Maintenance: December 12th, 2019

EricMusco

Eric,

According to Keith's post Tharan was supposed to be able to be recruited for Jedi Consular but I do not see it on the patch notes. Forgot to put in or .....

From Keith's post:

You’ll be able to recruit Tharan for your Consular and as he says, “It’s Tharan, not spelled the dumb way”.

https://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=971484

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Eric,

According to Keith's post Tharan was supposed to be able to be recruited for Jedi Consular but I do not see it on the patch notes. Forgot to put in or .....

From Keith's post:

You’ll be able to recruit Tharan for your Consular and as he says, “It’s Tharan, not spelled the dumb way”.

The patch notes are very scarce and not including a lot of things they should. Unless the only stuff in the patch notes is what’s happening. In which case, there have been zero bug fixes as promised too. (That’s a deal breaker for me and my finger is on the trigger to unsub if they aren’t included in the patch.

I really wish they would do proper patch notes like “EVERY OTHER GAME” does. Other games include all the bugs they fix. Bioware / swtor team rarely do, so you can never definitively know if they tried, care or didn’t see the reports.

Either way, it’s a bit haphazard and I dare say I’ve zero confidence they have any intention of fixing gear bugs we’ve reported and given feed back on when asked by them. It’s why we have so damn many bugs that are years old and have become a “game feature”.

I hope I’m proven wrong. I really, really do want to be wrong. But I have this weight in the pit of my stomach that’s tells me they have not done any bug fixes on the gear or other problems being reported.

Edited by TrixxieTriss

buffing pyro dps when it already does 100k hit and around 10-13k dps https://imgur.com/HVGQ1n6 ?? Does combat team even knows about current state of class balance???Do they know that at the moment dec sin, conc. oper and dot pt are WAY ahead from other classes/specs and dominating pvp???

You’ve been around long enough to know they have zero idea about balance.

Adding to that what a few other people have said, gear and bug fixes seem to be missing. Will they be added the day of or are they not being addressed in this patch?

Also I would like a answer on when the achievements for set bonuses and tacticals will be fixed. It is very annoying in that its completely random on what pieces count and which ones don't, even though I have them already.

And seconding about Theran. I thought his alliance alert was supposed to come with this patch (Then again, it should have been with 6.0 back in Oct), was this changed? And if so, why not communicated?

Also random, but the Empire Korriban storyline achievement is still missing.

buffing pyro dps when it already does 100k hit and around 10-13k dps https://imgur.com/HVGQ1n6 ?? Does combat team even knows about current state of class balance???Do they know that at the moment dec sin, conc. oper and dot pt are WAY ahead from other classes/specs and dominating pvp???

Man, why are you so surprised by this ? You of all people have been around long enough to know that they rarely balance things based on OUR feedback. Their metrics come always first and their metrics tell them that PT"s are garbage. They actually are pretty garbage to be honest because you saw that they are still focused first and dying first a lot of times and the only way to buff them and make them more desirable is giving them more insane DPS which makes them the ultimate glass canons. You do understand that all these are the easiest to do without much fuss....

As for stealthers, you shouldn't really be surprised again. Working as intended for another 3 years like with mercs in 5.0 .

Things suddenly look very grim for my marauder. :D With the ED reset tactical Jugg will pretty much surpass marauders now, at least this is what I feel... NO self heals, no taunts, no guard . The only thing we got left is the vanish reset with predation and some decent damage on fury.

Edited by DavidAtkinson

Man, why are you so surprised by this ? You of all people have been around long enough to know that they rarely balance things based on OUR feedback. Their metrics come always first and their metrics tell them that PT"s are garbage. They actually are pretty garbage to be honest because you saw that they are still focused first and dying first a lot of times and the only way to buff them and make them more desirable is giving them more insane DPS which makes them the ultimate glass canons. You do understand that all these are the easiest to do without much fuss....

As for stealthers, you shouldn't really be surprised again. Working as intended for another 3 years like with mercs in 5.0 .

Things suddenly look very grim for my marauder. :D With the ED reset tactical Jugg will pretty much surpass marauders now, at least this is what I feel... NO self heals, no taunts, no guard . The only thing we got left is the vanish reset with predation and some decent damage on fury.

