ossus crystal weekly destroys regs

Opiklo

there is a weekly cap. all crystals are capped at 4 a week.

what is wrong with wanting your cake and eating too? there is a reason that is a saying. you dont get everything you want in life specialy when you deal with multiple people with different interests. like pve or pvp. bioware gave you options, you want more, you want it all. without any cost.

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

you dont have to get both, you (from your responces) want your cake and eat it too. you want all four crystals, but only if by doing your desired content.

Heaven forbid content is catered to pvpers and pvers in different ways....like I dunno, a separate gear grind balanced for said modes? I don't like pve. I shouldn't be forced to pve to keep pace with others in pvp.

Please, back in the day the pvp dailies required a win and matches were so much better when people cared. I don't care if its the "casual" mode. Its the ONLY mode we have for warzones (I hate arenas.) Heaven forbid there's an incentive to play the objective and try to win.

This ^^^

Couldn’t have said it better myself.

They could very easily change this mission so that you have to win the match with 8 medals to get the shard. Then people would have to stay the whole match and actually try to win.

Too many participation medals given out in real life that set expectations that things should be given to them without trying. This is why people whine when they have to actually try.

I personally believe rewards in pvp should be for winning. If they want to get rewards then try to win or make it more time consuming to get the rewards.

Ie win 1 match with 8 medals or lose 8 matches with 8 medals to get the shard.

Credits, UCs, CXP, XP should also be SIGNIFICANTLY lower for a loss. To the point that it is a grind if you are only losing,

Edited by TrixxieTriss

Well, I mean, there's no other achievement or conquest objective that I'm aware of that DOESN'T require the match to be finished, so, its unusual in the very least to see the quest simply depend on earning the medals. I'm pretty much a filthy casual but I was certainly surprised to see this thread, because when I acquired the mission, I simply assumed it required the match to be completed. But, I could be wrong on the achievement thing. I don't think I've ever seen a pvp achievement message pop up until after the match but maybe I'm wrong?

I can appreciate the design intent of having it be in a single match. That, coupled with the medals not being awarded until the match is over, is probably the only way to get non-pvp'ers to ostensibly "care" about participating in the warzone, and not "force" pvp any more than it already is. Can you earn enough defense medals guarding a node that goes unopposed for the whole match?

I think changing that mission to require >= 8 medals in a single completed/finished match is a reasonable suggestion, and I haven't even set foot in a warzone since 5.10 dropped, it took all week for me just to have enough time to play to get my main through the basic story. I mean, people will complain about having to spend X additional minutes in their 12 minute warzone beyond their required 8 medals, but, you get out what you put in.

Credits, UCs, CXP, XP should also be SIGNIFICANTLY lower for a loss. To the point that it is a grind if you are only losing,

There are too many other factors that could be against your favor in a losing streak (assuming solo-queue): the presence of a premade on one faction, disproportionate # of healers, and the wide variety of gear, enthusiasm, knowledge, choice of utilities, etc. I can't support that suggestion Trixxie. You can't complain about the length of the gear grind for pvp'ers and then directly, dramatically, and harshly worsen it for, at a minimum, 50% of the pvp'ers at any given time.

And the notion of Experience Points being lower, I mean, that's just asking to delete players from endgame and lowbie queues. That's the exact opposite of what you'd want for lowbie pvp. Are you high?

Not that your recommendation is particularly germane to the OP, but whatever.

There are too many other factors that could be against your favor in a losing streak (assuming solo-queue): the presence of a premade on one faction, disproportionate # of healers, and the wide variety of gear, enthusiasm, knowledge, choice of utilities, etc. I can't support that suggestion Trixxie. You can't complain about the length of the gear grind for pvp'ers and then directly, dramatically, and harshly worsen it for, at a minimum, 50% of the pvp'ers at any given time.

And the notion of Experience Points being lower, I mean, that's just asking to delete players from endgame and lowbie queues. That's the exact opposite of what you'd want for lowbie pvp. Are you high?

Not that your recommendation is particularly germane to the OP, but whatever.

There is room to adjust the levels. They should not be nearly the same for a win and a loss.

I can see your point regarding XP and why that idea might not work the best. But UCs, CXP and credits should be much lower at lvl 70.

People don’t try because they don’t have an incentive to try. They are so use to getting rewards for not trying. I believe if this system had already been in place the state of pvp wouldn’t be such a mess of under skilled and apathetic players who dont try to win matches.

Give them a reason to try and skill quality will improve and people will come back instead of leaving because of how bad pvp has become.

I agree there are plenty of mitigating factors out of your control that make you lose. These should also be fixed at the same time.

The matchmaking system is borked and matching premades vs pugs just to make the queue pop faster is the wrong way to do it. More people leave the queue when they get matched constantly with premades.

