Romance/companions and LGBTQ+ 🌈

Eshvara

• Replies 157
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You know, there is a lore and community content forum section where you could speculate all the steamy bedroom habits of all the companions and their mothers, and RP purple quinns whatever those where. Why are they a every day norm in general discussion though is beyond me.

Β 

There are subforums for pretty much everything. If everyone stuck to the appropriate section the general forum would be more of a ghost town than it is. The moderators have shown many times they are perfectly happy moving threads into other forums. If they are content to ignore companion threads, then maybe you should emulate them and ignore them too.

Β 

Multiplayer games are made for multiplayer purposes. You can play them solo all you want, but you're lying to yourself if you believe the majority audience of MMOs is solo players.

Β 

That isn't at all what I said. What I said is that all MMOs are different. They have different focuses and different audiences, solo play being among them, and this MMO in particular, has always had a strong focus on solo story. That might not be your cup of tea, but it is one of the main pillars this game was founded on. I also was pointing out, in a round about way, that "multiplayer purposes" does not mean exclusively group content. Chatting in town is a time honored "multiplayer purpose" too.

Have you considered a revolutionary new option called Role Playing?

That is where you make a character and do different things with it that you wouldn't usually do in real life.

It is a crazy concept but it is catching on.

Β 

In all seriousness, Biowares biggest strength is story (yes even after KotFE/ET) and that story requires that the participants within it have distinct personalities which means that they also need their OWN defined sexuality not just latching onto the PC because they are the PC.

Β 

I am going to introduce you to another crazy idea that you may not have heard before.

No...

No you can't have this just because you want it.

Blows the mind doesn't it.

Edited by QuinlanSaathis

I doubt that anyone's seeing them as such. But in a game that is heavily based on story and interpersonal relationships, they can make the game more fun.

Β 

Right?!

Β 

Im married with a child 20+ years now! I still love my fake game hubbys and their romances and writing fanfiction for them!

Β 

I can have my cake and eat it too!

Edited by Suzsi

What do you feel like the LGBT+ community really needs in terms of romance in swtor?

For me at least as a Bisexual female, I'd like there to be a more feminine F/F romance, but generally F/F is just way too underrepresented. I think in the podcast they mentioned a Droid romance? ;/

I find it kind of blah to think that that is their next priority rather than SGR.

I know they added Nadia and Jaesa and I'm sure we also know what the problem is with those characters.

Β 

Thoughts?

Β 

I'm missing a proper M/M Sith romance or a M/M Jedi romance. Yes, we have Arcann as a Force User, but I specifically am waiting for a Jedi and Sith. Lord Cytharat was a perfect candidate for a great romance option and companion but sadly he has received a kill-off option so we won't ever be seeing him again which is a gigantic waste in my opinion. And there isn't a male Jedi yet that could be part of a M/M Jedi romance.

Β 

So those are the only 2 things that I am really missing at the moment. I want a Lord Cytharat-like Sith character to romance on a male Imperial character and a male Jedi for Repside. If we'd receive that I would feel entirely satisfied with the way LGBTQ+ themes are handled in the game.

I am not part of LGBTQ+, but I support more romances since I really want my Chiss Dating Simulatorβ„’ at some point. :rak_03:

Β 

In a more serious tone -- I get the criticism how romances are outshining the main story, but I don't feel that's the fault of the romances. The main stories just aren't as good as they were in vanilla. Romances are an easy way to keep people playing and paying money even when the story isn't that engaging. No, not all people, but some of them, and some paying customers is better than no paying customers.

Actually, Kiesu started it with his "leftist ideologists" comment, so you might want to direct your comment to him. He seems to find this whole thread offensive, when I know a lot of us welcome it. Sadly, one can't talk about LGBT issues without someone getting upset about it. Maybe someday.

Β 

Didn't notice, but I see it now and that's wrong too.

This thread motivated me to make a thread in the suggestion box in regards to 2 romance options I am missing for the LGBTQ+ community in this game: a M/M Sith and M/M Jedi. As I said, we have Arcann as a Force User, but not a Jedi and Sith specifically.

Β 

So if you'd also like to see this ingame, please let the devs know: http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=957602

Please don't start riling people up with this negativity. Also politics aren't allowed on these forums.

Β 

LGBTQ+ has always been a political thing. I mean the movement has been gaining strength for years to get equality in the mainstream and only recently has the world been a more accepting place to the idea, but that was only possible because of the movement making its way through the local, legal and countrywide matters, including politics to gain rights on the matter. You can't have one without the other.

Β 

What you are essentially campaigning for on SWTOR is using that position to effect change to bring that message to this game and the politics come with it.

Β 

With that said, back to your OP:

Β 

What do you feel like the LGBT+ community really needs in terms of romance in swtor?

For me at least as a Bisexual female, I'd like there to be a more feminine F/F romance, but generally F/F is just way too underrepresented. I think in the podcast they mentioned a Droid romance? ;/

I find it kind of blah to think that that is their next priority rather than SGR.

I know they added Nadia and Jaesa and I'm sure we also know what the problem is with those characters.

Β 

Thoughts?

Β 

Β 

Felix, Andronikos, Mako and Kaliyo are possibilities for SGR. Felix and Mako need somt TLC and Andronikos and Kaliyo don't strike me as the type who are picky about who they end up with.

LGBTQ+ has always been a political thing. I mean the movement has been gaining strength for years to get equality in the mainstream and only recently has the world been a more accepting place to the idea, but that was only possible because of the movement making its way through the local, legal and countrywide matters, including politics to gain rights on the matter. You can't have one without the other.

Β 

What you are essentially campaigning for on SWTOR is using that position to effect change to bring that message to this game and the politics come with it.

Β 

You're really missing the point here.

Well excuse me for trying to help promote the message.

Β 

There's a difference between discussing LGBT and the opposing sides of politics, which is what isn't allowed. Those are not necessary to this conversation, and your reply to it isn't exactly relevant to me pointing that out.

Either way, I'm not going to continue this with you, have a good day, Celise.

Edited by Eshvara

Β 

Β 

Β 

Exactly, it's always going to be a political discussion whether you want it to be or not. The progress that has been made on LGBTQ+ rights hasn't been made by sitting in a fake-happy bubble surrounded by fluffy kittens and rainbows, it's essential to face bigotry when you see it.