Spoiled?stop

Kokanoe

There has been all these posts about how this game is bad because they want everything now....... I have been playing MMO's for some time now and, I was just wondering if any other veterans agree with me on how this is a new game not everything can come at once if you don't wanna play then ****, I mean am i right? Progress will come

no, its not spoiled. I paid 60 dollars for the game, and I get what it came with awesome. But if im shelling out 15 a month, in 4 months, I better have the same amount of new content for my 60 bucks as that came with the game.

Are you serious? For your extra $60, you demand that BW give you content equal to the original content that took many years to develop? In four month's time?

Are you serious, or being sarcastic?

no, its not spoiled. I paid 60 dollars for the game, and I get what it came with awesome. But if im shelling out 15 a month, in 4 months, I better have the same amount of new content for my 60 bucks as that came with the game.

I am wondering how many MMO's you have played before becuase with the exception of possibly Rift, no other MMO's have pumped out a new expansion every four months. And Rift while they do put out content updates, they are no where near a full expansion worth of content.

Good luck on your dream of having a full expansion released every four months.

I agree with you. Many of these posters are just cheap and have no idea what it costs to make an MMO. I love the selfish crap like..I want my 60 bux worth and if I have to pay 15 a month. Give me a break. If you dont like it and think you are not getting a good value please do not play. If there was NO end game content and all you got was replay value of just alts, the 60 dollars a month AND the sub fee are still a very very good value. I gladly pay the monthly sub. Oh and I work 55 hours a week have a wife, three kids and a house so my own time is a rare commoditity. I have game for over 35 years and I think this is the best MMO I have seen yet.

Regards,

I started MMOs in 2004 with FFXI and Lineage 2 so I've been here for a while. You don't just get away with anything anymore, games are to0 mainstream now and they need to represent what they were hyped to be. No more broken promises! >: (

lol I said to0

Edited by Swirly

no, its not spoiled. I paid 60 dollars for the game, and i get what it came with awesome. But if im shelling out 15 a month, in 4 months, i better have the same amount of new content for my 60 bucks as that came with the game.

buaahahahahahahahahahaha.

Are you serious? For your extra $60, you demand that BW give you content equal to the original content that took many years to develop? In four month's time?

Are you serious, or being sarcastic?

No, I am serious. No I honestly dont expect a full game that it launched with, but I do expect much. They dont need to recreate graphics engine, or battle coding or anything now. It is really just pure content, it wont take as long. Point is, if we are paying this much a month, the content better be worth it. Not a update once every few months that contains maybe a day or 2 worth of content. Really..what would our sub be going towards then? Just the ability to play the game we paid for? Sorry, but if you think that is actually worth it..well go right ahead.

I am wondering how many MMO's you have played before becuase with the exception of possibly Rift, no other MMO's have pumped out a new expansion every four months. And Rift while they do put out content updates, they are no where near a full expansion worth of content.

Good luck on your dream of having a full expansion released every four months.

I have played FFXI, Rift, DCUO. Never playd wow. After a 4 month sub and another 60 put towards the game, yes I expect something substantial.

There has been all these posts about how this game is bad because they want everything now....... I have been playing MMO's for some time now and, I was just wondering if any other veterans agree with me on how this is a new game not everything can come at once if you don't wanna play then ****, I mean am i right? Progress will come

You can't expect people to gobble up games that are less than their competition just because they were just launched.

Games aren't living organism that need to grow and develop. Games are artificial products that can copy things from the more successful patterns already on the market, and there is no excuse that games are launched with less features than the already existing ones AND demand the same level of attention from the players.

No, I am serious. No I honestly dont expect a full game that it launched with, but I do expect much. They dont need to recreate graphics engine, or battle coding or anything now. It is really just pure content, it wont take as long. Point is, if we are paying this much a month, the content better be worth it. Not a update once every few months that contains maybe a day or 2 worth of content. Really..what would our sub be going towards then? Just the ability to play the game we paid for? Sorry, but if you think that is actually worth it..well go right ahead.

I have played FFXI, Rift, DCUO. Never playd wow. After a 4 month sub and another 60 put towards the game, yes I expect something substantial.

Well then let me save you the heart ache and tell you to go ahead and unsub from the game now becuase it just will not happen.

Sorry to be the one to tell you this but someone should tell you the truth I suppose.

