new "trailer" for ONSLAUGHT is....well....

Nee-Elder

The new 'Onslaught' trailer:

yipes BioWare , did an amateur fan make this? I understand u guys needed 99% of your focus on the new content & changes but ugh EA where's your $$$ budget these days? Sorta lackluster & disappointing tbh.

I would urge players who actually want to get excited (or re-excited) for SWTOR to instead watch the original trailers by 'Blur Studio' (actual professionals) ---> https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NuNvCOUy1Ts

Still looking forward to 6.0 & stuff , even Conquest , but seriously the new trailer doesn't help the cause much imo. :cool:

I wouldn't go as far as to call it fan made but it does feel a bit flat. It leaves me feeling....nothing.

On the positive side...it may be better to do this approach and maybe surprising us, rather than overhyping and underdelivering.

Edited by Tsillah

It definitely didn't seem like something meant to draw in new players or draw back disenfranchised ones. It feels like something going through the motions because a trailer is expected but the few people watching it are already going to play.

I don't care that it is bad if only it was worse previously. The previous trailers were good and some are in fact very good. They set the standard. This latest trailer does fall short of the standard set by the previous trailers. If you are not improving, at least maintain the same standard. If you let yourself go down the slippery slope of lower standard than previously achieved, you will never know how fast you will slide down this slippery slope never to recover again. So I am giving an 'F' grade for this current trailer comparatively and not absolutely.

It was decent. Wasn't terrible or great. Similar to the final trailer for Rise of Skywalker. The Onslaught trailer should have been released weeks, if not months ago. It should never have been released this close to the expansion.

It was decent. Wasn't terrible or great. Similar to the final trailer for Rise of Skywalker. The Onslaught trailer should have been released weeks, if not months ago. It should never have been released this close to the expansion.

I dunno, I found the trailer for RoS a lot more exciting personally.

Not the first expansion to not have a Blur trailer, while those are nice and fancy and everything, they have zero relation to the quality of the content delivered.

I'd rather have more 6.0 content and more development resources provided for the game than a fancy trailer, any day of the week.

I'd rather have more 6.0 content and more development resources provided for the game than a fancy trailer, any day of the week.

Except that those 2 things are not mutually exclusive.

And, in a perfect world, those 2 things work in tandem. ( flashy expensive trailer brings in new players ---> focused elevated content keeps players subscribed )

Except that those 2 things are not mutually exclusive.

And, in a perfect world, those 2 things work in tandem. ( flashy expensive trailer brings in new players ---> focused elevated content keeps players subscribed )

Unless you have the opportunity to move part of the marketing funds to development...especially on a tight budget. Bottom line for me is though that I'm already here and I don't need a trailer to play 6.0.

Not the first expansion to not have a Blur trailer, while those are nice and fancy and everything, they have zero relation to the quality of the content delivered.

THIS. I'd much rather have a trailer that uses in engine footage to show what you're REALLY gonna play than a cgi mini movie with graphics we'll never see.

Allocate that "blur trailer" money to something else in game.

I wouldn't go as far as to call it fan made but it does feel a bit flat. It leaves me feeling....nothing.

On the positive side...it may be better to do this approach and maybe surprising us, rather than overhyping and underdelivering.

It's an omen of what we have to expect. Reading the patch notes I saw all the bad things from the PTS regardless of the feedback given to them. Increased conquest points, increased prices, increased material costs and an endless gear grind.

So Dooms Day 6.0 is coming

It's an omen of what we have to expect. Reading the patch notes I saw all the bad things from the PTS regardless of the feedback given to them. Increased conquest points, increased prices, increased material costs and an endless gear grind.

So Dooms Day 6.0 is coming

Dooms days are often prophecied and rarely happen. I've read the patch notes though and I have much different feelings about them than you do. Perhaps your dooms day is my lucky day. Of course I could also hate it, but based on what I've read I'm a lot more positive clearly.

I disagree that there is zero relation to the quality of the content delivered.

If you want to see how good a man is, you see how he treat the lowest level of people in his company. If you want to know how good a company is in delivering quality, you take a look at the worst product that they make. It is not the top end of the product that you should focus on to determine quality but rather the lowest end of product in terms of quality because it proves that they are capable of delivering that low level of quality which very very good company will never allow themselves to deliver (they rather throw away than put it out).

Up until now TOR trailers were widely praised for being better than any current Star Wars out at the time. Guess there is a first time for everything.

The recent Star Wars movies are also crap in terms of meeting audiences' expectation. I guess you mean there is a race to the bottom in terms of Star Wars' production standard?

First they cry there is no trailer. When there is a trailer, they cry it's not a good enough trailer.

If you wanted a cinematic trailer, you weren't paying attention. Shadow of Revan and Rise of the Hutt Cartel didn't have cinematic trailers either and turned out fine.

The content itself is more important than blowing 3m dollars in a cinematic trailer. Maybe next time, if Onslaught is a sucess.