Who is NR-02 working for? SPOILERS FOR POTENTIAL ANSWERS IF ONE DIDN'T PLAY 5.10

Socialbob

I am not sure if this was established, but NR-02's masters is yet to be found, so I've put possible people behind this.

1. Darth Xarion- With him operating as the Head of Imperial Intelligence and Diplomacy, he could've been in overseeing NR-02 negotiation with the Commander. The Droid not telling him who his master is could just be classified info.

2. Darth Jadus- The EX Head of Imperial Intelligence could have done it to, but less likely. But it could be a way for him to return to this renewed war.

3. Darth Anathel- We have no idea what the Sphere of Mysteries does, maybe it could be one of their jobs?

4. Darth Malgus- NR-02 has ties to Grand Moff Kilran during the Cold War, Kilran has ties with Darth Malgus. So there is a connection between the two.

My theory is the former Minister of Intelligence from the Agent storyline. As a former overseer of Imperial Intelligence, he would be a good opposite to the Republic's contact from the SIS, Jonas Balkar.

It makes sense why he might send the droid, given that he was forced to resign from Imperial service (as Agents learn in their class epilogue on Rishi). He can't help the Empire directly, so he works through NR-02, and by extension, through the Alliance. While the Minister may have had some serious reservations in working for the old Empire again, he might still be interested in offering aid as an anonymous freelancer, so to avoid any more Imperial entanglements.

These are just some ideas. I really do hope we get to see the Minister again. I also might have suspected Watcher 2 / Keeper / Shara to be the one pulling NR's strings, but she could potentially be dead, so it seems unlikely.

Edited by Kataret

My theory is the former Minister of Intelligence from the Agent storyline. As a former overseer of Imperial Intelligence, he would be a good opposite to the Republic's contact from the SIS, Jonas Balkar.

It makes sense why he might send the droid, given that he was forced to resign from Imperial service (as Agents learn in their class epilogue on Rishi). He can't help the Empire directly, so he works through NR-02, and by extension, through the Alliance. While the Minister may have had some serious reservations in working for the old Empire again, he might still be interested in offering aid as an anonymous freelancer, so to avoid any more Imperial entanglements.

These are just some ideas. I really do hope we get to see the Minister again. I also might have suspected Watcher 2 / Keeper / Shara to be the one pulling NR's strings, but she could potentially be dead, so it seems unlikely.

I love Keeper and would welcome seeing him again (M.of Intelligence) but I doubt he'd come out of retirement, it seemed he had a time of it to extricate himself without being executed. NR-02 is a nasty psychopathic droid so I could easily seeing him matched up with an equally psychotic master...probably through Malgus, or maybe one of the newer Sith that were name-dropped. Sadly I don't see Jadus in our future anytime soon. He would've been a much cooler villain in all of this rather than Zombie Poster Boy.

Edited by Lunafox

My guess is also the Dark Council member in charge of Intelligence now, or Moff Pyron.

I don't think it's Malgus because the droid knows you're on Ossus and is giving you projects, but Malgus says he didn't know you were a part of the operation. Also don't think it's Jadus because whoever it is is working with the Empire as a whole (and Acina and Vowrawn's approach seems to be very different from that of Jadus).

I love Keeper and would welcome seeing him again (M.of Intelligence) but I doubt he'd come out of retirement, it seemed he had a time of it to extricate himself without being executed. NR-02 is a nasty psychopathic droid so I could easily seeing him matched up with an equally psychotic master...probably through Malgus, or maybe one of the newer Sith that were name-dropped. Sadly I don't see Jadus in our future anytime soon. He would've been a much cooler villain in all of this rather than Zombie Poster Boy.

i think we'll see watcher two again assuming you stayed loyal to empire in the ia storyline

i think we'll see watcher two again assuming you stayed loyal to empire in the ia storyline

I don't know. Maybe. I had the impression she was pretty messed up and had a hard time coping with things. I don't know how easy that will be to come back from in terms of Intelligence work, but it would be nice to have her return in some capacity.

