Why is there no option to amicably part ways with Lana?

Nefla

No, I haven't skipped cutscenes just because I hate her, she does act rudely and disrespectfully. If you shut down the reactor on Zakuul she says "Enough I'm taking you with me whether you like it or not" like PC is throwing a tantrum at Wal-Mart! Then after she sends PC to chat with Valkorian she berates you when you return, then if you don't want to get into it she says "That doesn't mean you don't have to tell" as if PC blew her curfew! :mad:

Do I believe she's a Sith? She believes she is and I wouldn't trust her EVER. Jadus isn't even the scariest Sith in-game so that isn't an endorsement. She is Imperial to the core but she's a power groupie!

You are the alliance commander and you've been gone for hours. Her response is exasperated, but whatever. I picked Jadus because, if you recall from the Agent version of KOTFE chapter 2, Valkorion actually labels Jadus as his best Sith. Beyond that, clearly we'll just have to agree to disagree. I don't think I watched the same cutscenes as you.

• Replies 363
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

But neither Lana nor Theron really had much interaction in 5.10 at all. Yes, there was that walk in the woods (and in hindsight, flipping that with the military hangar would have been nice. Have the proposal in the woods; have the business talk in the hangar), but after the PC went out on the mission they interacted with all sorts of characters who were not Lana or Theron. Anri, Tau, Gnost-Dural, the stupid Imperial droid (I don't remember his name and can't be bothered finding it), Jonas, The Surprise Guest, Mallora, the returning companions, etc. Lana and Theron aren't even in touch by comlink.

I really think the romantic sunset walk in the woods would've been much better used for the proposal and a more neutral setting like the hangar would've been much better for the last faction choice at the begining of Ossus.

While Theron not going on Ossus Imp side quite makes sense, the excuse for him not coming Pub side is quite lame. I don't really know about Lana, but her not coming Pub side quite makes sense as well, as she's a Sith and would not necessary be welcomed in a Jedi colony, i don't remember what's the excuse Imp side for her not coming though, but i guess it's not much better than Theron's Pub side.

I was actually kinda pissed at Jonas for flirting with my JK. I mean he's friend with Theron you'd think he'd know that they're together and would not do that, and there's not even an option to tell him that the flirting is unecessary and unwanted, by simply telling him that she's not free and not having to be rude.

Tau and Anri were quite enjoyable and it was nice finally meeting Gnost-Dural.

The surprise guest and Malora, not that much though.

So I'm honestly confused by the "we want to talk to other companions" with 5.10. You did. You talked to a lot of other people. There wasn't even an Alliance debrief at the end of Ossus. There were letters from lots of other companions. Lana wasn't the forced companion on either side for Ossus.

If by "other companions" people meant their LI or the class companions, well, we already know dead for one = dead for all, and BW seems determined to die on that hill. Advocating for dead for one = dead for one would seem to be more constructive, but people aren't really doing that.

Can't speak for other people, but when i say i'd like to interact with some other companions, i mean the actual companions, no matter if they're my toon's LI or just the other ones (all of the vanilla / KOTFEET ones).

Even seeing them in the background doing some work and not talking would already feel more lively, and not feel like the Alliance is now just Lana and my character (while i'd really have loved to get a bit more with Theron it was already better than any other companion who got nothing), the letters were pretty sad actually as most of them were from companion more or less leaving, i was sad to get one from T7 on an Imp saboteur, but i was sad getting one from Talos on my JK :(

I do think it's silly for Lana to be the contact for the Republic, and I do think that the PC should have had a choice of whether to tell Lana or Theron they are undercover, if they chose that option. The PC could perhaps have had a choice to talk to either the Imperial droid or Jonas and declare their true loyalties that way. The droid/Jonas could have asked them, "Do you want me to inform your advisor(s)?" if the PC was a saboteur, and if you said yes, you could have chosen [tell Lana] [Tell Theron] [Tell both].

This would probably have been better actually, because clearly Lana contacting Jonas over Theron was not the best choice.

If they didn't want to directly include Theron in that scene, they should at least have had Lana tell "I'll ask Theron to contact the SIS" if he's still alive and part of the Alliance, and maybe use Lana by default , ONLY if Theron is not part of the Alliance anymore, at least the dialogue would've made more sense and not feel like there was only Lana left on the Alliance at that point.

