Alderaan Stronghold Feedback Phase #1

EricMusco

- What is your general feeling on the Stronghold?

Absolutely love the stronghold! It's HUGE and looks awesome. Love the huge property outside of the stronghold itself and can't wait to see what the transport droids will eventually do. Also, the stained glass window and reflection in the main room is very cool, very beautiful, and very nicely done.

- Are there any specific rooms you like, or don't like, and why? Please be specific.

My favorite by far is the Mountain Retreat, those windowed rooms and balconies man! You all have really outdone yourselves. The building set off from the main stronghold is a nice touch. I'm scared of what it will cost to unlock all this stuff LoL. All in all it's all beautiful, but the Mountain Retreat is amazing.

The Killik tunnels are very cool as well, another nice touch. Just wanted to mention them too.

- Does the Stronghold feel too big? Too small? Why?

Not at all, it IS huge, but it feels majestic - like a castle made for a king and/or queen, it's perfect!

- If you could change one thing about the Stronghold, what would it be?

This will sound petty, but when you first come in the main entrance, before you get inside, I'd love for there to be a hook on that brick wall so I could hang something there for all to see when they enter the stronghold.

- Does the increased hook density feel too cluttered?

Nope. I don't see any problems with the hooks you have placed so far. Just gives us lots of opportunities.

- Does the number and placement of hooks feel to restrictive given the Stronghold's decoration cap?

No, I wouldn't say too restrictive, maybe too few in some places, though overall pretty good.

- Anything else you want to add?

This is the first stronghold that has made me want to leave my Yavin 4 stronghold. Very nice job all around!

• Replies 94
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I absolutely LOVE this stronghold. I will definitely buy it when it goes live. I love the interior design and color scheme. The stained glass in the main hall is beautiful. I also appreciate the number of starship and centerpiece hooks available here. That was one of my biggest disappointments in other strongholds is that there were not very many of them. I really like how this stronghold is almost entirely new-looking but has one small area of ruins. It makes it feel very inhabitable, but also gives it a sense of age.

Also, the number of possible hooks is fantastic. A stronghold this size should have at least 1,000 and this one currently has that. The density of hooks is good as well. If anything, increase the maximum number of usable hooks, don't decrease it. If people want another stronghold for easy completion for the bonuses, go buy another Coruscant tower.

The Killik hive is a neat idea. I personally don't like it, but I could see that being very popular.

The overall size of the stronghold is fantastic. I really love having a large sprawling estate. Since I mostly play as the sith inquisitor, it finally feels like we have an estate worthy of a dark council member.

Suggestions:

1. Please add a couple of banner hooks to the front of the main estate on the outside. (Kinda like how Yavin has them).

2. There's several areas where mounts are not permitted. This stronghold is too large to not allow mounts everywhere.

3. PLEASE add a second story to the main estate hall. The exterior of the building is huge and I love that. I would like to see that exterior space reflected on the interior.

4. On that second story, please add some windows. The current estate feels a bit like a bunker or a crypt, albeit a beautiful one.

5. The throne room is an amazing touch. I love having a dedicated room for that with the window behind. Please add the ability to place large decorations on the throne spot. I really want to place my dark eternal throne there.

6. I really like the mountain retreat areas behind the main estate. It would be nice if there were a few more rooms there and if those rooms had windows.

7. It would also be nice to have a rooftop garden area on top of the main estate.

This stronghold is a gorgeous and welcome addition to the game. I am so excited for it to finally go live. Thank you!

What is your general feeling on the Stronghold?

-Love it!

Are there any specific rooms you like, or don't like, and why? Please be specific.

-I love the rooms with the large wall-sized windows.

-I don't like the Killik cave very much. Wish there was a choise to remove all the eggs and mounds and just have a regular cave.

Does the Stronghold feel too big? Too small? Why?

-Not too big at all. In fact I wish some areas were even larger. Like the castle interior. Wish that there was a second floor and maybe a balcony overlooking the valley.

-The ruins are way too small. I wish there were additional rooms or even elevated ledge like at the Elysium.

If you could change one thing about the Stronghold, what would it be?

-I would in fact add smaller hooks on top of the starship hooks like you did with the centerpiece hooks. AND make sure when you change starship hooks to smaller centerpiece hooks they too would have the smaller hooks on top. Added customization options are ALWAYS welcome!

Does the increased hook density feel too cluttered?

