Large Lag Spikes Since Onslaught Launch

Morizo

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hm. There is really something wrong with Darth Malgus server I just made a character on NA server Sathele Shan and the ping is high 120 ms, which is no wonder because Im from europe but its constant No lag spikes :eek: So what now? I want to play on EU sever not NA.:mad:

Same issue here. Around 4pm - 11pm CET. I'm playing on Tulak Horde, German servers. Situated near Frankfurt the issue seems to be Deutsche Telekom related and mostly mid and southern Germany. Friends from northern Germany have 0 issues, though they are not with the Deutsche Telekom. This issue has already existed and been fixed some time ago. Now it came back with onslaught :/

VPN might be a solution, but not for my stream bc quality would suffer too much.

It seems like the game is leaking memory. I get these sometimes too, it just gets worse and worse until I have to force close the game because my entire PC locks up. Then once the game is force closed, my PC starts working again and the game is once again (relatively) lag free.

Switching to Google DNS servers 8.8.8.8 and 8.8.4.4 (as suggested by @RedSonia) does help to alleviate the issue somewhat. I'm now back to a fairly stable connection. Still surprised that a different DNS server would change the routing, but apparently it does.

PS: German Telekom customer, server Tulak Hord.

Edited by Electricdawn

Switching to Google DNS servers 8.8.8.8 and 8.8.4.4 (as suggested by @RedSonia) does help to alleviate the issue somewhat. I'm now back to a fairly stable connection. Still surprised that a different DNS server would change the routing, but apparently it does.

PS: German Telekom customer, server Tulak Hord.

German Telekom Customer, Tulak Hord Server too. After having an unplayable game for about a week, I switched to NA, where I have no lags, ironically.

It seems like the game is leaking memory. I get these sometimes too, it just gets worse and worse until I have to force close the game because my entire PC locks up. Then once the game is force closed, my PC starts working again and the game is once again (relatively) lag free.

To add to this, it seems to only happen on Onderon.

Same problem here. Provider is Deutsche Telekom, location Northern Germany. Lag spikes make the the game nearly unplayable. For a strange reason this problem occurs only while prime time. Network analysis show between 7% -12% package loss...

Edit: DNS server switch made no difference for me (would have been surprised if so)

Edited by Drunken-Monkey

UPDATE:

A colleague of mine, who contacted the BW-support was told, that the problem is a Telia server somewhere in Dublin, which cannot handle the amount of traffic in the prime time. Unfortunately the Deutsche Telekom has a contract with Telia. Therefore: All Telekom customers seem to be routed over the bad Telia server, which causes the bad connection.

According to my own analysis with some Windows commands (tracert, pathping), this explanation seems to be legit. My package loss always occours between the Telia servers...

Edited by Drunken-Monkey

UPDATE:

A colleague of mine, who contacted the BW-support was told, that the problem is a Telia server somewhere in Dublin, which cannot handle the amount of traffic in the prime time. Unfortunately the Deutsche Telekom has a contract with Telia. Therefore: All Telekom customers seem to be routed over the bad Telia server, which causes the bad connection.

According to my own analysis with some Windows commands (tracert, pathping), this explanation seems to be legit. My package loss always occours between the Telia servers...

Would make sense, since there are not a lot of people complaining about lag.

I use Deutsche Telekom too...

Tried switching to google dns - had bad lag since then but no more complete disconnects

UPDATE:

This makes sense, I can remember a similiar case a while ago in WoW. That time it was a faulty Telia router in Frankfurt which caused the issues.

Unfortunately the only solution for something like this would be to change the routing, and that's only possible by using a VPN.

Yup, same here. (Server Darth Malgus)

Before 6.0 everything was fine. Since the update I'm having massive lag spikes up to 20000 ms which last sometimes for 5-10 seconds or even longer, which makes the game basically unplayable.

Checked my router, connection etc, everything is working perfectly well except for SWTOR.

Please Bioware do something. I just had massive lag and got logged off snd now i cannot log in anymore.

Also Telekom Germany. Is it my responsibility to contact the telia server guys in dublin or yours?

Since 2 weeks a cannot play properly. This is worse than any bug.

Every day is getting worse and worse. Ping jumps just awful. Everything slows down and pulls. I play on Malgus, from Belarus, there wasn’t such anything before the update. I checked my internet connection, everything works fine. The problem is in the game with the servers.

• 2 weeks later...

Michigan here.

Never had such horrible lag issues , except at launch in swtor

We know it isnt my ISP Or my computers because all 5 lag and all 5 are different.

Only swtor.

Pinging the servers I dont get that issue but in game its difficult to just fight a single mom.

Its been like this since onslaught . I already cancelled swtor for the first time since launch .

Hoping they get this fixed before next month or I am just sticking with Classic BEEP...No lag there and 100times as many people...

Good luck everyone...

I say hope but with EA they kill everything..

Earth and Beyond ahem

Motor City Online ahem

All of GAMESTORM AHEM

So many EA murdered

• 4 weeks later...
After less than 2 minutes online, I get a huge lag spike and after about 10 minutes, I am sent to server select screen. Happens on Star Forge only so far but I'm going to move (maybe long term...) to Satele Shan. Everything else online oriented works flawlessly, it's only SWTOR. Quick mention, Star Forge used to be Shadowlands and that spent LOTS of time on backups with similar results with the only difference being that it sucked less and I recovered from the issue in about a minute.

If you have only problems with swtor around the prime time, it´s not the swtor servers.

The problem is the route you get to the server. A VPN Program should help.

(I had lags too for weeks around prime time. The provider of the server to swtor server didn´t care and now I have to use Pingzapper so that I can play :(