And in case you're playing saboteur a choice not to tell anyone would've been better too. I don't think my IA playing saboteur would've told Lana actually, to her she's just a co-worker / subordinate, she'd not trust her that much because she has no real trust nor real sympathy for Sith after what they did to her in her class story.

My JK would obviously have had both Lana and Theron in the decision cutscene if the choice was given, because the first one is a friend she trusts while the second one is her lover, and she'd clearly not keep him in the dark about that especially after the traitor arc, so that is a decision she'd share with both of them, and not with Lana alone.

Haven't played with my other characters yet, but of all of them my JK is the only one who trully considers Lana as her friend, the other ones only have a working relationship with her, and she's a LI for none of them.

And sadly the fact that the SIS tried to contact my Imp saboteurs and she hid it from them doesn't play really well with them to fully trust her now...

While Theron not going on Ossus Imp side quite makes sense, the excuse for him not coming Pub side is quite lame. I don't really know about Lana, but her not coming Pub side quite makes sense as well, as she's a Sith and would not necessary be welcomed in a Jedi colony, i don't remember what's the excuse Imp side for her not coming though, but i guess it's not much better than Theron's Pub side.

The excuse they gave for Lana not coming with the PC was just as stupid. She says that she'd love to come along, but she's not popular with other Sith and doesn't want to risk it. It makes no sense. Darth Mortis does say he wants to hurt her in Nathema because he considers her a traitor, but that's one person, and a lot of the Sith are always at each other's throats. Although I don't get why she would have been considered a traitor unless Mortis was still angry about Darth Arkous, or if the Commander sided Republic on Iokath. She's already worked on Iokath with a lot of Sith, she went to Dromund Kaas during KOTET, and she's also a Sith who was powerful enough to not get killed instantly by Vaylin, rip huge pieces of metal off the ceiling with the power of her mind to stop Arcann *and* take out multiple Knights of Zakuul with a sweep of her hands, so I don't get why she would feel so threatened. Very flimsy excuse, if you ask me.

Can't speak for other people, but when i say i'd like to interact with some other companions, i mean the actual companions, no matter if they're my toon's LI or just the other ones (all of the vanilla / KOTFEET ones).

Even seeing them in the background doing some work and not talking would already feel more lively, and not feel like the Alliance is now just Lana and my character (while i'd really have loved to get a bit more with Theron it was already better than any other companion who got nothing), the letters were pretty sad actually as most of them were from companion more or less leaving, i was sad to get one from T7 on an Imp saboteur, but i was sad getting one from Talos on my JK :(

Understood, but the way some people are going on about 5.10, they act as though Lana was the only character they saw or talked to. Lana's got roughly 90 seconds of screen time for that walk in the woods, she has two or three sentences in the Alliance headquarters, and then you never see or hear from her again for the remainder of the story. Roughly two minutes in perhaps 35 minutes of cut scene content.

I think everyone would have been happy to see or hear from other companions, but again, I feel like it's disingenuous for people to act like Lana was shoved in their face for all of 5.10. She was barely there, and the devs brought in a ton of new people to talk to. It's just not the new/different people that some players want to hear from.

I was sad about the letters too, but even there, we did hear from companions that were not Lana. It would have been nice if they'd bothered to throw some letters from LIs into the mix, but they seem to have already decided they are not going to be giving content to bricked characters.

As for the contacts, it probably would have made more sense for Beywan Aygo to be the Republic contact if Theron was out of the picture, since he's still alive for all, but they seem to be cutting a lot of corners.

Edited by IoNonSoEVero

And sadly the fact that the SIS tried to contact my Imp saboteurs and she hid it from them doesn't play really well with them to fully trust her now...

Even worse, my loyalist trooper she was able to ask Jonas why he didn't contact her before and Jonas tells that he has tried to multiple times but Lana has blocked his messages. Jonas is not just Therons friend but also troopers old friend! Why would Lana prevent him to message her? And heck why in anyway she would block any messages coming to player character if PC really is commander and now her pawn?

To help people who don't understand why some players don't see Lana as a good and friendly character: remember that same things that can be considered as act of friendship and love are actually harrashment if the receiving person is not interested. Same things that you feel as sweet acts of showing affection look very different from the point of view when you don't like the character. And when you don't like said character and she keeps following you around, monitoring everything you do, giving you orders you most of the time cant refuse, lurks in your room at night and blocks messages from your friends keeping them away from you... that is not friendship or comradery. And during Therons "traitor" ark she does not give even small thought or trust that Theron might be going uncover but she is right away ready to kill him. Even when you show faith in Theron she is trying to convince you he is bad. It feels like a typical case of abusive person who is trying to cut all your close relationships off so she is the only one left.

