Lack of Interaction with Your LI in expansions.

mountiandewkills

Is anyone else disappointed with the lack of interaction you have with your LI from the base game, in the expansions? I mean I waited around on my sith assassin to get ashara back and made my own character arc type thing where after my character met her he started turning towards the light side of the force and wanted peace between the empire and republic. Anyway You wait around for what 2 expansions to meet back up with certain LI just to have them ask if you want to keep the relationship going or not then that's it. I was hoping for some interaction with them during onslaught. I mean their your LI I think they would be a big supporting factor for the outlander. Anyway I am just really disappointed that there isn't more interaction. I'm I the only one feeling this way?

By now all class story LIs could use some love.

Don't get me wrong, I am grateful we got some Theron but I expected more from this expansion then two small flirts and one kiss with one LI. We've been asking for more forever, they just aren't listening.

Edited by Suzsi

Some letters from them at least would be nice, I've always found the letters we get from LI's to very well written and in character for each LI. I was expecting a letter from our LI's after Onslaught but nothing. As much as I'm loving the moments with Lana/Theron I'm still missing my original LI's especially those only brought back in those 60 second return companion alerts like Iresso, Vector, Ashara etc: who never had a time to shine in new content like those returned in chapters, FP's or story content. All LI's deserved better returns then those terrible short alerts that some received. Edited by BlueShiftRecall

I've noticed it in this expansion, but I've also noticed it long before that. After class stories, no more dialog. You do get approve or disapprove, but talking wise, the cutscenes mostly stop after the class stories. ROHC limited dialog in the opening movie from choice companions, and the same goes for SOR, etc., and no more dialog for sidequests either.

So in my observation, this didn't just happen in the last 3 expansions, but more like the last 5.

My question is, tho, why even set that up in the first place if it wasn't going to be within the entire game?

Edited by ZeroTypeR

"This choice will end your romance with Vector Hyllus. Are you sure you want to proceed?"

Yeah, as if the romance wasn't about to end no matter what you chose to do.

Sometimes, the only reason that I had a character choose to remain with Lana or Theron rather than renew their relationships with their previous significant others was because I realized that those former love interest companions were not going to appear in the story again once these cutscenes were finished.

It's not really a choice between staying with Lana or going back to Vector. It's a choice between being with Lana or ending your character's romance in the game altogether. The only place you were going to see Vector from here on out was standing around in the Alliance Headquarters on Odessen with nothing to say or do.

Sigh.

It's not really a choice between staying with Lana or going back to Vector. It's a choice between being with Lana or ending your character's romance in the game altogether. The only place you were going to see Vector from here on out was standing around in the Alliance Headquarters on Odessen with nothing to say or do.

I understand the feeling behind what you're saying. However, I don't have the same perspective on this that you do.

I want more content - much more content, if possible - with our class LIs. However, even if I get no content for a class LI going forwards, it won't stop any of my characters who love those companions from staying with them. I would rather be true to my characters and get no content than break character and get content. (Ideally I could be true to my characters and also get content, though.) That's because, from my point of view, cutscenes are only a tiny portion of my characters' lives. They could be in the company of their class LI 100% of the time outside of cutscenes, as far as I'm concerned, and the game and writers can do nothing to stop that.

The romance content with Lana and Theron was minimal but as pointed out, lightyears ahead of what other LIs got. I really feel for those who have other LIs they wanted to see in this story, and did not have a peep from them. What's the point of even having the romances renewed or started in those Alliance Alerts if you are never going to hear from that LI again?

Given all the letters they sent after Ossus, Hearts & Minds and Onslaught, it's disappointing that they didn't take the time to have LIs send a letter to PCs who romanced them. I can't understand why they don't do that. It's not as though they need to pay for voiceover artists for those, just to translate them into the other two game languages and send them out to anyone who has a romance flag.

I understand the feeling behind what you're saying. However, I don't have the same perspective on this that you do.

I want more content - much more content, if possible - with our class LIs. However, even if I get no content for a class LI going forwards, it won't stop any of my characters who love those companions from staying with them. I would rather be true to my characters and get no content than break character and get content. (Ideally I could be true to my characters and also get content, though.) That's because, from my point of view, cutscenes are only a tiny portion of my characters' lives. They could be in the company of their class LI 100% of the time outside of cutscenes, as far as I'm concerned, and the game and writers can do nothing to stop that.

I'm quite the same.

I actually broke up with Theron on one of my IA when Vector came back, even though Theron is clearly my favourite LI (and despite him having a short romance scene in Onslaught, i wish i could've had a bit more with him).

Not that i expect much content with Vector as he's available only to IA, but because it really felt the right thing to do for that character, she sounded so happy to see him again, more than all the time she's been with Theron. And he was so sad away from her, i just couldn't not have them back together.

I'd appreciate at least getting letters from our LIs at the end of story segments though (all of them, but even more so for LIs like Vector who are locked behind class restriction and will probably never be included in anything)

I agree, i would love more interaction with, at least, our li's (would also like more companion interaction but i guess that's more time consuming). I would love to see the reaction when you go saboteur (still working on mine through kotfe/kotet since i refuse the cheesy way BW chose for skipping it, at least on my light side empire characters).

I don't recall any flirt options with Lana in onslaught, there was a cute moment when Anri and Lana met but nothing else, did i miss something or that was it?

