Maintenance: July 25th, 2019

EricMusco

Ok folks,

Here is the plan. For anyone online currently we just messaged that the game will go into maintenance in 15 minutes. We are going to bring the servers down so we can deploy a fix for Heraldry being overwritten. There will not be a patch to download.

This means anyone who has already logged in, you have already had your Heraldry overwritten to the default, more on that in a second. If no one in your Guild has logged in yet, you are fine!

What we are going to do is for any Guild which had a member login this morning, we are going to add 1 million credits to your Guild Bank. This is effectively us "refunding" the cost of changing your Heraldry so you can set it up again. We apologize for any inconvenience caused. I will let you know when all servers are back online.

-eric

Thanks for the update Eric. :) Most of us out here very much appreciate everything you guys do. It's only the child-like vocal minority that will come onto threads like these to complain about extended downtime.

• Replies 90
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Dev Post

Hey folks,

All servers are once again available. Just to recap:

• If anyone in your Guild has logged in since maintenance this morning, your Heraldry will be reset. You will find 1 million additional credits refunded into your Guild Bank so you can set your Heraldry again.
  • If no one from your Guild has logged in today, you are not impacted at all.

Thank you all for your patience.

-eric

Am I the only one who’s servers are still down??!:mad:

No, they came back up for a short while, then a problem was reported with the in-game Guild Heraldry, and the servers have been taken down again to allow the devs to investigate and (hopefully) fix the issue.

No ETA on the servers coming back up, yet.

Calm down angry birds, just be happy that they are working on this.

They are communicating fast, they are communicating with you. With us, the players. They are using your feedback to make it better, even if they screw the code, they try to fix it. Get used to that.

And the guilds are getting refunds because of the heraldik fail. No one was hurt. Get a cold shower. :D

Yeah it is funny when they are failing ones again, but they are working...

Edited by Ultrafutzi

Just logged back on to fix my Guild Heraldry (since I didn't have the color codes written down it took two tries - oh well) and looked at the conquest leader board.

Still not working, as shown in the pic/link above.

(Checked on Star Forge)

Edited by Darev

Hey folks,

• If anyone in your Guild has logged in since maintenance this morning, your Heraldry will be reset. You will find 1 million additional credits refunded into your Guild Bank so you can set your Heraldry again.

-eric

Eric , you might wanna double-check that part about "if no one from your guild has logged in today" cuz i'm 100% certain no one from my IMP side guild has logged online in past 11 hours (so says the in-game guild 'roster' tab 'last played' column) and yet we still got our Heraldry RESET.

I personally hadn't logged in myself either. I only just now logged in to fix our guild Heraldrys and checked who---if anyone---had been online today for our guilds.

./shrug , guess its all sorta moot now anyways but i just figured i'd mention it yep

-------

Just logged back on to fix my Guild Heraldry (since I didn't have the color codes written down it took two tries - oh well) and looked at the conquest leader board.

Still not working, as shown in the pic/link above.

(Checked on Star Forge)

Agreed, i just double-checked myself (same server) after relogging & restarting the client (just to be sure) and it's def. still displaying borked.

Edited by Nee-Elder

Forgot to mention earlier, we are looking into Conquest Leaderboard issue as well. Thanks all.

-eric

Sounds like you have your hands full. Hang in there !

I may be a bit crusty around the edges .. but I've been where you're at... just in a different line of work ! Things will get better !

In the mean time I'll just keep ripping wall paper off of two rooms that need some attention ... and from there keep using the ol' steamer to get the walls cleaned and ready for the next step in preparation for painting !!

:D

There's always plenty of work to be done !

;)

Sounds like you have your hands full. Hang in there !

I may be a bit crusty around the edges .. but I've been where you're at... just in a different line of work ! Things will get better !

In the mean time I'll just keep ripping wall paper off of two rooms that need some attention ... and from there keep using the ol' steamer to get the walls cleaned and ready for the next step in preparation for painting !!

:D

There's always plenty of work to be done !

;)

Wallpaper!? I'm so glad that went out with the 70's or thereabout. I could not imagine having to rip that stuff off the walls... :eek:

Wallpaper!? I'm so glad that went out with the 70's or thereabout. I could not imagine having to rip that stuff off the walls... :eek:

I was wallpapering on my first job....and I graduated in 1990....that didn't go out of style at all. Heck, they still sell it today...