I am not saying this is how Lana is and I don't want to hurt feelings of anyone who finds her dear. I just want to shed a light how she feels to someone who is not really keen to hang with her so much. And that's why I wish that my characters could deal with someone else for change, so they could get out of this stalker prison, reunite with their real friends, make their own choices and continue to live independent life.

If Lana was honestly hiding Republic messages they're probably setting the framework for her to leave Republic characters in 6.0. They're doing the same to set the stage for Theron on the other side; he sends letters bragging about how he killed Sith. He's also unhappy if the PC kills Gnost-Dural and implies that the Surprise Guest ordered them around. Bit awful really, but it seems like they're setting the table for one or the other to break with the Commander.

If Lana was honestly hiding Republic messages they're probably setting the framework for her to leave Republic characters in 6.0. They're doing the same to set the stage for Theron on the other side; he sends letters bragging about how he killed Sith. He's also unhappy if the PC kills Gnost-Dural and implies that the Surprise Guest ordered them around. Bit awful really, but it seems like they're setting the table for one or the other to break with the Commander.

That would be really cool if they would do that! For me it would even make the earlier story feel much better and Lanas actions more tolerable (cause they would actually make sense).

That would be really cool if they would do that! For me it would even make the earlier story feel much better and Lanas actions more tolerable (cause they would actually make sense).

I don't think it's cool at all if they're setting something up where the PC is going to lose one or the other, myself. But I do think they're already setting flags for that with both and that it will be cumulative the way it was with Koth. In Lana's case I think she will hold it against the PC if they let Theron die, and in Theron's case I think that killing Gnost-Dural is going to be a strike against the PC.

Edited by IoNonSoEVero

The excuse they gave for Lana not coming with the PC was just as stupid. She says that she'd love to come along, but she's not popular with other Sith and doesn't want to risk it. It makes no sense. Darth Mortis does say he wants to hurt her in Nathema because he considers her a traitor, but that's one person, and a lot of the Sith are always at each other's throats. Although I don't get why she would have been considered a traitor unless Mortis was still angry about Darth Arkous, or if the Commander sided Republic on Iokath. She's already worked on Iokath with a lot of Sith, she went to Dromund Kaas during KOTET, and she's also a Sith who was powerful enough to not get killed instantly by Vaylin, rip huge pieces of metal off the ceiling with the power of her mind to stop Arcann *and* take out multiple Knights of Zakuul with a sweep of her hands, so I don't get why she would feel so threatened. Very flimsy excuse, if you ask me.

Yeah that seems pretty lame too :(

I think everyone would have been happy to see or hear from other companions, but again, I feel like it's disingenuous for people to act like Lana was shoved in their face for all of 5.10. She was barely there, and the devs brought in a ton of new people to talk to. It's just not the new/different people that some players want to hear from.

I was sad about the letters too, but even there, we did hear from companions that were not Lana. It would have been nice if they'd bothered to throw some letters from LIs into the mix, but they seem to have already decided they are not going to be giving content to bricked characters.

Sad thing is that among all these sad letters, they did not even give a short mal from our LI telling that they were there for our characters, not even Lana and Theron got romance mails

As for the contacts, it probably would have made more sense for Beywan Aygo to be the Republic contact if Theron was out of the picture, since he's still alive for all, but they seem to be cutting a lot of corners.

Bey'wan could make sense, though i don't know if he actually has contact within the SIS.

Even worse, my loyalist trooper she was able to ask Jonas why he didn't contact her before and Jonas tells that he has tried to multiple times but Lana has blocked his messages. Jonas is not just Therons friend but also troopers old friend! Why would Lana prevent him to message her? And heck why in anyway she would block any messages coming to player character if PC really is commander and now her pawn?

Yeah that's really bad too.

It's also really bad from a double agent IA who worked for the SIS for several years. If Lana is blocking the messages it would imply that she's either trying to avoid the Commander to get back in touch with the SIS or, which is more likely, that said IA never told her they were working for the SIS, which means they don't trust her enough to share this information, so why would they suddenly tell her, and only her that they would sabotage the Empire ? It doesn't make sense...

