Gathering Feedback

EricMusco

Hey, yeah, I got a suggestion about the cool new dyes

Solidify and expand on your current selections...

The new dyes need better descriptors, all of them are either descibed as "gray", "tan", or something else there is already an established color for, i.e. "deep blue". We already have a "deep blue" and the one for say, "uniform deep blue" is NOT "deep blue". It's more of a "dark blue-gray", or how about "gun-metal gray"?

We also already have a "deep brown", and the Underworld Boss/Honorable General dyes are described as "deep brown" but those are much darker and a different hue from the established "deep brown".

You could call that new brown "Oversaturated Dark Brown", then maybe make a primary and secondary module of it too. :) (You should do that with ALL the new colors.)

That GREEN color on the "Force Trainee" is obviously not "gray", it's frickin green y'all. (or you guys need to adjust your monitors)

And quite frankly, your "Olive Green" color is waaay too bright to be called "olive", maybe "bright seafoam", or something?

No, that is more the color of the "Force Trainee/Sith Apprentice" dyes. So, just describe those as "olive green and black", or "Olive Drab" maybe?

Then say, "Military Green" for the green on the Naval Officer Dye Module.

How about describing the four completely different shades of "tan" as something else? Pick a "tan" and go with it. The other three can be called something else, like on the "Fleet Commander" dye module, that odd brownish green color could be called "bronze-olive", or "olive-bronze".

Personally I liked "sandstone" for the light brownish gray hue on the Deck Officer Dye Module. (Yes, I've researched this all months ago on the interwebz.)

Anyway, I really love that you started dong these new colors for dye modules. Really. We needed it. The older ones are a bit too "clown colors" for me. No offense. :o

Of course, these are just suggestions and if those particular devs have better ideas then by all means, let 'em rip!

(***Excuse me for not talking about Raids or PvP or Conquest, but this has been bugging me since they released them. So sue me :p )

• Replies 347
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hey folks,

I wanted to kick off a thread and add some clarity on influencers plus seek out some feedback on… feedback (the influencer topic came up here). First, the clarity. I think there became a misconception that we are in constant communication about game updates or future content with the influencers that the rest of the players aren’t receiving, this isn’t true. Since they are under NDA there are situations that they may hear info earlier or be a sounding board for ideas, but it is extremely infrequent. A lot of our communications happening with them in their forum is logistical (sharing their content, etc). Second, is the feeling that we weigh their feedback more than other players, which is also not true. The influencers are a great source of a snapshot of their community, so they can give us a feedback from a number of players at once. However, this in no way means that we weigh the feedback that comes from them differently then the feedback we receive here on the forums, on reddit, from PTS, social media, or any other sources.

I definitely hear the genuine concern though that we, BioWare, are not gathering your feedback as much as you want us to be. This is something that over the past year or so we have really made a lot of strides to improve and so the question I want to pose is how we can improve further! Let me talk about the various sources that we collect and respond to feedback, and based on that, let’s talk about how we can get better.

• PTS – This is one of the places we have put some of the largest efforts. This started in earnest with 5.9.2. Once an update goes on PTS the team has been fairly ravenous in grabbing any and all feedback we can get. This goes from bugs to general change requests. We can’t always account for all feedback and sometimes it may be at odds with design goals, but the team works to change as much as we can before we launch it. We have similarly moved away from announcing specific launch dates so that we can work with you during PTS to get the update to a good place before going live.
  • Forum posts – In some cases we either won’t have enough time on PTS to get meaningful feedback or it isn’t something that will go on PTS at all. In these instances we have been trying to make detailed forum posts to highlight exactly what you can expect, so we can gather feedback even without your ability to get hands on (think of the Guild Perks posts).
  • General feedback – This is a constant stream of feedback coming from you, the players, to us. This comes from a large number of sources but primarily here on the forums, Reddit, and social media.
  • Planned feedback sessions – These can happen in a few different forms. We used to more prominently use PTS in a closed environment under NDA, although we have moved away from it. We also will host focus testing sessions. Most commonly these are in Austin but we have hosted them all over the world. They are hand-recruited sessions under NDA, typically very early in the process.
  • Data – This isn’t feedback, but, data is very important in our feedback cycle as we will compare the information we are receiving from any sources to what we are seeing in the behavior of players.

With all of that out there… how can we improve? I know our feedback loop is by no means perfect, but being able to gather your feedback consistently for each update on PTS has helped us quite a bit in getting direct feedback from you. Share your thoughts!

Thanks all.

