Did you choose to be emperor of the Eternal Throne or Decline the Throne?

Nightblazer

I'm wondering which classes you ran through the Eternal Throne with and which ones did everyone pick to be emperor or which ones did you decline the throne with?

For me I only ran two classes through, my Inquisitor and my Warrior. For my Inquisitor I choose him to be emperor, as that just fit his personality of Darth Nox. He always wanted to be emperor and made several comments including one in Nar Shaddaa bonus mission of killing the emperor.

I declined the throne with my Warrior. Just didn't seem to fit him. He never wanted to rule but fight and seek the greatest challenge out there. He is a front line fighter through and through :D

I've declined the throne on all of my characters only because, given that speech at the end, the game seems to take the tack that being Emperor/Empress = being a tyrannical, bloodthirsty dictator. If there had been an option to be a benevolent ruler or even an Acina type I would have taken it, but even my characters that aren't so nice don't have an interest in becoming despots. Edited by IoNonSoEVero

So far all three of my character who've gotten to that point have taken the throne. Being some kind of galactic peacekeeper isn't really all that appealing to me. I think only one of my 8 characters who I plan to play the expansions with (I won't take the non-force users there because I don't think the story makes much sense for them) will decline the Throne.

By the way, I hope we get to repair the throne at some point. Hate to see it broken like that.

I've declined the throne on all of my characters only because, given that speech at the end, the game seems to take the tack that being Emperor/Empress = being a tyrannical, bloodthirsty dictator. If there had been an option to be a benevolent ruler or even an Acina type I would have taken it, but even my characters that aren't so nice don't have an interest in becoming despots.

Exactly the same for me. I have a couple of characters coming up who might be evil enough (one is a Sorcerer, the other a Juggernaut), but that's it.

Edited by sauceemynx

Sith Inquisitor, mostly LS because i love the LS title: Emperor, always. The entire class story is all about power, so declining it just doesn't fit. You want to be a benevolent tyrant like Valkorion on Zakuul? Then choose to negotiate with the rebels during the start of the Iokath / traitor storyline instead of putting them to the sword.

Jedi classes: Peacekeeper, always.

Sith warrior: Peacekeeper by accident but i can live with that choice. He never had any interest in politics or ruling and after all the betrayals during his careeer he realy hates the empire (saboteur was disappointing though...)

Smuggler: Peacekeeper, and even that is headcanoned as beeing the new galactic entrepreneur :cool:

Trooper and Agent: I just cant get myself to finish even the class stories, they bore me to hell. I heard everywhere that the agent has the best storyline, but after act 2 i just gave up. Immersion factor 0,0. I am just not feeling any connection with this character, it is an empty shell. And i tried it often. Same goes for the trooper, just meh...:(

I've declined the throne on all of my characters only because, given that speech at the end, the game seems to take the tack that being Emperor/Empress = being a tyrannical, bloodthirsty dictator. If there had been an option to be a benevolent ruler or even an Acina type I would have taken it, but even my characters that aren't so nice don't have an interest in becoming despots.

Pretty much the same for me.

Only my "dumb DS SW testing dummy who takes every DS choice just to see how it goes" took the Throne and became Emperor.

If there was a choice to be a benevolent ruler, then i may have taken that option but as the choice is either being a pacekeeper or a tyrant, then the tyrant thing is not for me.

With Head-canon in play as well to your characters just so it fits your own rp purposes?

My LS SW is a heretic of darkness and proud of it too. He chose to refuse the throne because he never wanted that kind of power, all he ever wanted is to be useful to people and using the resources he has to do as much good as possible without too much notice. He wanted an alliance of good people working towards a common goal without the Empire or Republic getting in the way so he can continue to help people in need.

MY LS Sm never liked the idea of leading anything more than half a dozen mitfits onboard a small freighter, getting paid for hauling cargo around and getting into adventures. None-the-less, he has been put into a position he has no control over and with all that said, its just about avoiding the flak along the way. He chose to refuse the throne because it is not who he is, not when there is a better alternative to work with.

MY DS SI is highly arrogant and he knows it, and anything that crosses his path has always regretted it. He believes his power is incredible especially after defeating the emperor and his children, but he is also no fool, he knows there are always challenges ahead which is always a delightful possibility. He chose to become Emperor because the power he holds he might as well make the most use of while he can.. and if he can show the galaxy he can take the role head on, it is a warning to his fellow Sith if he ever returns, he can rule just as easily.

My DS IA hates force users and wants them all exterminated, Lana included (and its all thanks to Darth Jadus). Being emperor is just a means to an end for him, he can keep his seriously scary reputation and character going so eventually he can gain enough strength to launch a through cleansing of the galaxy of every force user in existence. After that he don't care about being emperor.

My DS JK chose the throne because he wants to be emperor of the galaxy one day. it isn't nearly enough to simply find and deal with elements within the various empires, he wants to overrun them for his own benefit. He wants to rule with an Iron fist. Any rebellions that rise will be bombed out of existence, any traitors in the ranks will be shot down by firing squads, all of it is regardless of how many innocent people are caught up in someone elses problem. if a planet starts rioting, the entire planet will be be bombed out of existence. He has no qualms about what he does, all of which is to spite the Jedi for training a monster and refusing that monster as a Master.