I was wallpapering on my first job....and I graduated in 1990....that didn't go out of style at all. Heck, they still sell it today...

We're about the same age, graduated in '88. The area I live in, California, you're lucky to see wallpaper anywhere other than older homes. Compared to the 70's, it's night and day.

Hey folks,

-eric

Umm...my Heraldry was reset on both guilds, as I logged in this morning. But I am not seeing any refund of credits in my guild bank.

Is it just added & nothing in the ledger stating it was added??

Umm...my Heraldry was reset on both guilds, as I logged in this morning. But I am not seeing any refund of credits in my guild bank.

Is it just added & nothing in the ledger stating it was added??

Correct, the 'ledger' tab doesn't actually state the 1mil extra (i'm guessing since it was just done thru code patch.... Plus , i mean, it's not like 'Eric Musco' can be listed as a member in that column :cool: )

Edited by Nee-Elder

OH ... yes ! I know this is going OT... but you'll appreciate this.

The house we purchased just a few years ago was previously owned by a dear sweet elderly lady who LOVED wall paper ! She lover lots.. and LOTS and L-O-T-S of wall paper. Every room save 3 .. wall papered from floor to ceiling !! Not the cheap stuff mind you ! OH no ! The GOOD stuff... Which was placed over a nicely textured and painted finish !!

:eek:

OH YEAH !

18 months ago I remolded the master bedroom. It was time consuming to say the least.

Today I spent the AM working on one of the two rooms ... Steaming the residue off of the walls and restoring the original textured finish .. A few more touch ups and it will be ready to repaint !

It will still take SEVERAL more hours to get to this finished !

Frankly I spent too much time playing the game today... sooo Friday I'll catching up on work mode !!

:D:D:D

OH ... and ummm .. I graduated in '70 !

Edited by OlBuzzard

Yes, because that's their goal is to screw EU players. Ignorant statement. If I'm playing a game that's developed and based overseas, I fully expect my game time to be impacted here in America during peak hours.

Total bs.

First of all there are 2 US servers and 3 EU servers. The EU servers are in Ireland, not the US.

Second there are other games that are smarter about maintenance times so why not BioWare?

In the end a large portion of their customer base is in the EU. So adjusting to customer needs makes sense.

I mean I'm not sure why guild banners had to be an emergency patch but it's standard procedure for BioWare to do their regular maintenance so it ends around prime time in the EU and every time there is a delay it automatically goes over into prime time.

Everybody knows that delays happen, especially in this game. They can do it an hour or two earlier if they wanted to, but they don't.

This whole idea that if it's based in X country is just silly. You need to look at where your customers are and give them an equal service. We pay at least as much for the game. If a company wants to have customers on the other side of the globe than they need to give the service that goes with it.

To me it just smacks of BioWare not wanting to pay their people a little extra to start on or two hours earlier. Let's be honest, how often do they release a patch that has no problems?

And this just came after another emergency patch on the same day. It's just annoying really. But for this particular part, I just wonder why it had to be done so urgently. Why could this not have waited till the next day?

there is a problem getting into the game. i got into the game yesterday after the maintenance. but today when i try to get in the game. it shows patch download 100% complete, but the play button wont light up to let me get into the game.

i tried to send a support ticket and there is problems with that too. support has moved to ea.help but to send a ticket the page comes up with page not found.

there is a problem getting into the game. i got into the game yesterday after the maintenance. but today when i try to get in the game. it shows patch download 100% complete, but the play button wont light up to let me get into the game.

i tried to send a support ticket and there is problems with that too. support has moved to ea.help but to send a ticket the page comes up with page not found.

I get an error at login it worked 5 mins ago then lost net now its saying wrong with patch and try again.. down to patch 3.x.x.x ?... REally Did you guys over there trip on a wire to your cables to the servers or did a employe eat a donut and spill coffee?

• Dev Post

Hey folks,

Quick update on the Conquest Leaderboard issue. We discovered that players who are using our SSN launcher did not receive that fix. We are working on correcting that now. The next time a player with the SSN launcher boots up the game they will receive a small patch, which will correct the Conquest Leaderboards for them.

Thanks all.

-eric