• 2 weeks later...

My money's on the Minister of Intelligence. The former Keeper.

More like I want it to be him, rather than him being the most logical option.

As much as I'd like to see Jadus again, I don't think he's behind this. Though now is the time for him to reappear.

The Empire is fragile, he can shape it to his vision ... and he offers strong leadership. I like Acina, and to a lesser extent Vowrawn, but I don't give them a single chance against Jadus.

No I don't actually think the owner has been listed in this topic yet. The new head of Intelligence seems to obvious.

And NR-02 has a special personality. Kilran was his former master.

I'd think he'd stick with people the likes of Kilran.

In the cutscene with Lana immediately preceding your conversation with either Jonas Balkar or NR-02, when you decide on Odessen which side you are going to support, Lana replies to your decision that she's going to reach out to her contacts in whatever such-and-such. The very next mission is to speak with Balkar or NR-02, depending on your loyalties. That would imply, to me, that NR-02 reports to the Dark Council member in charge of intelligence, just like Balkar reports to SIS. I don't think its Moff Pyron, because the missions NR-02 sends you on are separate from his request … just like the things you do for Balkar are separate from the request from Gen. Daeruun. It's probably not Malgus directly, since Darth Malora implies Acina/Vowrawn aren't the only ones pulling Malgus' strings. Acina and Vowrawn specifically applaud, or deride, your handling of the Ossus colony farming data. The manipulation of the farming data is mentioned as pleasing Balkar or NR-02, depending on your loyalties, so that would also seem to imply that NR-02 is reporting directly to the Dark Council … possibly even the Emperor/Empress themselves.

I suspect it will be left vague so it can be whoever you want it to be or feel fits.

Depending on choices made (mostly by the agent) certain suggestions fit better than others for different play throughs. While at the same time some new Darth or new Minister is almost anticlimactic as you move from an established NPC (i.e. NR-02) to just some random name who you will possibly meet once and then be forgotten.

So my bet would be some vague shadowy figure you will never meet and is as much of a mystery to the writers as they are to us.

NR-02 is working on an official capacity for the empire as its voice to the alliance, but not important enough to be worth much to the empire by sending a droid instead of a higher ranking member of the imperial side to speak with the Alliance commander. It suggests someone important, high enough up the ranks that the droid has their ear and can report on the substance of what happened on Ossus.

It implies NR-02's master has plenty of ability, not strictly sith, but anyone high enough up the food chain in the imperials or sith heirarchy. This would rule out Jadus and Keeper entirely.

Jadus at last check was on the run from the imperials and his actions were one of a traitor anyway, besides that? the other sith wouldn't except him back and the current seats on the council are filled. No way Jadus with his plans would sit around playing second fiddle to a lesser sith in his eyes.

Keeper has no remaining ties to the empire, his time as minister was a disaster and his replacement was easily subverted by other spies let alone the security breaches from Cipher Nine and Hunter, both of which were by his own failings. The Imperials wouldn't be able to trust a man like that who screwed up again and again. If he didn't know how to hide so well he probably would of been executed for incompetence. He couldn't of sent NR-02 no matter what.

The mail from NR-02 says: "Your actions on Ossus have cemented my superiors' view.." etc. Unless the use of the plural is a typo, NR-02 has more than one individual as a master.

Superiors could be the same as a private reporting to his lieutenant and captain, they are his superiors. it doesn't mean that he could have more than one master.

Edited by Celise

NR-02 doesn't have to work for an imperial higher-up.

After all ... it's only implied that he works for the Empire. We have no proof of that though since ... you know ... his employers wish to stay anonymous.

Could be an Imperial sympathizer. Or someone with a stake in this. Hell why not even Jonas Balkar playing double/triple agent. It isn't above the SIS usual pay grade.