Hm, while i admit i'd like to see her less, or rather see someone else when someone esle makes more sense than her, i'd not be happy with her actually becoming a traitor to my characters, as it'd mean that i'd have to fight her and maybe forced to kill her :(

Oh, i'd like to see that mail from Theron, as i only played Imp side with a LS saboteur IA, i didn't kill Gnost-Dural so i got another mail thanking me for saving his friend's life.

You think the Zakuul line is a tantrum?

That is most certainly not what I said. :rolleyes: I said my PC's resent being scolded like they are throwing a tantrum in the middle of WalMart. And no, I don't agree that it was bad writing I believe it is a bad character, just like I believe Skadge and Broomark are worthless bad characters. And she doesn't care about PC as a person on Zakkul at that point, because her first letter she tells you that and then promises to do better, only she doesn't to my PC's therefore I hope she goes!

Hm, while i admit i'd like to see her less, or rather see someone else when someone esle makes more sense than her, i'd not be happy with her actually becoming a traitor to my characters, as it'd mean that i'd have to fight her and maybe forced to kill her :(

Oh, i'd like to see that mail from Theron, as i only played Imp side with a LS saboteur IA, i didn't kill Gnost-Dural so i got another mail thanking me for saving his friend's life.

From what Charles Boyd said on Twitter I get the feeling that it's not so much that she's going to go traitor as it is that she's just going to walk away. He mentioned something about her possibly being upset if the Commander commits war crimes against Imperial citizens. IMHO it's not a stretch to see either her or Theron being horrified by repeated mass attacks on civilians from their factions and walk out of the Alliance or stop supporting the Commander for that. Even though Lana has her issues with the Sith, I also can't see her being cool about it if the PC jumps back on the Jedi Order's old "let's exterminate all the Sith!" party line.

I also hope it won't be a situation where the PC ends up fighting or killing her, although given how much some people keep whining and screaming for that, I do worry that the devs will finally give in, as they have with other characters.

I was able to find the mail from Theron. He's all, "let me tell you about the time I killed a Sith!" https://66.media.tumblr.com/cf823ee59f06df20b82eb9541b0ebc2e/tumblr_pjskgxbVLZ1tk612eo2_250.png

Also, on both of the emails to Imperial PCs he calls Malgus a freak, so he seems to be assuming that the PC is on board with knocking him. If you kill Gnost-Dural, as mentioned he assumes that Malgus made you do it. There's no way for the PC to say "actually..."

It's also really bad from a double agent IA who worked for the SIS for several years. If Lana is blocking the messages it would imply that she's either trying to avoid the Commander to get back in touch with the SIS or, which is more likely, that said IA never told her they were working for the SIS, which means they don't trust her enough to share this information, so why would they suddenly tell her, and only her that they would sabotage the Empire ? It doesn't make sense...

I haven't been through Nathema with a double agent, because my characters never support the Republic, but doesn't Shara Jenn show up for a double agent IA? Lana's standing right there when Shara chews out the IA for going to the SIS, so I would assume that if she didn't know before Nathema, she's clued in then.

Although I was under the impression that given how much digging Lana probably had to do to find the PC and release them from carbonite, if they were an SIS double agent, she would have discovered it sometime during those five years.

Edited by IoNonSoEVero

From what Charles Boyd said on Twitter I get the feeling that it's not so much that she's going to go traitor as it is that she's just going to walk away. He mentioned something about her possibly being upset if the Commander commits war crimes against Imperial citizens. IMHO it's not a stretch to see either her or Theron being horrified by repeated mass attacks on civilians from their factions and walk out of the Alliance or stop supporting the Commander for that. Even though Lana has her issues with the Sith, I also can't see her being cool about it if the PC jumps back on the Jedi Order's old "let's exterminate all the Sith!" party line.

I also hope it won't be a situation where the PC ends up fighting or killing her, although given how much some people keep whining and screaming for that, I do worry that the devs will finally give in, as they have with other characters.

Hm, considering my JK is mostly LS and doesn't go on unecessary killing spree, i guess she should not turn on her, so i hope it'd take a lot for her to turn against our PC if she's going to do that.

I'd be fine with Lana walking away quite on good terms, like at the end of SoR and my JK and her trying to avoid any confrontation in the future, but if she has to become an ennemy, my JK may be LS but she'd not take lightly a real threat towards the Alliance.