I agree, i would love more interaction with, at least, our li's (would also like more companion interaction but i guess that's more time consuming). I would love to see the reaction when you go saboteur (still working on mine through kotfe/kotet since i refuse the cheesy way BW chose for skipping it, at least on my light side empire characters).

I don't recall any flirt options with Lana in onslaught, there was a cute moment when Anri and Lana met but nothing else, did i miss something or that was it?

you only get something with her on the Repb side. Haven't seen anything with her on the Imp side.

Dunno if its a bug, or...they just forgot about the Imp side getting Lana Smoochie lol

I wish we could have had more interactions with our LI's in the expansions like we had interactions with are LI's in the main story. All of my characters got their LI's back but with like 1-2 cutscenes where you talk to your LI that is it, would be nice to have even more conversations with our LI's again like we did back in the main story

I've often pointed out the lack of interaction with "LIs", which is why I often suggest people just RP whatever romance they want since it makes little actual difference.

It might be nice to have more LI interaction, but on the other hand the game is SWTOR, not Love Island or Sims.

I'd say it would have been better in the long run to have left all the romance stuff out, rather than the half-baked way it is now. My LI should at least be waiting for me in my starship's bedroom. 😏

I guess it's a question of resource allocation. Personally, I agree with everyone here and am disappointed by the vanilla romances at this point.

However, we have to recognize there were 19 romances in the original game, and at this point we're up to 25ish total romances. If we say a short romance scene is about 2 minutes of dialogue then Lana and Theron take up 4 minutes, but doing all the romances would be closer to 50 minutes.

It's always been an issue with the way the base game was constructed. This isn't to say Bioware can't do that or doesn't have the resources to do so, but that's almost always hour of dialogue for one short cut scene per romance and it has to come from somewhere.

So I guess the question, in part, is whether it would have been better if Onslaught was half an hour shorter per side in order to give each romance equal due? It's really a hard place the developers are in now, because I have no doubt they would prefer to have scenes with all the romances too, but the sheer number constrains things.

I wanted to see how Ashara would react to Imp saboteur.

Glad I'm not the only one.

I actually didn't think this thread would get this many responses and am glad it did. I'm happy to see am not the only person thinking this. I'm currently playing a IA and skipped romancing kayilio and temples because I plan on romancing lana so that there would be some interaction with her during the expansions. I can also understand the whole hiring the voice actors thing but I mean why couldn't they do what the did with alot of the alerts and go KOTOR and have it all through dialogue with no voice I mean at least then we would get something,

I'm very sad and disappointed about this as well, in fact of the 44 characters I currently have, I've only brought 6 through the new content. 4 of them are romancing Theron, one is romancing Arcann who we will probably never see again and a jedi knight I hustled to get up to the current content when I found out Scourge could be a love interest (though we'll probably never get content from him again either). All of my characters who romanced vanilla companions were abandoned when their love interest was abandoned. For example my male sith warrior who married Vette was abandoned after KotET, my female Jedi Consular who romanced Felix Iresso never made it into any of the expansions and languishes at lv 50 (not worth going through everything just for a 2 minute return cutscene and nothing ever again) etc...

I absolutely dislike that romances don't feel at all integrated. I'm aware that it isn't a dating sim, but it is a rpg - supposedly - so it'd just be nice to have some material to make the few choices we have seem real.

But also just companion interactions at all. I can't have been the only one that thought it would be neat to have companions comment, or maybe even interact, in conversation. Especially the one you have with those two particular returning companions in the end. I can't be the only one who thought it was such a missed opportunity to include Arcann when talking to them about the upcoming threat, or maybe even just T7 who literally just needs written dialogue to greet its friends and make comments.

Edited by JuventusAndFCK

Yeah, my poor trooper hasn't talked to her husband in years because he's dead in someone else's game....:mad:

Yes, that's a problem.

They kind of wrote themselves into a corner with the four love interest companions who could die during Knights of the Fallen Empire and Knights of the Eternal Throne. Now, all future appearances of those companions have to be completely optional, which really limits what the developers can do with them.

... Unless ... Unless they came back as Force ghosts.

But none of those four were Force-sensitive, and three of them were with player characters who aren't Force-sensitive, either. I don't know if that makes a difference in the lore.

Yes, that's a problem.

They kind of wrote themselves into a corner with the four love interest companions who could die during Knights of the Fallen Empire and Knights of the Eternal Throne. Now, all future appearances of those companions have to be completely optional, which really limits what the developers can do with them.

... Unless ... Unless they came back as Force ghosts.

But none of those four were Force-sensitive, and three of them were with player characters who aren't Force-sensitive, either. I don't know if that makes a difference in the lore.

That's an issue for them being used in the general story, but not really an issue with romance scenes. Killing a LI, breaking up with them, or just never romancing them all work out the same when thinking about romance scenes. No matter what it simply would mean you weren't in a romance with them. So it doesn't matter if X is killable because you already may not have been in a relationship with X to begin with and that comes out the same.

The problem is the fact that the playerbase is split, in various fractions, over 25+ possible romances. So appeasing everyone would require a lot of work, especially with trying to get them to react to the branching story that is currently going on like some on this thread are discussing.

One thing I mentioned in another thread was that it would be great to have our old companions gain influence based on our conversations and decisions in 6.0 and future content. That means they can still have opinions, even if they don't necessarily speak up about them. And as someone who HATES gifts, conversations were always my preferred way to raise influence/affection with companions.