correctly granted, but the backbone mission directs you to return to Narvusin! I imagine it’s possible to skip the last quest through this, though I didn’t try. I was more interested in finding out if the turn-in for Zero Protocol was intact or if it would interfere with the clearly-glitched backbone. Thankfully, it didn’t interfere, and I was able to both collect its reward and finish the bonus series! Still, might want to look into avoiding the ability to sequence-break the plot.

As far as actual feedback goes, I’d like to +1 the sentiment that rewards need to be made more relevant. I’m not complaining about the Alliance Crates at the end (I will never complain about another repeatable source of crates, variety is a good thing), but the individual quest rewards are largely irrelevant now - especially the companion off-hands, which don’t even have cosmetic value! Maybe consider changing the individual bonus series quests to give level-scaled gear the way heroics do before the switch over to crates?

Hi again, it looks like Hoth is broken for both sides, on characters that have completed it before. My Agent could not receive the first mission from Jevad and my Knight could not receive the first quest from Armaruk.

I noticed there was a small patch but I’m not sure what it was for. Probably some other area of testing. Impside Belsavis is still broken too. Are the others ready for testing yet? (Also, which Balmorra and Taris will be available for testing? Both?)