So far this game (and im a 10 year MMO vet) is head and shoulder above anyother MMO at launch. I hear ppl speak of "Rift" and i cant coment on it because the fantasy genre at this point makes me throwup in my mouth a little and i CBA to try "pretty WoW"...i mean "Rift".

You can't expect people to gobble up games that are less than their competition just because they were just launched.

Games aren't living organism that need to grow and develop. Games are artificial products that can copy things from the more successful patterns already on the market, and there is no excuse that games are launched with less features than the already existing ones AND demand the same level of attention from the players.

Think I got that post ut of context.

Edited by Grunn

*hobbles forward, cane in hand*

Back in my day, if you wanted to sell something, you had to walk for days accross a continent full of dangerous monsters, on foot with no shoes, to reach a dock where you waited...and waited...and waited...for a ship to take you accross the sea. And if you missed the boat, oh that was too bad, you waited again.

Then when you finally arrived in Freeport, sea-sick and riddled with scurvy, you had to battle the fearsome lagmonster so you could shout your wares in an endless crowd of people from all over the world.

[Yes, a lot of people here seem to be a bit spoiled and mind-blowingly impatient and unrealistic in their expectations. Instant gratification seems to be expected.]

Edited by SpringDrive

there is no excuse that games are launched with less features than the already existing ones AND demand the same level of attention from the players.

So you expect a newly launched MMO to have every feature found in all existing MMOs which have been expanded and developed over years since their own launches? You think it's just a matter of somehow magically copying-and-pasting from existing MMOs?

Man, you are so, so far from reality. Nothing proves the OP's point better than this. Still not sure if serious, you're either completely new to MMOs or a clever troll.

Edited by SpringDrive

So you expect a newly launched MMO to have every feature found in all existing MMOs which have been expanded and developed over years since their own launches? You think it's just a matter of somehow magically copying-and-pasting from existing MMOs?

Man, you are so, so far from reality. Nothing proves the OP's point better than this.

Watching the competition and copying successful features is hard, bro.

Are you for real or are you just trolling ?!?

Watching the competition and copying successful features is hard, bro.

Are you for real or are you just trolling ?!?

Seriously? You think it's a requirement they implement all "sucessful" (totally subjective) aspects of an MMO into their own? Please, do us all a favor, and go play the MMO you find most "successful."

Seriously? You think it's a requirement they implement all "sucessful" (totally subjective) aspects of an MMO into their own? Please, do us all a favor, and go play the MMO you find most "successful."

You're right. The less proven great features a game has, the better the game is.

Also, the best cars are those with square wheels. Round wheels are too mainstream.

You're right. The less proven great features a game has, the better the game is.

Also, the best cars are those with square wheels. Round wheels are too mainstream.

Look up "Feature Bloat" in the software development cycle, and realize your stupidity.

For a newly developed peice of software with time constraints, budgets and limited manpower, to take ALL the features from other products that have been in full retail cycle for 7 years (WoW) recieving 8 years of feedback and heinsight development (every game is different you simply cant just 100% copy... you need the damn source code for that... and even then you would have to have the same engine... so the same game...).

BW are already working on most peoples complaints they have said, so what is the point in going on about it?

Exactly why can't we have everything again?

They said the same about Redbox.

"YOU CAN'T LET PEOPLE RENT DVD'S FOR $1/DAY!"

"IT'S IMPOSSIBLE!"

"YOU WILL GO BANKRUPT!"

"YOU'RE INSANE IF YOU DO IT!"

And as we all know Redbox was/is a massive failure

Apologists ahoy!

BW is not a charity, they aren't curing cancer, or saving refugees.

They released in a market saturated with free to play games. Older games with more content that are free to download and to play. BW is charging for the download and a sub, they aren't some small basement company that is pushing the envelope, redefining the genre.

EA and their marketing machine (department of deception) have sold us an unfinnished , uninspired game that is lacking in many of the features that are considered standard in other games.

If you like the game so much, why aren't so many of you playing? Are all the fan-bois still at work?

I am not playing because the game is bad, and I am formulating a plan to get my money back. Me being on the forum makes sense , your being on the forum does not. Unless you are actualy working for the company as part of their whisper campaighn, trying to put a postive spin on the forums to trick fence sitters and lurkers out of $60.

It's the only plausible explanation

Ok, i dunno who brought the kiddies out to whine, but this game has around 600 hours of play when adding all the classes, + alot more on PvP, raids and flashpoints.

Point me to a game that has that much content for 60 dollars. I doubt there are many. This game is actually a bargain.