Maintenance: January 15th, 2019

EricMusco

Sadly, this is a issue that has been ingame since 4.0 broke all the companions due to deleting the original companion coding to make way for the KOTFE+ onward "new" companion data. In making all companions now all 3 specs (in essence there are only 12 companion templates ingame now, and basically all companions are just clones with different voices and skins (hence the companions speaking different companions voice lines bug.), it caused the coding data that made companions follow you and follow the targets for combat, to get deleted or disconnecting in the activation sequence.

So sadly, this issue is not going to be fixed as easy as the issues added with 5.10. I mean if they fix it, BOO-FREAKING-YAH!!! Been waiting for 3 freaking years for them to fix it! But since its been 3 years and they still havnt fixed it...….don't count on it being fixed.

I don't think you are quite right here. I've been playing since at least 4.0 and companions have NEVER been as bad as this for me in terms of falling behind in combat. Soon as 5.10 dropped I started having problems, and if theyd been ongoing since 4.0 I'd surely have noticed sooner. Issues like Iresso speaking in Zenith's voice has been around even longer than 4.0 tho too hasn't it? Pretty sure it has.

• Replies 109
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't think you are quite right here. I've been playing since at least 4.0 and companions have NEVER been as bad as this for me in terms of falling behind in combat. Soon as 5.10 dropped I started having problems, and if theyd been ongoing since 4.0 I'd surely have noticed sooner. Issues like Iresso speaking in Zenith's voice has been around even longer than 4.0 tho too hasn't it? Pretty sure it has.

The only companion I knew of that had voice lines issues before 4.0 was Kalyio, everyone else started after 4.0, plus all the romance bugs because of those flags getting deleted.

To be honest, the only thing I can think of is the difference between melee and ranged companions. To this day, I still never have issues with companions following me if they are melee tank, heals or dps. It is with ranged companions who heal or dps that lag behind out of range and never enter the fight or heal. And they did not used to do that, but after 4.0 they did. Maybe I just ran into the issue more often then you did? I know there are other storyline bugs that many people have run into, and I have not. Or just like the companion issues atm not being able to be summoned, I do not have any issues with my companions on my commando atm, but many other people are having companion summon issues. (he is the only one I have taken through Ossus atm)

Hey everyone!

We will be taking the servers offline on Tuesday, January 15th in order to apply Game Update 5.10b. The website will also be unavailable during this time. You will notice this is an extended maintenance because in addition to 5.10b we are also finishing up some back-end upgrades.

Details:

DATE: 15 January 2019

TIME: 4:00AM - 10:00AM PST (1200 - 1800 GMT)

VERSION: 5.10b

Patch Notes will be available on Tuesday, here. In the meantime here is an initial list of fixes:

• Granny has been found! Various decorations will now show their correct appearance instead of the text “Missing Granny”.
  • Galactic headhunters have been successful in restoring a number of male head options which were not showing up as intended.
  • Players who acquire Paxton Rall will no longer see Darth Hexid become unsummonable. Note: Players who are already in this state will be resolved in 5.10.1.
  • Corrected an issue where in rare circumstances players would score every time they picked up the Huttball.

We know there are still some key issues that have not yet been resolved following 5.10. Just a couple of examples are set bonuses not stacking properly and Companions in odd states following 5.10. These issues are scheduled to be resolved in 5.10.1 in February.

Thank you for your patience as we maintain Star Wars™: The Old Republic™!

-eric

While I am glad you are finally acknowledging and preparing to fix the decorations with the "Missing Granny" glitch, I really, really, REALLY hope you're not just fixing that glitch while ignoring the dozens of other decorations you broke with 5.10. Most of the broken decorations are completely unusable at this point. Some of the broken decorations have to be purchased from the Cartel Market for real money, so making then unusable effectively means you're stealing said real money from the players who paid for a product and now can't access it.

Also, saying that you know certain bugs are "key issues" and then stating you're waiting until NEXT MONTH AT EARLIEST to fix them? That's very much a slap in the face. How about you guys get "key issues" fixed FIRST? Those "key issues" often make the game unbearable or even flat out unplayable for your customers.

Edited by AscendingSky

1. Can't share anything (have to wait every ops member to get mission now, some just forget and don't get it)

2. Companions not fighting/healing (more dying and wasting money)

3. GSF not giving Ossus weekly progress (I don't play personally, but ppl complain)

4. Big lag Coruscant instance 1 and some others

It's been a month since 5.10 started and still no fix. And all we have some decoration and cosmetic fix?

Also numerous other bugs:

1. Incorrect companion state after autocompleting the story by going to Ossus: rep side have both malavai quinn and elara dorne recruitable, imp side has malavai quinn not recruitable, elara dorne not in list at all. I wonder how your QA tested this feature main scenario. Did they test it at all?

2. Companions duplicated (one available to summon, another reported missing as of start of KOTFE and unavailable)

1. Can't share anything (have to wait every ops member to get mission now, some just forget and don't get it)

2. Companions not fighting/healing (more dying and wasting money)

3. GSF not giving Ossus weekly progress (I don't play personally, but ppl complain)

4. Big lag Coruscant instance 1 and some others

It's been a month since 5.10 started and still no fix. And all we have some decoration and cosmetic fix?

Also numerous other bugs:

1. Incorrect companion state after autocompleting the story by going to Ossus: rep side have both malavai quinn and elara dorne recruitable, imp side has malavai quinn not recruitable, elara dorne not in list at all. I wonder how your QA tested this feature main scenario. Did they test it at all?

2. Companions duplicated (one available to summon, another reported missing as of start of KOTFE and unavailable)

All of these things please ^. I'd like to add that the guild top 10 current week conquest and previous week conquest in the guild window->general tab doesn't work at all. It's all zeroes until you open the mission log->guild invasion tab, then it fills in just the top 5 for the current week.

