Swtor’s 10th anniversary

Delani

This reminds me of that family guy moment where julia roberts goes: "me, me, meeeeee!".

Would be nice to have a new class. But new content or client 64 bit revamp would be positive. New class would be nice but it's not strictly needed.

Edited by Nemmar

It basically all comes down to wether the license gets renewed, and how long for. If we get another 10 years, there 'might' be enough of an incentive for them to put in the resources to upgrade to 64, add new classes, etc. Might be a pipe dream even then. But we won't know till it actually gets renewed. No point in whining about it, or throwing your dummy from the pram. We just have to sit back relax, and enjoy the dribbles as they are fed to us ;)

Isn't it amazing how that some folks see things in light of their own personal vendetta against this game...

IMO .. There are always possibilities. My only concern is how player input is ignored (when that input should be listened to).

That said: the current team has demonstrated both skill and ability to take this game to the next level. There is more than enough room for a good writer to bring another class into the mix. The seed plot of another good story is unquestionably there. New graphics techniques have been demonstrated more than once since the drop of 6.0

**Crafting needs help.

**Bugs need squashed.

**PvP could STILL use some help.

**Companions as they were first introduced need to return to being an active part of the game and grow much, much more. (Much in the same context as Lana in the KotFE / ET series (several really good suggestions have been made in this area).

**A new class could and should be introduced.

**And yes another good SH (space station of chalet / retreat).

There are always possibilities. Really interesting possibilities at that !

I'll still hold out for the best. Since (for now) this IS the best available (as odd as that may sound for some folks) … I think I'll just stick around for a while longer.

i find it allways funny on this forum how fanboys and girls defend the company that was bioware in these matters.

its not like they are working for them and they are paying customers aswell.

just let real bioware employees come and defend why they dont put new classes in game if not.

otherwise it just like your oppinion man.

/rant

The chances of getting a new class are next to nil. You may as well just quit now. 🤩

You may be right …

Then again … You may not ! If at any time the BW team makes it clear that a new class will never happen … then so be it. And yes that is entirely possible. But since that has not happened … let's just wait and see. BTW: it should be noted that if BW does make such a statement that is their business... and I'm OK with that as well.

ONE thing about OP statement …

If this 10th anniversary doesn’t include the addition of a new class then don’t even bother doing anything.

That is not just demanding …. that's more of an "or else" attitude. NO team on any game is going to listen to that. Granted some teams don't listen to anything at all … :eek:

For me, there always are, and always be: possibilities.

JQ: you have your thoughts on the matter … and so do some of the rest of us! ;)

To clarify. The amount of work that would be required to add a new class to this old game on this old engine would be so great that re-doing the entire game on a new engine would be more likely.

So, I think the chances of a new class in SWTOR1 are next to zero, but SWTOR2 would be a whole other story. 😍

I'd like to see an SWTOR2 as long as they don't change things too much. Guild Wars eventually became GW2, but while I played GW1 for many years, I didn't like GW2. 🙂

It would need to happen soon too - I'm not getting any younger. 😏

Edited by JediQuaker

I think this is a silly statement asi would rather them fix issues, upgrade the engine, bump up the story, lets choices choose faction, and other content 100 times more than i would care for a new class....

BUT...

That having been said I wonder what thus supposed new class people think we are missing is? Every time someone brings this up i think thru what kinds of characters there are and what skills exist in the films and lore, and where is this gap people think exists?

What new class would make any plausible sense? This isnt Wow or one of those games where you can say oh hey give us a Bard class or some nonsense. So... what exactly do people feel we are missing cause frankly i dont see it.

I think this is a silly statement asi would rather them fix issues, upgrade the engine, bump up the story, lets choices choose faction, and other content 100 times more than i would care for a new class....

BUT...

That having been said I wonder what thus supposed new class people think we are missing is? Every time someone brings this up i think thru what kinds of characters there are and what skills exist in the films and lore, and where is this gap people think exists?

What new class would make any plausible sense? This isnt Wow or one of those games where you can say oh hey give us a Bard class or some nonsense. So... what exactly do people feel we are missing cause frankly i dont see it.

i whould suggest an animal breeder/trainer and its mirror a droid oprator/builder.

You may be right …

Then again … You may not ! If at any time the BW team makes it clear that a new class will never happen … then so be it. And yes that is entirely possible. But since that has not happened … let's just wait and see. BTW: it should be noted that if BW does make such a statement that is their business... and I'm OK with that as well.

