I want a swappable purple crystal badly enough to quit if it's raid drop only

Felioats

couldnt agree more, some things need to be rare only one jedi in the movies has ever had a purple crystal so it shouldnt be that common in game IMO.

The movies aren't relevant to the game, since there are HUNDREDS of mobs with purple sabers in the game.

• Replies 445
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

theres NO pink crystals.

Magenta its just purple, deep purple.

Magenta crystals come on the pvp sablers (far as i know you cant remove it) and from lvl 400 artificer recipes that drops from world bosses.

i can do a +33 critical magenta (purple again, NOT pink) crystal.

orange, yellow, blue, red and green are "common" as they can be trained on the regular artificer trainer.

OMG learn your colours! Do not try and confuse people so you can craft an item and rip someone off!!

For all people saying Magenta is Purple... Learn your elementary colours!

Is a pink lightsaber too much to ask for? I think not.

Listen up cause you're about to be a very happy bunny!

Take a look at this:

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/c/c7/Blended_colour_wheel.svg

This is a picture of the colour wheel... As you can see, Purple is located between Blue and Pink. Magenta is located between Pink and Red Now this proves that Magenta is a separate colour in it's own right... Hence why Bioware have called it MAGENTA and not either pink or purple... There is a purple crystal in game but it is currently Empire pvp ONLY!

If you want to get really technical colour wise then it should be magenta that is restricted to Empire pvp... As magenta is far closer to red then purple is (check here and the colour wheel linked above)... Purple is allot closer to blue... Therefore it should be republic that are restricted to purple in pvp...

But enough of technicalities, there should be no restrictions! This is an MMO a game of choice... It has been pointed out countless times that countless Jedi have wielded colours other than blue or green, including purple (Ki Adi Mundi, An'ya Kuro) Orange (Yaddle, Evan Piell), Yellow (Plo Koon) and RED (Adi Gallia) I'm tired of people saying Red is DS only, it is not!

I've already listed prior to this that Sith have wielded Blue, Green and Yellow! (check my previous posts)

They are all canon! Bioware has acknowledged the problem, here:

Hey guys,

Thanks for the thoughtful and well articulated feedback. We're going to re-discuss this topic internally and see what we can come up with. I wouldn't expect any short term changes on this as we've got a lot of stuff in the pipe right now, but I wanted to let you know that we have taken note of the feedback given in this thread.

-- Georg

So hopefully we should see a change at some point...

But for now, stop your "Magenta IS Purple blah blah blah..." Argument, you are false. ;)

why do imps get the only purple colour crystal ingame, when it was mace windu, a jedi, who is the only one to have ever used it in the hard canon (movies)?

is bioware just trolling the republic?

The only logical explanation is that they are doing it to promote grinding at endgame.

Ive been trying to get the magenta crystal schematic, but the same coward ops leader blocks me out due to fair of losing it to someone.

I killed the boss 5 times, saw the schematic drop 4 times and didn't get it, now nobody in my guild wants to kill it anymore.

cry me a river

hmmm

I think it would be better to keep lightsabers off limits until SOA down on hard mode.

Being a Jedi would mean something then, same as a Darth.

Players that WWHHAAAAAA! When they can't get what they want are killing this genre.

When something is easy to get its worthless.

Samuel Jackson wanted to stand out in the movie, so he wanted a purple saber, no other real reason

lucas has said colors are meaningless choices, they have no bearing on jedi/sith

go to the black temple on empire it is filled with sith with purple sabers, the color is meaningless, remove color restriction, they have NO bearing on the game

Edited by owenthorn

I'm somewhat of a casual player, but not really, I will play as much as I can afford to, however, I think there is a simple fix to the colour issues.

Once you've completed the endgame quest (by no means is it really an endgame quest.. as you can neer finish an MMO), you should be given a crystal that gives you a customization option. This crystal brings up a colour wheel (such as like in Photoshop, SAI, GIMP, and other photo/art programs) that allows you to choose your own colour, with a preview of what it'll look like with your weapon/lightsaber.

This will make it so you still have to WORK for the crystal, yet not so hard that you can't get the appearence customization you want.

Also, in addition to this, I believe the base colours, including purple and cyan, should be easier to abtain. If you can create your own colour crystal (no artifice required for endgame colour crystal I think, else it would make everyone use artificer, and completely defeat the purpose of the crafting skills), then the colours that are available without a colour choice wheel, would i theory be easier to abtain.

By no means am I saying to nerf the hard-to-get crystals, that would be pointless. I do agree with colour crystals not having attribute bonuses though, and instead, having a different crystal slot, for power-type crystals (such as with the case in KOTOR).

I know that MANY KOTOR players are playing this MMO, I am one of them. I think that this MAY be a solution to the problem, it may not... but it's worth the try maybe?

Hey guys,

Thanks for the thoughtful and well articulated feedback. We're going to re-discuss this topic internally and see what we can come up with. I wouldn't expect any short term changes on this as we've got a lot of stuff in the pipe right now, but I wanted to let you know that we have taken note of the feedback given in this thread.