If she was made to do a double agent thing like Theron, she'd be forgiven, if she was to become an actual traitor at some point, sadly she'd not be forgiven :(

I was able to find the mail from Theron. He's all, "let me tell you about the time I killed a Sith!" https://66.media.tumblr.com/cf823ee59f06df20b82eb9541b0ebc2e/tumblr_pjskgxbVLZ1tk612eo2_250.png

Ah, that's the mail you get on originaly Pub characters, i got this one on my JK, i though you were talking about one you get if you're a former Imp and killed Gnost-Dural

I haven't been through Nathema with a double agent, because my characters never support the Republic, but doesn't Shara Jenn show up for a double agent IA? Lana's standing right there when Shara chews out the IA for going to the SIS, so I would assume that if she didn't know before Nathema, she's clued in then.

Although I was under the impression that given how much digging Lana probably had to do to find the PC and release them from carbonite, if they were an SIS double agent, she would have discovered it sometime during those five years.

The IA i did it with chose to become a ghost at the end of her class story and to reject both the Empire and the Republic, and i skipped Copero and Nathema on her, so i don't know who you get in that case (i started Copero, but it was really too much for me on a non stealth character to handle, that FP is really annoying)

Haven't done it with a double agent either, my IA who will turn double agent is really far from that point (i think she's somewhere like Balmorra which is the middle of her chapter 1 ^^').

So maybe Lana knows, but that doesn't explain why she would hide the fact that the SIS tried to contact a double agent Commander then, unless she has an ulterior motive to that, which would not sound very good for her...

The IA i did it with chose to become a ghost at the end of her class story and to reject both the Empire and the Republic, and i skipped Copero and Nathema on her, so i don't know who you get in that case (i started Copero, but it was really too much for me on a non stealth character to handle, that FP is really annoying)

Haven't done it with a double agent either, my IA who will turn double agent is really far from that point (i think she's somewhere like Balmorra which is the middle of her chapter 1 ^^').

So maybe Lana knows, but that doesn't explain why she would hide the fact that the SIS tried to contact a double agent Commander then, unless she has an ulterior motive to that, which would not sound very good for her...

Does Jonas say specifically that Lana hid the messages? In the YouTube video I saw of her talking with a Republic defector, it says something like "the Empire made some subtle inquiries but I never acted on them." The stupid Imperial droid never mentions trying to get in touch. So it doesn't explain why Lana would not tell the PC about those messages from the Empire right away, but she does disclose them during that sunset walk. Is it very different Republic side? If so, again, I think unfortunately they're setting her up to leave. :(

This I hope too. There is no need for kill option and adding it would just make more players unhappy. Walking away would work fine because that would give players some powers weather these things happen or not. It would be concequence for things PC does and make your choices more meaningfull.

This I hope too. There is no need for kill option and adding it would just make more players unhappy. Walking away would work fine because that would give players some powers weather these things happen or not. It would be concequence for things PC does and make your choices more meaningfull.

On one hand I actually do wish that Lana (and other characters) would react if the PC did things they didn't like. Not giving a kill option and just a "walk away" would be kinder and would not give the edgelords the blood they want, so I'd be in favor of it too.

But the problem is that Bioware is set on that dead/gone for one = dead/gone for all stance and despite their claim that "being dead isn't an impediment to being in people's stories," their actions prove otherwise. So whether Lana walks away or gets a kill option it's unlikely IMHO that they will give her content for the people who kept her. That's the issue I have, that other people's actions will affect my game and that she will vanish even if I press 'save' on every single toon.

On one hand I actually do wish that Lana (and other characters) would react if the PC did things they didn't like. Not giving a kill option and just a "walk away" would be kinder and would not give the edgelords the blood they want, so I'd be in favor of it too.

But the problem is that Bioware is set on that dead/gone for one = dead/gone for all stance and despite their claim that "being dead isn't an impediment to being in people's stories," their actions prove otherwise. So whether Lana walks away or gets a kill option it's unlikely IMHO that they will give her content for the people who kept her. That's the issue I have, that other people's actions will affect my game and that she will vanish even if I press 'save' on every single toon.

I understand that completely. They did say (last autumn in live stream if I recall right) that killing off npcs does NOT mean they would be removed from story from players who still have them. Maybe they should just start to keep that promise and we would have a working solution with walk away without ruining anyones game.