The queue would probably be healthier and pop just as fast or faster if it actually put premades vs premades. The only time it should ever put a premade against a pug is if there is only one premade in the queue.

Edited by TrixxieTriss

The matchmaking system is borked and matching premades vs pugs just to make the queue pop faster is the wrong way to do it. More people leave the queue when they get matched constantly with premades.

The queue would probably be healthier and pop just as fast or faster if it actually put premades vs premades. The only time it should ever put a premade against a pug is if there is only one premade in the queue.

Not quite on-topic, but I have to admit I didn't think you'd fall on that side of the debate. I can't read every anti-premade thread that pretty much comes up every week to analyze where the usual forum warriors stand. Personally … it would be an interesting experiment, now that there can be custom pvp matches for both ground and GSF, if one could only solo-queue. This discussion takes place quite frequently on the GSF forums too, and, there is something worthwhile to be said for objecting to the notion that a group game wouldn't allow you to group with your friends. I recall we had that experiment for ground a few years ago, back in the 3.0 era maybe, because of a bug, for about a week. Queues didn't die, in fact they were more active. I certainly don't know what the right answer is for either ground or GSF, and I can appreciate the arguments from both proponents of both sides.

There is room to adjust the levels. They should not be nearly the same for a win and a loss.

I can see your point regarding XP and why that idea might not work the best. But UCs, CXP and credits should be much lower at lvl 70.

People don’t try because they don’t have an incentive to try. They are so use to getting rewards for not trying. I believe if this system had already been in place the state of pvp wouldn’t be such a mess of under skilled and apathetic players who dont try to win matches.

Give them a reason to try and skill quality will improve and people will come back instead of leaving because of how bad pvp has become.

I agree there are plenty of mitigating factors out of your control that make you lose. These should also be fixed at the same time.

UC for a loss is 8, 5 if reg arena. UC for a win is 20. thats half, even more than half if its a reg arena.

credits for winning is 18k. for losing its 5k. that a loss of 75% credits.

the cxp admitingly is not a huge difference, 4k vs 6k (legacy dbl cxp+cxp boost) but who cares about cxpp anymore?

Not quite on-topic, but I have to admit I didn't think you'd fall on that side of the debate. I can't read every anti-premade thread that pretty much comes up every week to analyze where the usual forum warriors stand. Personally … it would be an interesting experiment, now that there can be custom pvp matches for both ground and GSF, if one could only solo-queue. This discussion takes place quite frequently on the GSF forums too, and, there is something worthwhile to be said for objecting to the notion that a group game wouldn't allow you to group with your friends. I recall we had that experiment for ground a few years ago, back in the 3.0 era maybe, because of a bug, for about a week. Queues didn't die, in fact they were more active. I certainly don't know what the right answer is for either ground or GSF, and I can appreciate the arguments from both proponents of both sides.

I think you misunderstand the premade thing. I’m not advocating a seperate queue. Everyone would still be in the same queue, but the system would look at current games taking place and how many total premades there were.

It would still put premade/pug teams against other premade/pug teams sometimes and premade/premade vs premade/premad.

For that to happen it would need to sometimes delay a pop for a premade team till another premade finished a match.

At the moment the queue works only on who is next in the queue to make it pop fast. But that reduces the amount of people in the total queue because they leave after getting into premade vs full pug rotation matches.

Less people would leave the queue if it waited a few minutes (at most) for premades to be put against premades and not full pug teams.

As I said, there should never be a reason for a premade to be against a full pug team unless there is only one premade in the queue. But I will revise that and say there should never be a premade vs a full pug team if there are an odd number of premades less than 5.

UC for a loss is 8, 5 if reg arena. UC for a win is 20. thats half, even more than half if its a reg arena.

credits for winning is 18k. for losing its 5k. that a loss of 75% credits.

the cxp admitingly is not a huge difference, 4k vs 6k (legacy dbl cxp+cxp boost) but who cares about cxpp anymore?

Well, maybe not reduce the loss amount much more and instead increase the win more to incentivise people to win.

Change to :

UC for a win = 30

Credits = 35k

CXP = 12k (still useful for crates to disintergrate and other things people value)

When people have a reason to win they will try if the reward is worth it.

what is wrong with wanting your cake and eating too? there is a reason that is a saying. you dont get everything you want in life specialy when you deal with multiple people with different interests. like pve or pvp. bioware gave you options, you want more, you want it all. without any cost.

Without cost? You mean like subscriber fees cost? Maybe you consider trading your time to do fun stuff away for instead doing stuff you hate as a currency? This is a game, not real life. People should never have to trade away fun as if it were a currency to get something back. Instead the game should allow people to succeed at getting the essentials like BiS by doing things they consider fun.