Not to sound negative, but the real question is - how does that pass QA? It's a new interface that was introduced that simply doesn't work at all. It's not some corner case esoteric bug like some of the others, it never worked and it's brand new.

• Dev Post
No mention of the Weekly Event: Star Fighter bug? We only get 3 crystals on a toon per week (4 if you pay the ridiculous cost on second UC purchase). Seems kind of important, any update or at least acknowledgement?

any progress on cant sharing weekly while in ops group bug?

GSF Missions not tracking properly (including the MW Crystal Mission) along with a host of Missions not sharing as intended will be addressed in 5.10.1 in February.

-eric

• Dev Post
Ok, thanks. Is there any information when ranked season 10 will end? In previous messages it was said that starting with season 10 pvp seasons will last 3-6 months. Can we expect season 10 end in February.

Correct! Season 10 will end in February. We are working on the blog with with tier breakdowns, rewards, etc. Expect it to be published in the next few weeks.

-eric

GSF Missions not tracking properly (including the MW Crystal Mission) along with a host of Missions not sharing as intended will be addressed in 5.10.1 in February.

-eric

You aren't fixing the sharing bug until February Eric?? That's a semi major issue Eric...can you give an estimate of roughly when in February you're thinking??

-eric

Just to be clear, do you mean February of 2019, or of some other year?

I really hope the GSF mission doesn't run again until it's fixed then. I enjoy flying and making people fly was apparently the worst thing you could have done. Or so was explained to me in multiple matches this past week. I laugh because I don't care for ground pvp but when that was the weekly I popped in and did it without letting everyone in my group now what terrible people they and the devs were.

On the upside waiting until after a win to tell people that the mission was bugged brightened my nights. The chat filled with despair or rage and sometimes both. ;)

With The GSF Mission not being fixed until Febuary and given that previously the Time limited Crystal missions have been 2 weeks slots without change. Is there anyway you can update it so we get a new Time limited Crystal reward mission on Tuesday that works.

Just to be clear, do you mean February of 2019, or of some other year?

:D

Eric,

Will we at least get the crystals as compensation? :(

Have you ever thought about reworking the stupid new equipment system? It would be enough to increase the 252 fall rate from the boxes and to allocate more crystals. No rocket science. Only a few numbers change. :(

Hey everyone!

We will be taking the servers offline on Tuesday, January 15th in order to apply Game Update 5.10b. The website will also be unavailable during this time. You will notice this is an extended maintenance because in addition to 5.10b we are also finishing up some back-end upgrades.

Details:

DATE: 15 January 2019

TIME: 4:00AM - 10:00AM PST (1200 - 1800 GMT)

VERSION: 5.10b

Patch Notes will be available on Tuesday, here. In the meantime here is an initial list of fixes:

• Granny has been found! Various decorations will now show their correct appearance instead of the text “Missing Granny”.
  • Galactic headhunters have been successful in restoring a number of male head options which were not showing up as intended.
  • Players who acquire Paxton Rall will no longer see Darth Hexid become unsummonable. Note: Players who are already in this state will be resolved in 5.10.1.
  • Corrected an issue where in rare circumstances players would score every time they picked up the Huttball.

We know there are still some key issues that have not yet been resolved following 5.10. Just a couple of examples are set bonuses not stacking properly and Companions in odd states following 5.10. These issues are scheduled to be resolved in 5.10.1 in February.

Thank you for your patience as we maintain Star Wars™: The Old Republic™!

-eric

How about a fix to the mission "Inflection Point" so we can summon major Anro and start ossus ? Just my 2 cents that this is not going to be fixed until February or March ...

You aren't fixing the sharing bug until February Eric?? That's a semi major issue Eric...can you give an estimate of roughly when in February you're thinking??

Want to bet the end of February and then they will push it back. Good thing I haven't been playing much lately.

-eric

This absolutely unacceptable. You tie your terrible new gearing system to the obtaining of a limited resource with a limit of 4 a week if you take every avenue to get one... and then you leave a mission bugged that accounts for 1 out of the 4 possible in a week every week it shows up? This should be a #1 priority to fix, not something you'll get around to in a month or more.

Shame on you, EA.

No sort of fix or compensation for broken GSF weekly, not only for one week. But two you're telling us here. Is just terrible, people can surely deal with it but you're only making the experience even worse for everyone trying to gear. I could be getting not only one, but two pieces of 258 on my main character if it worked this week and next.. Oh well..

-eric

so, set bonuses and weekly not prior to decorations ? :rak_02::rak_02:

2 or 3 months to fix major bug ? :rak_02:

This absolutely unacceptable. You tie your terrible new gearing system to the obtaining of a limited resource with a limit of 4 a week if you take every avenue to get one... and then you leave a mission bugged that accounts for 1 out of the 4 possible in a week every week it shows up? This should be a #1 priority to fix, not something you'll get around to in a month or more.

Shame on you, EA.

can't be more agree.

Edited by Syal

For God's sake! I have never ever replied here because I know what kind of incompetent you are and if I continue playing it's because of my friends and guildies but this is unnaceptable. Around the 90% of players have been complaining for weeks about the sharing which is bugged. Last week you gave us the GSF weekly mission (I dont like ships but I would have done it because of the DMC) and is also bugged because wins don't count and it seems that this week we'll have also the same weekly so that means that I've lost 2 DMC on my main and every alter I have.

AND instead of listening to the community and fixing these two major problems that most of the people are 'begging' you to do to make our grinding and farming easier you are fixing a problem in a ***** deco? F*** off!

Edited by ManuESP