-eric

REMOVE the blue crystal reward from any SOLO ranked quests. Because of this crystal many new player's/rookies went to play solo ranked and ruined it. Solo ranked doesnt need any serious incentives to be played really. Remove it pls :rak_01:

My job title involves the word manager too. Im the xxxxx manager, which means I manage xxxxx. I don't have people under me to give my job to. Obviously until recently Musco didn't either, and even now, its only on certain selected topics they're willing to discuss. I would tend to assume that a community managers job was to manage the community.

I for one couldn't care less about ranked pvp (unranked pvp sure, but ranked has been a joke, and will be as long as there's no population).

At this point, I couldn't care much less about their extracurriculars either because the state of the game with regards to gear, large guild dominance in conquest, the insistence on adding buggy new content that breaks things that do work, sheer incompetence, and lack of any kind of demonstration that my loyalty is appreciated are total turn offs.

And yet, Musco hasn't managed to dump the job of managing that part of the community onto anyone else, and despite his stated goals, appears willfully incapable of accomplishing his stated goal of a 2 way discussion with the community.

Kudos to Mr. Steed because from what I have seen, he is engaged in a 2 way street on the topics he covers. Its not his fault that he doesn't cover anything i care about.

My job title involves the word manager too. Im the xxxxx manager, which means I manage xxxxx. I don't have people under me to give my job to. Obviously until recently Musco didn't either, and even now, its only on certain selected topics they're willing to discuss. I would tend to assume that a community managers job was to manage the community.

I for one couldn't care less about ranked pvp (unranked pvp sure, but ranked has been a joke, and will be as long as there's no population).

At this point, I couldn't care much less about their extracurriculars either because the state of the game with regards to gear, large guild dominance in conquest, the insistence on adding buggy new content that breaks things that do work, sheer incompetence, and lack of any kind of demonstration that my loyalty is appreciated are total turn offs.

And yet, Musco hasn't managed to dump the job of managing that part of the community onto anyone else, and despite his stated goals, appears willfully incapable of accomplishing his stated goal of a 2 way discussion with the community.

Kudos to Mr. Steed because from what I have seen, he is engaged in a 2 way street on the topics he covers. Its not his fault that he doesn't cover anything i care about.

I’m still waiting for an explanation for them changing the mods and enhancements to be slot locked.

Honestly, how hard is to find out and tell us?? Anyone would think it was a state secret and the game would fail if they told us.

With all of that out there… how can we improve? I know our feedback loop is by no means perfect, but being able to gather your feedback consistently for each update on PTS has helped us quite a bit in getting direct feedback from you. Share your thoughts!

Thanks all.

-eric

STOP BLOWING OFF YOUR PLAYERS. We've given you feedback over and over it it gets totally ignored. BW thinks they know better than the players what the players want. Remember Ben "It's exciting" Irving? We told BW over and over that 4.0's changes wouldn't go over well. We told you what we wanted, you did something else because you knew better. Well, look at your player base numbers and then tell me you really knew better. We told you we don't like what you've done to mods with 5.10, but you say it isn't changing. See a pattern here? you might give that some serious thought. Then everyone on the decision making team should resign or be fired. I don't expect ti will save this dumpster fire at this point, but it would be some justice.

We told you what we wanted, you did something else because you knew better.

Well, look at your player base numbers and then tell me you really knew better.

We told you we don't like what you've done to mods with 5.10, but you say it isn't changing. See a pattern here?

you might give that some serious thought.

These are valid points. ^

I'd hold my tongue if the changes they made that people gave blowback on proved to be good changes. You know, made the game more fun, made logical sense, etc.

The issue is some of these changes in past and present defy logic and also were found to not add fun to the game. If changes keep being made that players dislike you will keep losing players.

Hard to understand why some game design changes are clung to so adamantly when players strongly criticize these very changes to the game. It's like the game is being made for someone else, not us, the players.

I’m still waiting for an explanation for them changing the mods and enhancements to be slot locked.

Honestly, how hard is to find out and tell us?? Anyone would think it was a state secret and the game would fail if they told us.

Musco touched on this here. It may not be the depth that you want but it clearly states itemization issues.

Musco touched on this here. It may not be the depth that you want but it clearly states itemization issues.

All he really said there was that the mod and enh locking was intentional. I just assumed as much when they didn't rush to call it a bug (ninja "nerfs" are a BW staple after all).

What we want to know is their intention - not simply was it on purpose. I can only assume the reason is to make gearing a further pain and undesirable, probably because Mr. Kanneg's raid team needs to feel special.