What’s the reset ED tactical called. I’ve not seen it anywhere and me want it :D

Seriously? I don't wanna play any huttball, I can't choose WZ I wanna play and now I can't leave from map that I hate? Nice. Maybe you will do choose WZ like with FP and then add penalties? Or head is only for eating? Or you don't wanna do this because only opers will play huttballs with their rolls?

decline/leave penalty is only for ranked warzones

and they cannot let you choose warzones, this would bring massive problems with queue

they could and SHOULD reduce the pop of huttballs a bit and as they cannot convert to a better engine they probably should dump vandin completely

I think willbe less problems when we can choose WZ 8 vs 8, or regular arena. I know many ppl who hate arenas. Some ppl like it more, or when you wanna pley quickly WZ popping huttballs or voidstar. I wanna choose what i'll play. If problem with ppl in one or another type of WZ send to another ppl warning, and they change thair checkboxes or they go to another content.

Eric,

From Keith's post:

To be honest, Tharan missing from the patch notes does not surprise me considering their history with Consular companions. While it may just be an oversight, I entirely expect to hear that the mission didn't make it in and will be released in a future patch sometime next year because gods forfend Consular's ever get their last two companions back.

Seriously? I don't wanna play any huttball, I can't choose WZ I wanna play and now I can't leave from map that I hate? Nice. Maybe you will do choose WZ like with FP and then add penalties? Or head is only for eating? Or you don't wanna do this because only opers will play huttballs with their rolls?

It’s not for reg pvp, it’s purely for ranked matches. So nothing will change if you leave every HB map.

Warzones

Players who decline a queue pop or who leave a match early for a Ranked Warzone will now be unable to queue again for 15 minutes.

Edited by TrixxieTriss

Hey folks,

Just to alleviate any concerns, Tharan's recruitment for Consulars is in today's patch, it was just missed in the notes. I will work on getting it added.

Thanks all.

-eric

Ok, there's one response. How about the Scourge romance fix? At least give us some response on it please.

Edited by bapclark

Hey folks,

Just to alleviate any concerns, Tharan's recruitment for Consulars is in today's patch, it was just missed in the notes. I will work on getting it added.

Thanks all.

-eric

OK thanks for the update.

Now is there any possibility at all of getting the other original comps for other class's? Have it as part of the terminal on Oddessn as that way no alerts and only players who want them will use it. So not forcing them on anyone and no alerts to fill up there list as that seems such a big deal for some . Now yes it's BW's choice and I am asking not demanding but some comp's I would like on all my toon's others not so much but as we are all different on what we like and want. It be nice to give us players the choice, instead of you making it for us.

Edited by SavantDreadtech

Any fix in this patch for the fact that Arn is MIA in the Meridian flashpoint on my Smuggler so hopefully I can actually complete the Onslaught storyline. No amount of resetting or clearing out other storyline chapters or whatever other bandaid fixes CS gives remedies this issue.

Can we get an ETA about when you will be fixing the VG/PT tankoil fire tactical? It is currently giving 2% armor instead of 2% DR as intended.

I also think the Emergency Protocol set bonus is too rare I do Dxun like 5 times a week and haven't seen it drop.

Hey folks,

Thanks all.

-eric

That's great!

Any chance while they are adding that, the person could change the dates on some of the events from May and August to, say, the actual dates? It makes it look like a cheap copy/paste where the patch notes weren't proofread and where you guys don't really care. Which I am sure isn't the case!

Looking forward to Life Day and the Anniversary!

Bronze Anniversary!!

Also, I think it's funny that the Coruscant/DK strongholds will be actually raised 1 credit each in honor of the anniversary, since they are 7 credits right now. Very "Imperial"!

Curse you, daylight savings! Thank you for catching, both are fixed.

-eric

Hi Eric,

Any chance that, since you adjust times for Dailyight savings in the US, you can also do that for Europe? aka NOT using GMT but the savings version which pretty much every country in the eu actually uses?

Would be awesome :)

Edited by HiveOracle