Maybe you would like them to extend the concept and the more things you hate the better gear you get. We could add more non-fun quests to do to earn gear:

1.) listen to constant screeching nails on chalk board while you play - 1 piece of gear.

2.) stare at a windows blue-screen-of-death for 2 hours without blinking - 1 piece of gear

3.) Watch the movie Yentl - 10 pieces of gear (but only if you hate this movie)

4.) Be stuck in a traffic jam that moves .0001 mph for 10 hours when you are late for work - 2 pieces of gear.

5.) Root canal on a tooth that doesn't even need any work - 2 pieces of gear.

Then we can skip doing anything fun on the game at all.

I think the reason the rotating weekly seems a bit more important is maybe for solo players who will not try to find a group to do bosses and are done grinding their 500 UC (and the next 1000 UC is out of reach) have great interest in that quest to get a 2nd crystal. More choices is rarely a bad thing. But restrictions, many times are.

They need to remove the 8 medal rotating weekly and the 10 Ossus dailies weekly and make 1 new weekly:

Complete unranked warzones 0/20 (wins count for 2) OR complete 10 homogenous, repetitive Ossus Dailies. Yields 1 crystal and a lockbox.

That way, we can do either. Pvers can do their thing while pvpers do theirs. This way, the unranked queue isn't muddied by people standing with their arms at their hips while someone runs a huttball past them (saw it 3 times last night) and pvpers don't have to spend most of their free time doing Ossus dailies (which, for the record, who is God's name finds those enjoyable?)

I mean I get what they are trying to do. They're trying to get each of our communities into each others' worlds. Pvpers pveing and vice versa. I just don't think people want to do activities they're not interested in... weird right?

So they can leave the WB crystal weekly, bc I guess WBs are 'fun' n all... but fix it. I spent 3 hours doing Droid and Bug back n forth yesterday. And ofc most of it is standing around holding my lightsaber... bc that's what pve is. Standing around waiting.

Edited by AndriusAjax

What is wrong with wanting more options in a game we pay for? PvP, Solo PvE, Group PvE - why not give people more ways to to get the weekly datacrystal? It harms no one, and that way everyone can do something they find fun and not a chore.

I'm in a good place for the current update, since I do mostly PvE and just PvP occassionaly, but I would like more choices in what my chars do to earn the crystals.

WB are fun - but not on 10 different alts.

PvP the same - but there are times I don't feel like doing pvp again or I'm running a class/spec that I don't want to take into PvP.

More choices on what to do - such as do the WB, or one of the weekly FP, or the weekly PvP - can only help keep the game fresh and interesting.

Otherwise every alt is doing the exact same thing. Some people love playing only one class and one role all time, I don't. I like to change things up a bit.

More Choice = More Ways to Have Fun

My approach to this new thing is this. I know a lot of people think Im just its biggest fan, but in reality I just have a reality based outlook.

• in 5.10 kieth made everything in cxp crates (with exception of a free 252 piece) useless. So no dependancy on cxp grind
  • week 1 of rep got me to friend status, week 2 got me halfway to champion, and both reps were done tuesday after 4 toons getting their 10 daily crate
  • the curent gearing system is very similar to the pve gearing before 5.0 era.
  • while expertise would be nice (trust me, if 6.0 doesnt have expertise Im done. I no longer have a reason to stay) eric flat stated for all of us, expertise is an expansion update, and no one ever thought for a second 5.10 was 6.0
  • people are upset that they have to pve or pvp to gear. but they do not keep a realistic concept in mind, you cannot make one way of gearing better or faster than the other (ie pvp or pve) because you lend the other side an advantage.

last but not least a lot of players right now have forgotten we all used to do the final planet dailys. we just havent done dailys for so long we feel like its "nonpvp so trash" content.

My approach to this new thing is this. I know a lot of people think Im just its biggest fan, but in reality I just have a reality based outlook.

• in 5.10 kieth made everything in cxp crates (with exception of a free 252 piece) useless. So no dependancy on cxp grind
  • week 1 of rep got me to friend status, week 2 got me halfway to champion, and both reps were done tuesday after 4 toons getting their 10 daily crate
  • the curent gearing system is very similar to the pve gearing before 5.0 era.
  • while expertise would be nice (trust me, if 6.0 doesnt have expertise Im done. I no longer have a reason to stay) eric flat stated for all of us, expertise is an expansion update, and no one ever thought for a second 5.10 was 6.0
  • people are upset that they have to pve or pvp to gear. but they do not keep a realistic concept in mind, you cannot make one way of gearing better or faster than the other (ie pvp or pve) because you lend the other side an advantage.

last but not least a lot of players right now have forgotten we all used to do the final planet dailys. we just havent done dailys for so long we feel like its "nonpvp so trash" content.

We can bring back expertise in 6.0 AND STILL keep the good parts of 5.x, in my suggestion:

http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=957753