I am no longer convinced 6.0 will see the light of day. I also think this feedback push is nothing more than the "We value your input even when we don't appear to be valuing it," nonsense that they trot out on an annual or biennial basis. I would love to be wrong. In fact, I've been known to be wrong (regularly too! ;) ) but the onus is on the SW:TOR team to prove otherwise at this point.

It seems to me that, with Anthem, BWA has officially become the MMO branch of EA. Do we know which BW studio is making DragonAge? If it's BWA, I speculate that DA will be an MMO.

The doownside is that Ben "RNG is Exciting™" Irving is still around. Anyway, it's just water cooler chat. I'm also pretty good at conspiracy theories.

Rion_Starbrah! *high-fives* :D

I hope you're right. I keep hoping that it's a real expansion and something that will knock our socks off. I hope that the more optimistic viewpoints like yours are shown to be right. This is a situation, where I'd love to be wrong, but I guess I'm old, and cynical and my carrot has been ganked from between my teeth too many times.

I guess the announcement they've been promising about the future isn't so far off now, as they said they'd tell us things during the Star Wars Celebration wasn't it? Hear's hoping. :)

Yeah SW Celebration. I think the reason I'm optimistic is that I can't imagine anything worse than 5.0. I know some folks liked 5.0, but in all the years I've played this game, that one was by far the worst of the worst.

Edited by Rion_Starkiller

But done for itemization issues does.

He never said it was done for an itemization issue, nor would that answer the question if he did. What itemnization issue would it be solving?

He said basically that it was something they meant to do, then goes off on false promises of "active conversations" about gear.

Here is the direct quote;

These are good questions, so let me try to address them.

1 - This is an intended change. That being said, we know there is definitely some friction from this change and so keep raising your concerns/feedback which I can pass to the team. We have made no secret of the fact that we know we are due for some big itemization changes to address a variety of issues around gearing. Please keep telling us what you would like to see in the future from gearing in SWTOR. We will continue to gather feedback and as we get into the next year, we will have active conversations with you about future gearing plans

He never said it was done for an itemization issue, nor would that answer the question if he did. What itemnization issue would it be solving?

He said basically that it was something they meant to do, then goes off on false promises of "active conversations" about gear.

Here is the direct quote;

[/color]

1 - This is an intended change. That being said, we know there is definitely some friction from this change and so keep raising your concerns/feedback which I can pass to the team. We have made no secret of the fact that we know we are due for some big itemization changes to address a variety of issues around gearing. Please keep telling us what you would like to see in the future from gearing in SWTOR. We will continue to gather feedback and as we get into the next year, we will have active conversations with you about future gearing plans.

This is one bullet addressing a specific question. Anything in said bullet is a direct response to the question. The pale green states that there are issues with itemization which is a reason for creating a change which causes friction. You can't piecemeal a response and count different sentences as unrelated.

This is one bullet addressing a specific question. Anything in said bullet is a direct response to the question. The pale green states that there are issues with itemization which is a reason for creating a change which causes friction. You can't piecemeal a response and count different sentences as unrelated.

That part just says they are due for itemization changes. It doesn't say what itemization changes, nor does Musco ever detail what itemization issues they are trying to address. He just says "a variety of issues". Issues like what, exactly.

Edited by KendraP

That part just says they are due for itemization changes. It doesn't say what itemization changes, nor does Musco ever detail what itemization issues they are trying to address. He just says "a variety of issues". Issues like what, exactly.

And as I said initially, it doesn't have the depth (Ie the specific issue) but is indeed a response as to why.

And as I said initially, it doesn't have the depth (Ie the specific issue) but is indeed a response as to why.

I fail to see how stating they currently have itemization issues without saying what the itemization issues are is an answer as to why they changed something.

Why did you lock mods and enhancements?

An itemization issue

What itemization issue?

Crickets

What issue did they solve?

I fail to see how stating they currently have itemization issues without saying what the itemization issues are is an answer as to why they changed something.

Why did you lock mods and enhancements?

An itemization issue

What itemization issue?

Crickets

What issue did they solve?

A better question might be, what else is changing? He said changes and locked mods is only one.

Edited by Sareeph

A better question might be, what else is changing? He said changes and locked mods is only one.

I think knowing what issues they are having would contribute to an "active discussion on gearing" IF Musco really wants such a discussion.

If we knew what issues they were trying to solve, maybe the community would have suggestions they could talk about with us, rather than ham fistedly forcing half cocked changes that seemingly a substantial portion of the player base hates.

I thus conclude that Musco does not really want an active discussion, whatever his stated intention.