ONE thing about OP statement …

That is not just demanding …. that's more of an "or else" attitude. NO team on any game is going to listen to that. Granted some teams don't listen to anything at all … :eek:

For me, there always are, and always be: possibilities.

Its more of a "whats the point of adding anything, if your not going to FINALLY introduce a new class after 10 years" not an or else. Just because you may think like that doesn't mean I do.

To clarify. The amount of work that would be required to add a new class to this old game on this old engine would be so great that re-doing the entire game on a new engine would be more likely.

So, I think the chances of a new class in SWTOR1 are next to zero, but SWTOR2 would be a whole other story. 😍

I'd like to see an SWTOR2 as long as they don't change things too much. Guild Wars eventually became GW2, but while I played GW1 for many years, I didn't like GW2. 🙂

It would need to happen soon too - I'm not getting any younger. 😏

You are out of your mind if you think they are doing a SWTOR 2 when this game cost 200 million to make, and adding a new class would not be harder than completly overhauling the entire game into a new engine lol

But I would much rather prefer they update the engine and covert this game to 64 bits so it doesnt only run off of one core than a new class in almost every scenerio

Edited by Delani

BUT...

Look at reddit or even other post in the forum threads, people have wanted a new class for a while. Some people want an SiS agent, grey jedi, wookie, a bounty hunter that uses a rifle, etc

You’re assuming there will be a 10th anniversary or that the game won’t just be in maintenance mode?

I’m so excited at how big the next expansion will be /sarcasm

you need to move your bed, so that you can get out of the other side every morning, and see the world from a different side. Take a break from the computer, find a quiet spot, find some beauty in the world, and shed the negative. The world might end tomorrow, but if it does, you won't change it by stressing over it today.

Swtor might end tomorrow, so instead of seeing it in a negative light, see each day as a new day that you get to play, while it's still here.

*Having a drink while browsing the forums can be enlightening ;)

I have to wonder if anyone has taken the time to consider the cost of this new class? VAs run about 400 bucks a session, they'll need two for each faction for the PC, they'll need all of the companions, they'll need a story, and the story main/side NPCs VAs, and that's just the superficial stuff. We saw how well the KotoR style dialog went, so I'm sure they're going to have to avoid that for an entire 50ish level story for these classes, otherwise, I can see the same people coming back with "if you couldn't do it right, why bother" threads. A pet class will be fun, until they get into PvP, right? Then we'll have a whole new mess of "but it's OP and needs to be nerfed".

So I'm not really seeing where the money's supposed to come from, for one, and I'm not seeing the benefit to the game, for another. Two more classes to do for about a day or two, and then it's "we need another new class". :rak_02:

I don't think adding a new class is realistic because of all the voice work that would need to be put into not just the base game, but every future story update as well. Obviously, developing a full-length original class story would be quite expensive as well.

Maybe we can hope for new skill specs for existing classes though, which gameplay-wise, play as a new class would. Or perhaps, new advanced classes.

It all comes down to how much support SWTOR is getting though. If the game is in a really good place and finding lots of success again, I believe it to be possible.

You are out of your mind if you think they are doing a SWTOR 2 when this game cost 200 million to make, and adding a new class would not be harder than completly overhauling the entire game into a new engine lol

* sigh * 🙄

I in no way suggested that I think they are actually doing an SWTOR2 - I really have no idea.

The point was that, if they were going to try to add new classes to SWTOR, it would require so much work that it would only make sense if they were to make an SWTOR2 with a new engine while they're at it.

I'm not expecting an SWTOR2, nor am I expecting any new classes. I'm willing to be surprised. 😀

And, hopefully, any new SWTOR2 would essentially be SWTOR with a better engine and some new classes.

Edited by JediQuaker

There are at least a couple of "semi-new" classes that make sense. Basically, a Republic Bounty Hunter, Imperial Smuggler, Imperial Trooper, and Republic Agent.

There are at least a couple of "semi-new" classes that make sense. Basically, a Republic Bounty Hunter, Imperial Smuggler, Imperial Trooper, and Republic Agent.

we had a bard class (of sorts ) in swg.....was fun, no idea how it'd translate here though. The structures were compltetely different :/

and, also those class ideas have come up before, and are still cool, but again, it depends on what happens when the contract runs out :)

Edited by DarkTergon

i whould suggest an animal breeder/trainer and its mirror a droid oprator/builder.

Intriguing idea i guess, could you name on in the lore for reference?

I was a hunter main in WoW for a decade so i get the appeal, just not sure how it fits in this universe?

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.