-No. Like I said added customization is always great!

Anything else you want to add?

-Please update the Stronghold menu. Some of us with 60+ characters cannot assign the right owners since the names do not scroll.

-Thank you for this marvellous Stronghold! Keep making more! <3

Edited by Stubeshtainer

• Overall it looks great ! (although my favorite location is Rakata Prime).
  • The Western Lodging great room is my favorite. It has the best view. Need a bigger fireplace on the CM.
  • I'm allergic to bees so you can guess what I don't like but a great place to store decos I despise.
  • The rooms feel about the right size except the main hall. It needs at least balconies to justify the height.
  • I'd rather have the huge entrance grounds as a backyard instead of the main entrance.
  • The more hooks, the better. We don't have to use them but it gives us a lot of variability.
  • I'm a modest decorator so just having plenty of hooks to choose from is all I require. I rarely hit the cap.
  • A few neighbors in the distance would look nice. Need to add some more animals (nerfs) on the CM.

Edited by Selkcun
Changed my mind

Overall I like it, but it could use some improvement. My favorite stronghold is Tatooine, which I love because it has a good mix of interior and exterior spaces. The outdoor spaces of Alderaan are mostly excellent. There are a few places with a paucity of hooks. The interiors could use some work. As has been mentioned, please remove the mount restrictions throughout the entire stronghold (and while you're at it, please do the same for Umbara). Some more care could be given to the placement of static objects. In several places lights, molding, accents, etc are noticeably off center. The biggest issue for me with regard to the interiors are the small rooms. Specifically the absolute lack of them. The stronghold needs some small rooms. Add another building with four or five small, about Tatooine or Nar Shaddaa size, rooms, or make that unusable door on the lodgings building open up to another area with several small rooms.

Are there any specific rooms you like, or don't like, and why? Please be specific.

For specifics about the placement issues I mentioned above I'll have to go back and walk around a bit. I like the main hall with the stained glass. It would be beyond awesome if that was a deco that could be changed. The three side rooms are fine. I think the hook placement is okay. I like that there are several large hooks rather than a single dominating centerpiece like the underwater rooms in Manaan. The throne room is overall okay (that is one room where I noticed off center static objects), but the dais could use more medium hooks. Perhaps add medium hooks to the left and right of the one center hook and remove the two small hooks currently in those positions (leave the two that are further forward, closer to the stairs). This would allow for those who want two thrones to place them side-by-side, while those who want a single throne with guards can convert the two outer medium hooks to smalls. Upon initial exploration of the killik cave I agreed with others that it was a largely unusable space with too few hooks. But on my way out I noticed the control stalagmite. Being able to populate the cave with killiks makes it so much better. I might finally have reason to use my killik mounds, eggs, and larva decos.

The stronghold doesn't feel too big, but with the lack of some small rooms it feels incomplete. Please add some smaller rooms.

Add some (4-5) small (Tatooine or Nar Shaddaa size) rooms.

It didn't feel so on my initial walk through. I'll take another look.

Does the number and placement of hooks feel to restrictive given the Stronghold's decoration cap?

Again, it didn't feel so on my initial walk through. I'll take another look.

Please add some (4-5) small (Tatooine or Nar Shaddaa size) rooms. I can not stress this enough.

Summary:

It's obvious even with this first phase that you've done a ton of work on this stronghold and have incorporated a lot of our feedback from past strongholds regarding hook count. Definite buy for me.

The good:

1. While I had been personally wanting just a cabin, love the size, glad it's you can get lost in it.

2. I see hooks, hooks, and more hooks! Good job!

3. I like that there's a mountain lodge

4. Love the massive windows and that you see that we're surrounded by pines & snow

5. LOVE that there's a big open explorable area of land re: xy -501,334 but that area needs more hooks.

6. Like the stained-glass window but the god rays could be a wee bit fainter, not much

7. Cool explosion to open up the Killik area.

The needs fixing:

1. There is a door to nowhere in the middle of the Western Lodging. Either make it go somewhere or get rid of it.

2. Western lodging has a room in which the wall does not descend all the way to the floor, there's a gap.

3. Apparently that same door to nowhere is in the northern lodging

4. Several gold doors, once closed, lose clickability, or aren't clickable across the entire surface of the door

Suggestions:

1. I like the arrival points where they are now, but put another around -355, 331 outside the ruins in the retreat

2. I like that there's 4 starship hooks in the area in front of the Noble Estate, but -411, 266 in the mountain retreat would have been an excellent location for another

3. Small green hooks around the campfire so we can position personnel around it (80, -141 Noble Estate)

4. Green hooks at -256,-18 and -256, -27 to place personnel (entrance to the estate)

5. Consider making the stained glass pattern hot-swappable with other, similar patterns (even if it's a CC hit)

6. Small green hooks around the entrance to the Killik area so we can position personnel (-92, -241)

7. Small green hooks at the bottom of the Noble estate steps to either side of -133,22 for personnel

8. Floor hook at -356,75 in the Noble Estate (you have one there, why leave half the floor of the hallway bare?)

9. Consider tucking a 1-room cabin approximately 159,108 in the Noble State map :):)

Edited by xordevoreaux

WOOOOOHOOOOOOO after all these years finally an Alderaanian Palace!!! I am overjoyed, truly a warm felt thank you to the Dev team for this. There are a few additions and modifications that would truly make it an exceptional residence for our characters.

The Study, Drawing Room, and Guest Chamber are too dark, there are not a lot of decorations that can improve on this (especially older lights) so if you could brighten up these rooms, that would be appreciated.

Absolutely too small. This is a Palace, it’s supposed to be huge. More rooms, I love to give rooms a specific function, a droid repair bay, a medical bay, an armory, a detainment centre, a jedi library, … the amount of rooms is in my opinion severely lacking in all current strongholds, even Rishi, and needs to increase, this can be accomplished by adding a second floor above the main entry area. If you’re looking for a number, 5 more rooms at bare minimum. Preferably in the palace itself.

The entrance area is just the right size, although it could do with more decoration hooks around the starship hooks presently there, and some areas like outside the Killik cave are too barren.

The large entryway area would enormously benefit from adding an additional floor, making it resemble the seat of House Organa, or the Senate tower on Coruscant. From the outside the building looks huge, it would only make sense and give us much more rooms to tinker with, not utilizing that second floor seems like such a loss of opportunity!

No, more options are always nice, it gives you the freedom to decorate as you see fit, be it cluttered or spartan, to each their own, but for me more hooks are never bad, quite the opposite! Besides you only see them while decorating anyway.

Does the number and placement of hooks feel to restrictive given the Stronghold's decoration cap?

Hook count needs to go up, new deco’s are constantly added and if you want me to keep spending… well just saying :p You can never have too many hooks and there’s really no harm in adding more. 1000 is (and I can’t stress this enough) way, way, waaaaaay too little for strongholds of this size, I’d say at bare minimum you need it to match Rishi, especially when more hooks are added to areas that are currently a bit spartan.

A few points:

• I really, really, really, (yes really) want a large room, whatever do I mean you might ask? I mean I want it able to fit the Ossan Orrery decoration indoors without it clipping the walls. (Yes that big). BIGGER!!! (sorry). That could be turned into a gigantic library, I already reserved 50 jedi library deco’s :D

• Relevant for this and all other stronghold, please raise or remove the limit on NPC decorations, we have so many companions now, and I like to dress mine up into their own cartel store sets with cartel store weapons, but I only do this for the companions I can use as stronghold decorations, is the cap reached, I won’t bother with the rest of the companions. :(

• I must agree with those that wish to see a couple of rooms in a tower of the main estate. And yes, in addition to the second story of the main hall and its rooms. Maybe even one with a glass ceiling, I want an arboretum.

* More medium narrow/medium hooks to the sides everywhere, some deco's like my jedi archive ones can't be placed against the wall.

* The hooks in the corridors on the elevated platforms are currently small hooks, I'd really love it if these could be medium narrow. Statue of the Serene pilgrim was practically made for this stronghold, and would look great there, or other statues for that matter, but it will require at least medium narrow.

* Same is true on the elevated platforms in the main entry hall, presently it's 2 small hooks next to one another, this should really be a medium narrow hook so you can place a statue there was well.

* I can live with the droids and speeders, but if it's possible, Thranta's would be pretty neat.

I wish you had kept it up through the weekend, I would have made a video or taken screenshots.

That said. Overall I think it looks great and while large doesn't feel so unwieldy like Rishi does.