You also asked if Jonas say specifically that Lana hid the messages? He does say it pretty clear at least on my trooper run trough. Conversation goes something like trooper asking why he didnt contact her earlier and Jonas replying that he has tried to contact multiple times and suggest "having a chat with your sith friend". Not exact words but something like this. I think it might be trooper spesific part of the conversation.

I understand that completely. They did say (last autumn in live stream if I recall right) that killing off npcs does NOT mean they would be removed from story from players who still have them. Maybe they should just start to keep that promise and we would have a working solution with walk away without ruining anyones game.

If they kept that promise, I think that there wouldn't be this conflict, and we would indeed have a solution. If they could guarantee that Lana would still be in the game for anyone who kept her, it wouldn't matter what others do.

I just don't believe a word they say with it, though. They did include Theron in 5.10, so maybe the tide is turning a little, but there are so many others who have been bricked and have not been heard from in years now. To me Koth is a perfect example of how they don't include potentially dead characters. He should have had something to do or say in Nathema, since the Gravestone was involved, but they left him out.

You also asked if Jonas say specifically that Lana hid the messages? He does say it pretty clear at least on my trooper run trough. Conversation goes something like trooper asking why he didnt contact her earlier and Jonas replying that he has tried to contact multiple times and suggest "having a chat with your sith friend". Not exact words but something like this. I think it might be trooper spesific part of the conversation.

Well, that's pretty yikes. It sounds more and more to me like they're setting up an exit point for both Lana and Theron.

It does appear to be a trooper specific line. I didn't get it on my Jedi Knight.

Here's the conversation in question:

Does Jonas say specifically that Lana hid the messages? In the YouTube video I saw of her talking with a Republic defector, it says something like "the Empire made some subtle inquiries but I never acted on them." The stupid Imperial droid never mentions trying to get in touch. So it doesn't explain why Lana would not tell the PC about those messages from the Empire right away, but she does disclose them during that sunset walk. Is it very different Republic side? If so, again, I think unfortunately they're setting her up to leave. :(

About the SIS trying to contact imperial saboteurs, she says :

"The Rebublic SIS has been trying to recruit you for ages but I kept turning them down"

Which is the same no matter the former class of the character, so this is the same line for double agents as well, doesn't really sound like she actually knows that the IA has been an SIS agent all this time.

And when meeting Jonas he says "Can't blame you for abandoning the Imps, but it was a bit of a surprise", which is also the same line for every imp saboteurs but never says anything about trying to contact the PC. Doesn't really suit a double agent...

There's a reference later in the conversation about the IA working for the SIS for years and doing a good job at it though.

But it really looks like Lana really told them that the saboteurs were not interested in working with the Republic, and for a long time.

That is buging me as she made that decision without even asking the Commander if they were interested or not.

All that doesn't really make sense for a double agent actually.

And i really can't see why she kept that for herself without consulting the Commander... :confused:

Edited by Goreshaga

"The Rebublic SIS has been trying to recruit you for ages but I kept turning them down"

Which is the same no matter the former class of the character, so this is the same line for double agents as well, doesn't really sound like she actually knows that the IA has been an SIS agent all this time.

And when meeting Jonas he says "Can't blame you for abandoning the Imps, but it was a bit of a surprise", which is also the same line for every imp saboteurs but never says anything about trying to contact the PC. Doesn't really suit a double agent...

There's a reference later in the conversation about the IA working for the SIS for years and doing a good job at it though.

And i really can't see why she kept that for herself without consulting the Commander...

This is why I've complained that our Commanders aren't really in charge of the Alliance, that we turn out to just be Space Waifu Lana's puppets. Stuff like this keeps coming out, with Lana making calls about who to deal with and when without ever consulting or even informing our toons about it. Feels pretty traitorous to me--at best, it's presumptive and completely disrespectful of someone who allegedly is both Lana's friend and superior in the Alliance.

Here's the relevant conversation with an Imp Saboteur and Lana where she admits the SIS has been trying to contact the Commander for years and Lana has hidden that fact until now:

Edited by AscendingSky

But it really looks like Lana really told them that the saboteurs were not interested in working with the Republic, and for a long time.

That is buging me as she made that decision without even asking the Commander if they were interested or not.