Alternately, they may as well continue their tendency of ham fisted ninja changes because why ask for feedback they have no intention of acting on in the first place?

Edited by KendraP

I think knowing what issues they are having would contribute to an "active discussion on gearing" IF Musco really wants such a discussion.

If we knew what issues they were trying to solve, maybe the community would have suggestions they could talk about with us, rather than ham fistedly forcing half cocked changes that seemingly a substantial portion of the player base hates.

I thus conclude that Musco does not really want an active discussion, whatever his stated intention.

Alternately, they may as well continue their tendency of ham fisted ninja changes because why ask for feedback they have no intention of acting on in the first place?

I think that maybe they are changing things based on prior feedback. There was a big outcry about itemization a while back. Especially for tanks. Changes don't happen in a game with a snap of a finger. Such a change would require a large amount of time and resources. People in these forums seem to have short memories when topics such as these recur. As I've said in the past, be careful what you wish for. What one visualizes and what Dev's visualize are often, and sometimes quite necessarily, different.

I think that maybe they are changing things based on prior feedback. There was a big outcry about itemization a while back. Especially for tanks. Changes don't happen in a game with a snap of a finger. Such a change would require a large amount of time and resources. People in these forums seem to have short memories when topics such as these recur. As I've said in the past, be careful what you wish for. What one visualizes and what Dev's visualize are often, and sometimes quite necessarily, different.

Is it not a way to address skank tanks? Does that make sense? Wasn't the issue that tanks were using mods/enhancements/etc in a way that people were complaining about as a bad thing in PvP? It just so happens the attempted "fix" catches everyone else in the same net?

Kendra, what is the benefit to "Keith and his raid team" for this change? I don't see the angle that would benefit them unless it was a mustache-twirling move to piss off everyone not in his group? What, is he consoling them the best gear and making sure no one can be above him? Is that the idea/accusation/conspiracy?

Is it not a way to address skank tanks? Does that make sense? Wasn't the issue that tanks were using mods/enhancements/etc in a way that people were complaining about as a bad thing in PvP? It just so happens the attempted "fix" catches everyone else in the same net?

Kendra, what is the benefit to "Keith and his raid team" for this change? I don't see the angle that would benefit them unless it was a mustache-twirling move to piss off everyone not in his group? What, is he consoling them the best gear and making sure no one can be above him? Is that the idea/accusation/conspiracy?

Yes, Skanks were quite the outrage. Because of them all tanks had their damage nerfed. It changed the dynamics in PvP and PvE both, greatly.

And on tanks this change has done nothing except make the situation strictly worse.

Now you can gear either a full mitigation tank with lots of useless def rating or a high dps tank with power mods, there are no high endurance versions of warding or lethal mods, and there arent any high endurance enhancements.

So again, this decision was stupid, and what "itemization issue" did it solve?

And the tank issue was beside the point i was making. Still waiting on what exactly the issue they solved was.

And by the way, "different visions" are exactly why they should discuss things in an "active conversation".

Edited by KendraP

Feedback? Here is my Feedback:

Why Slot locked modifications with 5.10? Why??:confused:

This is a bad decision. We played 6+ years without this and it was fine. Change this please. We have enaugh grind. 3 Months now. And you dont Response to this. So much threads against this Change. So much bad Reputation for you --> Bioware. And you dont talk about this Problem. We Need to have more positive News and threads and not this bad Reputation for you and the Game.

Bugfixes: The Bug World Boss in Ossus is still Buggy. Please fix this as soon as possible. :rolleyes:

The Rakgoul Uprising is Buggy. The Achievments are Buggy. I know some People they done this Uprising in Master Mode about 2+ Hours. They finish this Uprising. But they dont got the achievment. The Support will not help. They posted Twitch Stream with the Bosskill. And still no Help.

And we have so much more Bugs in the Game.

Fix the Huttball Lags.......

Brontes Boss Fight SM/HM/NIM the fingers are still somtimes invisible. And this since 4 Years........

Please help Twinks. Make Conquest more enjoyable for Twinks. Make PVP Conquest better for Twinks. A PVP Weekly Need to be for all Twinks. You know when People Play more Twinks they Play more your Game. The enjoy more your Game. And they spend more Money in SWTOR! :rolleyes:

Playing Twinks is a big Content in this game! More than in any other MMO. And you make playing Twinks harder for your Playerbase --> Slot locked Modifications.

And we Need Content. Content for all Players.

I want to write more but......... I think you will not have interest in our Response. So much People bring good ideas and you make every 6 Months the same Fails. :(

Edited by Manjaca

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.