The Kilik area is interesting, but we need kiliks and such to place there.

the layouts in front of the palace seem decent for the most part, but there are no hooks on the facade of the building to place banners, and there are no hooks close to the main door to place guards, or on the wall just inside the main door there is a nice blank spot with no hooks to make use of it.

The main hall and its side rooms, and elevator room seem fine as is.

I find it odd that the throne room has a built in carpet, it would be better to let us choose what we want.

going up the elevator and out to the ruins and rear lodging buildings, it would be nice to have a centerpiece hook inside the ruins, thinking of putting one of the centerpiece size Jedi decos in there. It might also be cool if the crack in the wall was larger and there was a small overlook area behind the ruins you could walk out onto, with some small and medium narrow hooks back there.

In the snowy area in front of the ruins there needs to be Starship hook so we can place our class ship or one of the other large ships. To me it makes more sense that I would land my ship inside my defended stronghold instead of way out in front of it.

One of the Lodgement rooms with the large window needs some work, there is a gap under the window, and decorations built into the wall are floating above the floor.

The other Lodgement room has a nice flat snowy spot outside, it would be nice if we could access that somehow and place a hotub out there. Just outside that same room the floor tiles run into the wall like there should be another room there. Please add a smaller room that cold be used as a parlor/office/sitting room.

The fake door in the lodgement hallways should either be removed, or a small room added there. I'd prefer a small room that would have enough space to place the various cargoholds, a GTN and a mailbox.

The Lodgement hallways seem needlessly zig zaggy, especially compared to the outside structure of the building, it feel more like it should be an L shape. It wouldn't be so bad if you added more small rooms off the hall, but it does seem complex for just supporting 2 rooms and 2 doors.

The building also has a fake exterior door overlooking the path to the elevator, please remove that or turn it into an entrance to the rest of the lodgement.

Hello there,

At First I want to tell that the Alderaan Stronghold looks great, but I would like to take up the idea, if it can be made possible for Guilds to acquire several Strongholds, maybe a Headquarters and an Outpost or something like that, now as a Guild it is hard to agree on only one Stronghold (we'll let the ship out) just with Rishi and now Alderaan (and God willing Oricon one day ) there are now enough interesting and nice Strongholds and the choice is too big that there should be only one possibility.

Only in addition to, since I'm already writing here I would like to ask or learn if you can not set up the characters of your old customizing, face models similar to those of the Emperor so wrinkled and simply old, would be just for the Rp Area in the game great , sorry for my bad english ^^

After my latest tour of the Alderaan Stronghold, it occurred to me that this SH would be a better place to keep my Speeder, Mount, Pet, Trophy, etc collection, than Yavin 4. It has a good spread of indoor and outdoor areas and lots of hooks. So lots of options for an animal Mount "pasture", Speeder hall, droid pet room, animal pet room, CM companion room, etc.

So I might buy it to use as my "Zoo".

Actually, the same basic structure could function as a "Collection House" by simply leaving out some of the things like the ruins and Killik cave, and placing the main building on Corelia (or similar), keeping the same sort of interior layout and frontal exterior expanse (with lots of hooks).

If we can't (yet) get a Garage/Zoo, how about some sort of title such as "Trophy Room" or similar that we could give a Stronghold.

Unfortunately, this only occurred to me after the PTS went offline for the Holidays, so I'll have to check on the Zoo-ish possibilities later. 😏

Edited by JediQuaker

I haven't had a chance to visit the SH yet as I am away. Is there a training room? If not, I'd like to suggest the addition of a training room like the one in Rishi but larger and with more hooks so I can decorate it.

No training room per se. There are ruins though, where I'd think people can turn into a dueling spot even if it is kinda small. Shame ya missed the chance to check it out. I bet you can find a walkthrough on Youtube.

I'm gonna focus on only one of your questions, because in general I love this stronghold and I am very much looking forward to its release, IF the the following is corrected...

"If you could change one thing about the stronghold, what would it be?"

One thing? Hook placement, especially SYMMETRY!!! Gosh darn, don't your trainees use rulers when placing the hooks? Taking a closer look at the placement of hooks got me totally enraged, because I only found like one single room with hooks that were arranged completely symmetrically. And no, I'm not speaking of another type of hook left and right, I'm speaking of the arrangement of hooks in connection to a room's/wall's middle and/or the floor pattern. Best and most visible example are the hooks just in front of the entrance of the main building. The hooks are neither linear to the stairs leading up there, nor to the stronghold entrance, nor to EACH OTHER (look at the blue and purple ones here)! So how are we supposed to decorate in the strict, symmetrical manner of the alderaanian nobility when the hooks are placed so haphazardly?

