Can you still get a Collector's Edition of this game?

TheRandomWolf

Ever since I joined SWTOR I've been wanting to get the CE of this game, even if it's just the code (although the physical version would be a lot better!), and haven't really been able to find any good sources. Does anyone know where I could get it (as a EU player) and if it's still possible to upgrade my account to CE status?

Amazon and Ebay would be the places to go, if you're trusting enough. You might find one for several hundred+ dollars that doesn't have the code used yet. But honestly, the CE doesn't offer anything spectacular in-game. The only thing that ever caught my eye was the Statue of Eternal Grace SH decoration, which was released later on. But even that has decent substitutes, with more coming out as new decos are released.

Here's what it looks like though: https://tord.mmo-fashion.com/statue-of-eternal-grace/

It's still possible to upgrade, did it last September. Bought mine off Amazon, the seller was a games shop from the Netherlands and I asked beforehand if it's really unused - they said yes and I took the risk (it was 'cheap' compared to the other unopened CEs). Worked out fine in this case.

• 1 year later...
It's still possible to upgrade, did it last September. Bought mine off Amazon, the seller was a games shop from the Netherlands and I asked beforehand if it's really unused - they said yes and I took the risk (it was 'cheap' compared to the other unopened CEs). Worked out fine in this case.

Will the codes from Europe collector's edition work on a NA account?

Started my adventure with SWTOR in 2013. Bought one 15 days ago on ebay with unopened Malgus and Gnost Dural book. Box has used CE Codes only (already used codes 2 years ago). CE should arrive in monday maybe. It's already in my country.

Can't wait to finally have Malgus statue and other things. I saw many never opened Collector's Editions but a bit expensive.

:)

Edited by tummiswtor

I bought one off Amazon France back in February. The key thing to look for for confidence-building is "Shipped by Amazon", or as I saw it, "Expédié par Amazon" (duh, it's Amazon France). That means that the product is in *Amazon's* warehouse, and I think most dodgy people who are secretly selling used codes would be unwilling to do that.

And the code worked just fine.

ok whats the hype about CE??

do you get anything special?

i bought mine back in 2011 launch??

Aside from the statue, journal, map poster, music album, and key chain security code. The Collector's Edition comes with a digital code that upgrade your account to collector's and gives you 30 day sub time. It also unlocks: Flare gun, Holo dancer, Training Droid, Droid pet, Mount, binoculars, VIP lounge access, and access to a special vendor in the VIP lounge. These unlocks are account wide.

Edited by AceMasterSoul

• 1 month later...

I still have a factory sealed collectors edition.. Was recently cleaning and found a second copy I purchased at launch thinking it would be a cool thing to have in 20 years :)

Seeing the prices now makes me think about selling... But who knows, still cool to have. Got it set up next my my opened one as bookends on my shelf, perfect being able to display all sides of the box as the art is all unique.

• 1 year later...
Aside from the statue, journal, map poster, music album, and key chain security code. The Collector's Edition comes with a digital code that upgrade your account to collector's and gives you 30 day sub time. It also unlocks: Flare gun, Holo dancer, Training Droid, Droid pet, Mount, binoculars, VIP lounge access, and access to a special vendor in the VIP lounge. These unlocks are account wide.

The CE vendor has a couple of great dyes!

It looks like there is going to be a digital CE coming out. Hopefully it isn't a crazy price and lets people access the vendor. So many people covet the trooper armor and they'll finally be able to get it.

I thought I had the CE version, as I have the VIP wristband and all the other things that came in the same mail (Dr Ogg trainer, holorecorder, STAP mount, etc), but the CE vendor won't speak to me. Is there something I need or am I doing something wrong (I really want to see what dyes are available)? Or is there any way to tell if I have the CE on my account?

Edit: I've just had a look at my account (should have gone there first, I suppose), and I have the Digital Deluxe version (Digital Upgrade Pack). I thought that this was equivalent to the CE, but not??

Edited by TziganeNZ

Edit: I've just had a look at my account (should have gone there first, I suppose), and I have the Digital Deluxe version (Digital Upgrade Pack). I thought that this was equivalent to the CE, but not??

No, the Digital Upgrade Pack is a compromise for those who wanted the cosmetic digital items and the wristband from the CE. The access to the exclusive CE vendor is still restricted to a game code from a physical CE box.

Edited by Phazonfreak

The CE vendor has a couple of great dyes!

It looks like there is going to be a digital CE coming out. Hopefully it isn't a crazy price and lets people access the vendor. So many people covet the trooper armor and they'll finally be able to get it.

Is this a troll? I have seen NOTHING about this. Although it would be smart to release it now for the 10th anniversary.

Source?

Edited by Zergnaut

Is this a troll? I have seen NOTHING about this. Although it would be smart to release it now for the 10th anniversary.

Source?

PTS, new items have their origin listed as "Digital Collectors's Edition" which I am very happy to see, good that they keep the prior exclusive items exclusive but give a new alternative for newer players.

Edited by RikuvonDrake

PTS, new items have their origin listed as "Digital Collectors's Edition" which I am very happy to see, good that they keep the prior exclusive items exclusive but give a new alternative for newer players.

would be nice to have a bioware announcement on this

I bought mine from Kijjiijii after Kotet came out,,the box was sealed,its huge,and was told he never used it,,,sadly,,code would not work,,but everything inside was still new,,map,cd,statue,etc,,Malgus is right in front of me staring me down for making lightside decisions :(,,,,

• 1 month later...
I pre-ordered two CEs in 2011. I opened one and played until 2014. I just found the other one still sealed in the original shipping box. It has never been opened. I checked ebay and saw a seller asking almost $2k for unopened editions. There can't be many unopened boxes left...I wonder what this could sell for?

I pre-ordered two CEs in 2011. I opened one and played until 2014. I just found the other one still sealed in the original shipping box. It has never been opened. I checked ebay and saw a seller asking almost $2k for unopened editions. There can't be many unopened boxes left...I wonder what this could sell for?

Put it on as an Auction with a long time frame and you’ll see. You can always pull it off near the end if you don’t think you’ll get enough money