What do you think will be the announcement between 1/15 and 1/20?

Conundrum-NSA

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

It's almost a given they will announce something during that timeframe to entice people to sub for another month, any guess what you think it will be?

Upgrades to the Legacy system. And something with either a new flashpoint or something with ship combat.

Just guessing though.

Microtransactions store is my real bet but since I love the idea of the thread lets make some actual doomsday predictions.

Free to Play announcement.

Cave in for LFG tool.

Extra Free time do to bad maintanences and server crashes.

Increase in shard size and server size.

Content patches for levels 1-30 to increase the ammount of sidequest on alt play throughs.

Some bug fixes, maybe actually one actual real bug fix that isnt cosmetic.

PVP fixes, pvp bg's, more dailies you know the usual content related to end game.

Raid instance fixes do to them being exploitable and/or broken.

More raid instances.

More races and bodytypes.

Lightsaber colour restrictions lift do to popular demand and since it makes episodes 4-6 quite hilarious in terms of morals.

Moral choise fixes as well as making corresponding texts to speech (as if.).

Choose your pick most likely you will end up seeing most of them tho.

Who said they're announcing something?

It's a logical conclusion because starting Jan 20th a lot of peoples free month will be up, and most MMO's see a fairly sharp drop in active players at the end of the first 30 days. So it would make sense that they'd say something with the hope of retaining more people.

It's a logical conclusion because starting Jan 20th a lot of peoples free month will be up, and most MMO's see a fairly sharp drop in active players at the end of the first 30 days. So it would make sense that they'd say something with the hope of retaining more people.

Not everyone is Trion

Most of have been around MMOs since the beginning, if Trion is the MMO to do this then WoW is the first MMO.

Not to mention were talking about EA, Lucas Arts and Bioware. Throw in Ubisoft and Activison and you have the axis of gamingevil when it comes to customers in one location.

Ofcourse they will announce something huge at near end of subscriptions considering the rate they are losing them, before that even would be a better bet, but the saver bet nontheless is that they will announce something big.

Some MMOs have tanked completely in almost as much time (i.e. APB lasted a couple months before being closed, if I remember).

FF14 as well, hell gate london (lol, technically can be counted in this category)... But yes, APB actually tanked entirely before going f2p.

Edit: Yes I know ff14 has now monthly fee, but your kinda forgetting just how long the game was free and how cheap it was to buy from stores. It was essentially a free to play in terms of how it was treated.

Edited by Sohtaraz

Not everyone is Trion

sadly.

Whether you like their games or not, they are a company who works for their money. Masses of content, lots of varied endgame progression, they jusify their subs.

Lets see if BW look like they will put the effort in, so far, I kind of doubt it.

Not to mention were talking about EA, Lucas Arts and Bioware. Throw in Ubisoft and Activison and you have the axis of gamingevil when it comes to customers in one location.

Ofcourse they will announce something huge at near end of subscriptions considering the rate they are losing them, before that even would be a better bet, but the saver bet nontheless is that they will announce something big.

Care to back that up with some facts or are they losing subs at a high rate because you said so and the whiners on this board are posting quitting threads? Facts or it's more silly hyperbole.

So you know how many subs they've lost first hand? Please give me an exact number. I'm interested.

Care to back that up with some facts or are they losing subs at a high rate because you said so and the whiners on this board are posting quitting threads? Facts or it's more silly hyperbole.

Sold copies not matching subscriptions after christmas, cancelled preorders combined is enough to worry EA's and lucas arts. You do consider how much these people are after the money.

Amongst that I'm going out of limb and saying most of the complaining posts about the game isn't reflecting the ammount of subscriptions of people who get bored of the game since it has been with every single mmo's release and it will keep happening.

What exactly do you think that this game will hold its launch subscriptions any better then lets say ~ Rift (Can't think of a newer mmo release) ?

Even if you consider the ammount of people who are saying they cancel their subscriptions on a board that actually removes peoples posts for saying that you still have to remember where talking about big businesses here with actual stockholders to pleace.

Sold copies not matching subscriptions after christmas, cancelled preorders combined is enough to worry EA's and lucas arts. You do consider how much these people are after the money.

Amongst that I'm going out of limb and saying most of the complaining posts about the game isn't reflecting the ammount of subscriptions of people who get bored of the game since it has been with every single mmo's release and it will keep happening.

What exactly do you think that this game will hold its launch subscriptions any better then lets say ~ Rift (Can't think of a newer mmo release) ?

Even if you consider the ammount of people who are saying they cancel their subscriptions on a board that actually removes peoples posts for saying that you still have to remember where talking about big businesses here with actual stockholders to pleace.

From whence do you draw these "facts?" Where have you see Bioware, EA, or Lucasarts express concern? All I've seen is them saying it's the fastest growing MMO in history.

Tololololloololololololollllll

Post an actual link to something solid. Other than an forum that has other people speculating.

People claim they will cancel or else they do this or that. WoW had less than 1 million subs for a long time. LONG time. Most other free to play garbage has less then 250k before they go free to play. Currently Swtor is much higher than that. Use history to create your opinions before you use forum complaints to create one.