An example of misplaced hook arrangements which imo should be rethought: I'm missing a hook right in the center between stairs and entrance, as most of the huge buildings in Swtor have something you have to walk around first before entering it. For example, I wanted to place a sculpture or fountain right in front of the entrance with some benches and bushes around it, but the hooks won't allow me to place decorations right in the middle. I'm also missing small floor hooks next to the entrances for guards, wall hook for banners just behind the entrance, etc.

Regarding the hooks in general, there is some rethinking and reworking to do. I've taken tons of screenshots of failed symmetry and missing or misplaced hooks, which I really would like to share, but I know from experience that making an effort here is rarely appreciated, for most of the players' concerns seem to be ignored.

So, Mr. Musco, if you're telling me that it is worth taking the time for editing and uploading those screenshots, because you're truly interested in changing things, I'd love to share them, but I'm not interested in wasting my time with this and then see no change or response.

Greetings and merry Christmas to y'all :)

My biggest issue with the stronghold right now are certain 'forced' features.

A couple of examples:

The stained glass lighting- It looks great, but it doesn't match the with aesthetic that I will be creating.

Throne room stand - It's a beautiful room, but what If I want to create something else in there? Like a bedroom with a nice view?

The killik cave - Again, very interesting area to decorate, but I hate the killik nests.

If these things could be toggled on and off it would be great.

Here's another suggestion that I saw in this thread that I would like to repeat - The ability to swap the interior textures. Having the ability to swap between republic and imperial interior textures would make this the best stronghold.

Edited by micnevv

PLEASE DO NOT REDUCE THE OVERALL LAND SIZE of the ESTATE!!!!!!!!!!!! :(

PLEASE KEEP the OVERALL AREA of LANDMASS and SCALE of the "greensward" lawn THE SAME!

PLEASE DO NOT MAKE THIS "SMALLER" like other people want! PLEASE DON'T! :(

LEAVE IT GIGANTIC PLEASE!!!!

There is really no reason to make it smaller, just ignore the meadow in front of the stronghold if you don't want to use it, and lave it as open space. This is pretty much what I intend to do. The rest of it is quite cozy.

Generally, the stronghold feels nice, good mix of environments.

The ruins, it should not be there, it should be replaced with large/centerpiece floor hooks and please add this:

Arrangement: Alderaan Ruin 1 (2 or 3).

Other one is the main hall, it does not convey grandeur a "palace" should. With the second floor blocked off it felt narrow. The upper floor walls should be removed and replaced with open spaces that acts as a "gallery" with manor staircases at the back that leads to it. This room needs be bigger, about 50% bigger than it is now. Current size is out of porportion compared to the giant field outside and then the first room is this small?

Names - honestly, this SH feels more towards the republic and as a Jedi - I want no Throne room.

Please allow the rooms to be renamed. I wouldve liked the Throne Room to be Senate Chambers at he very least.

While I love the addition of this stronghold, it is missing one key thing. This should be pay a more link more with Star Wars movies and in particular paying tirbute to Carrie Fisher. Please add a second floor to Mountain Retreat and it should have a balcony modelled after the one in Episode 3. It is important to add places modelled after the movies so players feels more connected.

Also, hall ways, for comparison. The "public areas" such as the Throne room hallways should be bigger than the Mountain Retreat hallways and it will need to allow for fountains and statues without feeling cramped.

Also important, no doors in a SH that I can not intneract please. It is silly that I own the place but cant open a door ...

Finally finished my feedback. Will link a feedback blog post I wrote on my website at the end that has accompanying screenshots and videos for those interested. :)

I really like this stronghold overall. It really captures the thematic elements of Alderaan beautifully. The mountains, the snow, green fields, the waterfalls and stream. The building structures themselves are also really nice. The detail in the interiors is impeccable especially the windows (stained glass or otherwise). I also like that you can climb up some of the mountains and there hidden little nooks and crannies to explore.

I'm not a big fan of the Killik cave. Maybe if it were further away from the main building I wouldn't mind it but it just doesn't look right having the Killik Mounds so close to the main building. I do like the idea that someone else suggested of removing all the Killik stuff from the cave including the yellow mounds on top. Instead, you could turn those elements into decorations (that aren't already decorations) and those who want to have a Killik cave can make it a Killik cave with decorations. This way players can use the cave how they see fit.