My latest DS SI is cunning, manipulative and learns things a little too well, even Zash and Thanaton have praised their former underling for how quickly he caught on to being a very successful Sith. Everything he does is for his own ends and isn't afraid of sparing people in what would be considered an act of kindness, but in reality it is a display of power that he can gain worshippers by being better than the other same petty tyrants around him.

When he will reach the throne he will take the seat and rule, but it won't be to an iron fist, but rather to make sure the people are loyal to him while he can go about doing all the bad things a Sith revels in.

i got a number of others that followed through that have either accepted or refused the throne.

It is a pity there aren't three options there:

* Fist of steel, gauntlet of cortosis (effectively the current Emperor choice)

* Fist of steel, glove of velvet (missing option)

* Outstretched hand of peace (current peacemaker option

The second is missing: a way to use the Eternal Fleet and other Alliance strength to beat the galaxy into peace. "You will make peace or I will send the Fleet to beat on you until you do."

The second is missing: a way to use the Eternal Fleet and other Alliance strength to beat the galaxy into peace. "You will make peace or I will send the Fleet to beat on you until you do."

That would have been a good neutral choice. I've gone empress on my DS Agent [it suits her] and Peacekeeper on my LS SW [it suits him], and I'm considering doing Emperor on my LS JC, on the basis of this second option, but it sounds like a lot of headcanoning.

My Jedi knight didn’t take it, but my sith inquisitor did, because he and Ashara had talked about building a new reborn empire. But I wasn’t a fan of the speech if you pick it. Ultimately my character regrets the decision but thats part of the fun developinng a character. Don’t think I will pick it with any other of my characters though. I only went for it for inquisitor cuz it felt like the one that made the most sense, to go from dark council to emperor sort of thing.

This decision has been the largest point of frustration for me in the entire KOTFE/KOTET storyline!

My Light-side Sith didn't sit on the Throne because she didn't want to be tied down to Zakuul.

Later, she's treated like a hero for allowing Zakuul to build a democracy.

My Light-side Jedi sat, because the Zakuulan people clearly weren't ready to launch their own democracy.

They had spent their entire lives living like Logan's Run -- with ignorance, ease, and plenty.

People like that have no idea how to run a government and no appreciation for the importance of voting.

My Jedi figured she would bring stability and educate the masses on the concept of personal responsibility.

After that, she would happily allow them to elect their own leaders and hand the government over to them.

Seriously, a bunch of insulated, sheltered citizens couldn't even give you a list of different types of government, let alone debate their pro's and con's and choose one for their entire planet.

Yet my Jedi, despite being Light 5, gets treated like a tyrant. It's terrible!

Edited by Xina_LA

My DS IA hates force users and wants them all exterminated, Lana included (and its all thanks to Darth Jadus). Being emperor is just a means to an end for him, he can keep his seriously scary reputation and character going so eventually he can gain enough strength to launch a through cleansing of the galaxy of every force user in existence. After that he don't care about being emperor.

This is actually an interesting prospect to explore, a very influential non-force sensitive using that power to purge force sensitives.

Agreed. The 2nd option would've been better to have it for a neutral character.

• 2 years later...

I'm planning on having my Jedi Knight sit the throne. She's a Dark Side 1, but tethering DS 2. It's a backwards approach cause my Jedi Guardian is not the Jedi the Order wanted her to be. She has committed so many war crimes, gotten civilians killed and now she had her eyes on the Eternal Throne.

She's gotten exhausted with the Republic, believes if she were in power, she can make a difference. Yeah, my JK Guardian has some homicidal tendencies. She wasn't even made a Jedi Master after killing the Emperor in Class Chapter 3. It is lucky she was made a Battle Master after SOR. Now she wants revenge on Arcaan for taking 5yrs of her life and take the throne as a bonus. Besides, she has knelt the knee to Valkorion and accepted his power 4 times.

My Knight is really messed up. Lol. So yeah, I'm planning to have my Knight accept the throne.

Edited by MMPRPink

I have 10 different characters ( 8 character classes and the other 2 are the second JK and second SI ) and I think - for now - that only my DS Sith Assassin will take the throne.

I am still new to the game, still have a long way to go before this decision, but for now I only see this character as someone that takes the throne to be Emperor.

I have 10 different characters ( 8 character classes and the other 2 are the second JK and second SI ) and I think - for now - that only my DS Sith Assassin will take the throne.

I am still new to the game, still have a long way to go before this decision, but for now I only see this character as someone that takes the throne to be Emperor.

I have only two at the moment, my Jedi Knight Guardian as I mentioned and the other is a female Bounty Hunter Mercenary discipline. It's too early to say with my BH merc, but I definitely see Violcrik (my Jedi Knight) wanting the throne. She has seen first hand how useless the Republic Senate and she hated Supreme Chancellor Saresh. Violcrik was never a diplomat, she's a woman of action and will take no prisoners. All her companions have seen her ruthless side.