And i really can't see why she kept that for herself without consulting the Commander... :confused:

Maybe they are setting Lana up to leave the Alliance for Republic aligned characters? Why else would they have her admit to that? She overstepped her bounds, to say the least. Yikes. She had no right whatsoever to make that decision and I can see it being a major breach of trust for Republic aligned characters. It's certainly just cause to send her packing to Dromund Kaas. Or for her to decide your goals and hers are too far apart and decide to leave.

Maybe they are setting Lana up to leave the Alliance for Republic aligned characters? Why else would they have her admit to that? She overstepped her bounds, to say the least. Yikes. She had no right whatsoever to make that decision and I can see it being a major breach of trust for Republic aligned characters. It's certainly just cause to send her packing to Dromund Kaas. Or for her to decide your goals and hers are too far apart and decide to leave.

Also when she admits it she doesn't seem sorry or apologetic at all. Just like it's her usual busines. If she would be working for us and not the other way around I would have expected to hear some explanation why she has blocked messages from us. During the whole kotfe/kotet we get emails where Lana or Theron has been catching messages ment for people in our alliance and they have either just prevented them getting them or modified them before sending onward. Lana seems to extend this treatment for PC as well.:mad:

Yep the fact she made that decision for my character without even telling them is not a good sign.

The weird part though is that there was no mention of her holding back any kind of information during my JK's playthrough, so i really don't know what to think of it, especially if she actually did held them back for a trooper, which seems to indicate that she did the same for other Pub loyalists but that they don't know yet, as they didn't know Jonas beforehand and couldn't ask him directly.

Also when she admits it she doesn't seem sorry or apologetic at all. Just like it's her usual busines. If she would be working for us and not the other way around I would have expected to hear some explanation why she has blocked messages from us. During the whole kotfe/kotet we get emails where Lana or Theron has been catching messages ment for people in our alliance and they have either just prevented them getting them or modified them before sending onward. Lana seems to extend this treatment for PC as well.:mad:

It doesn't bode well, that's for sure. It's disappointing that they seem to be setting her up for this sort of fall, IMHO. She's been nothing but loyal and trustworthy toward the Commander up until this time, and even though she wanted to hurt Theron during the traitor arc, she also was the one who ran to him the moment he actually was hurt. If the PC wants to leave him behind, she's the one who tries to talk them out of it.

So to now frame her as someone who is hiding information and trying to stop the Commander from going to the Republic, yeah, it doesn't bode well.

But on the other hand during both KOTFE/ET and Iokath there are a lot of signals that both Lana and Theron aren't as detached from their old factions as one might think on the surface. They both get upset if you don't save their factions' people in the GEMINI chapter; they both try to sell you on allying with their faction on Iokath, and they both have a disapproval notice if you side with the other faction. If you try to kill Satele Shan on Odessen, Lana sends you an email suggesting you finish the job next time. Theron sends that email knocking Malgus and bragging about killing Darth Karrid.

So I think that with the factions back in play we're possibly going to see them both pulled back toward their old loyalties, and unfortunately Lana trying to obstruct the PC's access to the SIS messages might be part of that.

Edited by IoNonSoEVero

I don't know why the writers believe everything has be a big drama. I'm sure Republic aligned players would be just fine and respect Lana's position if Lana had just said, by the way, this just came for you from the SIS, but then explained she won't work for the Republic but she understands your allegiance and she plans to go back to the Empire.

There's an amicable split that leaves Lana's character in tact, no breach of trust required.

Edited by Xenipher

I don't know why the writers believe everything has be a big drama. I'm sure Republic aligned players would be just fine and respect Lana's position if Lana had just said, by the way, this just came for you from the SIS, but then explained she won't work for the Republic but she understands your allegiance and she plans to go back to the Empire.

There's an amicable split that leaves Lana's character in tact, no breach of trust required.

Yes, or if she'd done what some of the Republic characters do for Imperial PCs. My SW got letters from Jorgan and Rusk saying that they wouldn't leave the Alliance but they would not fight directly against the Republic. They could have done the same for Lana on the other side: "This came for you from the SIS. I respect your decision but I can't help you fight the Empire. I'll be here for other Alliance needs." Simple enough.

I'm tired of the devs turning characters against us. It wasn't funny when they did it with Theron (even though he was a double agent, his actions killed a lot of people and could be a permanent breach of trust for many PCs) and it isn't funny if they're doing the same with Lana now.