I also like the idea that someone suggested of giving the Noble Interior adjacent rooms (ie. the Study, Drawing Room, Guest Chambers) their own personality. This could be done by making one or two of the rooms bigger, varying the shape of the rooms or even adding windows to one or two of them. I do recall Organa Castle having some nice circular type rooms as seen in the Smuggler, Jedi Knight and Sith Warrior stories.

I don't really know how I feel about the Throne Room. I like the concept but I feel the execution is a little underwhelming. This is probably because the room is quite small for a Throne Room. I don't really like the placement of the throne structure. Yes, it looks really nice but honestly, I'd rather have a full window to take advantage of the beautiful waterfall views. Maybe if it were bigger, had a high ceiling and columns or something to make it feel grander or throne 'roomy' I'd like it more.

The grand interior room with the stained glass window is quite lovely. However, I would like to see the upper area/roof either turned into a balcony area or even windows added (not stained glass, just normal windows like those in the Retreat). There isn't really that much point to having large wall hooks that high up especially when your eye is drawn straight to the stained glass window. Maybe if we had some kind of window decorations I wouldn't mind it as much.

I think the size of the Stronghold is just fine in terms of scale. I would expect a Stronghold on Alderaan to be large. It doesn't need to be any bigger than it is though. I would honestly be disappointed if it was a small Coruscant/Drommund Kaas sized Stronghold. There are plenty of other planets where a small Stronghold would work. It would not work on Alderaan.

Add a training dummy room (similar to the one in the Rishi Stronghold)! Put it where that fake door is in the Retreat perhaps? This Stronghold is probably going to be highly desirable as a Guild Stronghold. It would make sense to add the utility and convenience of a training dummy to this stronghold especially if you guys can't increase the cap on Guild strongholds.

Not really? Though hooks are quite sparse in the open field area at the front entrance of the SH. The interiors are overall well done in terms of hook placement but could use some minor tweaks. Having a lot of hooks in the interiors gives players plenty of decorating options.

The main tweaks I'd like to see include adding ceiling hooks to the lower ceiling areas in the stained glass window room. I'd also like to see hooks added to the floor of the ruins. It's also a little bizarre that the front entrance wall doesn't have hooks either.

Does the number and placement of hooks feel too restrictive given the Stronghold's decoration cap?

I would like to see the cap increased but at the same time it does line up with the Rishi Stronghold which has 12 expansions and a decoration limit of 1600 while Alderaan has 9 expansions and a decoration limit of around ~1060(?) (didn't note exact limit unfortunately before PTS went down). Maybe if hook placement is tweaked a bit, then we can look at decoration limits.

First of all, can we please please please get some stained glass window decorations?! You could do scenes from a variety of planets too. Maybe do some more Alderaan ones. A waterfall, some ruins or just snowy mountains and forest. A Tatooine stained glass window with the twin suns setting would be incredible! A Voss one would like amazing too, Rishi, Yavin, Hoth, Tython or some underwater ones inspired by Manaan. There are so many possibilities!

If doors serve no purpose ie. don't open up to anywhere, then they should be removed. There are a couple of fake doors in the Retreat (see below images) that should be removed or lead to some additional rooms (preferably the latter).

If possible, I would also like to see a small PvP area added to this Stronghold. It could be out of the way so those who aren't interested in PvP feel no need to enter or otherwise utilise the space (unlike in the Rishi Stronghold where the spaces are front and centre). I've even found a nice location for it. There is a nice hidden area up in the mountains you can climb to by the waterfall in the front area of the stronghold. It would need to be flattened a bit and some hooks placed up there but I think it could make a nice little, out-of-the-way duelling space. At the very least, some hooks should be added to this area.

Something else that bothers me is the placement of rugs and ceiling lights that are part of the Stronghold and cannot be removed. I would prefer to see these removed especially the rug in the Throne Room. Players should be able to choose what rug or rugs they use in that space.

Slightly unrelated but, I would like to see more tree, bush, plant, hedge and flower decorations (without the damn pots) too! This would be the perfect stronghold for them.

---

Thanks for creating such a lovely Stronghold! I look forward to further testing in January!