Violcrik readily took the remote detonator and blew up most of Zakuul's city block and taking civilians with it. There was no sympathy from her or remorse. She callously executed her enemies. She wants power, she never feels she's powerful enough to save those she cares about, so she craves it. She also carried the belief Grand Master Satele Shan held her back and did try to kill her on Odesson.

The Eternal Throne will be the trophy she desired and go about making real change, all the while crushing anyone who opposes her. Violcrik won't hesitate to stab you in the back. That only scratches the back of her crimes.

My character has gone from being a hero, to becoming an antihero and gradually getting close to becoming the villain.

As a quote goes: "You either die a hero, or live long enough to see yourself become the villain."

Edited by MMPRPink

I have only two at the moment, my Jedi Knight Guardian as I mentioned and the other is a female Bounty Hunter Mercenary discipline. It's too early to say with my BH merc, but I definitely see Violcrik (my Jedi Knight) wanting the throne. She has seen first hand how useless the Republic Senate and she hated Supreme Chancellor Saresh. Violcrik was never a diplomat, she's a woman of action and will take no prisoners. All her companions have seen her ruthless side.

Violcrik readily took the remote detonator and blew up most of Zakuul's city block and taking civilians with it. There was no sympathy from her or remorse. She callously executed her enemies. She wants power, she never feels she's powerful enough to save those she cares about, so she craves it. She also carried the belief Grand Master Satele Shan held her back and did try to kill her on Odesson.

The Eternal Throne will be the trophy she desired and go about making real change, all the while crushing anyone who opposes her. Violcrik won't hesitate to stab you in the back. That only scratches the back of her crimes.

My character has gone from being a hero, to becoming an antihero and gradually getting close to becoming the villain.

As a quote goes: "You either die a hero, or live long enough to see yourself become the villain."

my god that is SO cool 🤣 it would be so interesting to see it, because I don't think I will ever have the courage to go on this kind of journey with my Jedi. it has been easier for me having LS Siths than DS Jedis.

my god that is SO cool 🤣 it would be so interesting to see it, because I don't think I will ever have the courage to go on this kind of journey with my Jedi. it has been easier for me having LS Siths than DS Jedis.

Ha ha, thank you. It was an interesting journey for my character so far. I've began making a backstory before she arrived on Tython in 3643 BBY. With a friend, they suggested to have Violcrik a survivor of the Sacking of Coruscant, age was only 10 during the assault with which pretty much traumatised her for the next decade. She survived in lower levels of Coruscant until Satele found her after she tried to steal her lightsabre to sell. The test is history and to justify her anger and hated at the Imperials and Sith. She wanted to eradicate them all.

Come the Eternal Empire, after she was separated from her crew for 5yrs, Violcrik swears revenge on Arcaan. She will gladly use Valkorion's power to do so. She's taking Kira's point about Jedi in political power quite literally now that she is after the throne. Violcrik already had one of her defect after bombing Zakuul. Violcrik will go to the extreme and is willing to do so.

Deep down, she's traumatised. She thought she made peace after killing Malgus over Ilum, but it didn't. My character is a trash fire Jedi 😂

Depends on my orientation. So far, my LS have turned over power and my DS have made themselves emperor. It might be interesting to switch that up and make a LS emperor or a DS who gives up power. For that matter, it might be interesting to see a LS Jedi join the empire or a DS Sith join the Republic.

Sith Inquisitor, mostly LS because i love the LS title: Emperor, always. The entire class story is all about power, so declining it just doesn't fit. You want to be a benevolent tyrant like Valkorion on Zakuul? Then choose to negotiate with the rebels during the start of the Iokath / traitor storyline instead of putting them to the sword.

Jedi classes: Peacekeeper, always.

Sith warrior: Peacekeeper by accident but i can live with that choice. He never had any interest in politics or ruling and after all the betrayals during his careeer he realy hates the empire (saboteur was disappointing though...)

Smuggler: Peacekeeper, and even that is headcanoned as beeing the new galactic entrepreneur :cool:

Trooper and Agent: I just cant get myself to finish even the class stories, they bore me to hell. I heard everywhere that the agent has the best storyline, but after act 2 i just gave up. Immersion factor 0,0. I am just not feeling any connection with this character, it is an empty shell. And i tried it often. Same goes for the trooper, just meh...:(

lol yeah. I don't know how people praise the Agent's story. I have done it ONCE. but i have done the Inquisitor story SEVERAL time and the Sith Warrior Story. I've also done the Jedi Knight Story too. The Jedi Counselor isn't boring if you kinda role-play it as a Grey Jedi Shadow. If you play the typical healer Jedi, it';s a snooze fest, and besides choosing to keep all those masters alive after they tried to kill you so many time is not good for business, and the Republic soldiers will love you. Although if you Save Syo it fits either light or dark, for some odd reason.

As for choosing to be Emperor. There is no other choice for the Inquisitor ( Imperious is not real). The Inquisitor was definitely Darth Occlus. Nox would have been killed by the Dark Council. Occlus is far more cunning and was definitely a Sorcerer ( I'm thinking Madness).