-- Georg

I'm glad we have your attention, but honestly, what are you going to discuss? As you your self have said...

Hi Alexious,

Style is something that is very subjective and what some people love, others find unacceptable. The solution to that lies in allowing players to control their own style, a function that the core game currently provides via customizable (orange) gear.

Please see Emmanuel's post on extending orange gear viability into endgame to get an idea of our intentions. Obviously, new appearances will also be added to the game over time as well.

Regards

Georg

I've been stating this point since release and if you can acknowledge this and actually DO SOMETHING ABOUT IT, you will have my respect again.

My character is not as powerful, cool, awesome as Mace Windu AND NEVER WILL BE. Therefore, I shouldn't be allowed to have a purple lightsaber (unless I undertake some EXTREME... and I mean extreme task). Since all my characters are going to be roughly equal to everybody elses, players shouldn't be able to get purple crystals (or any other weird colors) easily.

Like I said, that is just my opinion.

I do not wish to start arguments, and I totally agree Mace is super cool, but Bioware writers have compared our characters to the Justice League, so I take that as we ARE supposed to be more powerful, more awesome. Maybe they see Mace the same way....

And I just have to bring up again that so many MOBs have purple effect weapons in this game, be it laser or lightsaber, its really a slap in the face to those of us who love purple.

Delekahn

I do not wish to start arguments, and I totally agree Mace is super cool, but Bioware writers have compared our characters to the Justice League, so I take that as we ARE supposed to be more powerful, more awesome. Maybe they see Mace the same way....

And I just have to bring up again that so many MOBs have purple effect weapons in this game, be it laser or lightsaber, its really a slap in the face to those of us who love purple.

Delekahn

I'm looking at a purple crystal on the GM right now.

/thread

This seems like a pretty simple thing to fix, actually. Give Artificers more schematics for the other colors. They could certainly use the business. Judging by the replies to this thread, adding a few extra color schematics would give that craft a much needed boost, particularly at the low end, where saber customization is less of an option.

Keep the stats on the crystals. The game is already tuned for this, and adding more color schematics to Artificing will ease the friction.

Let Magenta remain an 'easter egg' for fun and rarity. Maybe put in another easter egg or two like it for some other unusual combos like black/purple.

Heck, why just the two variations (blade/core)? Make some crystals that do things like :

• give a sparkle effect to the blade
  • give off an intense glow that reflects off players and nearby objects
  • has particle effects with particles of a different colour spinning around the blade
  • subtle colour gradients that slowly shift between two hues
  • give the blade a nimbus of lightning
  • make the blade thin like a fencing sword
  • make the blade broader like a cutlass

These things can be accomplished without causing lag city on older hardware, although some effects would be degraded in appearance on older hardware, but thems the breaks.

I also wonder why Artificing cannot craft non-moddable sabers with prefix advancement... Redoubt, Overkill, Critical, etc. with random colour blades. I think the lack of lightsaber options has us Force-users feeling the burn.

Haha, no. That's playing in your free time.

I mean:

"Guys, everyone has to be on from 6pm - 9:30pm tomorrow for the raid. If you leave early you won't be invited next time. Arriving late will cost you gear rolls."

That kind of scheduling.

And I do raid, but kind of how you put it.

"Hey guys, if we have 15 people online saturday, you guys want to try and go kill Malgus?"

You will absolutely love this new game called Mass Effect 3 coming out. It is designed for people like you who want to get something done randomly whenever you have friends on! You dont schedule it, you all just happen to be playing it then you play together and do the normal story together! You would love it.

Raiding is a core part of the mmo design philosophy; even skill based mmos(uo,darkfall,shadowbane) at some point or another added raid bosses to add depth. Problem is if the content is designed to be able to be pugged, it will have to be so easy that there is no reason to do it. We dont want this game to turn in to WoW patch 4.3.

"I want a purely stylistic item that should have never been made a rare raid drop because I don't enjoy raiding. If bioware refuses to alter their asinine assigment of purely stylistic items to raids, I'll behave like an adult and play something else."
fixed

Ok, it's not SWTOR, it's City of Heroes.... but seriously, look at it. I've got my purplish energy sword and nothing horrible happened because I was able to do this without jumping through some insane hoops. It's just about customizing appearance. Come on Bioware, just let us do it. It's not like this game really lets us do much in customization to begin with.

http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/214/purplelightsaber.jpg/

Edited by Starwaster

Firstly, I should mention I play on Empire and know nothing of republic.

Purple crystals are not hard to obtain. I didn't read the entire thread, so I don't know if this is mentioned. Though I saw someone say stuff like only marauder and jugg's can get a purple crystal, which is completely wrong. I know plenty of Sith Sorcerer's with a purple pvp lightsaber. Outside of that, do Battle of Ilum on hard mode. The final boss drops offhand weapons. Ninja (since the only thing that matters to you is your purple crystal) a sith warrior offhand columi token. Go to the vendor and use that token to buy the "Fall of Atris" which is the marauder offhand weapon. You can very easily pay 30k to pull the crystal out of the lightsaber and put it where ever you please.

I have to say again that I can't speak for republic and whether or not this works for them.