Blog Post - https://mmobits.com/2019/12/24/initial-alderaan-noble-estate-stronghold-feedback/

Edited by Pandoras_Jar

Add a training dummy room (similar to the one in the Rishi Stronghold)! Put it where that fake door is in the Retreat perhaps? This Stronghold is probably going to be highly desirable as a Guild Stronghold. It would make sense to add the utility and convenience of a training dummy to this stronghold especially if you guys can't increase the cap on Guild strongholds.

One comment about this suggestion. While I know people have different opinions, why not make this option, as my guild was not a fan of the training room with the dummy already in there. It gave very limited ways of decorating for us. Maybe give an dummy as a decoration and therefore allow individuals who want that for the room and for others give us the option of making it something different without the dummy already there, limiting our options.

One comment about this suggestion. While I know people have different opinions, why not make this option, as my guild was not a fan of the training room with the dummy already in there. It gave very limited ways of decorating for us. Maybe give an dummy as a decoration and therefore allow individuals who want that for the room and for others give us the option of making it something different without the dummy already there, limiting our options.

Add more rooms and make it a dummy :D

This stronghold is amazing. It really is. Wished you had a bigger team because what you do with what you've got on this game is getting better and better !

I feel like most of the issues have already been said by the community. The main problem for me is with the stained glass. That is too strongh and :

The projection of the window on the ground is gorgeous, but when you place objects in the way of the light it doesn't change. So projection doesn't hit decos, not sure how difficult that would be to adjust, I'd imagine quite a bit. When I place a deco at the front of the hall, the light doesn't project onto it, the deco just cuts off some of the projection, and when I place a deco near the rear of the hall light doesn't move around it. It's not a huge thing I guess, but it triggers my ocd.

I really wanted to congrat the team for their good work and I cannot wait to see how you take all the feedback and apply it (or not :p).

Da Ich kein Englisch kann schreibe ich hier in Deutsch.

Den Thron im Thronsaal würde ich auch entfernen...damit die leute ihn sich selber einrichten können.

Der Eingangsbreich finde ich in Ordnung obwohl ich mir gewünscht hätte das dort noch eine weitere Etage wäre ,für Bibliothek...Jedi-Rat Zimmer usw.

Vielleicht ist dies noch möglich einzufügen.

MfG

Markus Broede

After the livestream preview, I’m super-psyched for the Alderaan stronghold. I won't be able to get on the PTS until next week, but I did want to echo some comments from the livestream.

First, the taxis absolutely should be Thrantas.

I’d also like larger, much larger rugs. While the ability to scale existing rugs is probably unlikely, the recent addition of the long runner carpet was nice to see. Most of the other ug decorations are too small for any of the large rooms on Rishi and presumably Alderaan. When placed on a hook in center of those rooms, they really don’t pull the room together. I'd like some real wall-to-wall carpeting options.

I also hope that there are plenty of ceiling hooks. I know this is a problem on Rishi where some rooms don’t even have hooks up there. In addition, hooks in and near the stream out front would also be nice for assorted plants and critters.

Finally, I think a commemorative statue to honor Carrie Fisher would be an appropriate decoration for inclusion on Alderaan. I get that you can’t specifically reference Leia, but a statue of a Princess from Alderaan (with an astromech in honor of the late Kenny Baker) that happened to have hair buns and a long dress would not be out of place in any era.

After the livestream preview, I’m super-psyched for the Alderaan stronghold. I won't be able to get on the PTS until next week, but I did want to echo some comments from the livestream.

First, the taxis absolutely should be Thrantas.

I’d also like larger, much larger rugs. While the ability to scale existing rugs is probably unlikely, the recent addition of the long runner carpet was nice to see. Most of the other ug decorations are too small for any of the large rooms on Rishi and presumably Alderaan. When placed on a hook in center of those rooms, they really don’t pull the room together. I'd like some real wall-to-wall carpeting options.

I also hope that there are plenty of ceiling hooks. I know this is a problem on Rishi where some rooms don’t even have hooks up there. In addition, hooks in and near the stream out front would also be nice for assorted plants and critters.

Finally, I think a commemorative statue to honor Carrie Fisher would be an appropriate decoration for inclusion on Alderaan. I get that you can’t specifically reference Leia, but a statue of a Princess from Alderaan (with an astromech in honor of the late Kenny Baker) that happened to have hair buns and a long dress would not be out of place in any era.

PTS has been closed. It will not be back until sometime after the first of the year (Jan 2020)